4 votes (3.36%)
3 votes (2.52%)

119 members have voted

RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
January 29th, 2017 at 12:02:23 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

THIS is the question that Trumpsters need to be asked over and over.

They can't admit the truth (his business ties to those countries). And they haven't come up with a good excuse yet like they usually try to....

The truth is that he has business interests in those countries but that has nothing to do with the reason the seven countries were chosen.

It is great spin, though.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
Thanked by
TropicalElectriSOOPOO
January 29th, 2017 at 12:31:41 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

The truth is that he has business interests in those countries but that has nothing to do with the reason the seven countries were chosen.

You and I both know liberals would be fine with this decision if Saudi Arabia was included. They would be sitting home instead of protesting praising President Trump.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
January 29th, 2017 at 5:34:31 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

You mean our former Muslim president?

There's more evidence that Trump is a rapist than there is Obama being Muslim.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 29th, 2017 at 5:42:04 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

There's more evidence that Trump is a rapist than there is Obama being Muslim.

How do you figure. We know Obama went to
Muslim schools, had a Muslim father and
siblings, we have pics of him dressed as a
Muslim. There is zero proof Trump ever
raped anybody.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
January 29th, 2017 at 5:50:39 PM permalink

How do you figure. We know Obama went to
Muslim schools, had a Muslim father and
siblings, we have pics of him dressed as a
Muslim. There is zero proof Trump ever
raped anybody.

None of those things are factual except for the image.

Earlier in the thread many argued that the video of trump claiming he was a rapist was not real evidence, so why is the image of Muslim garb any different?
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
January 29th, 2017 at 7:01:09 PM permalink

You are saying that Obama did not attend Muslim schools. Let's see whether you can tell us just where he was educated while he spent his childhood in Indonesia, the world's most post populous Muslim country. And let's see whether you can inform us as to just what his father's religion was.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 29th, 2017 at 7:02:15 PM permalink

Obama has written in one of his books
that both his father and stepfather
were Muslim. Was he lying?

'Obama has noted in his two books, "Dreams From My Father" and "The Audacity of Hope," that he spent two years in a Muslim school and another two years in a Catholic school while living in Indonesia from age 6 to 10.'
Last edited by: EvenBob on Jan 30, 2017
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
January 29th, 2017 at 7:06:29 PM permalink
Why does that make him a Muslim and not, say, a Catholic?
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 29th, 2017 at 8:27:29 PM permalink
Quote: Dalex64

Because in Islam, the father's religion makes the child Muslim.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 29th, 2017 at 8:33:03 PM permalink

THIS is the question that Trumpsters need to be asked over and over. They can't admit the truth (his business ties to those countries). And they haven't come up with a good excuse yet like they usually try to....

Every American has a moral (and conceivably a legal) obligation to report any knowledge of jihad activities that threaten the U.S. even more than the seven listed countries. Here are the official contact points for our intelligence service, which is also available on Twitter, Facebook and other social media:

Contact CIA Headquarters:
Central Intelligence Agency
Office of Public Affairs
Washington, D.C. 20505

By Phone:
(703) 482-0623

By fax:
(571) 204-3800
Dalex64
Dalex64
January 29th, 2017 at 8:36:27 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Well if it is as simple as that, why do people think he was a "secret" Muslim?
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 29th, 2017 at 9:13:34 PM permalink

Because of his oral feeble and illogical denials combined with his refusal to release the written records, along with his and his spouse's longterm membership in Wright's "Church of Goddamn America."
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
January 29th, 2017 at 9:50:33 PM permalink

And let's see whether you can inform us as to just what his father's religion was.

His real father, Frank Marshall Davis, his religion was communism. Look it up.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
January 30th, 2017 at 1:37:22 AM permalink
Christian leaders from all around the world are denouncing Trump's favoring of Christians re immigration.

"A broad array of clergy members has strongly denounced Mr. Trump’s order as discriminatory, misguided and inhumane. Outrage has also come from some of the evangelical, Roman Catholic and mainline Protestant leaders who represent the churches most active in trying to aid persecuted Christians"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/29/us/christian-leaders-denounce-trumps-plan-to-favor-christian-immigrants.html
Please don't feed the trolls
Dalex64
Dalex64
January 30th, 2017 at 5:38:18 AM permalink

Because of his oral feeble and illogical denials combined with his refusal to release the written records, along with his and his spouse's longterm membership in Wright's "Church of Goddamn America."

What written records is he obligated to release related to this?

Is it like taxes, which is tradition but not required?

Are you saying that Wright's Christian Baptist Church is secretly a Muslim church?
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
January 30th, 2017 at 6:22:11 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

I'm old enough to remember the days when RonC didn't defend Donald at every turn.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 30th, 2017 at 8:22:57 AM permalink

What written records is he obligated to release related to this?

Is it like taxes, which is tradition but not required?

Are you saying that Wright's Christian Baptist Church is secretly a Muslim church?

It is more than highly ill mannered to try and put your ideas in other people's mouths.

1, No one ever said anything about obligations to release records.

2. No one ever implied anything about Wright's church. The racist lunatic himself preached and practiced anti-Americanism for decades for folks like the Obamas.

And if you have the information about the controversies about Wright and Obama's inheritance and childhood, then you would not have to ask, "Why do people think he was a "secret" Muslim?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 30th, 2017 at 8:44:43 AM permalink

"Why do people think he was a "secret" Muslim?"

His almost last act in office was to
try and sneak 220mil to his best
buds, the Palestinians. Luckily it
got frozen by congress before
the funds were released. The
war on terror might go better
now that the president isn't
trying to help the terrorists every
chance he gets.
Boz
Boz
January 30th, 2017 at 8:47:49 AM permalink
I find it funny how so many liberals have stated how they love and use Uber instead of cabs are now turning on Uber and want to support the cabs drivers. Typical liberal thought process, you don't agree with us, we punish you. No concern for the people who actually are working Uber as a 2nd job trying to make a living. Only the "we will show you what happens if you don't follow our agenda" nonsense.

I encourage anyone who wants to see what at least some of the left is all about to just read a few comments on the Huffington Post on any posting. It is honestly scary that these people are members of our society, and worse, perhaps our neighbors. The hate coming from them has to be worrisome to anyone with an open mind on either side.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
Thanked by
RS
January 30th, 2017 at 8:54:36 AM permalink
Market efficiency is cold and heartless. As it should be.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
January 30th, 2017 at 9:00:15 AM permalink
What the heck even happened with this whole JFK / Uber / Lyft / Taxi thing?

Uber turned off surge pricing to JFK....and there was some sorta protest there apparently? This whole thing seems pretty wonky.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 30th, 2017 at 9:00:16 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

It is honestly scary that these people are members of our society, and worse, perhaps our neighbors. The hate coming from them has to be worrisome to anyone with an open mind on either side.

Look what happened this weekend. Thousands
descended on airports to protest something
that wasn't even happening. Nobody was
getting deported, just detained. They were
let go once they were vetted, that was the
point. But the media had them worked up
into a frothing at the mouth mob, it was
entertaining to watch. Armies of lawyers
showed up to see that nobody was water
boarded or called any bad names. Judges
were issuing meaningless decree's. All for
naught.
Dalex64
Dalex64
January 30th, 2017 at 9:19:40 AM permalink

It is more than highly ill mannered to try and put your ideas in other people's mouths.

1, No one ever said anything about obligations to release records.

2. No one ever implied anything about Wright's church. The racist lunatic himself preached and practiced anti-Americanism for decades for folks like the Obamas.

And if you have the information about the controversies about Wright and Obama's inheritance and childhood, then you would not have to ask, "Why do people think he was a "secret" Muslim?"

I'm trying to understand your logic.

Obama was a secret Muslim because his father was a Muslim, and he and his wife belonged to some anti-american christian church.

My point is - you are not a Muslim because your father is a Muslim, any more than you are catholic because your parents are catholic. While you might gain automatic membership without having to take classes or convert, that does not make you a practicing member of the religion or an automatic follower of their beliefs.

You are also not a Muslim because you are anti-american, associate with anti-americans, or are communist, etc.

He claims he is christian by choice. All claims to the contrary are to this point unsubstantiated rumors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_religion_conspiracy_theories#Claims_that_Obama_secretly_practices_Islam
Boz
Boz
January 30th, 2017 at 9:26:39 AM permalink
Quote: RS

What the heck even happened with this whole JFK / Uber / Lyft / Taxi thing?

Uber turned off surge pricing to JFK....and there was some sorta protest there apparently? This whole thing seems pretty wonky.

https://www.yahoo.com/style/nyc-cab-drivers-strike-protest-193008007.html

Here is one story on it. Again typical liberal expectation that the world stops for them. Regardless that many just wanted to get to/ from the airport, they should change their plans because the liberal cause is more important than leading your life.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 30th, 2017 at 9:47:23 AM permalink

I'm trying to understand your logic.

Obama was a secret Muslim because his father was a Muslim, and he and his wife belonged to some anti-american christian church.

My point is - you are not a Muslim because your father is a Muslim, any more than you are catholic because your parents are catholic. While you might gain automatic membership without having to take classes or convert, that does not make you a practicing member of the religion or an automatic follower of their beliefs.

You are also not a Muslim because you are anti-american, associate with anti-americans, or are communist, etc.

He claims he is christian by choice. All claims to the contrary are to this point unsubstantiated rumors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_religion_conspiracy_theories#Claims_that_Obama_secretly_practices_Islam

I would appreciate it if you stopped putting your words in my mouth.

I never said Obama was a Muslim. I was answering your question why people thought he was. If you cannot tell the difference between the two propositions, you may not be able to discuss the issue with much effect.
Dalex64
Dalex64
January 30th, 2017 at 10:44:10 AM permalink

I would appreciate it if you stopped putting your words in my mouth.

I never said Obama was a Muslim. I was answering your question why people thought he was. If you cannot tell the difference between the two propositions, you may not be able to discuss the issue with much effect.

Ok, let's review.

Obama has written in one of his books
that both his father and stepfather
were Muslim. Was he lying?

'Obama has noted in his two books, "Dreams From My Father" and "The Audacity of Hope," that he spent two years in a Muslim school and another two years in a Catholic school while living in Indonesia from age 6 to 10.'

To me, that is you adopting the position that Obama is a Muslim.

Please stop resorting to insults about my ability to discuss the issue.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 30th, 2017 at 10:58:10 AM permalink

If your father was Muslim, you are Muslim. If
your mother was a Jew, you are a Jew. If those
two are married, you're truly lost.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
January 30th, 2017 at 11:06:55 AM permalink

He doesn't have to be proven a muslim, because his bias towards muslims is obvious and out in the open. Pro-muslim, anti-Christian, anti-American, running around the globe apologizing for everything American, treats Israel like crap, best buddies with SDS and Weathermen whacko terrorists traitors. Who needs to prove he's a muslim? The rest is bad enough. What's incredible is that Americans voted for him twice, and many would have voted for him a third time. I would say Americans deserve to lose their freedom, because they're stupid enough to vote for a guy like this, twice. There's only one problem with that scenario. *I* still live here. If we lose our freedom liberals will deserve everything they get.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 30th, 2017 at 11:11:22 AM permalink

If your father was Muslim, you are Muslim. If
your mother was a Jew, you are a Jew. ....

And if your best buddy was Bill Ayers....
ams288
ams288
January 30th, 2017 at 2:18:30 PM permalink
There is an interesting Twitter account:

@RoguePOTUSStaff

Claims to be people who work in the White House very close to Donald, leaking all sorts of juicy gossip.

Of course, people are claiming it's a fake. And it very well could be. But it's an entertaining read if nothing else.

Here's what they claim about who Donald will nominate for the Supreme Court:

Quote:

#UnholyTrinity back Gorsuch for SCOTUS. Had POTUS convinced. But POTUS swaying back to Hardiman for spite, despite look of more nepotism.

Unholy Trinity references to Pence, Ryan, and Preibus. Guess we will find out tomorrow night how accurate that is...
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
January 30th, 2017 at 6:59:49 PM permalink
Trump reveals another unappealing trait. He's one of those guys who doesn't think he has to comply with anything he doesn't feel like it, but he fired his AG in the blink of an eye for non-compliance.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 30th, 2017 at 8:52:49 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Trump reveals another unappealing trait. He's one of those guys who doesn't think he has to comply with anything he doesn't feel like it, but he fired his AG in the blink of an eye for non-compliance.

Retaining employees who refuse to do the work that the supervisor requests may be appealing to some people.

Besides, Yates was not "his AG." but a holdover who was only the nominal head of the Justice Department because of the Democrats' inordinate delays in confirming the attorney general-designate.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 30th, 2017 at 9:58:06 PM permalink

he fired his AG in the blink of an eye for non-compliance.

Ever been an employer and had an employee
disobey a direct order? I have. You're fired
and get out can be a fun thing to say. And
sure perks up the rest of the staff..
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
January 30th, 2017 at 10:51:07 PM permalink
This is the right time for the "young guns" of the Democratic party to make their political bones opposing Trump.

Out of the ashes of this political clusterf*^k there may arise, phoenix-like, a new Democratic candidate for POTUS for 2020.

Carpe diem.
"What, me worry?"
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
January 30th, 2017 at 11:06:01 PM permalink
Women are marching and supporting people that believe a woman is less than half a man. Astounding hypocrisy.

Didn't Obama bomb something like 5 out of 7 of those countries on the Trump list.

If it was only about their religion. Why didn't Indonesia make the list? I think they have the highest number of Muslims.

Do you really want someone who finds it fine to have a chai boy sitting next to you at a movie theatre?

These people are not compatible with western civilization as you know it. I really think some of you should get out of your sheltered worlds. It is obvious that you have limited real world life experience and blatant that we have a very limited number of vets in the house.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
January 31st, 2017 at 1:07:55 AM permalink

Retaining employees who refuse to do the work that the supervisor requests may be appealing to some people.

So, why do you think Trump is a dumbass then?

People who imply something I didn't say get the same in return.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
  • Threads: 31
January 31st, 2017 at 4:10:00 AM permalink
This following message was posted in response the inheritance tax discussion in the Inheritance Tax thread started by SooPoop. I'm reposting it here per request of RS, who is a very proud supporter of the racist, sexist and rapist Trump.

The society provides a platform for us to excel, and our success depends greatly on the stability of the government and the society. And how mush does it cost to keep the government running smoothly so that we all can enjoy a stable and law & order society? I don't have that answer, but one important fact that I know is the cost that keep our government running around the clock has resulted in trillion$ of national debt, and this debt will get bigger and bigger everyday. And for this reason, it is reasonable for the society to claim a large piece of the pie in our wealth after our death.

You can thank god, your spouse, your children, and your other relatives for your success. But without the stability of the government, you and the racist, sexist, and rapist Trump would probably be dirt poor by now. And in speaking of the racist, sexist, and rapist Trump, if there is no government regulation in dissolving debts in bankruptcy, Trump most likely be a homeless person and he would not have to worry about the inheritance tax issue.

Your house if paid off, the street is paid off, the government offices, military bases, airport, seaport... are all is paid off. So what? The cost that keep the society running around the clock has resulted in a gigantic national debt to the tune of trillion$. How can we payoff this debt? Where can a minimum wage worker find million$ to make contribution to help payoff the nation debt?

Edit to correct spelling: should be SooPoo.
RS
RS
January 31st, 2017 at 4:18:45 AM permalink
Quote: 777

This following message was posted in response the inheritance tax discussion in the Inheritance Tax thread started by SooPoop. I'm reposting it here per request of RS, who is a very proud supporter of the racist, sexist and rapist Trump.

The society provides a platform for us to excel, and our success depends greatly on the stability of the government and the society. And how mush does it cost to keep the government running smoothly so that we all can enjoy a stable and law & order society? I don't have that answer, but one important fact that I know is the cost that keep our government running around the clock has resulted in trillion$ of national debt, and this debt will get bigger and bigger everyday. And for this reason, it is reasonable for the society to claim a large piece of the pie in our wealth after our death.

You can thank god, your spouse, your children, and your other relatives for your success. But without the stability of the government, you and the racist, sexist, and rapist Trump would probably be dirt poor by now. And in speaking of the racist, sexist, and rapist Trump, if there is no government regulation in dissolving debts in bankruptcy, Trump most likely be a homeless person and he would not have to worry about the inheritance tax issue.

Your house if paid off, the street is paid off, the government offices, military bases, airport, seaport... are all is paid off. So what? The cost that keep the society running around the clock has resulted in a gigantic national debt to the tune of trillion$. How can we payoff this debt? Where can a minimum wage worker find million$ to make contribution to help payoff the nation debt?

Edit to correct spelling: should be SooPoo.

ams288
ams288
January 31st, 2017 at 6:36:30 AM permalink

The President is not the AG's supervisor.

The AG's duty is to enforce the Constitution, not some bloated Orange man's unconstitutional campaign promises.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
January 31st, 2017 at 7:01:07 AM permalink

Perhaps not, but he/she does server at the pleasure of the President. As we have just seen.

The AG's duty is to enforce the Constitution, not some bloated Orange man's unconstitutional campaign promises.

I do not believe this EO is unconstitutional, can you tell me why you think it is?
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 31st, 2017 at 7:44:13 AM permalink

A basic foundation of the executive branch for more than 200 years has been that all cabinet members "serve at the pleasure of the president." That is why all cabinet-level employees submit their resignations when they start their jobs.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 31st, 2017 at 7:56:17 AM permalink

So, why do you think Trump is a dumbass then?

The dumbasses on this issue are those who do not know about or understand the longstanding and clear statutes and judicial decisions, the past practices of many chief executives and straightforward campaign promises.
Boz
Boz
January 31st, 2017 at 8:00:08 AM permalink

The dumbasses on this issue are those who do not know about or understand the longstanding and clear statutes and judicial decisions, the past practices of many chief executives and straightforward campaign promises.

Trump could cure cancer and the left would still hate him simply because he threatens their view of the world and the country. Many will never accept that most Americans are not helpless and do just fine without the government in their way. But getting people away from being dependent on government doesn't help them win elections.
ams288
ams288
January 31st, 2017 at 8:27:01 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Trump could cure cancer and the left would still hate him simply because he threatens their view of the world and the country.

This is incorrect.

We hate him for a whole variety of reasons. Racism, misogyny, fascism, stubbornness, etc.

We do not feel threatened by him. He did not win in a "landslide" as righties often pretend. He lost by 3 million votes. He is a minority President. He has no mandate.

He is a clown. He is a walking joke. He is hated by more than just liberals. Just look at his approval ratings. He is a total disaster and it's only been a week and a half.
RS
RS
January 31st, 2017 at 8:37:56 AM permalink

This is incorrect.

You're wrong.

We hate him for a whole variety of reasons. Racism, misogyny, fascism, stubbornness, etc.

Too bad none of y'all have been able to prove it (with no evidence to support it).

We do not feel threatened by him. He did not win in a "landslide" as righties often pretend. He lost by 3 million votes. He is a minority President. He has no mandate.

You absolutely feel threatened by him. The rest is also false. There were actually 538 votes cast. Trump won by 74 votes. By definition, he does have mandate.

He is a clown. He is a walking joke. He is hated by more than just liberals. Just look at his approval ratings. He is a total disaster and it's only been a week and a half.

The liberals keep at it, spewing this nonsense. But, they've been wrong all along. So who knows?
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
January 31st, 2017 at 9:07:10 AM permalink

If he was a Muslim, attending a Christian Church would be considered an apostasy. Apostasy is a crime punishable by death in some Muslim countries. For a Muslim to attend a Christian Church is totally unacceptable within the Muslim culture. It is totally incomprehensible to me that some Christians, the holier than thou variety, will often claim that others claiming to be Christians are not really Christians. They claim that they and they alone are the true arbiters of who is actually a Christian. The Catholics used to claim that you could not go to Heaven unless you are Catholic. I have often seen Christians point to other Christians and say that they are not really Christians. If someone says to me that they are Christian, I don't question that. It's not my place to question it. To do so is to put yourself above that person who you are questioning.
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Jan 31, 2017
Please don't feed the trolls
ams288
ams288
January 31st, 2017 at 10:01:59 AM permalink

You absolutely feel threatened by him. The rest is also false.

This is the trap righties always fall into: they ascribe how they *think* liberals should to how liberals actually feel. And they're always dead wrong.

Liberals don't feel threatened by Donald.

Maybe if he was actually popular and his first 10 days weren't such a clusterf- we'd feel threatened. But alas, he's hated by the majority of the country and he's got Congressional Republicans hanging up on their constituents when they call to bitch about what he's up to.
ams288
ams288
January 31st, 2017 at 10:09:16 AM permalink

There were actually 538 votes cast. Trump won by 74 votes. By definition, he does have mandate.

This is nonsense.

By definition, you cannot lose the popular vote (by nearly 3 million!) and have a mandate. That's just common sense.
Boz
Boz
January 31st, 2017 at 10:23:01 AM permalink

This is nonsense.

By definition, you cannot lose the popular vote (by nearly 3 million!) and have a mandate. That's just common sense.

Add in the House and Senate and there is a mandate, no different than 2009. How the GOP uses these 2 years will determine if the American people agree with it.
Dalex64
Dalex64
January 31st, 2017 at 10:25:02 AM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

I do not believe this EO is unconstitutional, can you tell me why you think it is?

This is a distilled and paraphrased opinion of why some people might think the EO is unconstitutional. I am not going to argue for or against any of this stuff, I'm just telling you what I heard.

Rudy Giuliani apparently said that Trump told him or them to craft them a Muslim ban in a way that wasn't unconstitutional.

They came up with that which he signed.

So while the order itself, taken by itself, might not be unconstitutional, apparently they can also look at the intent of an order to determine if it is constitutional, and if Giuliani is to be believed, the intent was an unconstitutional Muslim ban.

Other people might think it is unconstitutional for other reasons, but that is one reason I heard.
  • Jump to: