FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 210
February 3rd, 2017 at 3:55:53 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

on his big "wins" he usually bets both sides to generate the big winning ticket.

Yeah, that is like these horse race guys, they reach into their pocket and produce a winning two dollar ticket... but its often a different pocket each time. You are supposed to notice their winning ticket, but not notice that they obviously have a two dollar ticket in every pocket and are just trying to set you up as a mark.

Take two sides .... major action.... publicize the winning ticket, keep silent about the hedge....then sell your "skills".
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 44
Thanks for this post from:
Zourah
February 3rd, 2017 at 7:11:56 PM permalink
What ever happened to Steve Stevens? Now that guy was a trip! Entertaining show though.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 80
February 3rd, 2017 at 7:31:16 PM permalink
If he buys both sides of a $55k bet, he loses $5k but probably makes that back in people buying his picks and I'm sure people like Vegas Dave probably enjoys the limelight and celebrity from the facade of a "pro gambler". If this is true he's a marketing genius, but a winning sports bettor, maybe not.

Never understood wanting to be famous as a pro gambler..... the more people know about you, and you're legit the less money you'll make.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
Zourah
Zourah
  • Threads: 4
February 3rd, 2017 at 7:33:23 PM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

What ever happened to Steve Stevens? Now that guy was a trip! Entertaining show though.

If you were in on the joke that was the best show on TV
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
Thanks for this post from:
TropicalElectri
February 3rd, 2017 at 7:47:01 PM permalink
I just read in what looks to be a self written pr article on his website... he says he has 7000 customers.. Cmon man! This guy is really over the top with everything. If he were making so much with his own betting, he wouldnt need to con people into buying his services.

Although, if you did have 7000 customers, you make up a second handicapper name, like Johnny DeMarco! You give 50% of your clients Johnny DeMarco for one side of the picks, and the other 50% Vegas Dave's other side picks. After the game you will have 3500 winners happy as shit. Now repeat with the next game... this will bring you to 1750 winners at 2-0....and so on and so on until you get around a dozen people that are 10-0 who think you are the shit and will pay you big bucks for your big big play... fly them to vegas and have them bet their house on a game and you take 50% of the winnings ..lol Isnt that the deal Steve Stevens made with his players?

All a scam. The one guy I enjoy listening to and think he is legit is Brandon Lang... 'two for the money' movie guy. He is trying to win for people and knows sports. Look you are not going to win every bet. Even the bets that perhaps should win, dont.. and vice versa.
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 47
February 3rd, 2017 at 8:58:04 PM permalink
We were talking about his blackjack skills. I have no idea if he was touting anything but himself at the time. It was when they had a gambling show on prime time.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 8
February 4th, 2017 at 8:33:46 AM permalink
How do we know he is betting both sides of each game and showing only the winning tickets? I've run into him twice, first time he was betting $10,000 on the Royals at 20-1 the year they won the World Series. The other time was last years playoffs he was betting big on the Broncos. Only other thing I've heard about him was Misha Tate saying he picked up a $2000 tab of hers after he bet big on her as a big underdog. Based on those vignettes, my skepticism does not automatically turn into dismissiveness.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 210
February 4th, 2017 at 10:49:12 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

Never understood wanting to be famous as a pro gambler..... the more people know about you, and you're legit the less money you'll make.

Yeah, a pro gambler walks into a sports book and the lines change. He will need beards to get his bets down if he gets to be 'known', but sucker lists are just marketing tools.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
February 4th, 2017 at 1:15:10 PM permalink
Has anyone here used a sports handicapping service ? If so, how did it work out?
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 118
February 5th, 2017 at 7:31:20 PM permalink
Ha .... total clown- pulled his Instagram account down -

Went silent in the fourth quarter on social media

There went his life
NOW HIRING!!!! REQUEST INFO VIA PM

• Jump to: