Thread Rating:

Transcend
Transcend
  • Threads: 17
June 18th, 2014 at 3:17:40 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

How many are asking "is my state one of the bad ones?" [g] I googled and came up with this.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1528811-can-you-deduct-gambling-losses

I live in Illinois and was able to deduct my losses up to my wins last year for taxes. Federal. State you are just screwed on
Part of it went on gambling, and part of it went on women. The rest I spent foolishly. -George Raft
reserect
reserect
  • Threads: 0
September 12th, 2014 at 3:36:16 AM permalink
Not to change the subject and great win by the way but could you paste the code that you used to get that picture to display in hour blog lol!
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 312
September 12th, 2014 at 3:59:13 AM permalink
Quote: reserect

Not to change the subject and great win by the way but could you paste the code that you used to get that picture to display in hour blog lol!

when you get your window up for your post in forums, down on the right see "click here for formatting codes"

you can also hit "quote" to see what someone else did
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
VPninja
VPninja
  • Threads: 1
September 12th, 2014 at 5:44:48 AM permalink
Louisiana also automatically withholds state taxes on $1200 or above
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 312
September 12th, 2014 at 7:26:16 AM permalink
Quote: VPninja

Louisiana also automatically withholds state taxes on $1200 or above

Even if you are an out-of-state gambler no doubt. Not sure how the latter gets his money back.

this might be the best/latest list for bad states in general,

http://www.taxabletalk.com/2012/10/22/bad-states-for-gamblers/

Louisiana type problems not mentioned.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
VPninja
VPninja
  • Threads: 1
September 16th, 2014 at 5:39:22 PM permalink
When you file your taxes , submit your Louisiana generated W2G to your own state taxation office reflecting withheld taxes and they should give you a credit.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
September 16th, 2014 at 9:26:43 PM permalink
Quote: VPninja

When you file your taxes , submit your Louisiana generated W2G to your own state taxation office reflecting withheld taxes and they should give you a credit.

HA!
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4

• Jump to: