Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 434
  • Posts: 25333
February 3rd, 2021 at 5:28:51 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

Yet even when players have an edge in baccarat or roulette, the casino still loves it when players do it.



Maybe on the planet you come
from. I remember years ago I
was using a D'alem and was
winning and winning and a
pit creature demanded to
see the card I was writing on.
He even took it and showed
it to another pit jerk. Later
he came out and stood right
behind me to my left, and
just stood there. I finally left,
they really loved me winning
that day with a progression.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
TomG
TomG
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 2382
February 3rd, 2021 at 5:41:14 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Maybe on the planet you come from. I remember years ago I was using a D'alem and was winning and winning and a pit creature demanded to see the card I was writing on. He even took it and showed it to another pit jerk. Later he came out and stood right behind me to my left, and just stood there. I finally left, they really loved me winning that day with a progression.



That's just bad customer service from an employee. Like saying one time I went to McDonald's and they treated me badly, therefore McDonald's doesn't like it when people buy lunch at their restaurant.

Since you said before, "If you have an edge", would you be able to describe the edge you had over the casino during this game?
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
  • Threads: 51
  • Posts: 6392
February 3rd, 2021 at 5:47:25 PM permalink
TomG, Evenbob, Please take it to the new thread "Can Baccarat Be Beaten'

Sorry i can't move these last few posts
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 152
  • Posts: 20169
February 3rd, 2021 at 7:45:25 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

TomG, Evenbob, Please take it to the new thread "Can Baccarat Be Beaten'

Sorry i can't move these last few posts

Why do you even care where its at? Why was it split off in the first place? Did someone send emails or texts asking for it to be? This entire thread should be dumped off in with the betting systems thread under the fiction section.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 115
  • Posts: 8716
Thanks for this post from:
DeMango
February 3rd, 2021 at 7:51:55 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Why do you even care where its at? Why was it split off in the first place? Did someone send emails or texts asking for it to be? This entire thread should be dumped off in with the betting systems thread under the fiction section



Because this is the MDawg thread. The new thread is the EvenBob thread, or at least it was until it became the beating baccarat thread. MDawg has a variety of topics.... baccarat. Bitcoin. Blackjack. Stocks. Watches. Comps. .... that we talk about here. I think if we are solely talking the ease of beating baccarat a new thread is worthwhile.

When MDawg is back from his unearned suspension he can have his thread back. Good job , OnceDear!
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 152
  • Posts: 20169
February 3rd, 2021 at 7:56:08 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Because this is the MDawg thread.

I cant believe you are under the impression this is his thread anymore. He made me the star of this thread long ago. He only excises because I allow it, and I need some entertainment.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
MDawg
MDawg
Joined: Sep 27, 2018
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 4539
February 18th, 2021 at 5:19:46 PM permalink
I spoke a couple days ago at length to my old friend who is an independent host in Vegas. He wants to handle my action at a couple of properties I have not played at before.

Anyway, I recall someone on here at WOV challenging me when I mentioned the % that a Vegas casino comps based on theoretical loss. My friend, who has been in the business as a host for over twenty years, and as an independent for some ten years now, confirmed that:
-casinos comp 30 to even up to 40% of theoretical loss.
-casinos are set to comp only 10% of actual loss, although they will comp up to 15%.

We discussed how I was recently in Vegas at a major property and stayed a month in the same large suite just at that one property alone, fully RFB comp'ed, and he said that based on my theoretical of about 80K for that leg of our trip, that the comps were right in line. He mentioned how if I had been at that casino and blown out my whole line the first few days and stopped playing, that there was no way they would have comp'ed me that long.

Bottom line, a winning playing building up a high theo will almost always get comp'ed more than a losing player.

He did say, interestingly, that one of the major casinos we stayed at last trip still has on the books a general rule that they will comp a maximum of only 10% of a player's line no matter what, but that no one has ever or does ever follow this rule. Obviously.
Last edited by: MDawg on Feb 18, 2021
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 270
  • Posts: 9552
February 18th, 2021 at 6:20:33 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

I spoke a couple days ago at length to my old friend who is an independent host in Vegas. He wants to handle my action at a couple of properties I have not played at before.

Anyway, I recall someone on here at WOV challenging me when I mentioned the % that a Vegas casino comps based on theoretical loss. My friend, who has been in the business as a host for over twenty years, and as an independent for some ten years now, confirmed that:
-casinos comp 30 to even up to 40% of theoretical loss.
-casinos are set to comp only 10% of actual loss, although they will comp up to 15%.

We discussed how I was recently in Vegas at a major property and stayed a month in the same large suite just at that one property alone, fully RFB comp'ed, and he said that based on my theoretical of about 80K for that leg of our trip, that the comps were right in line. He mentioned how if I had been at that casino and blown out my whole line the first few days and stopped playing, that there was no way they would have comp'ed me that long.

Bottom line, a winning playing building up a high theo will almost always get comp'ed more than a losing player.

He did say, interestingly, that one of the major casinos we stayed at last trip still has on the books a general rule that they will comp a maximum of only 10% of a player's line no matter what, but that no one has ever or does ever follow this rule. Obviously.



It's a good thing there are hosts like that in the gambling world.

Comp AP's would have a lot harder time beating them if they actually knew what they were talking about
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
MDawg
MDawg
Joined: Sep 27, 2018
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 4539
February 18th, 2021 at 6:29:24 PM permalink
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 270
  • Posts: 9552
February 18th, 2021 at 6:46:27 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg



That was the dinner your host comped?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee

  • Jump to: