Thread Rating:

guitarmandp
guitarmandp
  • Threads: 41
April 18th, 2015 at 10:17:32 AM permalink
There's this guy that bets huge on the don'ts. He bets $1,000 flat bet and then lays $6,000 regardless of the point. He also puts a purple chip on the hardway as insurance and hops the 7's on the come out roll for like $198 to cover his flat bet. He showed up last night right before I left, so I watched him play. Anyways he won 8 times in a row before I left. A couple of times the point was 5 or 9 and they rolled every number once or twice *BUT* the marked point. He had to have been up $25,000 to $30,000. Usually when I play the don'ts I loose my first three or four bets and then I'm trying to get back to even the rest of the session. I'm lucky if I can win two in a row! If I get on a winning streak which is rare, I'm usually way down by the time that winning streak starts and it gets me close to even, not even and I ended up going home broke.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
April 18th, 2015 at 12:15:52 PM permalink
Quote: guitarmandp

There's this guy that bets huge on the don'ts. He bets $1,000 flat bet and then lays $6,000 regardless of the point. He also puts a purple chip on the hardway as insurance and hops the 7's on the come out roll for like $198 to cover his flat bet. He showed up last night right before I left, so I watched him play. Anyways he won 8 times in a row before I left. A couple of times the point was 5 or 9 and they rolled every number once or twice *BUT* the marked point. He had to have been up $25,000 to $30,000. Usually when I play the don'ts I loose my first three or four bets and then I'm trying to get back to even the rest of the session. I'm lucky if I can win two in a row! If I get on a winning streak which is rare, I'm usually way down by the time that winning streak starts and it gets me close to even, not even and I ended up going home broke.

So you knock 2 zeroes off the amounts and this becomes an affordable strategy. $10 don't. $60 odds. $5 hardway. $2 any 7 on comeout. Except I don't understand "on the hardway as insurance", sorry; which bet is this, exactly, and what type of insurance does it provide? I thought hardways were doubles/pairs. WoO says hardways are ON in LV, OFF in AC during comeout. So this only works if hardways are ON?
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
guitarmandp
guitarmandp
April 18th, 2015 at 1:38:12 PM permalink
If the point is 10 hes got a $1,000 flat bet and $6,000 lay, so $7,000 worth of action and then he puts $500 on the hard 10 so if it comes hard he only loses $3,500 instead of $7,000

Problem is if it comes easy, he now loses $7,700 (hop the red bet and hard 10 in addition to don't bet and odds)

It's a bad strategy because if it comes easy you've lost even more money!
PBguy
PBguy
  • Threads: 4
April 20th, 2015 at 12:06:54 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

But if you can't discern hot or cold while you're in the middle of a hot or cold table, then you don't really have much business betting.

Hot or Cold only describes what has happened not what will happen on the next roll.
guitarmandp
guitarmandp
April 20th, 2015 at 2:20:29 AM permalink
Quote: PBguy

Quote: SanchoPanza

But if you can't discern hot or cold while you're in the middle of a hot or cold table, then you don't really have much business betting.

Hot or Cold only describes what has happened not what will happen on the next roll.

A few days ago I asked some guy how he did on a certain table and he got pissed off and said "How the F do you think I did, the table is empty". An empty table can actually be a sign of a table that was hot. A lot of people will catch a monster roll or catch a good roll that gets them back to even, color up, and leave. It's quite common so I'm not sure an empty table is a sign of a hot or cold table but as a don't player I do look for a table that looks like there's not much going on.

A year or so ago as I was walking past a craps table, this dealer says to me "This is your kind of table, nobody has made a point on this table in over an hour". I bought in for 300 bucks thinking I was going to win some money. The next couple shooters proceded to destroy me on the don'ts making point after point until my money was gone.

• Jump to: