Bmayo319
Bmayo319
Joined: Feb 23, 2014
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 42
March 10th, 2014 at 1:59:43 AM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

It busts out every time, unless you quit early.




Not quite- even with no early quit parameters it will bust out fairly rarely. You are a maths expert, you should know that.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
March 10th, 2014 at 2:28:44 AM permalink
Quote: Bmayo319

Not quite- even with no early quit parameters it will bust out fairly rarely. You are a maths expert, you should know that.



If you play long enough, you eventually bust out with probability 1. This is true regardless of betting strategy, for any finite bankroll, for any minimum bet > 0, for any game with expectation less than or equal to 0.
Bmayo319
Bmayo319
Joined: Feb 23, 2014
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 42
March 10th, 2014 at 2:32:36 AM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

If you play long enough, you eventually bust out with probability 1.




Yep no debating that
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
March 10th, 2014 at 2:35:45 AM permalink
Quote: Bmayo319

Yep no debating that



Ok, what do you mean by "bust out" then?

The only way that you can avoid losing everything is to quit before that happens. So, what are your quitting parameters?
Bmayo319
Bmayo319
Joined: Feb 23, 2014
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 42
March 10th, 2014 at 2:49:16 AM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

So, what are your quitting parameters?



I restart progression if I lose my 3rd 8 unit bet, this is what I was meaning by busting.
I will usually finish session if 3-5 units infront and re set progression at end of shoe.
Alembert
Alembert
Joined: Jan 14, 2013
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 57
March 10th, 2014 at 5:48:45 AM permalink
I often use a variation of the progression you have described. I have found the key, for me, to making a little profit is to start my progression at a point greater than one unit. Also, clearly defined stopping points are an absolute necessity.

EX.
bet 5 w +5
bet 4 l -4 (+1)
bet 5 l -5 (-4)
bet 6 w +6 (+2)
bet 5 w +5 (+7)
bet 4 w +4 (+11)
bet 3 l -3 (+8)

Stop when you win 1 unit bet or profit = 20 units
Walkinshaw30t
Walkinshaw30t
Joined: Apr 11, 2013
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 91
March 10th, 2014 at 6:21:26 AM permalink
Quote: Alembert

I often use a variation of the progression you have described. I have found the key, for me, to making a little profit is to start my progression at a point greater than one unit. Also, clearly defined stopping points are an absolute necessity.



Yes I agree these points are important in this style of play
Time will tell

  • Jump to: