Thread Rating:

MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
March 2nd, 2019 at 11:23:47 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that He Who Shall Not Be Named has given me a sort of gift card that actually works after it was made clear that not only was a woman but that I am the Poster named Nathan. :) We have a Peaceful Truce nowadays. :)

Are you Kim Jong-un in real life?
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
March 2nd, 2019 at 11:25:25 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Are you Kim Jong-un in real life?

Sacre Blue! O.O
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
Nathan
Nathan
March 2nd, 2019 at 1:22:46 PM permalink
Nursing pads are a good Baby Shower gift, right? My sister is having a Baby Shower for her baby who is due on March 19th. :)
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
MaxPen
MaxPen
March 2nd, 2019 at 2:02:06 PM permalink

Nursing pads are a good Baby Shower gift, right? My sister is having a Baby Shower for her baby who is due on March 19th. :)

I hear Depends go over well. You could also get some baby diapers. Try to get a matching set.

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\З= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =Ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿
Nathan
Nathan
March 2nd, 2019 at 2:24:53 PM permalink

I hear Depends go over well. You could also get some baby diapers. Try to get a matching set.

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\З= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =Ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

I got her diapers, baby wipes, nursing pads, and baby formula. :)
Nathan
Nathan
March 2nd, 2019 at 4:40:51 PM permalink
Well, at my sister's baby shower, there was a gift giveaway. The rules of the game were that you could pick any gift you want when your number was called, you get a free gift! The catch was whoever wanted your gift you had to give it up. The other catch was that you had to keep the gift visible. You couldn't hide the gift. I picked the most expensive gift, a Pedi Perfect gift Nail File for my mother. I was thinking, "This gift is MINE! For my mother! I didn't hide the gift, I kept it in plain sight on my table. The hosts rattled off the gifts still available and the ones already taken and she very briefly mentioned the Nail File(My gift, she asked who had the Nail File and I made a slight gesture towards myself and smiled) and NO ONE wanted to steal the Nail File. The focus was on a roll of Bounty Towels! Like 10 people stole the Bounty Towels! LMAO! :D Halfway sad and halfway hilarious! :/ :D My expensive gift was ignored and I ended up being one of the ONLY people to keep their gift! :D
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
March 2nd, 2019 at 4:54:17 PM permalink
Rubbing sambucca on an infants lips and thumb is a good way to ensure Mom gets a decent nights sleep, so I'd toss a bottle of two of the stuff in any gift basket.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
March 2nd, 2019 at 5:24:07 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Rubbing sambucca on an infants lips and thumb is a good way to ensure Mom gets a decent nights sleep, so I'd toss a bottle of two of the stuff in any gift basket.

I enjoy rubbing a couple of Sambucca's on my liver a few times a month.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 2nd, 2019 at 5:35:57 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I enjoy rubbing a couple of Sambucca's on my liver a few times a month.

Don't forget the whole coffee bean. It makes the drink.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
March 2nd, 2019 at 6:09:50 PM permalink

Well, at my sister's baby shower, there was a gift giveaway. The rules of the game were that you could pick any gift you want when your number was called, you get a free gift! The catch was whoever wanted your gift you had to give it up. The other catch was that you had to keep the gift visible.

Isn't that a White Elephant, also known as a Yankee Swap?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Nathan
Nathan
March 2nd, 2019 at 6:47:05 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Isn't that a White Elephant, also known as a Yankee Swap?

I had never heard of a White Elephant/Yankee Swap until your question, but I made a quick run to Good Old Google, and yes, it was a White Elephant/Yankee Swap. :) It was fun however and I got a free Nail File System for my mother!:D
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 2nd, 2019 at 8:48:20 PM permalink

I had never heard of a White Elephant/Yankee Swap until your question, but I made a quick run to Good Old Google, and yes, it was a White Elephant/Yankee Swap. :) It was fun however and I got a free Nail File System for my mother!:D

It would actually be interesting to do a math analysis of White Elephant strategy, but I have never actually done one. In my days with normal jobs we just did a Secret Santa. Maybe we should do a White Elephant for the WoV spring fling.
Nathan
Nathan
March 2nd, 2019 at 10:21:07 PM permalink

It would actually be interesting to do a math analysis of White Elephant strategy, but I have never actually done one. In my days with normal jobs we just did a Secret Santa. Maybe we should do a White Elephant for the WoV spring fling.

A White Elephant for WOV Spring Fling sounds like it could be fun! :D
Nathan
Nathan
March 3rd, 2019 at 2:57:36 PM permalink
I have always thought that the woman singing,"Ah ah ah ah," in Full House Outro sounded like Candace Cameron who played DJ Tanner,the oldest Tanner Sister, despite Candace only being 10 when the Outro was made and the woman sounding more like a 20 something year old than a 10 year old. I'm'weird like that. :)
Nathan
Nathan
March 4th, 2019 at 5:36:47 AM permalink
Guess what day it is,guess what day it is! :D

It's my birthday! :D I am 35 today! Woo-hoo!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Thanked by
CrystalMath
March 4th, 2019 at 6:38:40 AM permalink

Happy birthday Nathan! You don't look a day over 34.
MaxPen
MaxPen
March 4th, 2019 at 8:45:28 AM permalink
___________'O'
___________/o\
__________/.-o-\
_________/''--o--\
________█▓▒▒▓█
________█▓▒▒▓█
____...//{´°´(_)´°´}\\.
___oOOo`—''*—´---oOOo
'█▄█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀█ █▄█
'█▀█ █▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ ░█'░
̲̅̅B̲̅][̲̅̅I̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅T̲̅ ][̲̅̅H̲̅][̲̅̅D̲̅][̲̅̅A̲̅][̅̅Y̅
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
Minty
March 4th, 2019 at 11:35:07 AM permalink
Trivia question..... Which WoV member is born on a day that can be construed as a military order?

Answer....... NATHAN!
Nathan
Nathan
March 4th, 2019 at 12:20:48 PM permalink

Thanks, Wizard ! :D How old do I look? :)
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
March 4th, 2019 at 12:23:23 PM permalink

he is definitely too smart to answer that question.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Nathan
Nathan
March 4th, 2019 at 2:22:49 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Wizard has implied look younger than my age and people are SHOCKED when I tell them that I am 34/35. They say,"You look so much younger!" :D
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
March 4th, 2019 at 2:48:26 PM permalink

Quote: GWAE

Wizard has implied look younger than my age and people are SHOCKED when I tell them that I am 34/35. They say,"You look so much younger!" :D

People like lying. It's probably true a little bit but people exaggerate.
I am a robot.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 4th, 2019 at 4:14:54 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

People like lying. It's probably true a little bit but people exaggerate.

I often ask women if they like my salt and pepper hair or if I should go back to dying it. They always say things like grey hair makes a man look distinguished, but I can never be sure if they are lying.

When women ask me questions like this I tell them the truth, which probably explains why so few speak to me.
Nathan
Nathan
March 4th, 2019 at 6:34:48 PM permalink

I often ask women if they like my salt and pepper hair or if I should go back to dying it. They always say things like grey hair makes a man look distinguished, but I can never be sure if they are lying.

When women ask me questions like this I tell them the truth, which probably explains why so few speak to me.

But, Wizard, I want your honest opinion on how old you think I look. :) I want the truth! :) And please no one respond with,"You can't handle the truth! " Famous line from A Few Good Men. ;)
Nathan
Nathan
March 4th, 2019 at 6:41:09 PM permalink

Here are a few male Celebrities who look distinguished with salt and pepper hair. :)

Richard Gere
Morgan Freeman
Colonel Harland Sanders(Kentucky Fried Chicken Founder)
Barry Gibbs

:) You are in the company of these distinguished looking gentlemen. :)
Nathan
Nathan
March 4th, 2019 at 7:46:39 PM permalink
This Birthday was the PITS! My mother figure(Stepmother who helped raise me forgot it was my birthday! YIKES! I had to remind her it was my birthday, late at night WTF! :/ She did show remorse for not remembering my birthday. She said she thought my birthday was in April! April! :/ You helped raise me and got my birthday wrong by a month this year? Yikes! My Father told me happy birthday on his own however. :) And my biological Mother also told me happy birthday on her own. :) got NOTHING for my birthday at my job today, which is a huge WTF! Usually we get parties for our birthdays. #One of my worst birthdays ever!
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
March 4th, 2019 at 9:16:47 PM permalink
Happy Birthday!
Some people just look younger than they are. My Grandpa is 93. A doctor / nurse / pharmacist or someone like that asked him how old he was and when he told them, they didn't believe him. He had to show them his ID.
I just turned 40. People always think I'm way younger.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
March 4th, 2019 at 10:40:23 PM permalink
Quote: miplet

Happy Birthday!
Some people just look younger than they are. My Grandpa is 93. A doctor / nurse / pharmacist or someone like that asked him how old he was and when he told them, they didn't believe him. He had to show them his ID.
I just turned 40. People always think I'm way younger.

ya when i met you like years ago you looked young af like you just turnt 21 or somethin
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
Thanked by
OnceDeardjatcNathan
March 4th, 2019 at 11:17:44 PM permalink
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Nathan
Nathan
March 6th, 2019 at 3:15:04 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Oh my God, that was one of the worst things ever, but I smiled! :D Thank you! :D
Nathan
Nathan
March 7th, 2019 at 12:56:01 PM permalink
I'm going to make a radical suggestion. Is there a way that Zenking and I can "Share" my "Apartment," as a "Roommate," so to speak? ;)
MaxPen
MaxPen
March 7th, 2019 at 3:43:51 PM permalink

I'm going to make a radical suggestion. Is there a way that Zenking and I can "Share" my "Apartment," as a "Roommate," so to speak? ;)

You might not want that without a prior fumigation. Bedbugs are pervasive.
Nathan
Nathan
March 7th, 2019 at 5:58:22 PM permalink
I saw 183 three times! ! :D I predict that 183 box or straight Pick 3 is coming up within three weeks. :)
Nathan
Nathan
Thanked by
MaxPen
March 8th, 2019 at 8:35:08 AM permalink
Another random thought! :D Why aren't water bottle Companies marketing salt free Ocean water?The Oceans are our biggest source of water and with the way water is heavily marketed and world wide needed, you would think salt free Ocean water would be in top demand. Just tell the public that Science says that salt free Ocean Water is very healthy for the body and get celebrities to shill for salt free Ocean water, like Cardi B to claim she lives by it and watch the Sheep Masses line up to buy it
;)
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 44
March 8th, 2019 at 10:58:39 AM permalink
Heh. You might have a coherent thought here. I can buy sea salt sans the water. So why can't I buy sea water minus the salt?
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Nathan
Nathan
March 8th, 2019 at 6:57:14 PM permalink
Has anyone cracked the code in my Signature? :)
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
Thanked by
PokerGrinder
March 8th, 2019 at 7:03:53 PM permalink
As predicted, Nathan's corner is tanking faster than bag of rocks.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
March 8th, 2019 at 7:05:23 PM permalink

Has anyone cracked the code in my Signature? :)

Nathan
Nathan
March 8th, 2019 at 7:14:01 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Nope! How did you come up with that, however? :)
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
March 8th, 2019 at 7:26:57 PM permalink

I'm pretty sure BBB is right. 14.15.9.20.9.19.11.1.18.18.5.14
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
March 8th, 2019 at 7:29:37 PM permalink

Did you decode my answer? That I answered that way should demonstrate that I broke your code.
Nathan
Nathan
March 8th, 2019 at 7:33:17 PM permalink
I'll give you guys a hint. My Code is a common phrase. ;)
Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
  • Threads: 17
Thanked by
CrystalMathgamerfreakGWAE
March 9th, 2019 at 5:11:02 AM permalink
Hi My Name Is Kentry
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
mcallister3200
March 9th, 2019 at 6:23:23 AM permalink

Another random thought! :D Why aren't water bottle Companies marketing salt free Ocean water?The Oceans are our biggest source of water and with the way water is heavily marketed and world wide needed, you would think salt free Ocean water would be in top demand. Just tell the public that Science says that salt free Ocean Water is very healthy for the body and get celebrities to shill for salt free Ocean water, like Cardi B to claim she lives by it and watch the Sheep Masses line up to buy it
;)

This is agony to respond, but perhaps I have a little masochism in me........

There is a process called 'desalinization' which does take the salt out of ocean water, making it safe for human consumption. I believe there are countries (Israel?) that are actually doing this for the general public. But it is expensive to do, and uses a decent amount of energy.

But if Cardi B vouches for it, then we should divert funds meant for the wall to desalinization plants.......
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
March 9th, 2019 at 6:49:32 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

This is agony to respond, but perhaps I have a little masochism in me........

There is a process called 'desalinization' which does take the salt out of ocean water, making it safe for human consumption. I believe there are countries (Israel?) that are actually doing this for the general public. But it is expensive to do, and uses a decent amount of energy.

But if Cardi B vouches for it, then we should divert funds meant for the wall to desalinization plants.......

I understand. I stifled it. The Big Island of Hawaii has a large desalination plant within view of the Kona control tower. They do it mostly for the salt, but the water is also used for various things, though not drinking, because it's still far from pure to that processing point. As you say, it's very expensive, and each purification step adds cost.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
March 9th, 2019 at 8:03:12 AM permalink

When is the confession coming that you are really "He who shall not be named"?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

≧☉_☉≦

༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽

Loving these. I'd like to figure out how you made all these characters. Very clever.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
avianrandy
avianrandy
  • Threads: 8
March 9th, 2019 at 1:17:13 PM permalink
I remember when the first started selling bottled water, one of the first brands was Evian. What is Evian spelled backwards?
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
March 9th, 2019 at 5:43:38 PM permalink
naivE?
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
March 9th, 2019 at 6:11:54 PM permalink
Speaking of volcanic water, has anyone else tried BLK?

It was really underwhelming. It just tasted like water.
  • Jump to: