Thread Rating:

RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
August 27th, 2015 at 5:47:58 PM permalink
Quote: ajemeister

I have a question about this too... how good are they at finding out what the ticket is, should it be damaged. I placed my first bet in vegas, and it seems the slips they gave me don't fair well with sweat and vegas heat. some of the numbers are partially worn off. Is there any chance of sending this back in to claim or is it pretty much void?

Back in the 90s, or early 2000s 1998, I was in Vegas for the Daytona 500 in Feb. I bet Jeff Gordon to win the Nascar Championship that year at 8 to 1, or something close to that. By the time the season ended in Nov. the ticket was almost completely blank. I could not see Gordon's name, and the bet amount was very faint. I don't recall how faint the bar code was. I mailed the ticket in, and they paid it with no problem.

| Edit: I remembered it was the year Earnhardt won the Daytona 500 race, because I was going to bet on him, but changed my mind at the window. It was 1998.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!

• Jump to: