Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
March 6th, 2018 at 2:34:10 PM permalink
Trump's top economic advisor resigns.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
March 6th, 2018 at 2:43:39 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Trump's top economic advisor resigns.

He had one?
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
March 6th, 2018 at 7:13:36 PM permalink
Just search Google for "Obama not my president" and you will get product links, columns, news reports, etc. Hannity said it too.
Maverick17
Maverick17
  • Threads: 17
Thanked by
AZDuffman
March 7th, 2018 at 10:55:15 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Quote: beachbumbabs

Quote: Maverick17

Quote: ams288

Those of us who don't drink the Orange Kool-Aid knew this was a fake "John Barron"-planted story. But for those naive enough to think otherwise:

Witness deflates Trump's claim that he stopped bat beating in 1991: 'He came at the tail end of the event'

When YOUR PRESIDENT wants something done, even in 1991, it gets done. And when YOUR PRESIDENT doesn't have to coddle politicians He gets it done fast.

Of course He came at the tail end of the event. How else would one think it ended?

YOUR PRESIDENT said to stop the beating, the beating stopped, and the "event" ended.

Is English your first language?

Personal insult?

Of course it is. There is no need for a question mark at the end of your statement. No need at all.

I told a poster that his google skills were poor, and was banned for a week.

When I questioned it I was told by the Wiz I was being a bully and I would be banned if I bullied more.

But a green name makes an insult, and not only does nothing negative happen to said green name, but both terapined and ams288 pile on with the same tactics. Exactly what a school yard bully and their friends do, pick on people in mass.
Statistics don't lie, they deceive.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 7th, 2018 at 11:01:12 AM permalink
U.S. Steel to Call Back 500 Employees to Illinois Plant After Trump Announces Tariffs on Foreign Steel

PITTSBURGH, March 07, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- United States Steel Corporation (NYSE:X) announced today it will restart one of two blast furnaces (“B” blast furnace) and the steelmaking facilities at its Granite City Works, an integrated steelmaking plant in Granite City, Ill. The additional capacity will support anticipated increased demand for steel in the United States.

http://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/03/07/1417554/0/en/United-States-Steel-to-Restart-Granite-City-Works-Blast-Furnace-Steelmaking-Facilities.html

WINNING!
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
March 7th, 2018 at 11:17:32 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

U.S. Steel to Call Back 500 Employees to Illinois Plant After Trump Announces Tariffs on Foreign Steel

PITTSBURGH, March 07, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- United States Steel Corporation (NYSE:X) announced today it will restart one of two blast furnaces (“B” blast furnace) and the steelmaking facilities at its Granite City Works, an integrated steelmaking plant in Granite City, Ill. The additional capacity will support anticipated increased demand for steel in the United States.

http://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/03/07/1417554/0/en/United-States-Steel-to-Restart-Granite-City-Works-Blast-Furnace-Steelmaking-Facilities.html

WINNING!

500 workers ?
ROTFL
Thousands in manufacturing will lose their jobs
its called
LOSING
lol
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
terapined
terapined
March 7th, 2018 at 11:24:26 AM permalink

Those of us who don't drink the Orange Kool-Aid knew this was a fake "John Barron"-planted story. But for those naive enough to think otherwise:

Witness deflates Trump's claim that he stopped bat beating in 1991: 'He came at the tail end of the event'

When YOUR PRESIDENT wants something done, even in 1991, it gets done. And when YOUR PRESIDENT doesn't have to coddle politicians He gets it done fast.

Of course He came at the tail end of the event. How else would one think it ended?

YOUR PRESIDENT said to stop the beating, the beating stopped, and the "event" ended.

Personal insult?

Of course it is. There is no need for a question mark at the end of your statement. No need at all.

When I questioned it I was told by the Wiz I was being a bully and I would be banned if I bullied more.

But a green name makes an insult, and not only does nothing negative happen to said green name, but both terapined and ams288 pile on with the same tactics. Exactly what a school yard bully and their friends do, pick on people in mass.

I just thought it was weird that you used "YOUR PRESIDENT" to rub in libs faces
yet
you never spoke about Hannity saying Obama was not his President
So you are ok with Hannity saying not my President but Libs cant say it?
ams288
ams288
March 7th, 2018 at 11:44:13 AM permalink

Sounds like YOUR FORUM ADMINISTRATOR doesn't want to put up with whiny posts.
terapined
terapined
Thanked by
ams288gamerfreak
March 7th, 2018 at 11:53:18 AM permalink

[Of course it is. There is no need for a question mark at the end of your statement. No need at all.

Banned for complaining about google skills?????????
I actually found the post that you got suspended on and its pretty disgusting

Whatever happened to the dozen or so lying sluts who said your President raped them?

Your President-Elect becomes your President, and all those c-words shut their cock holsters right up is what happened, because they are liars.

Suspension warranted due to language
Last edited by: terapined on Mar 7, 2018
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
March 7th, 2018 at 11:56:04 AM permalink

WINNING!

lol

There are about 142,000 Americans that work in the steel-producing industry. There are about 6.5 million that work in the steel-consuming industries. Do the math.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 7th, 2018 at 12:02:36 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

WINNING!

lol

There are about 142,000 Americans that work in the steel-producing industry. There are about 6.5 million that work in the steel-consuming industries. Do the math.

EvenBob
EvenBob
March 7th, 2018 at 12:08:19 PM permalink

There are about 142,000 Americans that work in the steel-producing industry

500 is how it begins. Those 500 have
an average of 3 people depending
on that persons income. That's
1500 who benefit. Add to that the
local businesses where the income is
spent. Add to that the burden it removes
from gov't for every person now working
and not collecting food stamps.

I know the Obama Libs screamed with
delight every time people were laid off,
they peed their pants at how wonderful
the 'new normal' was. Now that it's
slowly going in the other direction, the
blood pressure is making them bug eyed..
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 7th, 2018 at 12:12:51 PM permalink

LOL. Longest private sector job growth in history under Barack Obama. Trump has continued that trend and deserves credit for not f**king it up.

Your second paragraph is complete nonsense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 7th, 2018 at 12:18:08 PM permalink

Libs don't like steel, same as they hated when coal mines opened. Steel is "dirty."
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
March 7th, 2018 at 12:39:53 PM permalink

Libs don't like steel, same as they hated when coal mines opened. Steel is "dirty."

Even "stainless" steel?
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
petroglyph
March 7th, 2018 at 12:42:55 PM permalink

. Longest private sector job growth in history under Barack Obama

It's amazing what you can make the
numbers look like when you don't
count everybody who is unemployed.

Don't Be Fooled, The Obama Unemployment Rate Is 11%

"In the latest, much celebrated, unemployment report, the labor force participation rate had plummeted to 63.7%, the most rapid decline in U.S. history. That means that under President Obama nearly 5 million Americans have fled the workforce in hopeless despair.
The trick is that when those 5 million are not counted as in the work force, they are not counted as unemployed either. They may desperately need and want jobs. They may be in poverty, as many undoubtedly are, with America suffering today more people in poverty than in the entire half century the Census Bureau has been counting poverty. But they are not even counted in that 8.3% unemployment rate that Obama and his media cheerleaders were so tirelessly celebrating last week.

If they were counted, the unemployment rate today would be a far more realistic 11%, better reflecting the suffering in the real economy under Obamanomics."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012/02/09/dont-be-fooled-the-obama-unemployment-rate-is-11/#7e611db96781
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
Romes
March 7th, 2018 at 12:48:22 PM permalink

It's amazing what you can make the
numbers look like when you don't
count everybody who is unemployed.

Don't Be Fooled, The Obama Unemployment Rate Is 11%

"In the latest, much celebrated, unemployment report, the labor force participation rate had plummeted to 63.7%, the most rapid decline in U.S. history. That means that under President Obama nearly 5 million Americans have fled the workforce in hopeless despair.
The trick is that when those 5 million are not counted as in the work force, they are not counted as unemployed either. They may desperately need and want jobs. They may be in poverty, as many undoubtedly are, with America suffering today more people in poverty than in the entire half century the Census Bureau has been counting poverty. But they are not even counted in that 8.3% unemployment rate that Obama and his media cheerleaders were so tirelessly celebrating last week.

If they were counted, the unemployment rate today would be a far more realistic 11%, better reflecting the suffering in the real economy under Obamanomics."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012/02/09/dont-be-fooled-the-obama-unemployment-rate-is-11/#7e611db96781

LOL, the labor force participation rate is practically unchanged since Trump's election. You are literally celebrating the SAME ECONOMY today that we had under Barack Obama.

Get real dude.

That article is 6 years old, lol. Here is an updated picture:

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/01/trumps-numbers/

It's amazing you don't hear about the 3 million MORE people on food stamps since Jan 20, 2017.
Maverick17
Maverick17
March 7th, 2018 at 1:03:48 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

[Of course it is. There is no need for a question mark at the end of your statement. No need at all.

Banned for complaining about google skills?????????
I actually found the post that you got suspended on and its pretty disgusting

Suspension warranted due to language

I was never suspended for that comment.

I was, HOWEVER, retroactively non-punished for that comment after I was excessively banned for a week for telling someone they googled poorly.

But you knew all that already, and just want to justify your inappropriate actions.
boymimbo
boymimbo
March 7th, 2018 at 1:09:36 PM permalink

WINNING!

You realize that US Steel bought out one of Canada's three major steelmakers (StelCo), then proceeded to shut the plants down (throwing 2,700 out of work) and moved production back to Gary, IN. They also screwed the pension plan. My dad was severely affected.

Brookings - how imports help the US Steel Industry

Losing.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
ams288
ams288
March 7th, 2018 at 1:18:39 PM permalink

I was never suspended for that comment.

I was, HOWEVER, retroactively non-punished for that comment after I was excessively banned for a week for telling someone they googled poorly.

But you knew all that already, and just want to justify your inappropriate actions.

What the heck does "retroactively non-punished" mean?

Luckily for everyone, we have a suspension list. You have no case here.
boymimbo
boymimbo
March 7th, 2018 at 1:26:33 PM permalink
Yeah, if you read the DASL 2, you'll see that it appeared that BBB suspended M17 well after he made his comment about the c-s**ts which led M17 to believe that he was suspended for something else that he said.

Whatevs.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 7th, 2018 at 1:29:45 PM permalink

It's amazing you don't hear about the 3 million MORE people on food stamps since Jan 20, 2017.

The Number of People on Food Stamps is Falling. Here’s Why
By Max Kutner On 7/22/17

The number of Americans receiving benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), commonly referred to as food stamps, continues to drop, according to the latest numbers released by the United States Department of Agriculture, which oversees the program.

As of July 7 2017, 42.6 million Americans were receiving SNAP benefits during the current fiscal year, down from 44.2 million in 2016. The 2017 figure is the lowest since 2010, when 40.3 million people were on food stamps.

http://www.newsweek.com/people-food-stamps-snap-decline-participation-640500
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
Thanked by
AZDuffman
March 7th, 2018 at 1:34:01 PM permalink
"It's amazing you don't hear about the 3 million MORE people on food stamps since Jan 20, 2017."

It is amazing that you didn't read the article that you linked to to see why 3 million more people are on food stamps. Food stamps were part of the federal government’s disaster relief efforts for hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria. Between August and October, nearly 4.6 million people were added to the SNAP (food stamp) rolls. If you do not count the addition due to the hurricanes, 1.6 million LESS people would be on food stamps.
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
March 7th, 2018 at 1:41:24 PM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

"It's amazing you don't hear about the 3 million MORE people on food stamps since Jan 20, 2017."

It is amazing that you didn't read the article that you linked to to see why 3 million more people are on food stamps. Food stamps were part of the federal government’s disaster relief efforts for hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria. Between August and October, nearly 4.6 million people were added to the SNAP (food stamp) rolls. If you do not count the addition due to the hurricanes, 1.6 million LESS people would be on food stamps.

Plus 1 for catching him and calling him on it.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
March 7th, 2018 at 1:47:57 PM permalink

Good to know you’re on the side of the government raising taxes to help spread the wealth around
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 7th, 2018 at 1:58:12 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Plus 1 for catching him and calling him on it.

Catch me on it and call me on it. Please do. I would love to have fact-based debates on what's going on. I didn't read the entire article, no. But the fact that we were able to get a couple conservatives to check out factcheck.org is a success! Trade your Breitbart bookmark for factcheck.org and we might get somewhere!

But it is funny. Obama inherited a disaster of an economy. Millions lost jobs and as a result, SNAP's enrollment grew. Fox and Hannity continued to call him the Food Stamp president as a result, even though that number started to decline as the economy recovered and gained steam. They STILL called him the Food Stamp president. They STILL cited the LPR as some kind of proof that the job market was misleading.

Now, literally in the same economy, everything is golden?

Ridiculous.

The truth is that Trump inherited a STRONG economy from his predecessor and he deserves credit for keeping the momentum.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
March 7th, 2018 at 2:00:38 PM permalink

yet

I didn't even know this was a "thing". I rarely watch any kind of news on TV, but was saying "Obama's not my president" or similar something often said by Hannity or others? Of all the "not my president" comments, what percentage do you think were from anti-Obama people during the Obama administration compared to anti-Trump people during the Trump administration? Is it even close? Or was this comment by Hannity an off the beaten path comment?

@Maverick17, don't forget the ultimatum "If that person isn't suspended/banned, then _______" tactic.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
RS
March 7th, 2018 at 2:17:12 PM permalink

The truth is that Trump inherited a STRONG economy from his predecessor

And this is why the company who
makes Kool Aid will never go out
of business.. Too many willing
drinkers.
terapined
terapined
March 7th, 2018 at 2:20:37 PM permalink
Quote: RS

yet

I didn't even know this was a "thing".

I did not think its much of a thing
Conservatives say Obama is not my President, I yawn
Libs say Trump is not my President, I yawn again

I only posted the Hannity video because Maverick seemed offended by Libs saying Trump is not my President
He was so offended, he had to yell "YOUR PRESIDENT"
The video is just to show both sides say the same meaningless thing and Maverick17 should not feel offended
In the end, its much ado about nothing
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 7th, 2018 at 2:32:45 PM permalink

Personal insult?

ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL---BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
March 7th, 2018 at 2:57:29 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Of all the "not my president" comments, what percentage do you think were from anti-Obama people during the Obama administration compared to anti-Trump people during the Trump administration? Is it even close?

I'd guess Trump has been insulted 4 times as much as any modern president. And well-deserved, I might add.

But ridiculous crap comes out of the White House, almost daily -- so it doesn't make him overly pummeled.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
petroglyph
petroglyph
Thanked by
SOOPOO
March 7th, 2018 at 3:16:37 PM permalink

Catch me on it and call me on it. Please do.

I hear you. I'd be embarrassed, but not swearing I'm completely innocent myself. lol

Quote:

I would love to have fact-based debates on what's going on. I didn't read the entire article, no. But the fact that we were able to get a couple conservatives to check out factcheck.org is a success! Trade your Breitbart bookmark for factcheck.org and we might get somewhere!

Not sure if you mean a personal dig toward myself or not, but I am none of these things. I've read Bart maybe 6 times total?

Quote:

But it is funny. Obama inherited a disaster of an economy.

It's not funny, it's an American tragedy. I knew BHO was pulling a scam when he campaigned before 08. Sorry my fellow Americans couldn't see they were being duped, scammed, played, tricked, taken to the cleaners. Taken out to the woodshed. BHO got elected because Americans were so sick of GWB, that they would vote for anything, just for a change, just as DJT got elected because America was so sick of Obama. Thats how it rolls now. To bad the people can't think for themselves and are locked into the two party belief system.

Yep, O inherited a disaster after the multi trillion obfuscation of Iraq and Afg., no doubt. About 8 T national debt. and he couldn't stop the runaway train. But he was at the helm, when it ran up to over 20 trillion dollars, which will never be paid. Obama like W before him chose Wall street over main street. The 13T bailout of the TBTF banks as an economic move, had it been given to main street instead, would have paid off every morgage in America. Can you imagine what that would do for the economy, if no one had a house payment, and were secure in their homes?

Quote:

Millions lost jobs and as a result, SNAP's enrollment grew.

For a few years after Nafta, Gatt and WTO, American factory's were leaving at the rate of 50 thousand factory's....per month!!!! You don't have to be an economics professor to know that is a disaster for this country. Not only did manufacturing go to Mexico and Asia, but the corporations were paid by the gov. to do so. BHO extended UI benefits claims up to two years and liberalized food stamps, good on him.

But he also campaigned on getting us out of Iraq [which never happened], out of Afg, which never happened, [while opium production surged 3000%], close Guantanamo, [didn't happen, being remodeled] call the bankers to task for their scheming destruction of the world economy by means of synthetic CDO's, didn't happen, and the world economy is spiraling. The whole system is based on fraud. Trump was going to do some of that as well. We'll see. He is having a hard time getting going with the constant barrage of those that are entrenched in the status quo.
Quote:

Fox and Hannity continued to call him the Food Stamp president as a result, even though that number started to decline as the economy recovered and gained steam. They STILL called him the Food Stamp president. They STILL cited the LPR as some kind of proof that the job market was misleading.

LPR, http://www.entnet.org/content/what-lpr ?

Don't watch Fox or Hannity, I'm pro safety net. I give Obama credit for making stamps easier for displaced Americans, not disdain. But I am pissed at him for continuing the NDAA. I'm dismayed that he didn't do more for black people. He has set the progress for blacks further back, and caused more obstacles for their enrichment than Sherman ever did. He screwed 'em. He had a chance to go down in history as a great black leader, equal to MLK only with the power of the POTUS. Nobody should be angrier with him than black people IMO, for enriching himself, and letting everyone else hang. There won't be another black male president for a hundred years. I do credit him for the nuke agreement with Iran, which was way preferable to war. Seems Trump is reversing that?

Quote:

Now, literally in the same economy, everything is golden?

Of course not. We are serving the same masters. Nice to see at least some rhetoric about Americans first.
I'm amazed that N. Korea might come to the table. US steel firing up a furnace? I'm stoked about that.
Maverick17
Maverick17
March 7th, 2018 at 4:59:50 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Yeah, if you read the DASL 2, you'll see that it appeared that BBB suspended M17 well after he made his comment about the c-s**ts which led M17 to believe that he was suspended for something else that he said.

Whatevs.

I appreciate the remembering.

ams288 remembers too,

terapined remembers too,

That's why they scrolled right past facts to create their own.
terapined
terapined
March 7th, 2018 at 5:29:00 PM permalink

ams288 remembers too,

terapined remembers too,

Sorry I am not reading every post you made in the past. Sorry but your posts are not that memorable.
Just did a quick search and found this

Whatever happened to the dozen or so lying sluts who said your President raped them?

Your President-Elect becomes your President, and all those c-words shut their cock holsters right up is what happened, because they are liars.

This is way beyond a PG comment. 7 days.

I am not creating facts
Your comment and BBB comment is simply copy and paste of existing facts. No creation
Maverick17
Maverick17
March 7th, 2018 at 6:09:40 PM permalink

Sorry I am not reading every post you made in the past. Sorry but your posts are not that memorable.
Just did a quick search and found this

I am not creating facts
Your comment and BBB comment is simply copy and paste of existing facts. No creation

OF COURSE you remember. Why else would you have to deflect?
ams288
ams288
March 7th, 2018 at 6:26:24 PM permalink

ams288 remembers too,

terapined remembers too,

Sorry, besides the weird "YOUR PRESIDENT" thing you always do, you're not that memorable to me.

I didn't create any facts. The Suspension list was quite clear in regards to your two suspensions.
  • Threads: 31
Thanked by
ams288Romes
March 8th, 2018 at 6:55:54 AM permalink
The gall of Trump’s potential obstruction of justice.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/03/08/the-gall-of-trumps-latest-interference-in-the-russia-probe/?utm_term=.069088529785

Here is a notable comment from user Centralscritinizer in the comment section of a recent article in the Washington Post about the racist, rapist, sexist, scam artist and conman Trump's potential obstruction of justice. .

How does a wannabe dictator who is a failed casino owner and washed–up reality TV show host who admires authoritarians like Xi, Duterte, Erdogan, Putin and Al-Sissi, who has openly threatened an equally unhinged authoritarian with nuclear war, who has declared bankruptcy six times, whose businesses have been in more than 3500 legal disputes, who paid a porn star hush money about an affair that took place while his wife was caring for his infant third son, who has suggested that he finds his own eldest daughter sexually attractive, who’s openly bragged about grabbing women’s genitalia, whose campaign and transitional staffs had countless "unusual" meetings with Russians, who violates the Emoluments clause and other governmental ethical practices on a daily basis and who has lied more than 2000 times since taking office earn your undying adoration and devotion?
boymimbo
boymimbo
March 8th, 2018 at 8:10:48 AM permalink
Quote: 777

The gall of Trump’s potential obstruction of justice.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/03/08/the-gall-of-trumps-latest-interference-in-the-russia-probe/?utm_term=.069088529785

Here is a notable comment from user Centralscritinizer in the comment section of a recent article in the Washington Post about the racist, rapist, sexist, scam artist and conman Trump's potential obstruction of justice. .

How does a wannabe dictator who is a failed casino owner and washed–up reality TV show host who admires authoritarians like Xi, Duterte, Erdogan, Putin and Al-Sissi, who has openly threatened an equally unhinged authoritarian with nuclear war, who has declared bankruptcy six times, whose businesses have been in more than 3500 legal disputes, who paid a porn star hush money about an affair that took place while his wife was caring for his infant third son, who has suggested that he finds his own eldest daughter sexually attractive, who’s openly bragged about grabbing women’s genitalia, whose campaign and transitional staffs had countless "unusual" meetings with Russians, who violates the Emoluments clause and other governmental ethical practices on a daily basis and who has lied more than 2000 times since taking office earn your undying adoration and devotion?

Blind faith.
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 8th, 2018 at 9:39:54 AM permalink
Stupidity.
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 8th, 2018 at 9:57:12 AM permalink

It's not funny, it's an American tragedy. I knew BHO was pulling a scam when he campaigned before 08. Sorry my fellow Americans couldn't see they were being duped, scammed, played, tricked, taken to the cleaners. Taken out to the woodshed. BHO got elected because Americans were so sick of GWB, that they would vote for anything, just for a change, just as DJT got elected because America was so sick of Obama. Thats how it rolls now. To bad the people can't think for themselves and are locked into the two party belief system.

Yes, Americans were sick of GWB. But we were also sick of the Republican party as they were in the driver's seat during the economic crash and two unpopular wars. Remember McCain, "the fundamentals of our economy are strong." You might as well have thrown the election to O right then and there. Taken to the cleaners? lol, nah. I'll take Obama's campaign promise record. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/ , with ZERO help from the other side.

Americans knew what we were getting. We weren't duped. He won re-election easily. First candidate to receive 51% of the popular vote twice since 1956.

Yep, O inherited a disaster after the multi trillion obfuscation of Iraq and Afg., no doubt. About 8 T national debt. and he couldn't stop the runaway train. But he was at the helm, when it ran up to over 20 trillion dollars

The national debt was 10.6T (don't be embarrassed, lol) when he was sworn in and was just under 20T when he left. You can measure debt in a variety of ways to attribute just how much each President is reponsible for. You can just add and subtract what it was when he was sworn in from when he left. But the fairest way to do it is analyze how the President's individual policies added to it. It's not really fair to blame Obama for less federal income than usual because of the recession and Bush tax cuts. And Congress controls the purse strings anyway.

But he also campaigned on getting us out of Iraq [which never happened],

Tell that to the conservatives who blamed him for ISIS because we left Iraq. Then have them google the Status of Forces Agreement.

I'm dismayed that he didn't do more for black people. He has set the progress for blacks further back, and caused more obstacles for their enrichment than Sherman ever did. He screwed 'em. He had a chance to go down in history as a great black leader, equal to MLK only with the power of the POTUS. Nobody should be angrier with him than black people IMO, for enriching himself, and letting everyone else hang. There won't be another black male president for a hundred years.

Why don't we let African-Americans decide for themselves if Obama was black enough for them.
boymimbo
boymimbo
March 8th, 2018 at 10:33:38 AM permalink
Certainly Obama's leadership was curtailed via his inability to raise revenue via taxes and the senate's insistence that spending measures could not be taken. It all went out the window however with Trump's election and the deficit is projected to hit 1T this fiscal year, and for no good reason.

I have yet to see anyone on the forum defend that deficit.

I do agree with many of Obama's criticisms and failures, however, are on him. Iraq is now under control however due to Obama returning logistical help to the country (see Chain of Command on National Georgraphic for a detailed look). Afghanistan is now Trump's concern but it's the same issue - a country that can't govern itself. He certainly should give back his Nobel Peace price as he was as warmongering a president as anyone, turning to drone technology to kill people.

GitMo is not closed and contains 41 prisoners. That is an embarassment, in my opinion, as Obama started with 242 at the start of his terms. Only one has gone on trial -- a human rights abuse of the wildest proportions.

And ObamaCare was a disaster because it didn't go far enough to reduce medical costs overall, which would make Healthcare more affordable to all.

And most of all, Obama promised hope and change. He did not deliver on that lofty promise. To me, he was a disappointment.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
March 8th, 2018 at 11:00:56 AM permalink

More details on that....

Quote:

out of Afg, which never happened,

And that...

Quote:

close Guantanamo, [didn't happen, being remodeled]

No, but he reduced the prison population from 242 to 41.

Furthermore, Congress fought against him to close it, and even passed a measure preventing it, which Obama signed into law as a compromise within the context of a larger defense bill.

So, no, Obama didn't keep all of his campaign promises exactly to the letter, but he did a lot of compromising and work TOWARDS those goals, which shouldn't be looked on as a bad thing.

Quote:

, and the world economy is spiraling.

Spiraling UP? Too fast? Is that what you're worried about?

Global economic outlook

Global recovery

More Global recovery

Global economic growth
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
March 8th, 2018 at 11:04:56 AM permalink

To me, he was a disappointment.

Yes, because people gave him too much credit, and hyped him up way too much. He was a mediocre caretaker President, nothing more, nothing less. Certainly no "savior," but he also didn't "destroy" the country like the right wing media would have us believe.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 8th, 2018 at 11:10:01 AM permalink

Americans knew what we were getting. We weren't duped. He won re-election easily. First candidate to receive 51% of the popular vote twice since 1956.

And one of the only ones ever to win by a narrower margin and get less votes than the first time he won. I would not call it "easy." If not for Sandy and good, last-minute coverage we might have had a POTUS Romney.

If we had, we would not have had the embarrassment of another 4 years of Obama.
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 8th, 2018 at 11:12:15 AM permalink

And most of all, Obama promised hope and change. He did not deliver on that lofty promise.

I agree. He was pretty naive to the amount of obstruction the Republican Party would place on their own ideas they championed for decades.
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 8th, 2018 at 11:19:25 AM permalink

And one of the only ones ever to win by a narrower margin and get less votes than the first time he won. I would not call it "easy." If not for Sandy and good, last-minute coverage we might have had a POTUS Romney.

If we had, we would not have had the embarrassment of another 4 years of Obama.

http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/results/main/

Won the popular vote by 5 million and smashed the electoral map? I guess it wasn't the Dick Morris predicted landslide for Romney, but it sure looked like smooth sailing for O.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 8th, 2018 at 11:38:17 AM permalink

I agree. He was pretty naive to the amount of obstruction the Republican Party would place on their own ideas they championed for decades.

He was not ready for the job. All his political life he never needed the other party. His first 2 years he pissed in the well, then got upset when he had to drink from it.
petroglyph
petroglyph
March 8th, 2018 at 12:11:29 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

More details on that....

Do you want to claim the green zone closed the most expensive embassy in the world? What happened as far as troops went was, that is when America switched to private contractors from regular forces. Remember Blackwater? What happens now in Iraq, stays in Iraq. Private contractors and mercenarys are immune to foia requests. Now Iran and the Shia control Bagdad. But I think this will be lost on you.

Quote:

And that...

That whole link is just stupid kool aid drinking drivel, and I'm not going to waste my time defeating point by point. You are obviously a lib fan, and your mind is made up.
Quote:

close Guantanamo, [didn't happen, being remodeled]

Quote:

No, but he reduced the prison population from

So wtf? christ on a crutch with you people. Obama also resigned the NDAA, and bombed wedding parties and American citizens abroad for no reason what so ever. He probably stopped and helped some old woman across the street sometime to.

Quote:

So, no, Obama didn't keep all of his campaign promises exactly to the letter, but he did a lot of compromising and work TOWARDS those goals, which shouldn't be looked on as a bad thing.

You should, but you won't, look into how many votes were bought with immense pork, to buy votes to pass O care, another bill passed that no one read, but took the moola for their vote. It's double speak writ large. Can't you see there isn't a nickels worth of difference between the two parties?

Quote:

Spiraling UP? Too fast? Is that what you're worried about?

Is that how you usually groc spiraling? Really?
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 8th, 2018 at 12:13:18 PM permalink
Ask Republican state legislators in Illinois if he ever "needed" them for the 8 years he served in the state Senate. Plenty of bi-partisan compromises on his record.
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 8th, 2018 at 12:26:25 PM permalink

Can't you see there isn't a nickels worth of difference between the two parties?

Ridiculous. There is a WORLD of difference between the two parties.
  • Jump to: