MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 268
June 20th, 2017 at 7:17:10 PM permalink
Good grief, you folks are getting blitzed by what is described as near-record heat, and it's only mid-June.

Any heat stories?

You know, like "It was so hot..." kind of story.
"What, me worry?"
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 63
June 20th, 2017 at 7:22:33 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Good grief, you folks are getting blitzed by what is described as near-record heat, and it's only mid-June.

Any heat stories?

You know, like "It was so hot..." kind of story.

I was outside for at least 30 seconds cumulative today and it didn't seem too bad.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 151
June 20th, 2017 at 7:27:37 PM permalink
I think sauna temperatures can average around 150F, so there's a way to go before massive sweating, tachycardia, feelings of faintness.
prisoner of gravity
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 50
June 20th, 2017 at 8:05:14 PM permalink
I had to carry my 85 pound dog from the car to the house. He burnt his paws walking from the park to my car.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 136
Thanks for this post from:
petroglyph
June 20th, 2017 at 8:40:53 PM permalink
Made the bad decision in these temps a couple years ago to take my beer outside on the small deck at Flamingo Margaritaville. Went from drinkable to Hot tea in a couple minutes. Not sure it's possible to keep a drink cold in those temps.

That said, I still would take Vegas 115 over PA 95 with 80% humidity any day. Water and beer make it bearable in NV. In PA or Florida or anywhere with high humidity, nothing stops the sweat.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
June 20th, 2017 at 8:53:51 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I had to carry my 85 pound dog from the car to the house. He burnt his paws walking from the park to my car.

"Why won't you buy cool shoes for me, master?"
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 962
June 20th, 2017 at 8:55:10 PM permalink
No interesting stories here. I was planning to go to my 8:00 AM boot camp but it was just too dang hot even that early so I blew it off. I very rarely use weather as an excuse for doing so. Then I was pretty much on house arrest with most of the rest of the city until 8:00 PM when it was finally safe to go outside for more than a minute or so.

My swimming pool provides some relief but it is bathtub warm.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 49
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKintRigondeaux
June 20th, 2017 at 10:35:33 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

"Why won't you buy cool shoes for me, master?"

"should of played 'Go Fish' today ya peasant" -typoontrav
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 50
June 21st, 2017 at 12:58:32 AM permalink
http://petslady.com/sites/default/files/inline-images/712feekdgkL._SL1500_.jpg

I looked online but all the boots seem winter/snow related. They seem interesting.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 7
June 21st, 2017 at 5:43:27 AM permalink
"It was so hot..."

...that I decided to live indoors. Works for me.

I agree with the earlier remark that 90 temp with 80+ humidity that's routine in other places can be much worse. There was a summer day in St. Louis watching an afternoon ball game last year where I think I came really close to needing emergency medical attention, even though I was guzzling water constantly.

But one thing I have learned in the desert is not to leave any little miscellaneous gizmo & do-dad stuff in the car, including the glove box, if it will have to be parked outside for a while during the afternoon. Stuff that's part of the car is apparently made for it, but you'd be surprised what other stuff can melt that you'd never think of. And what a stinking mess it makes when it does. An MP3 music player. A couple of pens. A tape measure in a plastic case. A gooey mass of... whatever that other puddle was. And, I seriously do have a pair of oven mitts in the trunk, just so I can touch the controls enough get the A/C all nicely fired up after having to park it outside for a while.

But that said, it beats the Hell out of ice scrapers, and tire chains, and snow shovels, and all that crap I never, ever plan to see again.
Last edited by: DrawingDead on Jun 21, 2017
Nevermind.

• Jump to: