Ahigh
Ahigh
Joined: May 19, 2010
  • Threads: 89
  • Posts: 5195
May 27th, 2015 at 7:07:06 PM permalink
Quote: richbailey86

The one and only time i put a c-note on bubble craps was when i was pissed off and i put it on field

12 rolled. Took my 400 and walked

This was sunday night. I posted it in trip reports lol

Its hard to believe. I know. I took pictures



The craziest thing I have seen on the field was at the Silverton.

Someone comes up with $2,000 in purple. Goes crazy in the field.

They get lucky and get up to $24,000 (tipping about $2,500 along the way).

And then, you guessed it, lost it all. The whole thing took less than 20 minutes.

Dealers were happy as they go table-for-table there (split five ways with one on high-limit blackjack).
aahigh.com
petroglyph
petroglyph
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 3360
May 27th, 2015 at 7:29:27 PM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

Nope! The worst bet is the pass line after the point is established as a four or a ten.

On crapless, it's when the point is aces or twelve.



Have you played any crapless lately?
Ahigh
Ahigh
Joined: May 19, 2010
  • Threads: 89
  • Posts: 5195
May 27th, 2015 at 7:56:15 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Have you played any crapless lately?



Nope. I'll go play crapless with you if you want to play. It's been a while since I have been in the Strat since the SLS went up. The Plaza I haven't been there in an even longer period of time. I did go downtown last week and got a host at Binions for the first time. But I didn't go to the Plaza. I do have a host at the Plaza, but haven't played in so long... I also got a host at Westgate on Monday.
aahigh.com
Aussie
Aussie
Joined: Dec 29, 2009
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 414
May 27th, 2015 at 8:19:08 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

It is also the worst bet on the table at a 16.67% house edge. You could at least hop the 1-6, 2-5, and 3-4 to cut it down to 13.89%. Or better yet, go to the UK or Australia where it pays 4.5 to 1.




I have never seen it pay 4.5-1 in Australia. Pays 4-1 everywhere I have been to.

The hardways pay 9.5-1 & 7.5-1 and the crap action is 33-1 & 16-1 with 7.5-1 for the any crap.
petroglyph
petroglyph
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 3360
May 27th, 2015 at 8:28:46 PM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

Nope. I'll go play crapless with you if you want to play. It's been a while since I have been in the Strat since the SLS went up. The Plaza I haven't been there in an even longer period of time. I did go downtown last week and got a host at Binions for the first time. But I didn't go to the Plaza. I do have a host at the Plaza, but haven't played in so long... I also got a host at Westgate on Monday.



I'll take you up on that when I get there, but you will have to re-learn how to play with red chips.
Ahigh
Ahigh
Joined: May 19, 2010
  • Threads: 89
  • Posts: 5195
May 27th, 2015 at 9:18:01 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

I'll take you up on that when I get there, but you will have to re-learn how to play with red chips.



I look forward to it!
aahigh.com
betwthelines
betwthelines
Joined: Jan 2, 2015
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 171
May 29th, 2015 at 6:39:22 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

(Any 7) is also the worst bet on the table at a 16.67% house edge...


...except if the layout hazza fire bet...tom "home runs are sometimes boring" p
"You can't EXPECT to win. But you CAN play Tough"...tom p, 1974
spr1000
spr1000
Joined: Oct 24, 2014
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 44
June 7th, 2015 at 12:09:31 AM permalink
I partially agree with that,but tell me why buying the 4 & 10 as a place bet reduces the house edge oppose to betting the pass line with odds when the 4 & 10 is the point. Is it the probability of a 4 or 10 hitting again which makes the odds worse?
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
June 7th, 2015 at 1:34:41 AM permalink
Quote: spr1000

I partially agree with that,but tell me why buying the 4 & 10 as a place bet reduces the house edge oppose to betting the pass line with odds when the 4 & 10 is the point. Is it the probability of a 4 or 10 hitting again which makes the odds worse?



Odds of a 4 or 10 hitting (before a 7) are constant. Doesn't get better or worse.

It's bad to put it on the pass line with odds because the part that pays even money....pays even money!
guitarmandp
guitarmandp
Joined: Mar 17, 2014
  • Threads: 41
  • Posts: 187
June 7th, 2015 at 3:29:51 AM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

The craziest thing I have seen on the field was at the Silverton.

Someone comes up with $2,000 in purple. Goes crazy in the field.

They get lucky and get up to $24,000 (tipping about $2,500 along the way).

And then, you guessed it, lost it all. The whole thing took less than 20 minutes.

Dealers were happy as they go table-for-table there (split five ways with one on high-limit blackjack).



I saw an asian guy walk up to the table about 2 weeks ago and put a $5,000 grey chip on the field and a 12 rolls! He walks away from the table but first he tips the shooter $1,0000

Another time I saw an arab guy buy in for $2,000 and put stacks of black chips on the field and he got cleaned out within about 5 or 6 bets. He takes out another $2,000 buys in again and this time the field starts hitting like crazy. He starts parlaying his field bet and then I see this guy have $4,0000 on the field along with a $400 high low. The next roll is aces, and he gets paid like $6,000 on his high low and gets paid $8,000 on the field. Next roll is a 12! and he collects again. He walked away with 45 grand and he bought in for $4,000. Most incredible stroke of dumb luck I have ever seen. I later bumped into at the same place a few months later and I chatted with him about that fluke, he told me that he was actually down $100,000 playing Black Jack that day so that got him about half his money back!

  • Jump to: