billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 50
June 22nd, 2017 at 1:54:17 PM permalink
I think it was just her way of saying he dies doing what he loved. Something I think most of us wish for.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 151
June 22nd, 2017 at 2:42:22 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I think it was just her way of saying he dies doing what he loved. Something I think most of us wish for.

I don't think the 18 year old lovely female who is with me will enjoy it so much.

Oh, is this real or just a wish?
prisoner of gravity
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 268
June 22nd, 2017 at 4:10:34 PM permalink
Go rent an 18 year old.

Dime a dozen.
"What, me worry?"
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 7
June 22nd, 2017 at 4:40:30 PM permalink
From ACTUALLY READING the copied account of the demise of these two snipe hunters, one really wouldn't start to imagine that the temperature had anything to do with Mr. Wallace going into the RIVER and drowning himself in it:
Quote: billryan

....They eventually found his vehicle along the Rio Grande.
At the edge of the water, officers saw two red ropes tied together and to a large rock. Receipts in Wallace's vehicle indicated the ropes belonged to him.
Rescuers spent two days searching the river until rafters spotted a body downstream about 7 miles from where Wallace was last believed to have been....

Or see any reason to think that the temperature in June of 2017 had anything to do with the other fellow, Randy Bilyeu, who was said to have disappeared LAST YEAR. Maybe that fool froze himself to death in winter. Or not, Perhaps Mr. Bilyeu got himself lost and starved, or fell and was injured while climbing around in the wilderness and was eaten by coyotes. But it surely wasn't about whatever heat might exist now, A YEAR LATER and two time zones away. At this moment the temperatures in the mountainous wilderness areas around Santa Fe and the like are about eighty-something degrees.
Nevermind.
billryan
billryan
June 22nd, 2017 at 4:57:31 PM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

From ACTUALLY READING the copied account of the demise of these two snipe hunters, one really wouldn't start to imagine that the temperature had anything to do with Mr. Wallace going into the RIVER and drowning himself in it:Or see any reason to think that the temperature in June of 2017 had anything to do with the other fellow, Randy Bilyeu, who was said to have disappeared LAST YEAR. Maybe that fool froze himself to death in winter. Or not, Perhaps Mr. Bilyeu got himself lost and starved, or fell and was injured while climbing around in the wilderness and was eaten by coyotes. But it surely wasn't about whatever heat might exist now, A YEAR LATER and two time zones away. At this moment the temperatures in the mountainous wilderness areas around Santa Fe and the like are about eighty-something degrees.

My map has the mountains of Santa Fe hundreds of miles away from where he was, and has all of New Mexico in one time zone.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
June 22nd, 2017 at 5:24:42 PM permalink
What map? You copied and pasted an entire article, violating someone's copyright. It contains no map, and no link to wherever you got it from, but the stolen cut-and-pasted text says the Colorado fellow was in New Mexico. New Mexico is two time zones* a time zone and a half away from here, where it is "hot enough for ya." That is far away. When I gas up in Tucumcari, New Mexico, after driving for about 11 hours, I am halfway to St. Louis. And it is a very different elevation and climate.
Quote:

traveled to the Espanola area

Espanola is in the mountainous high country above Santa Fe, not far from a part of the Apache reservation. It is nestled in the Rocky Mountains that form the Continental Divide. And it is about 20-25 degrees cooler than Las Vegas, NV, or 25-30 degrees colder than Phoenix, AZ. And the higher elevation mountain areas all around it would be lower, getting downright chilly.

The temperature in Albuquerque is 84 degrees. And in Gallup it is in the 90s. And down near the Mexican border with NM it is mid 100-ish, such as Las Cruces at 103. And none of that could possibly have any relevance whatsoever to what happened to one fellow (Mr. Wallace) who drowned himself in a river, and another (Mr. Bilyeu) who disappeared sometime last year.

I think the snipe hunt is interesting, and makes for a fine thing to chatter about. IMO an even better thing to chatter about than the common elevator babble about ridiculously overhyped summer weather stories, so I'm all for it, and didn't mean to imply otherwise if it sounded like that. Even though the demise of both these fellows quite obviously has nothing at all to do with the temperature in the Mohave Desert far away, or any current or recent temperature anywhere for that matter.

*Correction: I was technically mistaken to say "two time zones." New Mexico is "only" about 500-600+ miles away, and is still (barely) within the eastern edge of the Mountain time zone just bordering on the Central time zone, so one time zone away from Las Vegas, etc.
Last edited by: DrawingDead on Jun 22, 2017
Nevermind.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 124
June 22nd, 2017 at 6:07:27 PM permalink
I dont think there is a treasure. Might be cynical, but who gives away so much money without really giving it away. I wouldn't dig for it if I was told it was in my backyard.
Looks like sh!t just got imaginary!
billryan
billryan
June 22nd, 2017 at 6:10:27 PM permalink
"Sort of related."

As in this isn't exactly related, but interesting in a related way.

Give a moment or two to the angry young man
With his foot in his mouth and his heart in his hand
He's been stabbed in the back, he's been misunderstood
It's a comfort to know his intentions are good
And he sits in a room with a lock on the door
With his maps and his medals laid out on the floor
And he likes to be known as the angry young man
Billy Martin Joel. Long Island, 1975.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
June 22nd, 2017 at 6:51:42 PM permalink
Chill, Billdude. No anger, and I ain't all that young. I completely understand that you understood that it was just kinda sorta related, but actually introducing something else not really about any heat thing going on here and now. And I'm glad you mentioned it. I hope chatter about it continues, so I get to make fun of the snipe hunt.

The "actually reading" and related remarks about relevance to this week's weather hereabouts were not about you. Some other folks have trouble reading stuff, and went off making their own very different version, implying that those two people just croaked yesterday because heat struck them down, entirely different from the actual text of what you posted. You didn't make anyone do that. It happens a lot around here, because the site does disproportionately attract folks who are challenged in literacy and attention span. Part of the territory of hanging on the 'net with gamblers; their impulsive imagination takes just a few random fragments and goes off & makes up stuff; and they can't help it.

But there is one thing that is serious. Not because I say so. It is necessary to stop cutting and pasting entire articles, and posting them without attribution. That is flat out theft, and has potential legal and financial consequences for people who run web forums. Please take this suggestion to heart, which is also by necessity a general rule of all public forums, including this one:

The thing to do is to post just a quoted excerpt of maybe a few sentences or a paragraph or so that gives an idea of what it is all about, with attribution indicating whose work and property it is and a link to the original for people to go to the source to read the rest. If you don't like getting that from me because I've been annoying in this exchange, I totally understand; Annoyance is my middle name, I am: "Drwg. Annoyance Dead." Then in that case, please do get the word on that from the moderators and owners here, or look at it in the forum rules if you don't want to ask about it. It is something that's necessary for all of us using forums to discuss things that involve content that's created by others, kept by them in their places and owned by them.

That part doesn't have to do with me being anything. It has to do with not getting the people running the place here sued and costing them a whole bunch of money. Besides respecting others' work and the property they create.
Nevermind.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 124
June 22nd, 2017 at 7:07:21 PM permalink
I like turtles.
Quote: DrawingDead

Chill, Billdude. No anger, and I ain't all that young. I completely understand that you understood that it was just kinda sorta related, but actually introducing something else not really about any heat thing going on here and now. And I'm glad you mentioned it. I hope chatter about it continues, so I get to make fun of the snipe hunt.

The "actually reading" and related remarks about relevance to this week's weather hereabouts were not about you. Some other folks have trouble reading stuff, and went off making their own very different version, implying that those two people just croaked yesterday because heat struck them down, entirely different from the actual text of what you posted. You didn't make anyone do that. It happens a lot around here, because the site does disproportionately attract folks who are challenged in literacy and attention span. Part of the territory of hanging on the 'net with gamblers; their impulsive imagination takes just a few random fragments and goes off & makes up stuff; and they can't help it.

But there is one thing that is serious. Not because I say so. It is necessary to stop cutting and pasting entire articles, and posting them without attribution. That is flat out theft, and has potential legal and financial consequences for people who run web forums. Please take this suggestion to heart, which is also by necessity a general rule of all public forums, including this one:

The thing to do is to post just a quoted excerpt of maybe a few sentences or a paragraph or so that gives an idea of what it is all about, with attribution indicating whose work and property it is and a link to the original for people to go to the source to read the rest. If you don't like getting that from me because I've been annoying in this exchange, I totally understand; Annoyance is my middle name, I am: "Drwg. Annoyance Dead." Then in that case, please do get the word on that from the moderators and owners here, or look at it in the forum rules if you don't want to ask about it. It is something that's necessary for all of us using forums to discuss things that involve content that's created by others, kept by them in their places and owned by them.

That part doesn't have to do with me being anything. It has to do with not getting the people running the place here sued and costing them a whole bunch of money. Besides respecting others' work and the property they create.

Looks like sh!t just got imaginary!

• Jump to: