27 votes (87.09%)
4 votes (12.9%)

31 members have voted

Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 89
December 27th, 2012 at 10:44:35 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

You mean the 7 will not come up 1 in 6 times if it hits a puck ?

The question wasn't whether the outcome was BIASED based on the previous roll. The question was whether the outcome depended on the previous roll.

Maybe the discussion could be about how people think one thing and write another wondering why nobody can understand what they are thinking.
http://dumbass.website
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 147
December 28th, 2012 at 3:45:48 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

That's why I like A-High's experiment. If he can get his robotic arm to release the dice in the same place with the same spin and initial velocities every time, we may be able to prove or disprove dice influence once and for all.

I'm sure what I am about to say will be controversial, but I think if Ahigh or anyone else can create a device that will throw two dice in the same particular way to the same spot on a table each and every time then it will prove that dice influencing/control works. It's just basic physics. For each action there is a reaction. Throw two dice the same exact way to the same spot on the table so that they bounce the same exact way and hit the pyramids the same exact way and each and every time the dice will bounce back and come to rest the same exact way.

I have no doubt that a highly engineered machine could do this. I am damn positive that no human could, however.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 147
December 28th, 2012 at 3:58:17 AM permalink
Quote: RaleighCraps

As for the visualization, I agree for the most part that this technique is for people with control over a situation. However, I have two counters. I have used visualization a couple of times on a green when I really needed to make a putt. And it worked! But I am not a highly skilled athlete, and the other 250 times I have tried it, it did not work. So would you say visualization is effective for me at golf?

Visualization is key in many sports. I played basketball in school and our coaches spent hours with us practicing free throws because free throws were free points and we spent hours drilling not to give up free points. And one thing that was drilled into our heads was to visualize what we were doing with our arms, hands, eyes and ball to sink the basket.

I have also used visualization in target shooting, in archery, and in shooting craps.

In craps in particular I have visualized the dice leaving my fingers close together, hitting a particular point on the table with a certain velocity and arc. And it works. But that's as far as it goes.

Now, if I was a robot and I could accurately control the dice to the Nth degree then I might have something that works at a craps table.

But I think it is easier to sink a free throw target from 15 feet with a ball that needn't face a certain way or spin a certain way or enter the hoop showing a certain spot, than to throw two dice from six feet that must come to rest in a particular way.

• Jump to: