2 votes (3.12%)
1 vote (1.56%)

64 members have voted

gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
March 6th, 2023 at 10:29:40 AM permalink
I wonder if Anthony Richardson is another version of Jamarcus Russell. Big strong athletic QB who wasn't great in college and who will bustout in the NFL.

When Richardson first started for Florida, all of the SEC fans thought WOW, OMG Florida is going to dominate, because they just found a clone of Cam Newton who can throw like Brett Farve. But it didn't happen. He was never a great college QB and Florida started losing games. Maybe he's had bad coaching, or maybe he isn't mentally quick enough to recognize the defenses or whatever, but there was a huge sucking sound coming from Gainesville the past two years. At best, I think he's a project.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
Thanked by
AxelWolf
March 6th, 2023 at 1:05:03 PM permalink

ruff and tuff woman on the soccer field - that #15 is not at all concerned about the rules of the game - wow - she's brutal

Please don't feed the trolls
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 264
March 6th, 2023 at 2:15:32 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

ruff and tuff woman on the soccer field - that #15 is not at all concerned about the rules of the game - wow - she's brutal

I googled "who is number 15 dirty women's college soccer player" and it came up with an article on her, haha.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 264
March 6th, 2023 at 2:38:37 PM permalink
Another article:

ESPN aired the game footage as part of a highlight segment on SportsCenter, and the video was then posted on its YouTube page.

To date [NOVEMBER 18, 2009], the video has been viewed 1,275,126 times and generated 1,889 user comments. No video from that same day has been watched even 8,000 times. The closest was the Play of the Day video featuring a LeBron James slam dunk , viewed 7,160 times (with five comments attached to it).
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
March 6th, 2023 at 6:13:51 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Quote: tuttigym

Anybody watch the NFL combine? gordon888 you may want to revisit your assessment of S. Bennett. According to the professionals commentary, he was a rock star.
Bennett 40 yd dash = 4.67: Mahomes 40 yd dash =4.80: Josh Allen 40 yd dash= 4.75
Bennett ball velocity = 59 MPH: Mahome = 60 mph: Allen = 62 mph: Drew Brees =52 mph: Average QB in NFL= 54mph

Bennett threw the ball easily 68 yds in the air on the deep routes hitting his receivers in stride 2 of three times.

His arm TALENT was remarkable. IMO C J Stroud was the overall best, but Bennett more than held his own. BTW he is over an inch and a half taller than Bryce Young.

tuttigym
link to original post

I watched 3 days of the NFL combine, but not Saturday when the QBS were worked out. In all of the many NFL network's summaries of the QB workouts, I never heard Stetson Bennett's name mentioned once. Not once. It was mostly Anthony Richardson, CJ Stroud and Will Levis and that Hendon Hooker had a favorable medical assessment. But I have a low assessment of the quality of the NFL network's broadcasters -they seemed like they were sticking to the opinions of the draft class they had coming into the combine workouts.

Tuttigym, what round do you think Bennett will be drafted in?
link to original post

Thanks for your response. Somehow the "commentators" believe that Richardson's 4.4 40 yd dash was absolutely definitive as to his abilities to become a NFL qb "star." As far as, the "network summaries" you heard, it seems to be about the "beauty contest" I spoke about in a previous post. Comments on the spot at the actual workouts were very positive and actually glowing.

I believe Bennett will have an additional opportunity to show his skills at the Georgia Pro Day later this month. The only average tosses he made were on the quick out patterns for the goal line offense. They were catchable but somewhat off target. Levis wasn't much better. Only Stroud was truly accurate.

I, personally, am hopeful he will be drafted in Round 2, but player personnel directors have not been all that accurate in past drafts based on "beauty contest" assessments. Round 3 is my guess.

tuttigym
Rolanddawso1
Rolanddawso1
  • Threads: 0
March 6th, 2023 at 9:22:49 PM permalink
It is full of information. It is a nice blog
Jimmy2Times
Jimmy2Times
  • Threads: 2
March 7th, 2023 at 9:52:00 AM permalink
International Hall of Fame Boxing promoter, matchmaker and publicist Robert “Bobby” Goodman passed away on March 5 at the age of 83. Mr. Goodman was a class act - he was never to busy to say hello and talk with a boxing fan.

Mr. Goodman worked with Don King Productions for 25 years as Vice President, Boxing Operations, Matchmaker and Director of Public Relation. He was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame. During the years with King, Mr. Goodman helped with the “Rumble in the Jungle” between Muhammad Ali and George Foreman and the “Thrilla in Manila” between Ali and Joe Frazier.

Mr. Goodman also worked at Madison Square Garden as Vice President of Boxing, and he and his staff developed many world champions, including James “Buddy” McGirt, Aaron “Superman” Davis, and Tracy Patterson, among others.
I 'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 9th, 2023 at 1:39:51 AM permalink

Jim Boeheim is out after 47 years as Coach of Syracuse
the announcement was made right after they lost to Wake Forest in the ACC Tournament
it's not clear whether he resigned or was fired but it looks like he was probably fired

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/08/sports/ncaabasketball/jim-boeheim-syracuse-coach-out.html

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Mar 9, 2023
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
March 9th, 2023 at 6:01:25 AM permalink

the announcement was made right after they lost to Wake Forest in the ACC Tournament
it's not clear whether he resigned or was fired but it looks like he was probably fired

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/08/sports/ncaabasketball/jim-boeheim-syracuse-coach-out.html

link to original post

I'm not a fan of his, but he deserved better.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
mcallister3200
March 9th, 2023 at 6:09:53 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

link to original post

I'm not a fan of his, but he deserved better.
link to original post

Totally disagree. I’m sure he was informed they were moving on from him. He could have taken the high road and thanked everyone; made a nice retirement speech, and had a lifetime job as ‘special consultant’. Instead he looked like a spoiled brat not getting what he wants.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
March 9th, 2023 at 6:52:36 AM permalink
There are lots of reasonably admirable people in big-time college sports, but by all reports Jim Boeheim isn't one of them. I'm glad to see him gone, and feel it is way past due.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
avianrandy
avianrandy
  • Threads: 8
March 9th, 2023 at 6:54:39 AM permalink
2 sports related questions...before he was known as 'the rock',Dwayne Johnson wrestled under what name? Full-nelson Rockefeller, Rex Tyrannus or flex kavana? Question 2 about how much was a ticket to the first super bowl in 1967? $12,$100 or$500...
flex Havana and $12 today $12 will get you about half a hot dog at the super bowl
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
March 9th, 2023 at 6:58:54 AM permalink
Highly unlikely a man or Boheim’s personality was ever going to leave that job smoothly unless it’s for health reasons. Whether it’s an all time great being completely washed like Emmitt Smith or Jerry Rice or a coach like this, always sad when an icon refuses to accept that the game has passed them by.

Personality aside, his coaching strategies had become obsolete and he refused to adjust, in a way that’s refusing to do the job and forcing the employer to fire him
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 9th, 2023 at 8:06:36 AM permalink

I dunno - they went 18-10 and lost in the Regional Semifinal in 2021
his last 2 years have not been good

always sad to me when someone who has given that much for so long doesn't leave on good terms

a look back at his career - really impressive:

10 Big East regular season Conference Championships
5 Big East Tournament Championships
34 NCAA Tournament appearances
5 Final Four appearances
3 appearances in the National Title Game winning once

mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Thanked by
SOOPOO
March 9th, 2023 at 8:34:00 AM permalink

always sad to me when someone who has given that much for so long doesn't leave on good terms

link to original post

Agree but like SooPoo said he refused to leave on good terms.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
March 9th, 2023 at 8:39:57 AM permalink
Blast from the past with former Sonics all star Shawn Kemp arrested for a drive by shooting incident shooting at the occupant of another vehicle in a Tacoma Washington parking lot.

Not really surprised unfortunately. He was one of my favorite players for a while, never seemed like a great human being though. Sonics teams with him, Payton, Shrempf, Hawkins, Nate McMillan, and Sam Perkins have to be one of the more talented teams not to ever make the finals. Shrempf and Perkins both would have been better in todays game than they were the way it was played 30 years ago as well.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 9th, 2023 at 9:11:42 AM permalink

the link is quite interesting - to me anyway - it shows how the 3 point attempt has changed the NBA game
in 1979 when it was first put in there were only an average of three 3 point attempts per game
gradually, players started practicing it, getting better at it, and now there are on average 34. 3 three point attempts per game
the no. of per game 3 point attempts has increased in 15 of the last 20 years

the overall 3 point % is currently .360
the overall 2 point % is currently .474

in 100 shots on average the 3 point shooters will score 108 points
in 100 shots on average the 2 point shooters will score 95 points

even though so many of the 2 point attempts are dunks or very close in shots

the 3 point % did not hit .300 until 1986
it hit .359 in 1994 and really hasn't climbed since - again, now at .360

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats_per_game.html

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Mar 9, 2023
billryan
billryan
March 9th, 2023 at 10:31:36 AM permalink

the link is quite interesting - to me anyway - it shows how the 3 point attempt has changed the NBA game
in 1979 when it was first put in there were only an average of three 3 point attempts per game
gradually, players started practicing it, getting better at it, and now there are on average 34 3 three point attempts per game
the no. of per game 3 point attempts has increased in 15 of the last 20 years

the overall 3 point % is currently .360
the overall 2 point % is currently .474

in 100 shots on average the 3 point shooters will score 108 points
in 100 shots on average the 2 point shooters will score 95 points

even though so many of the 2 point attempts are dunks or very close in shots

the 3 point % did not hit .300 until 1986
it hit .359 in 1994 and really hasn't climbed since - again, now at .360

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats_per_game.html

link to original post

In high school, my coach would bench anyone taking a shot from what is now three-point range. Our defenses were geared toward keeping the ball out on the perimeter. Our offense was usually 3-4 passes to get someone open in the 12-15 foot range.
We mostly played a deliberate, much more physical style than today's high school games. My coach was very big on boxing out the opponents best players.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
March 9th, 2023 at 11:09:42 AM permalink
Quote: avianrandy

2 sports related questions...before he was known as 'the rock',Dwayne Johnson wrestled under what name?

He started his wrestling career as Dwayne Johnson at Freedom Park High School in Eastern Pennsylvania.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
billryan
billryan
March 9th, 2023 at 12:45:28 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Quote: avianrandy

2 sports related questions...before he was known as 'the rock',Dwayne Johnson wrestled under what name?

He started his wrestling career as Dwayne Johnson at Freedom Park High School in Eastern Pennsylvania.
link to original post

He wrestled a few matches as a pro under Dwayne Johnson, but he really took off as Flex Kavana. I believe some of his early matches have disappeared as he was underage for many of them.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 9th, 2023 at 1:09:59 PM permalink

in maybe the stupidest sports story I've ever seen in my life the WWE is in talks with State regulators to get betting approved on their scripted matches
the WWE is promising than no one who knows who the winner will be will tell anybody or bet themselves
promises, promises - that was a great song by Dionne Warwick

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/08/wwe-betting-scripted-match-results.html

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 241
March 9th, 2023 at 2:18:03 PM permalink

in maybe the stupidest sports story I've ever seen in my life the WWE is in talks with State regulators to get betting approved on their scripted matches
the WWE is promising than no one who knows who the winner will be will tell anybody or bet themselves

link to original post

Please see discussion in Sports Betting Chatter
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
billryan
billryan
March 9th, 2023 at 5:02:54 PM permalink

link to original post

Can you bet on award shows like the Oscars? If someone wants to bet on a WWE match, they don't deserve to keep their money.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 9th, 2023 at 8:42:19 PM permalink

link to original post

Can you bet on award shows like the Oscars? If someone wants to bet on a WWE match, they don't deserve to keep their money.
link to original post

Can’t bet on ‘voted’ outcomes in N.Y. like the Oscars. There are definitely offshore options that have Oscars markets. Like most betting options, the general public (like me!) would tend to lose betting on wrestling. There will certainly be winners that have some access to information the general public doesn’t.
billryan
billryan
March 9th, 2023 at 9:43:13 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

link to original post

link to original post

Can’t bet on ‘voted’ outcomes in N.Y. like the Oscars. There are definitely offshore options that have Oscars markets. Like most betting options, the general public (like me!) would tend to lose betting on wrestling. There will certainly be winners that have some access to information the general public doesn’t.
link to original post

How long would it be before wrestlers were fixing scripted matches? An accidental kick really connecting on an unsuspecting performer and the wrong guy collects from the Winners Window. Can you prosecute an actor for blowing his lines or missing his mark?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 10th, 2023 at 2:47:11 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

No betting on scripted outcomes goes way back. Back in the day some casino offered bets on who shot JR. IIRC Nevada Gaming told them to stop. Reason is both people knew the outcome and the outcome was controlled. Oscars are not "controlled."

WWE might be seeing how sports betting has increased people caring about other sports so the want some of that. I have to say I could see them wanting this more in the Kayfabe era. But today they do not even pretend matches are real. If they allow betting on WWE what's next? Betting on the Globetrotters?
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 10th, 2023 at 3:17:42 AM permalink

off the subject a little bit
I wouldn't call myself a fan but I do watch the replays
I believe that some of them are truly great athletes to do this kinna thing
I also believe there has to be a lot of pain involved - people think that because it's fake - it doesn't hurt - that cannot possibly be true

this stuff would be a lot better if they got rid of the stupid stuff - like hitting your opponent with a chair
why is there a referee if that's allowed - so dumb
and also the very long sequences of trash talk - talking tough- it's terrible
last night I was watching a replay and to win the guy had to lock his opponent in a metal cage on the floor - really, really bad
and guys coming into the ring to help their partners when they're not part of the match - awful, awful stuff
it would be so much better if they just made it look like a real match without all of this crap

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Mar 10, 2023
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Thanked by
JimRockford
March 10th, 2023 at 7:07:54 AM permalink
Everyone should be suspended for 3 days for hijacking the General Sports Talk thread by posting about WWE wrestling.

*joking*
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 10th, 2023 at 1:33:44 PM permalink

off the subject a little bit
I wouldn't call myself a fan but I do watch the replays
I believe that some of them are truly great athletes to do this kinna thing
I also believe there has to be a lot of pain involved - people think that because it's fake - it doesn't hurt - that cannot possibly be true

It is very hard on the body. Bruno Sammartino dropped the title because he could not keep it up. And he has been dead for years but is still in better shape than most of us here! They teach you to take very little impact on falls but you are still taking impact. It used to be worse when they worked 6-7 house shows a week. The road travel alone took it out of many of them.

Quote:

this stuff would be a lot better if they got rid of the stupid stuff - like hitting your opponent with a chair
why is there a referee if that's allowed - so dumb
and also the very long sequences of trash talk - talking tough- it's terrible
last night I was watching a replay and to win the guy had to lock his opponent in a metal cage on the floor - really, really bad
and guys coming into the ring to help their partners when they're not part of the match - awful, awful stuff
it would be so much better if they just made it look like a real match without all of this crap

That was not as bad even in the 80s. But to outdo themselves they have to keep raising the bar. I have not watched 15 minutes of actual show since the end of the Monday Night Wars and even then it was rare. But in the 80s I watched quite a bit. From what I understand back then it was more "improv" than the script they have now. Just basic instructions then run with it.

Not that it was not planned. Jessee Ventura recently admitted he got Tito Santana's OK to call him "Chico Santana." I have heard other things like that but they escape me at the moment.

AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
March 10th, 2023 at 9:30:28 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Of course you can bet on the award shows, or even if Aliens will visit us by x date. That's mostly offshore or in other countries, someome can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think those Britts can legally bet on just about anything, and they do.

I dont understand why you say "If someone wants to bet on a WWE match, they don't deserve to keep their money." You dont think there could be +EV opportunities there? Assuming the same vig, what's the difference between betting on various sports vs WWE?

Not to mention, there are occasionally novelty bets like this, and with some research and investigation, you will know the outcome, so you can lock up free money.

FYI, You already can bet on WWE at some reputable offshore joints. Here you go...

ROT WRESTLEMANIA 39 - EDGE VS FINN BALOR MONEYLINE
1023 Edge
+125
1024 Finn Balor
Prospective Fight; BetUS decision is final. Wagers posted after public announcement will be voided.
ROT WRESTLEMANIA 39 - SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP MONEYLINE
1027 Rhea Ripley
1028 Charlotte Flair
+250

ROT WRESTLEMANIA 39 - UNDISPUTED UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP MONEYLINE
1029 Cody Rhodes
1030 Roman Reigns
+125

ROT WRESTLEMANIA 39 - SETH ROLLINS VS LOGAN PAUL MONEYLINE
1031 Seth Rollins
1032 Logan Paul
+110

ROT WRESTLEMANIA 39 - RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP MONEYLINE
1033 Bianca Belair
1034 Asuka
+115

ROT WRESTLEMANIA 39 - BOBBY LASHLEY VS BRAY WYATT WINNER MONEYLINE
1035 Bobby Lashley
Ev
1036 Bray Wyatt

ROT MONEY IN THE BANK 2023 - WINNER MONEYLINE
6001 Sami Zayn
+375
6002 Drew McIntyre
+375
6003 Montez Ford
+450
6004 Seth Rollins
+550
6005 Jey Uso
+500
6006 Logan Paul
+700
6007 Solo Sikoa
+700
6008 Kevin Owens
+850
6009 Gunther
+850
6010 Roman Reigns
+900
6011 Bray Wyatt
+900
6012 Bobby Lashley
+1100
6013 Austin Theory
+1100
6014 Ricochet
+1200
6015 Karrion Kross
+1200
6016 LA Knight
+500
6017 Johnny Gargano
+1400
6018 Matt Riddle
+1400
6019 Santos Escobar
+1400
6020 Jimmy Uso
+1600
6021 Dominik Mysterio
+1600
6022 A.J Styles
+1800
6023 Finn Balor
+1800
6024 Damian Priest
+1800
6025 Bron Breakker
+1800
6026 Randy Orton
+2200

ROT MONEY IN THE BANK 2023 - WOMEN'S WINNER MONEYLINE
7001 Raquel Gonzalez
+450
7002 Becky Lynch
+500
7003 Bayley
+700
7004 Naomi
+700
7005 Charlotte Flair
+800
7006 Bianca Belair
+800
7007 Asuka
+900
7008 Shayna Baszler
+950
7009 Liv Morgan
+1100
7010 Rhea Ripley
+1100
7011 Kimberly Benson
+1200
7012 Iyo Sky
+1200
7013 Alexa Bliss
+1400
7014 Ronda Rousey
+1400
7015 Lacey Evans
+1400
7016 Mia Yim
+1600
7017 Emma
+1800
7018 Tegan Nox
+1800
7019 Indie Hartwell
+1800
7020 Alba Fyre
+1800
7021 Valhalla
+2200
7022 Carmella
+2200
7023 Sonya Deville
+2300
7024 Mandy Rose
+2300
7025 Candice LeRae
+2300
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 11th, 2023 at 1:25:26 AM permalink

I totally get Axel's point about there may be ways to make money from this
and also from promos and arbitrage and other similar stuff

free money is great

but to me sports betting is a game
the essence of the game is can you or can you not predict an outcome often enough to be profitable

nothing equals that in terms of the joy of playing the game - which could be considered in some ways similar to playing Chess

getting a $10 bonus because I bet $100 doesn't in any way light my fire - if I can beat hoops or the MLB or the NFL by predicting - I feel good and I'm proud

AxelWolf
AxelWolf
March 11th, 2023 at 1:37:02 AM permalink

free money is great

the essence of the game is can you or can you not predict an outcome often enough to be profitable

nothing equals that in terms of the joy of playing the game - which could be considered in some ways similar to playing Chess

getting a $10 bonus because I bet $100 doesn't in any way light my fire - if I can beat hoops or the MLB by predicting - I feel good and I'm proud

link to original post

lighting fire or not. What light's my fire is when you can get down $500 on something where you already know the outcome. That's only $500 worth of fire to the average person, however, to me, ill.do whatever I can to make that worth much more. I may have a few friends I can cut a deal with{2, 5, 10, 20, 30. Friends) . Everyone but the general public wins.

Fire, action, sweating, if that's you want?

There's always a chance something goes wrong and your 99% confidence was wrong. And when or if that happens, you'll lose a FK ton.... I'll take my chances.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 11th, 2023 at 1:49:45 AM permalink

in other news - ballers going gangsta - mcallister mentioned Sean Kemp, everybody knows about Ja Morant and now this:

Alabama is pushing for its first NCAAB championship - and one of its players is believed to have transported a gun to a murder scene

Brandon Miller is the player - he hasn't been arrested - a former Alabama player Darius Miles has been arrested

in Miller's first game after the hearing at S.C. - S.C. fans chanted "lock him up - lock him up"

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/10/sports/ncaabasketball/alabama-murder-indictment.html#:~:text=A%20former%20Crimson%20Tide%20player,a%20witness%20in%20the%20case.

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 11th, 2023 at 1:53:19 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

free money is great

getting a $10 bonus because I bet $100 doesn't in any way light my fire - if I can beat hoops or the MLB by predicting - I feel good and I'm proud

link to original post

lighting fire or not. What light's my fire is when you can get down $500 on something where you already know the outcome. That's only $500 worth of fire to the average person, however, to me, ill.do whatever I can to make that worth much more. I may have a few friends I can cut a deal with{2, 5, 10, 20, 30. Friends) . Everyone but the general public wins.

There's always a chance something goes wrong and your 99% confidence was wrong. And when or if that happens, you'll lose a FK ton.... I'll take my chances.
link to original post

Axel - I noticed - I never have read a post from you commenting on a sporting event
I may be wrong but I don't think you have much interest in sports
I know you have an interest in making money - nothing wrong with that

but when you have a deep interest in sports - it's different - you're playing a game - it's not just about money

and with proper money management - a talented bettor might never go deep in the hole - which is what I think you were implying

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Mar 11, 2023
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
March 11th, 2023 at 5:41:19 AM permalink

Quote: AxelWolf

free money is great

link to original post

link to original post

Axel - I noticed - I never have read a post from you commenting on a sporting event
I may be wrong but I don't think you have much interest in sports
I know you have an interest in making money - nothing wrong with that

but when you have a deep interest in sports - it's different - you're playing a game - it's not just about money

and with proper money management - a talented bettor might never go deep in the hole - which is what I think you were implying

link to original post

That's a long story, but for the most part, I do enjoy playing just about any sport. I enjoy watching and +EV sports betting. I will even make an occasional small (a few hundred)-EV sports bet on a big game/ event/ match. I just no longer have a "passion" for it. I can assure you, I certainly never had the passion that you or many do. In fact, I dont really care to watch most sports. I really only enjoy MMA/Boxing/ FootBall. As of late, I have been watching a lot of MMA, Boxing, and XFL, but I don't go too far out of my way to do so.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 11th, 2023 at 7:00:21 AM permalink
Axel…. Bianca Belair at -160 over Asuka is free money….
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 13th, 2023 at 2:38:27 AM permalink

here's the bracket:_____________________glta

the #1 seed - Alabama is playing under a cloud - star player Brandon Miller has been investigated and is said to be a witness to and transported a gun to a murder scene

in his first game after the hearing S.C. fans chanted - "lock him up - lock him up"

a former Alabama player has been indicted - see link

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/10/sports/ncaabasketball/alabama-murder-indictment.html

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Mar 13, 2023
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 13th, 2023 at 7:38:46 AM permalink

here's the bracket:_____________________glta

the #1 seed - Alabama is playing under a cloud - star player Brandon Miller has been investigated and is said to be a witness to and transported a gun to a murder scene

in his first game after the hearing S.C. fans chanted - "lock him up - lock him up"

a former Alabama player has been indicted - see link

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/10/sports/ncaabasketball/alabama-murder-indictment.html

link to original post

I believe lilredrooster has been charged with as many crimes as Brandon Miller has in that incident. Gee, opposing fans chanted ‘lock him up’ . They obviously thought he was Hilary Clinton!
How did he respond to those chants? He DOMINATED the game!
He’ll be the number 3 or 4 pick in the draft. They will get him mentorship from a star player to help him navigate the NBA. I heard that player will be Ja Morant.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
March 13th, 2023 at 8:07:27 AM permalink
After destroying South Carolina in the first game after his involvement became public in which he was probably as locked in and prepared mentally as he could be, Miller’s efficiency has slid dramatically over the last few games. People who don’t think it is affecting him at all didn’t really watch him play before the incident or are biased Bama fans imo, and most people fall into one of those two categories.

He’s not playing well (for him) imo, pressure is getting to him. I mean he’s the first guy picked in the NBA draft that’s on college right now, other top 4 prospects not playing college, he is going to dominate most of this competition no matter what unless he can’t keep it together at all. He’s just a different type of player than the competition, that combination of handle, length, and shooting just isn’t normal.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 13th, 2023 at 8:47:18 AM permalink
I’ve seen all the Wembanyama highlight reels. He does look like he’s different from any player I’ve ever seen. The NBA will be having a lottery to see who gets him. I think if I owned a fringe playoff team like the Pelicans, Hawks, Jazz, etc…, I’d rather miss the playoffs to get even a small chance at Wembanyama.
I’d trade ANY player in the league for him! Except maybe Jokic.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 13th, 2023 at 8:53:59 AM permalink

the link explains why Miller was not charged with a crime
being a suspicious person by nature I don't think that's the whole story
I think it's possible the Alabama DA had some interest in preserving the glory of the Alabama basketball team in their quest for immortality

I could be wrong - but I don't think so

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-alabamas-brandon-miller-has-not-been-charged-with-a-crime-223931989.html

mcallister3200
mcallister3200
March 13th, 2023 at 9:25:01 AM permalink

I’ve seen all the Wembanyama highlight reels. He does look like he’s different from any player I’ve ever seen. The NBA will be having a lottery to see who gets him. I think if I owned a fringe playoff team like the Pelicans, Hawks, Jazz, etc…, I’d rather miss the playoffs to get even a small chance at Wembanyama.
link to original post

He’s different. I worry some because historically many players that height have chronic foot injuries that seriously alter their careers, but that’s probably no concern 7 years or so.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
March 13th, 2023 at 10:38:20 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

link to original post

He’s different. I worry some because historically many players that height have chronic foot injuries that seriously alter their careers, but that’s probably no concern 7 years or so.
link to original post

Victor Wembanyana is now listed as 7'5" with a wingspan of 8 feet. He can play like a guard - dribbling, quick and mobile, 3 pointers, jump shots with an incredibly high release, dunks without jumping at all. He is skinny but has a strength coach who is working on his physique. He has a physician advising him, as well as a top NBA shooting coach.

I can't remember any other prospective athlete in any sport looking as if he was so far above the field of current pros.

It would be ideal for the NBA if he somehow landed on the Knicks.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 13th, 2023 at 10:45:07 AM permalink

he is very, very thin - he needs to bulk up before he hits the NBA - the NBA is rough - if he goes in that thin he's going to get injured for sure

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 14th, 2023 at 2:03:56 AM permalink

Joe Pepitone, they called him Pepi, was a fun fan favorite and a talented player for the Yankees - he has just passed - R.I.P.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/13/sports/baseball/joe-pepitone-dead.html

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Mar 14, 2023
DRich
DRich
March 14th, 2023 at 5:42:54 AM permalink
Dick Fosbury died. He was very influential in Track and Field and best known for the Fosbury Flop used by almost all high jumpers.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 16th, 2023 at 2:25:26 AM permalink

the NYT asked Bing chatbot to fill out a bracket - here's what it came up with

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/sports/ncaabasketball/bing-ai-march-madness-predictions.html

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 16th, 2023 at 2:59:31 AM permalink

Aaron Rodgers says he intends to play for the Jets
he's 40 now - he had a weak season last season
but his stats were very strong in '20 and '21

https://sports.yahoo.com/aaron-rodgers-it-is-my-intention-to-play-for-the-jets-172926835.html

DRich
DRich
March 17th, 2023 at 3:36:32 PM permalink
You people are pathetic. the NCAA wrestling tournament is going on now and no one is discussing it. The semi-finals are on ESPN tonight at 8pm EST.

Yes, my dad was a wrestling coach and I started wrestling at 7 years old so I may be a little biased.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 17th, 2023 at 5:06:39 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

You people are pathetic. the NCAA wrestling tournament is going on now and no one is discussing it. The semi-finals are on ESPN tonight at 8pm EST.

Yes, my dad was a wrestling coach and I started wrestling at 7 years old so I may be a little biased.
link to original post

Used to love that tournament. Got the wrestler roommates out of the apartment. But then stripper ads all over the place when they got back.
  • Jump to: