1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
March 23rd, 2014 at 12:49:58 PM permalink
Quote: teliot

Okay, I'll say it. You write like EvenBob. The information you cite is easily available from a Google search on "mickeycrimm." You joined yesterday, the same day that EvenBob was invited to leave by the Wizard.

Moderators? Can you check IPs? Mickey, can you verify?

Jim left a phone number on another thread so I googled it. It led me to the Blue Ghost web site. The Blue Ghosts are Vietnam vets from F troop 8th Cav. The same phone number that Jim posted here is on that site along with his full name.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
March 23rd, 2014 at 1:11:31 PM permalink

Okay, I'll say it. You write like EvenBob. The information you cite is easily available from a Google search on "mickeycrimm." You joined yesterday, the same day that EvenBob was invited to leave by the Wizard. Moderators? Can you check IPs? Mickey, can you verify?

Teliot, thanks for the concern, but everything is cool. yourfriendjim is legitimate. He's an old friend. We hadn't seen or heard from each other in 23 years. It was by accident that he found me. He googled video poker and was shocked to see my name in some of the links. He kept clicking on links until he wound up on WOV.

40 years ago Jim and I were longhair dope smoking kids in Juneau, Alaska. The old guys in Juneau called us long hairs buffalo's. Now Jim and I are the old farts calling the long hairs buffalo's. He doesn't live far away, Nampa, Idaho. We talked for a couple of hours on the phone last night. We already have plans to meet up
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
March 23rd, 2014 at 1:13:26 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Jim left a phone number on another thread so I googled it. It led me to the Blue Ghost web site. The Blue Ghosts are Vietnam vets from F troop 8th Cav. The same phone number that Jim posted here is on that site along with his full name.

Jim was a door gunner on a helicopter. After 40 years he's back in touch with those he served with. They just had a reunion in Orlando, Florida.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
March 23rd, 2014 at 1:20:38 PM permalink

One more note. In a lengthy conversation last night, Jim told me he started developing health issues about 10 years ago. I won't go into details but his health issues have been attributed to Agent Orange.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
March 23rd, 2014 at 1:33:31 PM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

One more note. In a lengthy conversation last night, Jim told me he started developing health issues about 10 years ago. I won't go into details but his health issues have been attributed to Agent Orange.

I hope he's being taken care of. It's a little easier to file a claim nowadays.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
teliot
teliot
  • Threads: 39
March 23rd, 2014 at 1:45:38 PM permalink

40 years ago Jim and I were longhair dope smoking kids in Juneau, Alaska.

Did you know Rick Iannolino when you were in Juneau by any chance with a strong interest in Native American stuff? A candle maker? Early 1970's I think.
Visit my YouTube Channel: @AdvancedAdvantagePlay
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
March 23rd, 2014 at 2:02:27 PM permalink

Did you know Rick Iannolino when you were in Juneau by any chance with a strong interest in Native American stuff? A candle maker? Early 1970's I think.

I knew some Rick's but not by that last name. If he were making Native American stuff I imagine it would be Klinget Indians of Southeast Alaska, British Columbia, Yukon. They have a fascinating history.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
March 23rd, 2014 at 2:05:03 PM permalink

I hope he's being taken care of. It's a little easier to file a claim nowadays.

He's being taken care of by the VA.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
March 23rd, 2014 at 2:56:51 PM permalink

Jim was a door gunner on a helicopter. After 40 years he's back in touch with those he served with. They just had a reunion in Orlando, Florida.

My ex-husband was a door gunner on a helicopter. And he left Vietnam 40 years ago exactly. I'm wondering if there's a relationship there. Was Jim 7th Cav? My understanding was all my husband's unit is on the Wall except him, but I could easily have misunderstood.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
March 23rd, 2014 at 3:39:43 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

My ex-husband was a door gunner on a helicopter. And he left Vietnam 40 years ago exactly. I'm wondering if there's a relationship there. Was Jim 7th Cav? My understanding was all my husband's unit is on the Wall except him, but I could easily have misunderstood.

Jim was 8th Cav. He was just out of the Army when I met him in 1974.

• Jump to: