Thread Rating:

GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
February 5th, 2019 at 12:37:53 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

That's different. Yes, it's a scam by the clerks, but one that doesn't require 10K on hand, giving people cash on the spot for a million dollar ticket, or any of the other false facts around a garbage story.

That was my thought. No gas station clerk has 10k laying around to buy that ticket.

Nathan, it wouldn't take 2 years to get to 5b. Once it is at 1.5 b it will go to 2b at next draw and probably 500m each one after as every person in the country starts buying tickets
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Quadriga
Quadriga
  • Threads: 0
Thanks for this post from:
Nathan
February 6th, 2019 at 6:42:01 AM permalink
Nathan's story is mostly true. A local grocery store owner in NY city scammed a lottery winner by giving him $1K for a $1M scratch-off ticket. The suspicious winner who speak limited English returned the next day to press for more answer on the winning ticket. The owner then tried to pay $10,000 more to the winning customer, who called police rather than taking more cash.

It's not implausible for a local market owner to have a lot of cash in a safe box.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 65
Thanks for this post from:
unJon
February 6th, 2019 at 7:19:05 AM permalink
Quote: Quadriga

Nathan's story is mostly true. A local grocery store owner in NY city scammed a lottery winner by giving him $1K for a $1M scratch-off ticket. The suspicious winner who speak limited English returned the next day to press for more answer on the winning ticket. The owner then tried to pay $10,000 more to the winning customer, who called police rather than taking more cash.

It's not implausible for a local market owner to have a lot of cash in a safe box.

In my local newspaper years ago, a loyal customer at one store had won BIG money on a winning ticket. The customer had given it to the Employee there to cash it in, but the Employee was like,"You DID win big money, but we can't cash that here. You need a claim form and we don't have any claim forms right now. I would advise you to go to another Lottery Retailer to see if they can give you a claim form. The other Lottery Retailer he went to claimed the winning ticket was a LOSER. They kept the ticket.

The loyal Customer went to the store he was loyal to and told them what happened, and he was indignant. He begged them to call the police. The employee was indignant himself that someone scammed his loyal Customer. He called the police and the police showed up at the thieving Lottery Retailer's store. They found out that the Crooked Clerk had hidden the winning ticket inside of the register or something. The Clerk was arrested for attempted grand theft and the Customer got his Lottery Ticket back and his winnings.

On an interesting side note, the newspaper said he was happy to get his big winnings, but the picture of him looked miserable. I surmise he looked miserable because someone tried to scam and steal a lot of money from him. That would put a damper on most people.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D

• Jump to: