chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
April 17th, 2014 at 8:53:15 AM permalink
Quote: TheBigPaybak

That's great- especially as it sounds like your dealer took pleasure in taking your money, which I don't particularly enjoy...

Yes, he was a snotball and it was a real spy versus spy at that table. Was betting quarters so the payout was fairly large IIRC. He didn't get a tip though...:-)

Follow on to this a day or so later I arrive at 0430 and the Caribbean pit is empty of players, just one table with a dealer (not this jerk) and a pit critter standing there with long faces. Even without looking at the progressive meter I could tell from a distance it had been hit. So I walk up and ask for the details. Pit person says someone had been standing waiting on a seat. Player at third base busts out a little after midnight. Guy sits down, buys in for a hundred, and a couple hands in hits it. Around $338,000. After the normal drill they pay him, he tips the chips left from his buy-in, around $87 or so, a real Rockefeller... can't blame them for being bitter and depressed.
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
April 17th, 2014 at 11:29:01 AM permalink
Quote: chickenman

Guy sits down, buys in for a hundred, and a couple hands in hits it. Around $338,000. After the normal drill they pay him, he tips the chips left from his buy-in, around $87 or so, a real Rockefeller... can't blame them for being bitter and depressed.

Is it wrong that I find this a completely appropriate tip? Nothing wrong with dropping $87 in the box for dealing one hand. I never got why dealers feel entitled to thousands of dollars when a jackpot hits. It's nice if the winning player chooses to be extra generous, but feeling bitter over an $87 tip does not compute for me, as it was likely the largest tip from a single player in weeks.
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
April 17th, 2014 at 11:39:06 AM permalink
I don't feel it's wrong, just reporting the effect.
Jimmer
Jimmer
  • Threads: 11
April 20th, 2014 at 4:13:43 AM permalink
I once got AKQs at Harrah's Cherokee. No progressive, and I wasn't even playing any bonus bets. I won like 50 or 60 bucks.

• Jump to: