Thread Rating:

wudged
wudged
  • Threads: 2
December 20th, 2013 at 7:51:05 AM permalink
Anybody else have a suspicion these slot games are actually +EV as a ploy to lure you into real slot machines?

It seems as long as I don't "overbet my bankroll" my chip total just keeps going up and up. And no it's not because of the free chip pickups. I usually only collect the chips at the start of the workday, load a game, and then every once in a while hit the auto-spin. Almost every day I either go up or remain close to even.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
December 20th, 2013 at 1:32:24 PM permalink
I screwed myself from logging in from Vegas IPs..... Now I have to create a new account. Make sure you use a proxy if you are on vacation here and want to log in for your daily spins. I was told there was nothing I could do regarding this permanent change.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
gpac1377
gpac1377
  • Threads: 8
December 20th, 2013 at 3:06:45 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

I screwed myself from logging in from Vegas IPs..... Now I have to create a new account. Make sure you use a proxy if you are on vacation here and want to log in for your daily spins. I was told there was nothing I could do regarding this permanent change.

Oh Fudgems! I wasn't expecting that.

Apparently they tagged me when I logged in on vacation. (I've been on vacation here in Vegas for 5 years ....)
"Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 feet per second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter."
KC
KC
  • Threads: 0
December 20th, 2013 at 3:15:35 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

Whoa. I haven't read all the fine print, but we can't even login to play/spin? I know a lot of the rewards exclude Nevada residents, but just the simple gameplay and spins do as well?
gpac1377
gpac1377
December 20th, 2013 at 3:19:03 PM permalink
Quote: KC

Whoa. I haven't read all the fine print, but we can't even login to play/spin? I know a lot of the rewards exclude Nevada residents, but just the simple gameplay and spins do as well?

You can still play. The only difference (to my knowledge) is that locals see an abbreviated menu of rewards. (Which is a big difference.)
"Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 feet per second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter."
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
December 20th, 2013 at 3:32:51 PM permalink
Quote: wudged

Anybody else have a suspicion these slot games are actually +EV as a ploy to lure you into real slot machines?

It seems as long as I don't "overbet my bankroll" my chip total just keeps going up and up. And no it's not because of the free chip pickups. I usually only collect the chips at the start of the workday, load a game, and then every once in a while hit the auto-spin. Almost every day I either go up or remain close to even.

not for me they are not. I run out of chips every day. However I am probably over betting.

Yesterday I started with 60,000 chips so I did a bet of 600 and auto spin for 100. I ended up spinning about 900 times before I was broke.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
KC
KC
December 20th, 2013 at 3:36:05 PM permalink
Quote: gpac1377

You can still play. The only difference (to my knowledge) is that locals see an abbreviated menu of rewards. (Which is a big difference.)

I'm a little confused and this would probably be good info for me to have before I leave for Vegas on Sunday. So if I spin, on either mobile app or web/FB, they might flag or suspend my account? Are there any warnings before it happens?
GWAE
GWAE
December 20th, 2013 at 3:57:02 PM permalink
if you are on facebook you should join this group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/friendsofmyvegas/

there are tons of people on there that know the ins and outs of the game. They would know the answer to your questions.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
December 20th, 2013 at 4:01:26 PM permalink

I stopped playing a long time ago (I should really spend my $600 worth of LP) but there is no way that those games were +EV. Every day I would lose all my chips. They seem to have a house edge of about 10%

If the games were +EV then you could play indefinitely, and earn LP indefinitely, and get a lot of comps. That would cost them too much.
gpac1377
gpac1377
December 20th, 2013 at 5:08:09 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

if you are on facebook you should join this group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/friendsofmyvegas/

Excellent suggestion. There's two or three huge groups on Facebook, but you have to wait for approval to join, and the Facebook interface is ... unique.

Quote: KC

I'm a little confused and this would probably be good info for me to have before I leave for Vegas on Sunday. So if I spin, on either mobile app or web/FB, they might flag or suspend my account? Are there any warnings before it happens?

The risk is that they flag you as a local, restricting your reward availability. In the past, you would always revert back to normal as soon as you returned home and logged in from your non-Vegas location.

Interestingly, I logged off & on a few times, connecting through a non-Vegas IP address, and I'm now once again seeing the full rewards.
tringlomane
tringlomane
December 20th, 2013 at 7:36:10 PM permalink

Crystal Math did some math on the older games. He said they were approximately 90% return. In your case, you could be collecting more chips per day vs. the amount you're expected to lose wagering. You could also be on some extended heater too I suppose. They act like 90% slots to me...

Also anyone thinking about buying the room at mirage between now and Feb. for 15,000 LP, keep in mind it is NOT refundable. I screwed that up. :(
gpac1377
gpac1377
December 21st, 2013 at 7:38:07 AM permalink
Regarding the return percentages, you'll find detailed analysis on the Facebook groups.

For example if you join MyVegas Friends and click FILES, you'll see PDF documents titled "Statistical Analysis of ..."

Based on sample sizes of about 5000 spins per game, the returns were 94.9% for Excalibur 2, 94.76% for Bet the Farm, 91.42% for Mirage, 90.4% for Excalibur, and 88.4% for Luxor.

But I'm very suspicious in general of the programming throughout MyVegas. Some elements appear rigged against the player (e.g., the daily spin), while other aspects are rigged in favor. For example, the Betrock bonus spins always produce a favorable result on the 10th (final) spin if the previous 9 have been inadequate.

So I wouldn't be shocked if they varied the payback percentages on occasion, or possibly by player. I realize I'm sounding very conspiracy theorist-wacko.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ 
  • Threads: 263
December 23rd, 2013 at 3:58:04 AM permalink
So, in the reward fine print it says "This Reward is limited to 1 per myVEGAS player".

I was hoping to see some of the Cirque shows again this year, but I used myVEGAS
rewards to see them last year.

Am I out of luck ?

Any chance the limitation means per 90 days or something like that ? I guess I can
always try to redeem these rewards and see what happens.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
tringlomane
tringlomane
December 23rd, 2013 at 7:57:21 AM permalink

Regarding the return percentages, you'll find detailed analysis on the Facebook groups.

For example if you join MyVegas Friends and click FILES, you'll see PDF documents titled "Statistical Analysis of ..."

Based on sample sizes of about 5000 spins per game, the returns were 94.9% for Excalibur 2, 94.76% for Bet the Farm, 91.42% for Mirage, 90.4% for Excalibur, and 88.4% for Luxor.

But I'm very suspicious in general of the programming throughout MyVegas. Some elements appear rigged against the player (e.g., the daily spin), while other aspects are rigged in favor. For example, the Betrock bonus spins always produce a favorable result on the 10th (final) spin if the previous 9 have been inadequate.

So I wouldn't be shocked if they varied the payback percentages on occasion, or possibly by player. I realize I'm sounding very conspiracy theorist-wacko.

Eh 5000 spins is insignificant. You really have to deconstruct the reels to determine the payback with decent accuracy.

And for bet rock, that game is definitely misleading. The bonus reels on that game are gigantic starting with many additional non wild stops. You need to add about 200 wilds for the reels to be decent.

As for daily spins, yeah they can weight the wheel however they like. They could also change percentages too. I personally seem to do terrible whenever it's double xp day. But I haven't collected data seriously enough to figure out. I just know the game gives me stuff i really don't deserve.

And Johnny, just try to buy the award again. If a new batch of awards exist, you should be able to rebuy it.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ 
December 23rd, 2013 at 6:24:23 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

And Johnny, just try to buy the award again. If a new batch of awards exist, you should be able to rebuy it.

Thanks. I remembered that I could look at my previous redemptions under the REWARDS / MY PURCHASES tabs. I went to a lot of shows last summer, but a couple of those were redeemed on my brother's account. So I think I can see the Cirque Shows I am interested in seeing again afterall. Mrs. Q's account went from rags to riches to rags again, but it was fun while it lasted and a lot of gold chips were racked up there.

myVegas is the second best promotion I think I have ever come across.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
December 23rd, 2013 at 7:10:04 PM permalink

Eh 5000 spins is insignificant. You really have to deconstruct the reels to determine the payback with decent accuracy.

This is true. I was able to obtain the exact reel strips for the games I analyzed. There are many things that cannot be precisely deconstructed. For instance, in the time machine game, the probability of matching a number is not 1 in 10 and in the dolphin game, the hi lo decisions don't follow the expected probability. If there is a request for a specific game, I may consider posting the math.
I heart Crystal Math.
Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
December 23rd, 2013 at 8:13:12 PM permalink
Just a heads up, might want to check any e-mails you have associated with MyVegas. They gave a year-end 25k chip award today.
GWAE
GWAE
December 23rd, 2013 at 9:17:48 PM permalink
The dolphin hi lo drives me crazy. I swear if the number is 4 you should go lower
vinnybagadonuts
vinnybagadonuts
December 25th, 2013 at 10:02:46 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

The dolphin hi lo drives me crazy. I swear if the number is 4 you should go lower

It pays off at odds (I don't know if it's true odds, or just something close), so it really should benefit you if you bet "lower" than 4 and have it hit a couple times. I've gotten to the point where I always go "higher" than 9 and "lower" than 2, because you make more getting just one of those right than you do if you successfully navigate an entire run that goes to the favorite each time.

So I've been doing this for a while and I'm level 150 with 477,673 loyalty points. I'm never gonna get to Vegas. My life has taken a pretty crappy turn. Any way I can monetize this thing?
tringlomane
tringlomane
December 25th, 2013 at 7:19:12 PM permalink
Quote: vinnybagadonuts

It pays off at odds (I don't know if it's true odds, or just something close), so it really should benefit you if you bet "lower" than 4 and have it hit a couple times. I've gotten to the point where I always go "higher" than 9 and "lower" than 2, because you make more getting just one of those right than you do if you successfully navigate an entire run that goes to the favorite each time.

Someone did a study of always picking the "correct" decision vs. always picking the "incorrect" decision (assuming numbers are random, and they probably aren't). Always picking the mathematically correct choice got you a better return, but not by a lot. So the payoff at odds helps make your hi/lo choices matter a lot less than they would in a random number game.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
December 25th, 2013 at 8:29:22 PM permalink

Someone did a study of always picking the "correct" decision vs. always picking the "incorrect" decision (assuming numbers are random, and they probably aren't). Always picking the mathematically correct choice got you a better return, but not by a lot. So the payoff at odds helps make your hi/lo choices matter a lot less than they would in a random number game.

That may have been me. I only had data for 500 bonus rounds for each way, and the volatility of picking the wrong way is very high, so I cannot confidently say that one is better than the other.

I decided to analyze the Bet Rock game, so I'm collecting data now. I think I will be able to reconstruct the exact reels.
I heart Crystal Math.
tringlomane
tringlomane
December 25th, 2013 at 8:33:52 PM permalink
Quote: CrystalMath

That may have been me. I only had data for 500 bonus rounds for each way, and the volatility of picking the wrong way is very high, so I cannot confidently say that one is better than the other.

I decided to analyze the Bet Rock game, so I'm collecting data now. I think I will be able to reconstruct the exact reels.

Yeah, thought it might be you...but it was so long ago and I didn't want to dig up the post!

Awesome! I really will want to see the data between the regular reels and the bonus reels.

Merry Christmas to all you myVegas addicts!
vinnybagadonuts
vinnybagadonuts
December 26th, 2013 at 4:15:01 PM permalink

I can't play the game anymore. I may as well flush my chips. About 10 sessions now have gone from 50k or so to empty without a single Bonus spin.
gpac1377
gpac1377
December 31st, 2013 at 6:59:47 AM permalink
I wasn't paying a lot of attention, but the 12 Days Christmas challenge didn't seem to get any easier or better from day to day, and I don't think there was any bonus for completing all 12 days.

Bet Rock still looks totally rigged to me. The bonus round total is always at least 10x the bet amount. I found that if I wagered 3k per spin, I got a lot of 31 or 32k bonus rounds, and for 6k per spin, the bonus rounds were often 61 or 62k. It's a bizarre way to design a game.

Borrowed from one of the Facebook groups, these links are for 1000 LPs (gold chips):

https://apps.facebook.com/playmyvegas/Coupon/mgm/ZB8AC6

And an older one:

https://apps.facebook.com/playmyvegas/Coupon/mgm/LF5CKA
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
December 31st, 2013 at 11:03:29 AM permalink

Bet Rock still looks totally rigged to me. The bonus round total is always at least 10x the bet amount. I found that if I wagered 3k per spin, I got a lot of 31 or 32k bonus rounds, and for 6k per spin, the bonus rounds were often 61 or 62k. It's a bizarre way to design a game.

EVERYTHING about MyVegas is rigged. From the games, to the daily spin, to the scratch card payouts (on days 2 and 3 of the 12 day challenge everyone got the exact same payouts from the scratch cards).

I agree about Betrock, you get A LOT of ~30k bonus rounds when betting 3,000. But I also got a 775K bonus round when betting 3,000, so I can't help but love that game.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
January 2nd, 2014 at 3:06:04 PM permalink
I'm pretty sure that Betrock has about an 86% return. If Excalibur and Jewels Verne haven't changed, they are a better bet at about 90%.
I heart Crystal Math.
tringlomane
tringlomane
January 2nd, 2014 at 6:38:06 PM permalink

I'm pretty sure that Betrock has about an 86% return. If Excalibur and Jewels Verne haven't changed, they are a better bet at about 90%.

By now, they could have possibly been changed. But Betrock being 86% makes sense, that's so high variance people will struggle to sense its actual return.

Any other details on that 86% that you're willing to share? If you think it would be too boring to most of the forum, I'll gladly accept a PM.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
January 2nd, 2014 at 9:46:29 PM permalink

By now, they could have possibly been changed. But Betrock being 86% makes sense, that's so high variance people will struggle to sense its actual return.

Any other details on that 86% that you're willing to share? If you think it would be too boring to most of the forum, I'll gladly accept a PM.

OK. Let's make that 83.5% !!! I did some more calculations to remove some quick and dirty estimations.

I wonder if it is a coincidence that 83% is the legal minimum in many regulated jurisdictions. 83% will get you into almost any jurisdiction, and they may have their sights on future regulated online gaming.
I heart Crystal Math.
tringlomane
tringlomane
January 2nd, 2014 at 10:08:14 PM permalink

OK. Let's make that 83.5% !!! I did some more calculations to remove some quick and dirty estimations.

I wonder if it is a coincidence that 83% is the legal minimum in many regulated jurisdictions. 83% will get you into almost any jurisdiction, and they may have their sights on future regulated online gaming.

Not for some of the newest ones; KS, OH, PA, MD. But it is 83%+ to cover for the two current legal online states I suppose. And wow. I think my actual results on Betrock are better than that believe it or not. :P
GWAE
GWAE
January 3rd, 2014 at 6:38:26 AM permalink

Not for some of the newest ones; KS, OH, PA, MD. But it is 83%+ to cover for the two current legal online states I suppose. And wow. I think my actual results on Betrock are better than that believe it or not. :P

I wish I was even close to that outcome. Betrock kills me every time.
Perdition
Perdition
January 3rd, 2014 at 6:47:40 AM permalink
On my dummy account I always play betrock to see if I get lucky to get level ups or other things I can share for main account. One time I hit a 350k and a 200k spin in a row but then it ended up being lost within 30 mins. I think people get hooked in because the max payouts can be insane. Already seen 10 and 12 million chip spins so who knows how high it can go when you have bets of 60k a spin.
gpac1377
gpac1377
January 3rd, 2014 at 6:53:10 AM permalink

I guess, but that would require total brain damage to offer 83% slots online.

The Facebook slots are tight because the promotions are so aggressive. They're constantly giving away free chips.

The traditional online casinos are commonly believed to return 95% or higher, as far as I know. Here's the latest from 32 Red, showing 96.58% on slots:

http://www.ecogra.org/certificates/certificate.aspx?cid=253

Increased regulation may limit flexibility to offer good games, but I would anticipate returns above 90%, although I may be naive.

As for Betrock, I've played it a lot because it requires minimum attention, but with all the MyVegas free chips and scratch card bonuses, I don't have a clue of the actual return I've received.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
January 3rd, 2014 at 7:37:49 AM permalink

I guess, but that would require total brain damage to offer 83% slots online.

The Facebook slots are tight because the promotions are so aggressive. They're constantly giving away free chips.

The traditional online casinos are commonly believed to return 95% or higher, as far as I know. Here's the latest from 32 Red, showing 96.58% on slots:

http://www.ecogra.org/certificates/certificate.aspx?cid=253

Increased regulation may limit flexibility to offer good games, but I would anticipate returns above 90%, although I may be naive.

As for Betrock, I've played it a lot because it requires minimum attention, but with all the MyVegas free chips and scratch card bonuses, I don't have a clue of the actual return I've received.

I agree. 95-96% seems right for online casinos. Even other Facebook games, like DoubleDown, are in this range, but they aren't giving away comps and they don't offer as much in free chips.
I heart Crystal Math.
Perdition
Perdition
January 3rd, 2014 at 8:20:14 AM permalink
The problem is sometimes the internet casinos will mash VP and slots into one category using the higher paytables of VP to bring up the overall %. Red32 looks like they have a separate poker section but who knows if they classify some machines under the "slots" part. I know Bovada does this. They have Combined casino games at 97.54% but having played quite a bit in testing, the slots seem to be closer to the 90% level in the download version anyways.

Bovada
gpac1377
gpac1377
January 3rd, 2014 at 8:33:15 AM permalink
Quote: Perdition

The problem is sometimes the internet casinos will mash VP and slots into one category using the higher paytables of VP to bring up the overall %. Red32 looks like they have a separate poker section but who knows if they classify some machines under the "slots" part.

True, but 32 Red's posted return for poker games is actually lower (96.13%). It's been a long time for me, but I thought Micrograming video poker was mostly full-pay, with a perfect-strategy autohold option, so I would have expected players to achieve better than 96%.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ 
January 3rd, 2014 at 9:06:38 AM permalink
I had hoped to get pairs of Premium Tix for Cirque du Soleil Beatles LOVE, but it looks like that has just recently dropped off the Rewards List.

So right now between Mrs Q and me, we have 4 premium tix to KA and 4 premium tix to ZARKANA for our next trip. (We have both already seen both shows, but those seemed like the best available redemptions available). I still have lots of gold to redeem, but Mrs Q's account needs to step it up. Not too long ago there was an insane # of Red Chips in her account, but they have been eaten up by BETROCK and converted to Gold and then redeemed.

I'll cross my fingers for an excellent daily bonus spin and then a double points happy hour or weekend.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
January 3rd, 2014 at 4:22:48 PM permalink
Lucky Birds (only) Double XP this weekend (through 3 AM (Eastern) early Monday morning)
GWAE
GWAE
January 3rd, 2014 at 7:18:35 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Lucky Birds (only) Double XP this weekend (through 3 AM (Eastern) early Monday morning)

I had 300k chips. Started 100 spins at 4,000. When it finished I am left wtih 49k chips. :-(
Perdition
Perdition
January 4th, 2014 at 2:30:09 AM permalink
Yeah started with 250k coins here. Bet 2k a spin, within 30 mins crapped out. And LB is supposed to be one of the higher return games as well. Not implying a fix or anything but always see more issues when a game is on a 2x timer than otherwise. Sometimes you have games that give you some up and down action but then you have ones like these where you drop like a rock.

Hopefully people are experiencing better variance.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
January 4th, 2014 at 3:10:21 PM permalink
I re-evaluated Excalibur and it seems to have dropped in return. The only difference is the distribution of wins in the Date Knight and Fight Night bonuses. Based on my current data, the return is about 87%.
I heart Crystal Math.
rainy
rainy
  • Threads: 2
January 4th, 2014 at 3:38:31 PM permalink
Started with 400K chips @ 2000 a spin. Got 3 levels and maxed LP for the day. Currently at 320K chips. betting 40 a spin because I need to finish my MGM resort. Not getting any LP since I'm maxed for the day, but I'll be happy with as much levels as I can get for the weekend bonus.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ 
January 5th, 2014 at 7:38:22 AM permalink
Cost of Getting 5th Redemption ?
=====================

I thought it was fairly reasonable to spend about $ 40 +/- ( I don't remember exactly how much it was ) in chip purchases to qualify for the 4th Redemption since I had lots of gold chips.

Does anyone have any idea how many red chips you would have to purchase to get the 5th redemption with-in the rolling 30 day period ? I'm afraid it's gonna be a lot, but thought I would ask.
tringlomane
tringlomane
January 5th, 2014 at 8:10:39 AM permalink
No idea on exact number. But I'm guessing it's a lot too.

And thanks for the update on excalibur crystal. Makes sense to keep the game more sustainable.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ 
January 5th, 2014 at 8:34:30 AM permalink

No idea on exact number. But I'm guessing it's a lot too.

Hey, someone's gotta "take one for the team" !

However, it won't make any difference for me UNLESS some good new Rewards are added into the mix, since you are limited to redeeming each reward only once. I don't know if I will be able to make 2 trips this year.
tringlomane
tringlomane
January 5th, 2014 at 2:15:33 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

Hey, someone's gotta "take one for the team" !

However, it won't make any difference for me UNLESS some good new Rewards are added into the mix, since you are limited to redeeming each reward only once. I don't know if I will be able to make 2 trips this year.

Yeah I've been playing less because it's pretty doubtful I do 2 trips this year.
Perdition
Perdition
January 8th, 2014 at 7:48:55 AM permalink
Double gold coins on level up today.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
January 8th, 2014 at 7:57:03 AM permalink

I'm 200,000 xp away from my next level up and I only have ~30k chips at the moment. I doubt I'll make it, but I'm gonna try later this evening because I feel like the 2,000 lp is worth it.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
gpac1377
gpac1377
January 8th, 2014 at 8:00:22 AM permalink

I actually planned ahead for once and stopped just short of leveling up during yesterday afternoon's double XP happy hour.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ 
January 11th, 2014 at 6:56:39 AM permalink
Big Spin Win:

I was betting 30K on Excalibur 2 just now and got 4 Kings plus a Wild Card which was good for 1,080,000. Yippee. It would be nice to see some new shows posted as rewards.
Perdition
Perdition
January 11th, 2014 at 7:03:17 AM permalink
Anyone play this game from inside Vegas? I heard the choices get much worse like only 2 for 1s and no free show tickets. Anyone know what the list looks like?
  • Jump to: