odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 300
April 2nd, 2015 at 4:59:34 AM permalink
Don't, I said! LOL

the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
ncfatcat
ncfatcat
  • Threads: 2
April 2nd, 2015 at 7:19:06 AM permalink
I was playing craps at Belterra in Vevay, Indiana. I started playing the dark side and lost 3 in a row before making a don't. The next guy rolling was an older gentleman next to me who looked very happy and healthy. I said to him "what the heck I'm rolling with you. Started playing pass/odds/come/odds. He, I and the two guys after me went on a tremendous heater. It's easy to love craps when the off and on train gets going on the come bets 8o)
Gambling is a metaphor for life. Hang around long enough and it's all gone.
guitarmandp
guitarmandp
  • Threads: 41
June 9th, 2015 at 3:18:06 AM permalink
Quote: NokTang

What I've learned over the years is that no matter if you are a do or don't player, you must not be afraid to jump on a streak. You won't make money with flat bets do/don't. Odds come into play as well, start with single odds, then go upwards if you are streaking. The biggest (in my experience) mistake is not taking advantage of a streak, hot or cold.

Bumping this thread. I got crushed on the don'ts last night. I was tempted multiple times to switch. To me a streak is one side winning 6 times in a row. The way the table worked was 2 or 3 consecutive shooters would make a point, and then the next shooter would go out, followed by 2 or 3 conseuctive shooters making a point, followed by the next shooter going out. There was no streak IMO, just there were more shooters making their point than not making their point. It should be noted that I'm only paying attention to the first point as I wait for a new shooter if the current shooter makes a point. For me to switch I would have probably used the same strategy of betting on a shooter and then if/when he makes his point you wait for the next shooter.
NYSith
NYSith
  • Threads: 0
June 11th, 2015 at 6:43:11 PM permalink
Quote: guitarmandp

Bumping this thread. I got crushed on the don'ts last night. I was tempted multiple times to switch. To me a streak is one side winning 6 times in a row. The way the table worked was 2 or 3 consecutive shooters would make a point, and then the next shooter would go out, followed by 2 or 3 conseuctive shooters making a point, followed by the next shooter going out. There was no streak IMO, just there were more shooters making their point than not making their point. It should be noted that I'm only paying attention to the first point as I wait for a new shooter if the current shooter makes a point. For me to switch I would have probably used the same strategy of betting on a shooter and then if/when he makes his point you wait for the next shooter.

guitarmandp,

I always play the don'ts and refuse to switch whether its hot or not. If it's too hot, I'll step away from the table or just watch for a while and drop a lay bet here and there. I've been on a table before where I was doing well and the right bettors were taking a basting and some of them would switch up and bet the darkside. Suddenly it warmed up and they were still losing. My opinion, it's just better to hold fast and stick to one side.
guitarmandp
guitarmandp
  • Threads: 41
June 12th, 2015 at 5:49:49 AM permalink
Today I won $400. Not a big win by any stretch but a win. I bought in for $1,500 and I was doing awesome at the beginning and then suddenly I couldnt win a bet on the donts and I was down $900 until I switched uo my strategy, what I did was I bet the passline with 15x odds on the people that had been shooting well and I bet the donts on the guys who were shooting terrible and it got me back to the point where I won. There was this one guy that was shooting from the donts and killed me when I bet the donts with him. I bet against him on the passline and I won all 6 times he shot. There was this one old guy that would 7 out immediately every time he shot so I continued to bet against him. Bottom line is that thus strategy worked for today.

Earlier this week I had two sessions where I got destroyed on the donts and it just stayed bad for the donts all night and never got better. So I'm starting to bet the pass more if I'm getting destroyed on the donts.
NYSith
NYSith
June 12th, 2015 at 4:30:32 PM permalink
Cool deal, always good to hear someone come out positive. I would have just stepped away from the table if my bankroll was being ground down while "wrong" betting. It takes a lot of patience to hang in there and grind it out on the don'ts. (Sometimes some liquid courage as well) I'm glad it worked out for you switching sides.
rudeboy99
rudeboy99
August 10th, 2015 at 2:57:13 AM permalink
Every so often, the dice will chop so badly that BOTH sides take a beating. No joke! The "right" players don't repeat often enough to realize a profit, but often enough that the Don't bettors get picked off as well...you wouldn't think such a thing would be mathematically possible, but I see it occur every so often...

• Jump to: