Thread Rating:

GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
August 20th, 2016 at 11:07:33 AM permalink
We actually had a patio in the area where I am putting this deck. Patio was only 5ftx5ft so it was small. I am building a deck in place of it that wI'll go out over the hillside a little. Deck will be 14ftx14ft. Quote for builders to dig holes and put up deck was $7900. I am able to do the work and materials for $2300. It will probably take me about 80 hours worth of work so that's like $60 a hour.

Living in the north east our frost line is approx 3 feet down. I am going 42 inches just to be safe.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
August 20th, 2016 at 12:40:12 PM permalink
What is this "frost line" you speak?
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
August 20th, 2016 at 1:25:36 PM permalink
You didn't learn of the frost line during your time in Iowa? Frost line is how deep underground water is expected to freeze In winter/point below which ground doesn't freeze. A little surprised it's 3 feet deep in Pitt, it's only like 3.5 feet in Southern MN, thought Pitt was a bit warmer.
GWAE
GWAE
August 20th, 2016 at 2:34:37 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

You didn't learn of the frost line during your time in Iowa? Frost line is how deep underground water is expected to freeze In winter/point below which ground doesn't freeze. A little surprised it's 3 feet deep in Pitt, it's only like 3.5 feet in Southern MN, thought Pitt was a bit warmer.

Our winters can get pretty cold. We don't get -15 or colder like MN but once Jan hits the high can stay. Around 20 all month with lows around zero.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
August 20th, 2016 at 2:38:00 PM permalink
RS may have been making a sarcastic remark but it is weird how people in the hot areas don't know or haven't heard of certain things. Just in th last year I have built a retaining wall, dug past frost line, and showed a picture of green trees. I wonder what things are in the dessert that I may not have heard of?
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
August 20th, 2016 at 2:55:49 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

We actually had a patio in the area where I am putting this deck. Patio was only 5ftx5ft so it was small. I am building a deck in place of it that wI'll go out over the hillside a little. Deck will be 14ftx14ft. Quote for builders to dig holes and put up deck was $7900. I am able to do the work and materials for $2300. It will probably take me about 80 hours worth of work so that's like $60 a hour.

Living in the north east our frost line is approx 3 feet down. I am going 42 inches just to be safe.

My wife wants a patio/deck off of our master bedroom which is on the second floor. If you decide you want a working vacation in Las Vegas let me know. I am guessing about 15ft x 9ft.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
RS
RS
August 20th, 2016 at 3:07:48 PM permalink

RS may have been making a sarcastic remark but it is weird how people in the hot areas don't know or haven't heard of certain things. Just in th last year I have built a retaining wall, dug past frost line, and showed a picture of green trees. I wonder what things are in the dessert that I may not have heard of?

Never heard of a frost line before. But figured it had to do with something being cold and stuff. Wasn't sarcastic.

Whenever I'm out of state on a play somewhere, sometimes I'll be driving back to the hotel at 2 or 3 or 4 in the morning. I'll stop by a convenience store to grab some chips and a soda or something, a snack before going to bed. Several times I've tried buying a beer or a lime-a-rita (come on, they're pretty good)....and the cashier looks at me like "dude are you serious, it's past 1 or 2am", forgetting outside of LV you can't buy alcohol after 1 or 2am.

I don't like all those big evil green trees. They're just all bad news. Cactuses on the other hand -- now that's good stuff. And don't get me started on windmills (although they aren't as bad as trees, they're up there).
GWAE
GWAE
August 20th, 2016 at 3:29:36 PM permalink
In PA we don't have beer at gas stations. It confuses me when I stop to get a pop and there is beer right nwxt to it.

Drich, I can't imagine doing that in 101 temps. That is probably a winter time project.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
August 20th, 2016 at 4:06:50 PM permalink
In Minnesota you can't even buy alcohol anywhere but a bar on Sundays (no off sale I think it's called?), or ever after like 10 pm unless 3.2. Grocery stores/gas stations cannot sell alcohol over 3.2% alcohol, so don't buy beer at a gas station in MN, may as well call it Northern Utah. They like to send their drunks to the state to the east, which is full of inbred, cheese loving, cow tipping alcoholics.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
August 20th, 2016 at 11:19:44 PM permalink

I wonder what things are in the dessert that I may not have heard of?

Well, here's one possibility. Something called a "wash."

In this context the word "wash" doesn't have anything to do with someone's dirty socks, unless they are on the feet of a very recently deceased tourist or local drunken fool who just got carried halfway to Mexico after trying to just drive right on ahead on a road that crosses one. A desert wash would be known as a "river" if it was in a land covered with a lot of big evil unsightly trees and frost lines and whatnot. The difference is that this kind of river has no water in it. Most of the time. Except when it does. That happens suddenly, when there's been a thunderstorm somewhere that's drained by the wash. Then there is. A lot. Really fast. And then, all of a sudden, there isn't, and it looks about like the rest of the desert around it again. Flooded wash vs. car or truck or bus: wash wins. And the tons of building material for your deck that was on that truck is appreciated by Jose & Guadalupe when it finally comes to rest in Sonora, Mexico a few days later.

So there.
Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
August 21st, 2016 at 2:33:12 AM permalink

Autocorrect messing with you? One of these things is not like the others:

*I have built a retaining wall
*dug past frost line
*showed a picture of green trees

Quote: RS

don't get me started on windmills (although they aren't as bad as trees, they're up there).

It occurs to me that the emphasis now on green energy is creating a new batch of Don Quixotes. So here is RS going at it,

the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
GWAE
GWAE
August 21st, 2016 at 4:30:27 AM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

In this context the word "wash" doesn't have anything to do with someone's dirty socks, unless they are on the feet of a very recently deceased tourist or local drunken fool who just got carried halfway to Mexico after trying to just drive right on ahead on a road that crosses one. A desert wash would be known as a "river" if it was in a land covered with a lot of big evil unsightly trees and frost lines and whatnot. The difference is that this kind of river has no water in it. Most of the time. Except when it does. That happens suddenly, when there's been a thunderstorm somewhere that's drained by the wash. Then there is. A lot. Really fast. And then, all of a sudden, there isn't, and it looks about like the rest of the desert around it again. Flooded wash vs. car or truck or bus: wash wins. And the tons of building material for your deck that was on that truck is appreciated by Jose & Guadalupe when it finally comes to rest in Sonora, Mexico a few days later.

So there.

I knew that happened but didn't know it was called a wash.
RS
RS
August 21st, 2016 at 4:41:41 AM permalink
When my grandma had a house in Mexico, it was right on the beach with a golf course view. Essentially there was her house then a cliff then the beach. East of her house was the golf course and between the house and course was a wash. We called it an "arroyo", not sure if that's Spanish for "wash" or what. I'm pretty sure it was just run off from the mountains or rain or whatever. Right after it dries up, it's still really muddy. My brother and I were stupid enough to take our bikes through there -- it looked dry, and was for weird patches, then randomly instant mud sections....totally f****ed us up. :( But once it all did completely dry out, I thought it was really really cool (mind you I was like 8 or 10 or something). It was really crusty dirt, with cool streaks going through it (kinda like a snow mountain, where you see all the ski tracks). You'd kinda sink in a bit when walking on it. Honestly I think my favorite part of going to the beach (from my grandma's house....not our own) was walking through the arroyo. Those things are good stuff, right up there with cactuses, mayonaise, cinnamon, and of course guacamole. (There's one other thing at the top of the list, but I'd rather not say.)

But yeah, an arroyo is pretty much just run off water.
GWAE
GWAE
August 21st, 2016 at 5:59:52 AM permalink
I remember driving to hoover damn a fee years ago. I saw a tumbleweed fly across the road. I thought it was pretty wild. It was a very windy day so it went by pretty fast. A few miles up the road I saw a car pulled over with some damage to the window and hood with a tumbleweed laying there. Never thought they were dangerous before.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
August 21st, 2016 at 7:28:50 AM permalink
The main thing about camping in a wash is that the thunderstorm can be eighty miles away, it dumps rainfall and the desert does not soak up a single drop of it; all that water just flows along the wash pushing mud, rocks, cars, RVs, etc. in front of it. The hikers and campers may wonder how it is they drowned on such a bright sunny day in a desert.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
August 21st, 2016 at 7:33:05 AM permalink
tumbling along with the tumbling tumble weeds...

Its a Siberian plant. Very hardy. Despite our Hollywood oaters if its hardy enough to survive Siberia its hardy enough to survive an encounter with an automobile.
GWAE
GWAE
August 21st, 2016 at 12:29:01 PM permalink
It has now been 48 hours since my last pepsi. Woke up this morning with a a headache. Maybe from caffeine withdrawl or maybe from working outside in the humidity for 13 hours yeaterday.
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
August 21st, 2016 at 1:50:25 PM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

So there.

In New Mexico, we called that an arroyo. I remember my mother cautioning me as a child, "Don't play in the arroyo." Our mothers lived in fear that we would be swept away in a flash flood. Of course I played in them anyway. I had never seen anything in those arroyos but dry rocks and dirt. The idea of a flood seemed absolutely ridiculous.

One thing that seemed remarkable to me in Vegas was how easy it was to break a hundred dollar bill. Seems every business takes them there.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
August 21st, 2016 at 6:25:27 PM permalink
I've never ever heard of an old fashioned before bar rescue. They act like it's a popular drink and I've never seen one advertised on a drink menu. Don't remember one anyways. Drinks I know: Screwdriver, Manhattan, Long Island, jack and coke, white Russian, mint julep, and that's about it.
I am a robot.
GWAE
GWAE
August 21st, 2016 at 6:27:03 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I've never ever heard of an old fashioned before bar rescue. They act like it's a popular drink and I've never seen one advertised on a drink menu. Don't remember one anyways. Drinks I know: Screwdriver, Manhattan, Long Island, jack and coke, white Russian, mint julep, and that's about it.

I had the same thought a while back but just about every episode they mention it. I still have no clue what it is.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
August 21st, 2016 at 6:30:54 PM permalink

It has now been 48 hours since my last pepsi. Woke up this morning with a a headache. Maybe from caffeine withdrawl or maybe from working outside in the humidity for 13 hours yeaterday.

Ha sounds almost like a real problem.
I am a robot.
beerseason
beerseason
  • Threads: 4
August 21st, 2016 at 8:08:09 PM permalink
I don't understand why you are pouring a footing for a deck/patio. You don't need one. I live in Illinois and when I poured mine I did not have a footing. I have not had one single crack or any heaving. A little fiber and wire will go a long way.

Edit: sawing joints will help
GWAE
GWAE
August 22nd, 2016 at 3:27:14 AM permalink
Quote: beerseason

I don't understand why you are pouring a footing for a deck/patio. You don't need one. I live in Illinois and when I poured mine I did not have a footing. I have not had one single crack or any heaving. A little fiber and wire will go a long way.

Edit: sawing joints will help

Local building code requires it. It is also freestanding so it can actually move a little but Owell gotta follow building codes.
GWAE
GWAE
August 22nd, 2016 at 4:38:52 PM permalink
Here is my daily wine about my deck. Spent about 10 hours on saturday digging 3 holes and pouring footers. Today I put the 6x6 posts in and knotched out for the 2x10 beams. I thought today's work was going to be easy but filling in holes and dealing with wood was just as strenuous. 8 hours in the books today. 18 hours for the project do far.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 22nd, 2016 at 9:13:40 PM permalink

There's a product called Vanquish in the pain reliever aisle. Combines aspirin, Tylenol, and caffeine with a couple buffers to protect your stomach. Miracle product for the type of headaches I get. Might be very useful as you come off Pepsi. Particularly helpful on a sluggish morning such as you describe.

As to mixed drinks, 40-50 years ago people drank old fashioneds, rusty nails, pink squirrels, grasshoppers, daquiries, martinis, Smith and Kerns, Tom Collins, 7 and 7. Most of those are gone, though martinis made a resurgence and expansion. Tequila Sunrise and Margaritas were new; a lot of bars didn't even stock tequila til the late 70s. Flavored daquiries were new, like strawberry and banana. Still hanging in there from then; white and black russians. EvenBob could probably do a detailed rundown . Or check Playboy mags of the 60s; they published a lot of cocktail recipes, and even a bartenders book.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
August 22nd, 2016 at 10:01:58 PM permalink
Egad, constipation.

I'd draw you a picture but ... 'nuf said.
"What, me worry?"
DRich
DRich
August 23rd, 2016 at 6:08:41 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Egad, constipation.

I'd draw you a picture but ... 'nuf said.

Grr!! Every time they give me Fentanyl I have that problem. Sadly today I will be getting more. Hopefully not a Prince sized dose.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
August 23rd, 2016 at 11:12:47 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Every time they give me Fentanyl I have that problem. Sadly today I will be getting more.

The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
GWAE
GWAE
August 23rd, 2016 at 1:00:33 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

There's a product called Vanquish in the pain reliever aisle. Combines aspirin, Tylenol, and caffeine with a couple buffers to protect your stomach. Miracle product for the type of headaches I get. Might be very useful as you come off Pepsi. Particularly helpful on a sluggish morning such as you describe.

As to mixed drinks, 40-50 years ago people drank old fashioneds, rusty nails, pink squirrels, grasshoppers, daquiries, martinis, Smith and Kerns, Tom Collins, 7 and 7. Most of those are gone, though martinis made a resurgence and expansion. Tequila Sunrise and Margaritas were new; a lot of bars didn't even stock tequila til the late 70s. Flavored daquiries were new, like strawberry and banana. Still hanging in there from then; white and black russians. EvenBob could probably do a detailed rundown . Or check Playboy mags of the 60s; they published a lot of cocktail recipes, and even a bartenders book.

Thank you for the info, but I figured out a way to beat the pepsi withdrawl. Can you guess it?
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
August 23rd, 2016 at 1:21:54 PM permalink

Thank you for the info, but I figured out a way to beat the pepsi withdrawl. Can you guess it?

Marijuana? Pepsi is a gateway drug
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
August 23rd, 2016 at 2:38:38 PM permalink

Does it involve a case of Pepsi?
GWAE
GWAE
August 23rd, 2016 at 5:12:37 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

Does it involve a case of Pepsi?

Hahah, no just a 2 liter
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
August 23rd, 2016 at 5:56:06 PM permalink

Here is my daily wine about my deck.

You meant 'whine' but I think your spelling mistake is also a good Rx.
GWAE
GWAE
August 23rd, 2016 at 6:55:13 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

You meant 'whine' but I think your spelling mistake is also a good Rx.

Ha that's a good one. Can't even blame autocorrect on that one. I completely meant to spell it like that.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
August 23rd, 2016 at 7:58:36 PM permalink
I can't help but wonder why neither, "Fade to Black," nor, "Low Man's Lyric," were used for Metallica's S&M.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
August 24th, 2016 at 9:29:59 AM permalink
Here's something a bit different:

see

Live stream of folks visiting and inspecting a sunken radioactive aircraft carrier, USS Independence, off the coast of California.

The ship was exposed to atomic blast, towed back to the states, loaded with barrels of radioactive waste then sunk off the coast of California.

Hello, Godzilla!
"What, me worry?"
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
August 24th, 2016 at 9:57:38 AM permalink
Since I asked here a few pages back, I figure I ought to give a report about flying Allegiant.

First, I had heard rumors that their flights were often delayed, but both of ours left on time. Our outbound flight even got us to the gate early.

Second: baggage. They do have a nickel & dime baggage policy, charging even for a carry-on. Their website makes it sound like if your personal item is over their size limits, you will have to pay to carry it on, and that charge would be about double what you would have pre-paid. This got us a little nervous, so we opted to add a carry-on for $15 each way.

When we got to the gate, the gate agents didn't seem too concerned about the sizes of personal items. I could see other people's "personal items" (mostly backpacks) whose dimensions were much larger than the limits. Nobody that I saw got stopped, let alone questioned about their bags. I think next time, we will try to make due with just a "personal items" each.

As for seating, it appears that they do fill the plane from back to front. So, if you don't opt to pay for an assigned seat, the longer you wait to check in, the closer to the front of the plane you will be. If you bring up your reservation online (without actually checking-in, of course) and click "change seats," it will show you the remaining available seats.

On the flight out, Mrs. Joeman was seated in the row behind me, but there was nobody in the seat next to me, so she moved up right before we left the gate. The flight back, we had adjacent seats.

All in all, not a bad experience. We will fly them again in the future.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
GWAE
GWAE
August 24th, 2016 at 12:28:48 PM permalink
That has been my experience as well. I think I mentioned a bit back here that we did the same thing with our carry ons the first time. They make it sound like they will measure every bag. They didn't even notice what people were carrying on any of my flights. Actually my last flight I carried 3 bags on. 1 was a small personal item, 1 was a decent size camera bag, and the other was a walmart bag with snacks and of course pepsi.

Now of course the first time I try to use a larger bag will be the one time they care and I will have to pay $100 or whatever it is they charge at the gate.
DRich
DRich
August 24th, 2016 at 12:39:52 PM permalink
I always carry a "personal item" on Allegiant and I fly them a lot.. My experience has been they pretty much only stop people that are trying to bring a roller bag on without paying. If your item will fit under your seat they will never make a scene about the bag if you are carrying it.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
August 24th, 2016 at 1:21:27 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Grr!! Every time they give me Fentanyl I have that problem. Sadly today I will be getting more. Hopefully not a Prince sized dose.

WTF for? Not something to mess around with.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
August 24th, 2016 at 1:40:21 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Here's something a bit different:

see

Live stream of folks visiting and inspecting a sunken radioactive aircraft carrier, USS Independence, off the coast of California.

The ship was exposed to atomic blast, towed back to the states, loaded with barrels of radioactive waste then sunk off the coast of California.

Hello, Godzilla!

Great link! I bookmarked this. Thanks.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
RS
RS
August 24th, 2016 at 2:25:38 PM permalink
RE: Flying and stuff.

For those of us who have had the pleasure of flying Spirit airlines, ya know they nickel and dime you for everything. Drinks and food on flight cost money. They charge for checked baggage as well as carry on. (I've never had a problem, carrying a backpack sized bag and a laptop case, though.)

That's all fine and dandy. And sure you'd rather have more leg-room, but for a cheaper flight, some of us (i.e.: the sick and twisted animal who books my flights) don't care about leg space if it's cheaper, if you gotta pay $20 for a couple drinks and $20 more for food, plus no wifi on flight. But whatever.

One problem with Spirit is, they are oftentimes late. Okay, that's not so bad, especially if you're frequently late. But a problem is if they over-book the flight and you gotta wait for the next one. Might not seem bad, you think, wait another hour or so, sure it sucks but whatever. NOPE! Spirit airlines doesn't have non-stop flights like the bigger airlines do. They may have 1 or 2 flights a day to your destination.....sometimes only 2 or 3 in a week. No, they don't make a deal with other airlines to switch you over onto southwest or alleging or whatever other airlines has a flight going there.....you just gotta wait.

If you're lucky, IF YOURE LUCKY, they'll pay for a hotel for you and transportation to/from. But, chances are, you'll be stuck on your own -- either paying for your own hotel (which might be 2-3 nights) or living in the airport for 2-3 days. The sad part is, they don't even care, either.

http://www.spiritairlinesfacts.com
GWAE
GWAE
August 24th, 2016 at 2:33:13 PM permalink
Rs, that has been a something I worry about. I have been on them a handful of times and they have never been late, cancelled, or overbooked. I guess we have been lucky. In pittsburgh spirit flies out of a small airport. Like 1 gate small. If that flight gets cancelled there may not even be another flight to anywhere that day. It would suck to be stranded for 2 days to start a Vaca and it would suck to be stranded for 2 days on the way home and miss work. However for a $29 flight compared to $450 I am willing to take that chance. That is until I get screwed once.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
August 24th, 2016 at 4:04:48 PM permalink
I've never had a problem with Spirit. Don't need WiFi, drinks, etc. Just get me there.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
GWAE
GWAE
August 24th, 2016 at 5:09:09 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

I've never had a problem with Spirit. Don't need WiFi, drinks, etc. Just get me there.

I took delta and American recently. I really enjoyed having wifi. I have tmobile which gives you 1 hour free wifi per leg. Both flights had a layover so each leg was around 90 minutes.

Even though it was nice to have it, saving 400 per way per person is much nicer.
shrimpboatcapt
shrimpboatcapt
  • Threads: 8
August 24th, 2016 at 5:16:12 PM permalink
Are there any places in Vegas that make a decent matzoh ball soup?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 24th, 2016 at 6:30:38 PM permalink
Quote: shrimpboatcapt

Are there any places in Vegas that make a decent matzoh ball soup?

Really good deli just southeast of the airport has it on the menu. Haven't tried it, but the stuff I did have there was fantastic. Think it might be Weiss deli, looking at a map, out past Eastern Ave. Via Sunset. PGD? Is that the right place?
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
DRich
DRich
August 24th, 2016 at 6:37:38 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Really good deli just southeast of the airport has it on the menu. Haven't tried it, but the stuff I did have there was fantastic. Think it might be Weiss deli, looking at a map, out past Eastern Ave. Via Sunset. PGD? Is that the right place?

That was the place I was going to suggest. I live about 5 minutes away from there and eat there every month or two. There food is pretty good but it may be slightly overpriced.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
August 24th, 2016 at 7:18:35 PM permalink
Quote: RS

RE: Flying and stuff.

For those of us who have had the pleasure of flying Spirit airlines, ya know they nickel and dime you for everything. Drinks and food on flight cost money. They charge for checked baggage as well as carry on. (I've never had a problem, carrying a backpack sized bag and a laptop case, though.)

That's all fine and dandy. And sure you'd rather have more leg-room, but for a cheaper flight, some of us (i.e.: the sick and twisted animal who books my flights) don't care about leg space if it's cheaper, if you gotta pay $20 for a couple drinks and $20 more for food, plus no wifi on flight. But whatever.

One problem with Spirit is, they are oftentimes late. Okay, that's not so bad, especially if you're frequently late. But a problem is if they over-book the flight and you gotta wait for the next one. Might not seem bad, you think, wait another hour or so, sure it sucks but whatever. NOPE! Spirit airlines doesn't have non-stop flights like the bigger airlines do. They may have 1 or 2 flights a day to your destination.....sometimes only 2 or 3 in a week. No, they don't make a deal with other airlines to switch you over onto southwest or alleging or whatever other airlines has a flight going there.....you just gotta wait.

If you're lucky, IF YOURE LUCKY, they'll pay for a hotel for you and transportation to/from. But, chances are, you'll be stuck on your own -- either paying for your own hotel (which might be 2-3 nights) or living in the airport for 2-3 days. The sad part is, they don't even care, either.

http://www.spiritairlinesfacts.com

QQ nub
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
shrimpboatcapt
shrimpboatcapt
  • Threads: 8
August 25th, 2016 at 11:56:38 AM permalink
@beachbumbabs
@DRich

Thanks guys, will give it a try. I'm not sure why, maybe its the salt, but once I eat some good kosher food it's all I crave for the next week.
  • Jump to: