Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 65
February 4th, 2019 at 8:51:48 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

I see three options here:

1) The winner lost the ticket.

2) The winner died.

3) The winner is playing it very smart and amassing a small army of lawyers and accountants to make sure the rest of his/her life runs smoothly after becoming insanely wealthy overnight.

Your number 2 actually happened to a Lottery Winner just before he was going to cash in his winning ticket. Someone poisoned him with Cyanide. :( According to the News, no one confessed to being his Murderer. What a huge shock that no one confessed to being his Murderer, I'm being both sarcastic and serious. I'm surprised nobody said something that would inadvertently tip them off to their connection to his Murder. Often Murderers mention give themselves away by saying something that is just off like claiming they were SWIMMING in a pool in -15 in Chicago around the time of the Murder which is an obvious lie considering that the pool would have been frozen solid. Or they confess out of plain guilt. I'm being sarcastic when I mentioned that I was shocked no one confessed to being his Murderer because most people don't want to go to Prison or get the death penalty for Murder so of course they're not going to proudly sing like a canary on themselves.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
Thanks for this post from:
FTB
February 4th, 2019 at 11:25:08 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

A Clerk on the News in another State was busted after he sold a loyal Customer a winning ticket and when the Clerk scanned his winning ticket after the drawing, the Clerk said something like,"Congratulations, you won $10,000! You matched 5 winning Numbers out of 6! I can pay you now! " The unsuspecting Customer was ecstatic to be getting paid $10,000 in cash for something he bought for $1, and happily took the $10,000. He got very suspicious when that same store had a sign a few days later boasting that that the 50 million (Or whatever millions it was Lotto Ticket was sold there. IIRC, he had taken a picture of his winning ticket when he bought it "Just for fun," and when he went on his State's Lottery website, he was shocked that his Numbers matched all six winning Numbers, not only 5 as the crooked Clerk had claimed, meaning he was the winner of the 50 million dollar Lottery. He was understandingly wanting some answers and called the police who reviewed the Surveillance tape and he was found on Camera buying the winning Lottery ticket. The Crooked Clerk had STOLEN the winning ticket(Bought it at a VERY dishonest discount, $10,000 to be exact) and had cashed it in as his own to that State's Lottery office and had opted for a one time lump sum and then fled the Country with the stolen millions and to this day IIRC is not allowed to ever come back to the US. That State's Lottery decided to pay the rightful owner his millions from their own Reserve. He was happy but hurt that a Clerk he was loyal to stole millions of dollars from him.

Throwing the BS flag on this.

Convenience stores don't "conveniently" have 10K cash on hand to intercept and pay off a huge winner who might just wander in one day. All states require tickets over $600 to be claimed at the lotto office.

This didn't happen.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
February 4th, 2019 at 11:51:39 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Convenience stores don't "conveniently" have 10K cash on hand to intercept and pay off a huge winner who might just wander in one day. All states require tickets over $600 to be claimed at the lotto office.

This didn't happen.

Dateline NBC sent customers into stores in California with actual $1000 winning scratch offs , had them just hand the tickets to the clerks and say “can you see if I have any winners”. I believe they had 57 different store owners/clerks tell the customer there was no winners , and then keep the ticket and have a family member go claim the prize.
Nathan
Nathan
February 4th, 2019 at 1:05:18 PM permalink
Quote: michael99000

Dateline NBC sent customers into stores in California with actual $1000 winning scratch offs , had them just hand the tickets to the clerks and say “can you see if I have any winners”. I believe they had 57 different store owners/clerks tell the customer there was no winners , and then keep the ticket and have a family member go claim the prize.

That was the news segment that I was talking about, but I was posting from memory. I rewatched some of the segment a little while ago and the crooked Clerk switched the $500,000 big winner(He matched 5 winning numbers but didn't get the MB. ) with a winning ticket that only matched 3 numbers, worth $4. Here's how he pulled off this dastardly scam. After his terminal confirmed that his loyal customer did in fact, win, he kept looking at the terminal and the winning ticket and then told the customer he needed to go to the back for about a minute with the ticket The Customer didn't find this a red flag at all at the time and was like,"Oh. Okay." The crooked Clerk went to the back to the store with the ticket and switched the $500,000 with the lousy $4 winning ticket he already had and told the Customer,"Congratulations, here's your $4. The Customer having no idea he was just scammed, bought 4 more tickets. He happened to be on the internet randomly surfing later on when he found out that the $500, 000 winning ticket had been printed at the same store at 11:00 am that day and he was like,"Wait a minute. I bought a ticket at exactly 11:00 that day at that store. I'm very suspicious." He contacted the police or Lottery Office and whoever he contacted were able to show him on surveillance camera buying the big winning ticket. The dishonest Clerk had cashed it in for himself and was later imprisoned for grand theft and for lying to the Government. The news said that the Customer got his $500,000 and he used it to open a tool repair shop. He himself mentioned he put some in the bank for his kids.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 22
February 4th, 2019 at 1:28:01 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

This didn't happen.

The money didn't come from the store, it came from the clerk. Supposedly. Still doesn't explain why the clerk just happen to have $10,000 in cash on him. So the story probably is B.S.

If you buy a scratch off ticket, scratch it off, and have no idea whether you won or not, I have no sympathy for you if someone steals your money. That's like sitting down at a poker table, not knowing the rules, randomly betting money, and at the end saying, "So, did I win?"

"Can you see if I have any winners?" -- Yeah, tilt your head slightly downwards and look at the ticket in your hand that explicitly tells you whether you won or not, you lazy clown.
Nathan
Nathan
February 4th, 2019 at 1:52:01 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

The money didn't come from the store, it came from the clerk. Supposedly. Still doesn't explain why the clerk just happen to have $10,000 in cash on him. So the story probably is B.S.

If you buy a scratch off ticket, scratch it off, and have no idea whether you won or not, I have no sympathy for you if someone steals your money. That's like sitting down at a poker table, not knowing the rules, randomly betting money, and at the end saying, "So, did I win?"

"Can you see if I have any winners?" -- Yeah, tilt your head slightly downwards and look at the ticket in your hand that explicitly tells you whether you won or not, you lazy clown.

Not all of the bait tickets in the Dateline episode were scratch offs. At least one of them was a Cash 3 ticket. The undercover Dateline Employee had a straight ticket of like 350 and 350 was the winning number, meaning she won $500! at first the Clerk acted really excited, saying "Whoa!" and then he calmed himself down and acted really disappointed and said something like"267," is the winning number. I am sorry, but you lost. She pretended to believe him and said in a too cheery voice,(That voice that conveys,"What a lying jerk!" "Okay, thank you, have a good day!" then left. He kept the ticket. To Chris Hansen, she said in a disgusted voice,"He knew I had a winning ticket! He's disgusting!" Chris later on confronted him for lying about the winning ticket and keeping the ticket. But the Crooked Clerk didn't cash it in for himself. The crooked Clerk nervously said," All I said was "Ha!(Actually, it was "Whoa!" And I gave her back the ticket! Chris said something like,"Ha! Do you say "Ha! ," for random losing tickets?" And besides we caught you on camera putting her winning ticket behind the counter, not handing it back to her." The Crooked Clerk had a complete look of guilt on his face. Although he was not arrested since he didn't cash it in for himself, his boss did fire him(After maintaining that he did nothing wrong, which was weird as hell, LMAO! :D :/
Nathan
Nathan
February 5th, 2019 at 6:43:28 AM permalink
In the middle of eating a Cookies And Creme candy bar, I suddenly wondered if MM and PB would ever hit 5 billion. It's very possible if NO ONE hits the winning numbers for like a year or two. That would be one for the history books if a 5 billion dollar Jackpot was ever hit. :)
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 22
February 5th, 2019 at 8:08:19 AM permalink

In the middle of eating a Cookies And Creme candy bar, I suddenly wondered if MM and PB would ever hit 5 billion. It's very possible if NO ONE hits the winning numbers for like a year or two. That would be one for the history books if a 5 billion dollar Jackpot was ever hit. :)

I'm sure it will easily hit $5 billion in 20 years or so when inflation gets a hold of it.
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
February 5th, 2019 at 8:27:07 AM permalink

I would say only if the rules are changed in some way that make it more difficult to win the jackpot. Which they’ve done in the past.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
February 5th, 2019 at 11:09:47 AM permalink

That's different. Yes, it's a scam by the clerks, but one that doesn't require 10K on hand, giving people cash on the spot for a million dollar ticket, or any of the other false facts around a garbage story.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.

• Jump to: