heather
heather
Joined: Jun 12, 2011
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 437
July 19th, 2012 at 11:09:47 AM permalink
Quote: 24Bingo

It's not a betting system. The whole point of a betting system is that the bets aren't based on return.



I guess that does make sense. I just wondered since a lot of the garbage Baccarat systems claim to involve some form of counting.

Thanks!
JyBrd0403
JyBrd0403
Joined: Jan 25, 2010
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 548
August 7th, 2012 at 11:51:18 AM permalink
One last stab at cleaning up this sloppy thread before going to yahoo answers. But, you do realize when you skip 1 unit after each win the system will produce a profit, as well as keep the bankroll down. I made a mistake in the previous posts and said the progression would be 60%, it's more like 75%. See, there's no question the game wins. The only question is the starting bankroll required for the number of trials to be played. $100 million for 10 thousand trials would do the trick. GET IT?
JyBrd0403
JyBrd0403
Joined: Jan 25, 2010
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 548
August 7th, 2012 at 11:51:36 AM permalink
One last stab at cleaning up this sloppy thread before going to yahoo answers. But, you do realize when you skip 1 unit after each win the system will produce a profit, as well as keep the bankroll down. I made a mistake in the previous posts and said the progression would be 60%, it's more like 75%. See, there's no question the game wins. The only question is the starting bankroll required for the number of trials to be played. $100 million for 10 thousand trials would do the trick. GET IT?
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
Joined: Mar 8, 2011
  • Threads: 112
  • Posts: 5328
August 7th, 2012 at 11:54:23 AM permalink
$100 million

Gee, why6 didn't I think of that ?
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
Joined: Feb 8, 2011
  • Threads: 110
  • Posts: 1609
August 7th, 2012 at 2:12:38 PM permalink
Quote: JyBrd0403

But, you do realize when you skip 1 unit after each win the system will produce a profit, as well as keep the bankroll down.

Sweetheart, did you read what the Wizard has to say about betting systems? Whether you read his info on it or just simiply use a calculator you'll find out that your math is flawed. Unless there is luck and PURELY luck involved, your system will not and cannot work. If you're interested in making a profit off of gambling do like many others have done and learn how to count cards.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
Joined: Mar 8, 2011
  • Threads: 112
  • Posts: 5328
August 7th, 2012 at 2:15:50 PM permalink
I beg to differ. I borrowed $100,000,000 from a friend and in less than 2 weeks we are already $67.50 ahead !
MangoJ
MangoJ
Joined: Mar 12, 2011
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 905
August 7th, 2012 at 2:37:39 PM permalink
Nice friend - I would dump him for being careless with his money - and on the same time proving it :)
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 824
September 16th, 2014 at 7:31:43 PM permalink
Quote: JyBrd0403

I'm curious as to why these betting system challenges have regulations on bankroll amount and maximum units bet for these challenges. Everyone here is 100% certain that no game could win, even with an infinite bankroll, right. So, why the regulations? MichaelBlueJay's challenge requires a real life casino game with a table limit of $5000. In real life, if you're betting a system and you reach the table limit, wouldn't you just move to a higher limit table and place the next bet at that table?


I'm just now seeing this thread, which is why I'm so late in replying. In any event, a question about my rules would have been better directed towards me, rather than to everybody *but* me.

Anyway, one answer to the question is right there on my challenge page: all one has to do is read it. Here's an excerpt:

Quote: Bluejay's Challenge page

[Critics] are missing two things. First, I'm offering a whopping 10 to 1 odds. With such generous odds, even a system with a lousy 11% chance of beating the challenge is a good bet for the challenger (and a bad bet for me and my $30,000). Their system could lose 89% of the time in the real world but still beat my challenge. And a system that loses 89% of the time in the real world is the farthest thing from a "winning betting system". So I've got to make sure we play long enough that a challenger doesn't have even a lousy 11% chance of winning.

Next, my criteria for what constitutes a "winning system" is really soft: In the real world, a system that showed a measly $5 profit after 200,000 rounds (less than a penny an hour) would be considered a miserable failure, but that would be enough to win a test in my challenge rules. My challenge does not require the system to win a meaningful amount (say, $20 an hour); it counts even tiny, pathetic amounts as wins.


And before anyone complains that that section referred to the number of rounds and not betting limits, the point is that the answer re: betting limits is *exactly the same*.

Also, I never saiid that "no game could win, even with an infinite bankroll". Depending on how you define your terms, a system *could indeed* win with an infinite bankroll. Which is completely beside the point, because here in the real world nobody actually *has* an infinite bankroll. My goal in offering the challenge, as stated explicitly on the challenge page, isn't to evaluate systems that can't actually be played in this universe. My *actual* goal is...well, go read it. You don't have to go far, it's the very first sentence on the page. And for those who somehow didn't get it, I repeat the goal again right in the first paragraph.
wudged
wudged
Joined: Aug 7, 2013
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 998
September 17th, 2014 at 5:29:52 AM permalink
I think you have this backwards:

Quote:

In roulette, the minimum is either for a single inside bet, or the total of all outside bets.



Isn't the minimum on a roulette table for each outside bet individually, or all inside bets combined?

  • Jump to: