prozema
prozema
  • Threads: 24
Thanks for this post from:
socks
May 13th, 2017 at 10:37:48 AM permalink
Quote: socks

For those saying avoid online poker, one of the best use cases is practicing for live games. I used to play 100's of hands per hour at 2/4 and 3/6 to practice for live games up to 40/80.

I think we are trying to say the same thing. I agree that the quality of play at an online 3/6 game is way better than .01/.02.
DiscreteMaths2
DiscreteMaths2
  • Threads: 13
May 13th, 2017 at 11:55:09 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

What's the point of .01/.02. Might as well play with play money.

Well for 0.01/0.02 No Limit the buy-in cap is usually like $2 but as you amass chips you still get to play whatever you have on the table so even though it appears to be a mere penny game bets getting as high as $6 or $10 all in bets are not uncommon. So if you don't know what you are doing you can still drain your bankroll just as easy any other form of gambling.

For a person like me who still needs a lot of study and practice for No Limit it allows you get those hands in and start to confirm an actual win rate and if you are playing at a place that allows easy record keeping of hands played you can get start to build analytics of your play which really can help you improve your game.
Assume the worst, believe no one, and make your move only when you are certain that you are unbeatable or have, at worst, exceptionally good odds in your favor.

• Jump to: