Thread Rating:

Gabes22
Gabes22
Joined: Jul 19, 2011
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 1397
April 13th, 2015 at 2:04:56 PM permalink
Quote: guitarmandp

If somebody is getting the don't pass and another player is betting the pass, how is that different than one roulette player betting black and another betting red?


Part of the lure of craps IMO is a pack mentality, where everyone wins together and loses together. Don't players, while making a better mathematical play, get the ire because they are the one winning when they all lose.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
guitarmandp
guitarmandp
Joined: Mar 17, 2014
  • Threads: 41
  • Posts: 187
April 13th, 2015 at 2:46:11 PM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

Part of the lure of craps IMO is a pack mentality, where everyone wins together and loses together. Don't players, while making a better mathematical play, get the ire because they are the one winning when they all lose.



I think that's one of the misconceptions about craps. Usually everybody loses whether you play the pass or the donts. Most people usually only win if theres a couple of big rolls where lots of inside and outside numbers are repeated. The only time the donts win is when they go around the entire table and nobody can make a point,

More often than not the table is choppy and neither side is really "winning". It's rare that the table consistently stays one way or another.

Also most people that I see playing the donts, don't really have the bankroll to lay odds. Most people I see "betting the dos" have a passline bet, 1x odds, and a couple of numbers with the minimum amount. It's hard to win playing the "good side" unless you have a great roll where your able to press. I think it's almost impossible to win the donts unless you lay odds. Sooner or later there is going to be a come out roll that will deplete your bank roll (even if you are on a so called "cold" table) if your playing without odds.
Doc
Doc
Joined: Feb 27, 2010
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 7011
April 14th, 2015 at 7:51:18 AM permalink
Quote: guitarmandp

If somebody is getting the don't pass and another player is betting the pass, how is that different than one roulette player betting black and another betting red?


Well, here is a post from last fall when I discussed a table with a mix of right-side and dark-side players with both types winning money throughout the session. (Skip to the 6th paragraph of that post to get to the story.)

I don't think you're ever going to get that kind of outcome with half the roulette table playing red and the other half playing black.
darthvader
darthvader
Joined: Jul 7, 2012
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 224
April 15th, 2015 at 6:31:47 AM permalink
Quote: Doc

Well, here is a post from last fall when I discussed a table with a mix of right-side and dark-side players with both types winning money throughout the session. (Skip to the 6th paragraph of that post to get to the story.)

I don't think you're ever going to get that kind of outcome with half the roulette table playing red and the other half playing black.



That is partially why I play the DC instead of the DP. Great when the stars align....

Darth Vader
7-out, line away, pay the don't. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esEcwAWi6dk
Joeman
Joeman
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1767
April 15th, 2015 at 7:22:17 AM permalink
Quote: darthvader

Great when the stars align....


Indeed! I usually play the Do's, but when the mood strikes, I'll switch to the Dont's. I love it when the shooter comes out with a 7-winner and I have DC money behind! It's the only time I feel I can openly cheer when playing the darkside! Everybody wins!*

Well, except for the Come bettors. But they at least get their odds back, so it is like a win! ;)
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"

  • Jump to: