Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
Thanked by
SOOPOOdarkozOnceDearTigerWuavianrandy
July 30th, 2023 at 7:13:54 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Quote: darkoz

You can better understand his system by reading Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland.
link to original post

But then you think everything is understood better if you read that book. Especially if you read it on the subway..
link to original post

Let's call that seven days for personal insult, if my button still works.
May the cards fall in your favor.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
July 30th, 2023 at 7:45:45 PM permalink

Quote: Gandler

If prior events do not effect future events, how is pattern spotting relevant? Why would watching prior results even matter?

I am not sure I even understand what your system is at this point? You spot patterns, but don't really, because they don't really show the answers, you just bet the right answer? Even if you believe roulette patterns are a thing, how would they matter if every spin is independent, and you do not factor prior results?
link to original post

Random outcomes do not form patterns, the patterns you think you see only exist in your mind. But that doesn't mean you can't exploit them. You've asked all the right questions up to this point this is where people usually get lost. If random outcomes do not form patterns, and they do not, that's one of the criteria for being random is there's no pattern formation. Our brain thinks we see a pattern, like red black red black red black red black, where no such pattern actually exists. Those are just random events strung together giving the illusion of a pattern. But from personal experience we know that this pattern that isn't really there often continues and can be exploited under the right conditions. Our brains are pattern recognition machines, it's how we live and survive by seeing patterns even if they aren't really there. Red black red black red black red black are just independent events but when viewed as a whole they look like a pattern, that can either end or continue. What these patterns do is what you learn when you study the game over a long length of time. You learn the right time to bet on them and the right time to ignore them. But because they are an illusion created by random events there are no hard fast rules that you can follow. Every time you think you've discovered a rule, you will be slapped down. You literally have to learn to think randomly to understand what's going on.
link to original post

I really do not understand, the patterns do not exist, they only exist in your mind, but still can be exploited in the real world? How?

And, if the patterns that you think you see in your mind are not even believable, and you have to beat them with randomness, how does a system get made? Is it just bet randomly and hope for the best?
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
July 30th, 2023 at 8:00:23 PM permalink

If prior events do not effect future events, how is pattern spotting relevant? Why would watching prior results even matter?

I am not sure I even understand what your system is at this point? You spot patterns, but don't really, because they don't really show the answers, you just bet the right answer? Even if you believe roulette patterns are a thing, how would they matter if every spin is independent, and you do not factor prior results?
link to original post

Random outcomes do not form patterns, the patterns you think you see only exist in your mind. But that doesn't mean you can't exploit them. You've asked all the right questions up to this point this is where people usually get lost. If random outcomes do not form patterns, and they do not, that's one of the criteria for being random is there's no pattern formation. Our brain thinks we see a pattern, like red black red black red black red black, where no such pattern actually exists. Those are just random events strung together giving the illusion of a pattern. But from personal experience we know that this pattern that isn't really there often continues and can be exploited under the right conditions. Our brains are pattern recognition machines, it's how we live and survive by seeing patterns even if they aren't really there. Red black red black red black red black are just independent events but when viewed as a whole they look like a pattern, that can either end or continue. What these patterns do is what you learn when you study the game over a long length of time. You learn the right time to bet on them and the right time to ignore them. But because they are an illusion created by random events there are no hard fast rules that you can follow. Every time you think you've discovered a rule, you will be slapped down. You literally have to learn to think randomly to understand what's going on.
link to original post

I really do not understand, the patterns do not exist, they only exist in your mind, but still can be exploited in the real world? How?

And, if the patterns that you think you see in your mind are not even believable, and you have to beat them with randomness, how does a system get made? Is it just bet randomly and hope for the best?
link to original post

Yes actually you got it.

EB described that awhile back or maybe it was a different thread.

But yes the patterns are imaginary. Random is truly random. He can use his education to see what is only in his mind

And he uses that with 80% accuracy.

He also gets offended no one else can see his imaginary numbers or believes his imagination can be 80% correct.

He's been trying to explain to you that he doesn't have a system that uses patterns because there is no system that works using patterns but in his imagination he can still exploit them and he successfully does so ...and he has no proof of that. Just expects you to believe him.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
Thanked by
odiousgambitTigerWu
July 31st, 2023 at 4:50:13 AM permalink

[Image of Alice in Wonderland quote]
link to original post

DarkOz,
Thanks for that. I never realised that Alice in Wonderland had a quote that so very closely describes an encounter with EvenBob.

link to original post

Random outcomes do not form patterns, the patterns you think you see only exist in your mind. But that doesn't mean you can't exploit them. You've asked all the right questions up to this point this is where people usually get lost.
link to original post

"I'm sorry," replied Alice to the snickering EB. "I don't understand. It sounds like you are saying everything is in your imagination".

Then EB replied with a Cheshire grin, "Precisely. If you always win in your imagination, then you have a fool proof system for never losing."

"But it's not real," replied a perplexed Alice

""It is to me! Something you can never understand!"

And with that the EB crawled back on it's mushroom, lit a candle and checked the time. "It's two pm. Time for my afternoon nap!"

"But it's 5pm, time for tea," squealed Alice

""I've set the clock back so it's only two pm"

"But it's really five!"

"Not to me! Didn't we just have this conversation?"
link to original post

And again, a good allegory. Well done.
"Didn't we just have this conversation?"
Yes. over a decade and hundreds of pages.
In summary:-

What would be sad is if at 74 I'm doing things for attention like a teenager.
link to original post

Yes. That would be sad!.
It is sad!
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
darkoz
darkoz
July 31st, 2023 at 6:12:15 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

[Image of Alice in Wonderland quote]
link to original post

DarkOz,
Thanks for that. I never realised that Alice in Wonderland had a quote that so very closely describes an encounter with EvenBob.

link to original post

Random outcomes do not form patterns, the patterns you think you see only exist in your mind. But that doesn't mean you can't exploit them. You've asked all the right questions up to this point this is where people usually get lost.
link to original post

"I'm sorry," replied Alice to the snickering EB. "I don't understand. It sounds like you are saying everything is in your imagination".

Then EB replied with a Cheshire grin, "Precisely. If you always win in your imagination, then you have a fool proof system for never losing."

"But it's not real," replied a perplexed Alice

""It is to me! Something you can never understand!"

And with that the EB crawled back on it's mushroom, lit a candle and checked the time. "It's two pm. Time for my afternoon nap!"

"But it's 5pm, time for tea," squealed Alice

""I've set the clock back so it's only two pm"

"But it's really five!"

"Not to me! Didn't we just have this conversation?"
link to original post

And again, a good allegory. Well done.
"Didn't we just have this conversation?"
Yes. over a decade and hundreds of pages.
In summary:-

link to original post

Yes. That would be sad!.
It is sad!
link to original post

Thank you.

Alice in Wonderland is filled with similar conversations. Nonsense talk but it's based on double entendre and actually makes more sense than EB theories of flat betting progression and taking advantage of random patterns only in his mind.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
July 31st, 2023 at 7:18:20 AM permalink

link to original post

Yes. That would be sad!.
It is sad!
link to original post

He's becoming self-aware....!!
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
July 31st, 2023 at 9:11:41 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

link to original post

Yes. That would be sad!.
It is sad!
link to original post

link to original post

EvenBob posts here most days, and of those posts, a good proportion are telling us some aspect of how well he does with his method. I understand that he has a wagering session most days.
It must really make his heart sink on all of those many days where he has a losing session. It must further break his heart when he has to make a top up deposit to stake his next session.
I wonder if he ever notices the contrast between his fantastical claims of success and his perfectly normal and sound financial losses.

I hope that he does notice that he loses. Far better that he is lying to us than that he is lying to himself. Lying to us won't bankrupt him half as fast as lying to himself would. Also far better for him if he is trolling us than if he is truly so deluded as to believe his own Gambler's Fallacy. Bob only knows how much he has lost on roulette over the last decade of his method.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
Dieter
July 31st, 2023 at 9:54:58 AM permalink

link to original post

Yes. That would be sad!.
It is sad!
link to original post

link to original post

EvenBob posts here most days, and of those posts, a good proportion are telling us some aspect of how well he does with his method. I understand that he has a wagering session most days.
It must really make his heart sink on all of those many days where he has a losing session. It must further break his heart when he has to make a top up deposit to stake his next session.
I wonder if he ever notices the contrast between his fantastical claims of success and his perfectly normal and sound financial losses.

I hope that he does notice that he loses. Far better that he is lying to us than that he is lying to himself. Lying to us won't bankrupt him half as fast as lying to himself would. Also far better for him if he is trolling us than if he is truly so deluded as to believe his own Gambler's Fallacy. Bob only knows how much he has lost on roulette over the last decade of his method.
link to original post

WARNING DO not discuss EvenBob while he is spending 7 days in suspension. He is not able to defend himself during this period. Suspensions will be handed out if you continue to attack him during this period.

And, OnceDear, this is getting very close to an insult. It is artfully arranged to call EvenBob a liar without actually saying it explicitly. I suggest you find something else to chat about other than EB.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
odiousgambit
July 31st, 2023 at 10:02:58 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

link to original post

Yes. That would be sad!.
It is sad!
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

WARNING DO not discuss EvenBob while he is spending 7 days in suspension. He is not able to defend himself during this period. Suspensions will be handed out if you continue to attack him during this period.

And, OnceDear, this is getting very close to an insult. It is artfully arranged to call EvenBob a liar without actually saying it explicitly. I suggest you find something else to chat about other than EB.
link to original post

Well might as well close this thread for 7 days. There's no way not to discuss EB without effectively hijacking the thread. The entire thread is about his system.

EDIT: Maybe close this thread and forget to reopen it, hint hint nudge nudge
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
August 6th, 2023 at 6:23:39 AM permalink
Welcome back, Bob, you are stellar in WoV history

we should have "the sayings of Bob"

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/tables/2285-can-roulette-be-beaten/16/#post894563
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
August 6th, 2023 at 11:35:01 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/tables/2285-can-roulette-be-beaten/80/#post894563
link to original post

There's an old zen koen that goes:

Two monks we're watching a flag flapping in the wind.
One monk says flag is moving. The other monk says
wind is moving. Just then the master walks by and
looking up at the flag says, mind is moving.

Please don't try and figure this out.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
August 6th, 2023 at 11:51:01 AM permalink

Quote: odiousgambit

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/tables/2285-can-roulette-be-beaten/80/#post894563
link to original post

There's an old zen koen that goes:

Two monks we're watching a flag flapping in the wind.
One monk says flag is moving. The other monk says
wind is moving. Just then the master walks by and
looking up at the flag says, mind is moving.

Please don't try and figure this out.
link to original post

That picture looks like one they run on the news when there has been a bank robbery.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
August 7th, 2023 at 5:51:23 AM permalink
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/tables/38442-evenbob-roulette-poll/#post895139

Closing due to popular demand.

Enjoy the day!
May the cards fall in your favor.
  • Jump to: