Thread Rating:

gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
January 28th, 2024 at 4:53:00 PM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

I love how the company line for anytime anyone is upset because of ridiculous moderation or in this case allowing a person who not only called a friend of ours a cu*t and continued to bad mouth BBB for years afterwards being allowed back is see yourself out. No wonder this site has gone to crap over the years. It really is sad how far it’s fallen from when I joined. Most contributing memebers are gone and we are left with the sock puppets and system betters like EB and dog.
link to original post

This is why I have blocked most active threads and spend less than 5 minutes a day on this site. The original point of this site I thought was to make people smarter gamblers but now it’s a system site with no math involved and all the real APs have left.
link to original post

You and a significant number of APs left WOV because of a decision by moderators to allow DarkOz to publicly reveal his AP move (multicarding) without being nuked. Isn't that correct? When was that? That was well before Dieter and I became mods. Who were the mods back then? Wasn't it BBB? and maybe OD? So, when I now give a 'no bullying' warning to OD, you somehow torture the facts and used that as a reason to condemn "the moderators" for ridiculous moderation that drives people away. Why don't you name the moderators you think have ruined the forum? Was it Face? Mission? BBB? OD? Dieter? Gordon? Wizard? Wouldn't it be appropriate to man up and be clear?

BTW, it is an inevitable aspect of being a moderator that when we take action against personal insults and bullying/trolling we are often perceived as defending the least popular members of the forum. People don't tend to bully and insult PokerGrinder or Miplet or Soopoo, so we are rarely perceived as "defending" you. But fundamentally our moderator actions should be hinged on being against objectionable behavior, not on picking favorites.

This entire discussion would more appropriately be conducted in the Discussion of the Suspension List thread.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
January 28th, 2024 at 5:05:21 PM permalink
Nathan's Corner has its place. So do PokerGrinder's travel threads. The Adventures of MDawg. And everything else.

Quote: Wizard

To those who don't like it, let me make a radical suggestion -- don't read it.

I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
January 28th, 2024 at 5:11:09 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Quote: MrV

What are you talking about? what has KewlJ debunked? least of all anything to do with MDawg, and if he has debunked anything, please point to exactly where he has done so.

Methinks the dawg doth protest too much.

You know fully damned well that he's exposed your brags and claims as being beyond unlikely; as most of it was done on another board I cannot and will not bother to link to it.

Yeah, you're rattled...why else would you continue to attempt to discredit him?
link to original post

So you've gone from "debunked" to "beyond unlikely."

And you felt the need to act as an effective sock puppet for a banned member to say this...why? You couldn't have just said "your claims are beyond unlikely" yourself?

And again, no one, not KewlJ not anyone, has "exposed" a single untruth about me, because there is nothing untruthful to expose.

You're always free to take up The MDawg Challenge or any one of the other challenges I have proposed over the years. I could repeat all the proof I've posted over the years, more proof than anyone else in the history of the gambling internet as far as I know, but I don't have a need to do that every day, and keep repeating myself, unlike some people.
link to original post

MrV is currently suspended.
Trying to incite an argument with someone who cannot speak to defend themselves is - at best - in poor taste.
At worst, some enthusiastic moderator is going to call it violation of Rules 12, 7, and 0 (moderator discretion).

Stay classy.
May the cards fall in your favor.
MDawg
MDawg
January 28th, 2024 at 5:13:47 PM permalink
I didn't realize he was already gone.

Things happen fast around here sometimes!
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
January 28th, 2024 at 5:20:00 PM permalink
Had I known BBB would react as she did, I wouldn't have let Karen back, out of respect to BBB. Again, my defense is she said "Do what you want." I admit I'm lousy at things like picking up sarcasm and tone, especially with women. To me "do what you want" means "I don't care -- it's your call."

As to complaints about the moderation, I apologize for nothing for accept responsibility for everything. My message to the constant complainers is nobody is asking you stick around. Consider there to be a bright red "exit" sign above the door. It's on springs, so don't let it hit you in the *** on the way out.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
Thanked by
Calder
January 28th, 2024 at 6:10:43 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

I love how the company line for anytime anyone is upset because of ridiculous moderation or in this case allowing a person who not only called a friend of ours a cu*t and continued to bad mouth BBB for years afterwards being allowed back is see yourself out. No wonder this site has gone to crap over the years. It really is sad how far it’s fallen from when I joined. Most contributing memebers are gone and we are left with the sock puppets and system betters like EB and dog.
link to original post

This is why I have blocked most active threads and spend less than 5 minutes a day on this site. The original point of this site I thought was to make people smarter gamblers but now it’s a system site with no math involved and all the real APs have left.
link to original post

You and a significant number of APs left WOV because of a decision by moderators to allow DarkOz to publicly reveal his AP move (multicarding) without being nuked. Isn't that correct? When was that? That was well before Dieter and I became mods. Who were the mods back then? Wasn't it BBB? and maybe OD? So, when I now give a 'no bullying' warning to OD, you somehow torture the facts and used that as a reason to condemn "the moderators" for ridiculous moderation that drives people away. Why don't you name the moderators you think have ruined the forum? Was it Face? Mission? BBB? OD? Dieter? Gordon? Wizard? Wouldn't it be appropriate to man up and be clear?

BTW, it is an inevitable aspect of being a moderator that when we take action against personal insults and bullying/trolling we are often perceived as defending the least popular members of the forum. People don't tend to bully and insult PokerGrinder or Miplet or Soopoo, so we are rarely perceived as "defending" you. But fundamentally our moderator actions should be hinged on being against objectionable behavior, not on picking favorites.

This entire discussion would more appropriately be conducted in the Discussion of the Suspension List thread.
link to original post

My problems aren’t with you or any of the mods in particular. I don’t like how the rules have changed over the years and certain people like Nathan and dawg are allowed to spout their nonsense which drives away any real gambling conversation. I personally didn’t leave over the darkoz thing, I left because the forum became what it is now which is not math oriented. It’s about tales and stories that are untrue.
Last edited by: PokerGrinder on Jan 28, 2024
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
January 28th, 2024 at 6:12:30 PM permalink

Had I known BBB would react as she did, I wouldn't have let Karen back, out of respect to BBB. Again, my defense is she said "Do what you want." I admit I'm lousy at things like picking up sarcasm and tone, especially with women. To me "do what you want" means "I don't care -- it's your call."

As to complaints about the moderation, I apologize for nothing for accept responsibility for everything. My message to the constant complainers is nobody is asking you stick around. Consider there to be a bright red "exit" sign above the door. It's on springs, so don't let it hit you in the *** on the way out.
link to original post

I respect you Mike but this constant, my house get out is part of the reason the forum is what it is today.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
MDawg
MDawg
January 28th, 2024 at 7:22:00 PM permalink
Forums in general have lost a lot of traffic and focus to other forms of social media. Your trying to "figure it out" or assign blame here or there, doesn't seem to be working. 😅

People have tried to relate to you on some empathic level but you're just not having it! Like Wizard said, if you want to leave, leave.
linksjunkie
linksjunkie
  • Threads: 11
January 28th, 2024 at 7:26:12 PM permalink
Amen brother.

(In reference to PG not DEPUTY DAWG)
Son you ain’t paying attention I’m cutting you but you ain’t bleeding - Foghorn Leghorn
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Thanked by
teliot
January 28th, 2024 at 8:35:10 PM permalink

Forums in general have lost a lot of traffic and focus to other forms of social media. Your trying to "figure it out" or assign blame here or there, doesn't seem to be working. 😅

People have tried to relate to you on some empathic level but you're just not having it! Like Wizard said, if you want to leave, leave.
link to original post

You are literally the worst part of this forum and it’s not close. But thanks for your 2 cents that nobody ever asks for but you always offer up.
MDawg
MDawg
January 28th, 2024 at 8:56:37 PM permalink
Flattery will get you nowhere.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Thanked by
Nathan
January 28th, 2024 at 11:06:38 PM permalink

You are literally the worst part of this forum and it’s not close. But thanks for your 2 cents that nobody ever asks for but you always offer up.
link to original post

3 days.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
January 29th, 2024 at 2:46:17 AM permalink

link to original post

As to picking up tone, "do what you want" means she had already made her decision. IOW, it did mean "I don't care" but because she had already decided she was done with things here. Reality is she quit as an active member in 2020. People's lives move on.

IMHO the current moderation is better than the HOA style of a few years back. Of course I came up under USENET where things could get a lot worse.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
Thanked by
SOOPOO
January 29th, 2024 at 3:55:48 AM permalink
Why is there a Nathan’s Corner? One member is singled out and becomes a focal point. If said member has promised to act as a responsible member of the community, then the carving out of a separate space would seem unnecessary, no?
A falling knife has no handle.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 29th, 2024 at 4:50:19 AM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Why is there a Nathan’s Corner? One member is singled out and becomes a focal point. If said member has promised to act as a responsible member of the community, then the carving out of a separate space would seem unnecessary, no?
link to original post

Iirc it was because she started thread after thread that went nowhere so Wiz had her keep the random thoughts to one space. It also allows orie not interested to just block one thread vs many
Mosca
Mosca
January 29th, 2024 at 5:06:29 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

link to original post

Iirc it was because she started thread after thread that went nowhere so Wiz had her keep the random thoughts to one space. It also allows orie not interested to just block one thread vs many
link to original post

Yep. I understand why it was initially started years ago. But this is supposed to be a new beginning, right?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
Mosca
January 29th, 2024 at 6:23:46 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Yep. I understand why it was initially started years ago. But this is supposed to be a new beginning, right?
link to original post

Col Hogan I know nothing.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
Thanked by
gordonm888
January 29th, 2024 at 7:16:31 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

My problems aren’t with you or any of the mods in particular. I don’t like how the rules have changed over the years and certain people like Nathan and dawg are allowed to spout their nonsense which drives away any real gambling conversation. I personally didn’t leave over the darkoz thing, I left because the forum became what it is now which is not math oriented. It’s about tales and stories that are untrue.
link to original post

Your point about BBB (being upset about Nathan's return) notwithstanding, all of the years that you talk about the forum just kicking @$$, Nathan was here.

As I've stated before, Nathan (in and of herself) was never really a problem at any time I was an Administrator; that's not to say BBB should have had an easier time; something may have changed in that year, or so, between me resigning and Nathan getting nuked. Honestly, the toughest thing when it came to Nathan was trying to prevent other people getting banned as a result of their interactions with Nathan! All the PM's to Nuke Nathan and about potential socks (as if I wasn't already checking) were also getting really tiresome. I don't Nuke people based on popular opinion; people screaming for someone to be Nuked in my PM box only made it less likely that I would do so.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
January 29th, 2024 at 7:21:03 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

In a sense.

At the same time, it's not as if Nathan's entire posting history before a few days ago ceases to exist. This thread has also went more than ninety pages, which is saying something, with the new formatting.

Besides that, provided this thread remains alive, Nathan really doesn't have an excuse to post something off-topic in other threads...which I recall being an occasional issue with her in the past. If she has something she wants to say and it doesn't fit anywhere, then she can just post it here.

At least, that's my take on it.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
Thanked by
MoscaMission146
January 29th, 2024 at 11:01:47 AM permalink

link to original post

I will extend the option to anybody to start a thread titled Mosca's Corner, or whatever the name might be. However, the price is you lose the privilege to start new threads, except with moderator approval. We can also force this option on anybody who has abused the thread-starting privilege, but I think everyone who has invoked this option so far has been agreeable to it.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Mosca
Mosca
Thanked by
Mission146
January 29th, 2024 at 11:20:20 AM permalink

link to original post

I will extend the option to anybody to start a thread titled Mosca's Corner, or whatever the name might be. However, the price is you lose the privilege to start new threads, except with moderator approval. We can also force this option on anybody who has abused the thread-starting privilege, but I think everyone who has invoked this option so far has been agreeable to it.
link to original post

It was a question, not an objection. I’m more bemused than anything else by its existence; the Mdawg one has a topic, this one seems really amorphous.

Can anyone start a thread titled Mosca’s Corner, and put me in that box? I wouldn’t care, but I’m not really interesting enough to keep a thread like that alive. It would probably just be me talking to myself. I got Facebook if I wanted to do that.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
MoscaMission146
January 29th, 2024 at 1:24:44 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

It was a question, not an objection. I’m more bemused than anything else by its existence; the Mdawg one has a topic, this one seems really amorphous.

Can anyone start a thread titled Mosca’s Corner, and put me in that box? I wouldn’t care, but I’m not really interesting enough to keep a thread like that alive. It would probably just be me talking to myself. I got Facebook if I wanted to do that.
link to original post

No, we would shut that down immediately. If someone else starts a thread named Mosca's Corner or Dieter's Diet the presumption is that it is done for mischief. We don't need an explicit Rule forbidding it - that would just be moderator discretion. I seem to remember that this actually occurred once - my memory is a little foggy on that.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
Thanked by
Mission146
January 29th, 2024 at 2:28:08 PM permalink
Would I run afoul if I were to start Kentry's corner, a warm inviting place where all are welcome to come and discuss Sock Puppetry.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
Mission146
January 29th, 2024 at 2:32:22 PM permalink
Quote: rainman

Would I run afoul if I were to start Kentry's corner a warm inviting place where all are welcome to come and discuss Sock Puppetry.
link to original post

Has to be left handed sock puppetry.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
Thanked by
Mission146
January 29th, 2024 at 2:50:13 PM permalink
Quote: rainman

Would I run afoul if I were to start Kentry's corner, a warm inviting place where all are welcome to come and discuss Sock Puppetry.
link to original post

Maybe try it here...

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/free-speech-zone/

Good luck
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
January 29th, 2024 at 6:08:32 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

No, we would shut that down immediately. If someone else starts a thread named Mosca's Corner or Dieter's Diet the presumption is that it is done for mischief. We don't need an explicit Rule forbidding it - that would just be moderator discretion. I seem to remember that this actually occurred once - my memory is a little foggy on that.
link to original post

As I recall, we "prefer" not to have threads dedicated to an individual. I believe the reasoning was that the nature of the discussion engendered was often unsatisfactory.

Trip report threads are generally seen to be not about an individual, but their journey and experiences over a specific period of time. (This differs from an unending thread with the only common theme being one person.)

Unfortunately, this means you all miss out on the recounting of fascinating details of my life, and are limited to pale vignettes where the stories intersect with relevance and adequately intriguing tidbits.
More's the pity. (Lump it.)
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
January 29th, 2024 at 6:33:59 PM permalink
As proof that I REALLY do play VERY high amounts at Casinos, much higher than my original 1 penny a spin, here is my win/loss statement from Seminole Casinos. :)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Uz4cX88eadR2jikR9
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
MDawg
MDawg
January 29th, 2024 at 7:13:17 PM permalink
And if they don't believe that, provide what I provided for my years of play: actual logged in video navigating around inside my player accounts, navigating to and landing on the win/loss statements (in my case...all WINs).
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
January 29th, 2024 at 7:46:38 PM permalink
I've never used or won free play so it's interesting to me to see a separate printout for that on the Win/Loss statement. I could cash out points for half price and get free play on one day of the week, but I'd rather get food at full price. No way would my points add up to near $1500 of free play or 300,000 points at my local casino as of yet. Even if I bet $120,000 on Bubble Craps that would only get me 20,000 points or $100 of free play if I cashed in my points. I would need 15X $120K bet or $1.8 million bet on Bubble Craps to get the points necessary to get to 300,000 points at $6/point. If I was betting on a normal slot machine (not Video Poker), it'd only be $900K of bets to get to $1500 of free play at $3/point.

I'm finding my points for playing a single $12 place bet at a real craps table only return 1/10th of my bet per hour of play, so 120 points ($1.20) per hour of play. Most people bet far more than one bet at a time, but I'm just starting out with a micro bankroll.

A good winning streak can add points and negate losses, but Karen shows a loss that is dwarfed by the action required to win 300K points or the equivalent for $1500 of free play. It's possible to win free play in a drawing or a free prize that doesn't rely on heavy action. If that's what happened, then why did Karen wind up the year with a loss?
Nathan
Nathan
January 29th, 2024 at 8:06:17 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

I've never used or won free play so it's interesting to me to see a separate printout for that on the Win/Loss statement. I could cash out points for half price and get free play on one day of the week, but I'd rather get food at full price. No way would my points add up to near $1500 of free play or 300,000 points at my local casino as of yet. Even if I bet $120,000 on Bubble Craps that would only get me 20,000 points or $100 of free play if I cashed in my points. I would need 15X $120K bet or $1.8 million bet on Bubble Craps to get the points necessary to get to 300,000 points at $6/point. If I was betting on a normal slot machine (not Video Poker), it'd only be $900K of bets to get to $1500 of free play at $3/point.

I'm finding my points for playing a single $12 place bet at a real craps table only return 1/10th of my bet per hour of play, so 120 points ($1.20) per hour of play. Most people bet far more than one bet at a time, but I'm just starting out with a micro bankroll.

A good winning streak can add points and negate losses, but Karen shows a loss that is dwarfed by the action required to win 300K points or the equivalent for $1500 of free play. It's possible to win free play in a drawing or a free prize that doesn't rely on heavy action. If that's what happened, then why did Karen wind up the year with a loss?
link to original post

I also was surprised that Seminole Casinos put the free play redeemed into the win/loss statement as well. They might be the only Casinos that put the free play redeemed into the win/loss statement as well. My other local Casinos just count cash won or lost in the win /loss statement.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
January 30th, 2024 at 12:13:51 AM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

I've never used or won free play so it's interesting to me to see a separate printout for that on the Win/Loss statement.
link to original post

(fiercely trimmed)

The last casino I went to was promoting an instant upgrade to "VIP status" for just $10,000 coin-in in 1 day. Top tier status would be awarded for just $80,000 coin-in in 1 day.
These presumably come with recurring freeplay offers.

(No. I didn't try for it. I was casually collecting the $5 new member freeplay (with a chance to get $2500). I was almost ready to lose a few hands of $5 blackjack, but the table was understandably full.)
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
January 30th, 2024 at 12:56:57 AM permalink
The only time I've gotten $10K+ coin-in in one day was playing $1 & $2 denom video Black Jack for under 3 hours on a winning streak for + $180. Most gambling days I'm betting far slower on the Bubble Craps and getting $100 to $3000 coin-in per day. The local casino just doubled the number of points I need to qualify for the next tier from the bottom card from 2,000 points to 4,000 points and they wipe away the tier points every 6 months, but I can still keep the spendable points for food as long as I play once every 6 months. So I've got the 2nd from the bottom tier card with not the points needed to be in that tier anymore and the tier didn't carry over because I didn't make the cut during the last 6 months. I don't need to exchange it unless I ask at the desk how many tier points I have, and I'm short of the 4,000 points. I went to the desk to ask where my meal credit was, and he had to swipe my card to see, so it was on the card, I didn't get a meal printout voucher from the kiosk. He didn't confiscate my card and give me the basic card replacement that time, but he could have. There's nowhere I can check for tier points except at the desk, so I'd better have a good idea I'm over 4,000 points before I ask next time.

There's another casino I got to over 2,000 points playing $10 Spanish 21 for 2 nights, but it didn't count as tier points which was surprising. I thought I could upgrade my card there, but nope, tier points are lacking. I had 2 sessions there that totaled a $20 profit, and they wrote down I won $700 on my win/loss statement. If I cashed out at my top balance it would have been about $700 in chips and that would have been a favorable move but I lost about $400 of it back that night and lost $150 the next week.
OnceDear
OnceDear
January 30th, 2024 at 1:08:10 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

As proof that I REALLY do play VERY high amounts at Casinos, much higher than my original 1 penny a spin, here is my win/loss statement from Seminole Casinos. :)

link to original post

You really didn't need to do that.
Anyhow, you did so you invite comment...

It was blurred on my screen but seems to indicate a significant loss.
So, where you might previously have been losing a few dollars, now you seem to have graduated to losing a lot more. That's not a good development path and not something to boast about.
Do you aspire to lose even more, maybe everything you earn at the day job? It won't earn you any kudos.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Nathan
Nathan
January 30th, 2024 at 3:19:23 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

link to original post

So, where you might previously have been losing a few dollars, now you seem to have graduated to losing a lot more. That's not a good development path and not something to boast about.
Do you aspire to lose even more, maybe everything you earn at the day job? It won't earn you any kudos.
link to original post

There was doubts about me REALLY playing higher amounts, so I did the win/loss statement from Seminole Casinos as proof that I really do play much higher than just one penny a spin. ;)
Nathan
Nathan
January 30th, 2024 at 3:26:50 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I actually asked Wizard if I could have one thread dedicated to the bulk of my thoughts because Posters were starting to get annoyed by my constant threads. I saw the writing on the wall and so I asked Wizard if I could start Nathan's Corner and he allowed it to happen. :)
OnceDear
OnceDear
January 30th, 2024 at 3:47:08 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

There was doubts about me REALLY playing higher amounts, so I did the win/loss statement from Seminole Casinos as proof that I really do play much higher than just one penny a spin. ;)
link to original post

You didn't need to prove anything about your wager size.
You didn't prove anything about your wager size

Take care.
Gambling is addictive and trying to lose bigger and faster won't make you popular with anyone that matters.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 30th, 2024 at 4:40:25 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Take care.
Gambling is addictive and trying to lose bigger and faster won't make you popular with anyone that matters.
link to original post

The Pit Boss and Director of Gaming do not matter??? lol
OnceDear
OnceDear
January 30th, 2024 at 4:54:51 AM permalink

Take care.
link to original post

The Pit Boss and Director of Gaming do not matter??? lol
link to original post

Yes. they are laughing all the way to the bank.

The casino's extra profit is Florida Lottery's loss.

Karen always aspired to fit in here with Advantage players. Better that she wins or loses a few pennies than loses a few thousand dollars.
Mosca
Mosca
January 30th, 2024 at 6:22:37 AM permalink

Take care.
link to original post

Mrs and I say to each other that if the casino starts offering you more stuff, there’s an issue that needs to be considered.

Of course it’s a matter of scale. Nevertheless it is true.
Nathan
Nathan
January 30th, 2024 at 6:28:21 AM permalink
Speaking of playing one penny a spin, I won $90 on a single penny bet when Cleopatra and Ramses showed up together in a Bonus Round when I played Queen Of The Nile. :) I was beyond ecstatic! :D Even Posters who talked crap about me playing one penny a spin were like,"$90 on a one penny bet is actually a beyond phenomenal hit! :D
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
Mosca
January 30th, 2024 at 7:02:54 AM permalink

Take care.
link to original post

Mrs and I say to each other that if the casino starts offering you more stuff, there’s an issue that needs to be considered.

Of course it’s a matter of scale. Nevertheless it is true.
link to original post

Decade ago my downstairs neighbors showed me a closet FILLED with casino giveaways. They gave me some of the upscale chocolates. Lots of unopened pots and pans, flashlights, knife sets, etc…. My friend said something like ‘if you lose $10k there they give you stuff….’
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 30th, 2024 at 7:19:17 AM permalink

Speaking of playing one penny a spin, I won $90 on a single penny bet when Cleopatra and Ramses showed up together in a Bonus Round when I played Queen Of The Nile. :) I was beyond ecstatic! :D Even Posters who talked crap about me playing one penny a spin were like,"$90 on a one penny bet is actually a beyond phenomenal hit! :D
link to original post

A 9000-1 payout when playing a single credit? A slot manager needs to be reassigned to food and beverage.
Nathan
Nathan
January 30th, 2024 at 7:54:19 AM permalink

link to original post

A 9000-1 payout when playing a single credit? A slot manager needs to be reassigned to food and beverage.
link to original post

Speaking of huge payouts, on another Website, I was banned after being estatic after winning $10 on a penny bet. The Admin said something like,"You're estatic over winning $10 on a penny bet? Banned for Trolling. She banned me. A Poster said something like,"I don't get this banning. Nathan won 1,000 times her bet. If someone bet $1 and won $1,000 and was ecstatic, you wouldn't have banned that Poster."
Mission146
Mission146
January 30th, 2024 at 8:56:06 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I guess every single slot manager at casinos with Must-Hit machines with a Major of $10,000 such that $1 can be bet playing a single line should also be reassigned, by the same standard....of course, that would mean probably at least half of slot managers in half of casinos.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 30th, 2024 at 9:53:58 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

link to original post

link to original post

I guess every single slot manager at casinos with Must-Hit machines with a Major of $10,000 such that $1 can be bet playing a single line should also be reassigned, by the same standard....of course, that would mean probably at least half of slot managers in half of casinos.
link to original post

She was not playing a must hit by machine.
Mission146
Mission146
January 30th, 2024 at 10:15:45 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

I know that. You seem to think that a 9,000-for-1 return is grounds for reassignment; I'm simply stating that is theoretically possible on many machines and gave an example. Not all of the machines upon which such an event is theoretically possible are must-hits. If we're going to reassign slot directors for having Queen of the Nile, specifically, on the floor...get ready for an industry-wide bloodbath.

There are also any number of other games where such an event is theoretically possible; it's just extremely unlikely. It was extremely unlikely when Nathan hit it. I also wouldn't reassign slot directors over a frequent flyer winning $90 on a $0.01 bet; I highly doubt the $89.99 swing is going to cause the casino to be an imminent Chapter 7 threat.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 30th, 2024 at 11:58:06 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

I know that. You seem to think that a 9,000-for-1 return is grounds for reassignment; I'm simply stating that is theoretically possible on many machines and gave an example. Not all of the machines upon which such an event is theoretically possible are must-hits. If we're going to reassign slot directors for having Queen of the Nile, specifically, on the floor...get ready for an industry-wide bloodbath.

There are also any number of other games where such an event is theoretically possible; it's just extremely unlikely. It was extremely unlikely when Nathan hit it. I also wouldn't reassign slot directors over a frequent flyer winning $90 on a $0.01 bet; I highly doubt the $89.99 swing is going to cause the casino to be an imminent Chapter 7 threat.
link to original post

What I am saying is that I rarely see penny machines with that kind of payout for a single penny credit. Betting one credit at a time on a penny machine is a way to slowly drain you wallet.

What I am saying is i believe this about as much as I believe a person betting $50 when they probably earn $100-150 per day pre-tax. IOW, like the Pepsi fighter jet thing no reasonable person should believe it even if you can find a situation about as likely as Lori Grenier leaving her husband and showing up on my porch.
OnceDear
OnceDear
January 30th, 2024 at 12:09:05 PM permalink

link to original post

Karen, "On a single penny bet"
That's a 25 line slot. Are you saying you were only playing 1 line a spin at 1c credit? That doesn't ring true. Surely you were playing multiple lines per spin, else it would be boring as hell.
Did you mean to say you won $90 at the lowest denomination of 1c per line. Still impressive but more plausable.

Another question...... I'm not familiar with win-loss statements ( No. Really) but didn't yours show no wagers on table games? Isn't roulette the table game you say you are betting big on?
Nathan
Nathan
Thanked by
ChumpChange
January 30th, 2024 at 12:58:17 PM permalink
So, at my local Casino, I ended up making the mistake of asking the SAME person twice to play on my Player's Club Card because I wanted to get extra bingo cards. He said,"You asked me already." Casino Staff Member was nearby. I went to another machine and asked someone if he could play on my Player's Club Card. He let me, but the same Casino Staff Member saw me and just minutes later, he came back with two other Casino Staff Members and I was told,"Ma'am, you cannot ask Players to play on your Player's Club Card.. You are banned for 24 hours. If you ever ask a Player to play on your Player's Club Card again, we will permanently trespass you. We are giving you a lenient chance with only banning you for 24 hours." :( I got greedy. I already have a FREE bingo card with me being a second Tier , but I wanted more bingo cards. Now I get no bingo cards from local Casino and a 24 hour ban. I should have just been satisfied with my one bingo card. :(
Mission146
Mission146
January 30th, 2024 at 1:05:59 PM permalink

link to original post

Karen, "On a single penny bet"
That's a 25 line slot. Are you saying you were only playing 1 line a spin at 1c credit? That doesn't ring true. Surely you were playing multiple lines per spin, else it would be boring as hell.
Did you mean to say you won $90 at the lowest denomination of 1c per line. Still impressive but more plausable.

Another question...... I'm not familiar with win-loss statements ( No. Really) but didn't yours show no wagers on table games? Isn't roulette the table game you say you are betting big on?
link to original post

I had a Dealt Four Deuces with Joker on Deuces Wild Joker Poker once; the joker was even the middle card. A member of the forum (at least one) was sent a picture of it at the time that it happened. Weird stuff happens sometimes, especially when you play a game a lot. It actually seems significantly less odd when you do. $500 on a $0.25 bet, which isn't 9000-FOR-1, but still.

I believe that Nathan has reported herself, and has been seen by others, playing $0.01/spin in the past, so I don't have a ton of difficulty believing the claim.

Electronic table games are sometimes reported, in various ways, with slot machines.
  • Jump to: