coilman
coilman
Joined: Jan 29, 2012
  • Threads: 136
  • Posts: 1133
December 31st, 2016 at 2:22:22 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I really dont think she wanted to fight. She did manage to earn $3 million for 60 seconds and realized this would be her last big payday.




48 seconds for that $3 million

works out to a hourly rate of $225 MILLION
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 113
  • Posts: 8437
June 6th, 2020 at 2:24:12 PM permalink
I think there is value in bridge jumping tonight. Amanda Nunes is "only" -650 against Felicia Spencer. I give the challenger less than 10% chance to win. I've watched them both fight. To me, they are not even in the same league. The underdog is + 475. Of course Buster Douglas beat Tyson, but this looks to me like as much of a "lock" as there can be in a one on one fight. My $65,000 to win $10,000.

(If I actually bet.....)
michael99000
michael99000
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2112
June 6th, 2020 at 5:28:36 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I think there is value in bridge jumping tonight. Amanda Nunes is "only" -650 against Felicia Spencer. I give the challenger less than 10% chance to win. I've watched them both fight. To me, they are not even in the same league. The underdog is + 475. Of course Buster Douglas beat Tyson, but this looks to me like as much of a "lock" as there can be in a one on one fight. My $65,000 to win $10,000.

(If I actually bet.....)



The William Hill book took a 1 million dollar bet on Nunes to win 166k.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 113
  • Posts: 8437
June 6th, 2020 at 5:38:45 PM permalink
Quote: michael99000

The William Hill book took a 1 million dollar bet on Nunes to win 166k.



I wonder if that big a bet moves the line? i was actually shocked that it wasn't at least 10-1.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy 
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 106
  • Posts: 5150
June 6th, 2020 at 5:42:59 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I think there is value in bridge jumping tonight. Amanda Nunes is "only" -650 against Felicia Spencer. I give the challenger less than 10% chance to win. I've watched them both fight. To me, they are not even in the same league. The underdog is + 475. Of course Buster Douglas beat Tyson, but this looks to me like as much of a "lock" as there can be in a one on one fight. My $65,000 to win $10,000.

(If I actually bet.....)


To be fair, IMO, Douglas beat Tyson because that fight was in Japan and the crowd was dead - and, apparently, Tyson needs to feed off of the crowd.

Still, when you mention bridge jumping, it reminded me of a bet I touted somewhere else about a year ago:

-365 that any of Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma, or Michigan would win the CFP football championship.

Look how well that went.
michael99000
michael99000
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2112
June 6th, 2020 at 5:55:22 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I wonder if that big a bet moves the line? i was actually shocked that it wasn't at least 10-1.



Itís been -650/+475 at my book pretty much all day

Usually it moves as the fight time gets closer.
ksdjdj
ksdjdj
Joined: Oct 20, 2013
  • Threads: 84
  • Posts: 1011
June 6th, 2020 at 10:15:52 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I think there is value in bridge jumping tonight. Amanda Nunes is "only" -650 against Felicia Spencer. I give the challenger less than 10% chance to win. I've watched them both fight. To me, they are not even in the same league. The underdog is + 475. Of course Buster Douglas beat Tyson, but this looks to me like as much of a "lock" as there can be in a one on one fight. My $65,000 to win $10,000.

(If I actually bet.....)


Congrats, if you ended up having a bet on Nunes.

Update: I put it in a "spoiler" in case anyone hasn't watched the fight / seen the results...
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 113
  • Posts: 8437
Thanks for this post from:
ksdjdj
June 7th, 2020 at 4:41:25 AM permalink
Quote: ksdjdj

Congrats, if you ended up having a bet on Nunes.

Update: I put it in a "spoiler" in case anyone hasn't watched the fight / seen the results...



I was teasing. I rarely bet on such things. But I do believe that the UFC and their paid announcers were disingenuous as they were hyping this fight. I truly believe that no MMA expert would even give Spencer a better than 'miracle' chance to win the fight, unless it was for adding interest to the obvious mismatch. Just watch both of them fight the same opponent.... Cyborg... and you will know what I mean.
I wonder what is next for Nunes? There really seems to be no fight for her......
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 207
  • Posts: 12410
June 7th, 2020 at 12:28:48 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: ksdjdj

Congrats, if you ended up having a bet on Nunes.

Update: I put it in a "spoiler" in case anyone hasn't watched the fight / seen the results...



I was teasing. I rarely bet on such things. But I do believe that the UFC and their paid announcers were disingenuous as they were hyping this fight. I truly believe that no MMA expert would even give Spencer a better than 'miracle' chance to win the fight, unless it was for adding interest to the obvious mismatch. Just watch both of them fight the same opponent.... Cyborg... and you will know what I mean.
I wonder what is next for Nunes? There really seems to be no fight for her......



She has offers on the table from both the WWE and AEW that could be worth seven figures whenever she chooses to leave the UFC.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 113
  • Posts: 8437
June 8th, 2020 at 2:09:57 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: ksdjdj

Congrats, if you ended up having a bet on Nunes.

Update: I put it in a "spoiler" in case anyone hasn't watched the fight / seen the results...



I was teasing. I rarely bet on such things. But I do believe that the UFC and their paid announcers were disingenuous as they were hyping this fight. I truly believe that no MMA expert would even give Spencer a better than 'miracle' chance to win the fight, unless it was for adding interest to the obvious mismatch. Just watch both of them fight the same opponent.... Cyborg... and you will know what I mean.
I wonder what is next for Nunes? There really seems to be no fight for her......



She has offers on the table from both the WWE and AEW that could be worth seven figures whenever she chooses to leave the UFC.



Good for her. But bad for MMA lovers. I hope she stays and defends until someone comes along that is on her level. Women's MMA is nowhere near as deep in talent as men's MMA.

  • Jump to: