Actuarial
Actuarial
  • Threads: 7
August 24th, 2015 at 2:45:44 PM permalink
Has anyone played this? http://www.argosykansascity.com/Promotions

I can't find any additional information, specifically what the 'up to' is a qualifier of in the 'Play up to $500 on us".
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 76
August 24th, 2015 at 2:52:32 PM permalink
Quote: Actuarial

Has anyone played this? http://www.argosykansascity.com/Promotions

I can't find any additional information, specifically what the 'up to' is a qualifier of in the 'Play up to $500 on us".

I could be wrong, but the promo says "up to $500 in reimbursement" for new players, or those who haven't been there for a while. So I assume a new sign-up can lose up to $500 in some initial period of time (like 24 hours) and get free play equivalent to that (who knows how it's parsed, though; could be 1/2 immediately, 1/2 in a month, or perhaps only on certain future dates, or many other ways they do it. Or it could be with no qualifiers.)
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
tringlomane
tringlomane
August 24th, 2015 at 3:46:02 PM permalink
The "haven't been here awhile" portion probably applies to those who played at Argosy before they became part of Penn Gaming's Marquee Rewards. If you are already a Marquee Rewards member, I'd assume you wouldn't be applicable (i.e. me :().

As for how they divvy the freeplay up, yeah, that is property dependent. I would expect that you would have to return a different day at least twice, possibly more. Unfortunately a call or a personal visit is probably necessary to figure out the exact regulations.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 63
August 24th, 2015 at 3:49:33 PM permalink
Current Marquee members are not excluded. I got a whopping $5 rebate :-)
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
tringlomane
tringlomane
August 24th, 2015 at 3:55:39 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Current Marquee members are not excluded. I got a whopping $5 rebate :-)

Really...then what decides it? never played at Argosy KC with a card? Do you know the maximum amount of installments of free play that can be awarded? Obviously you only got one installment...which I'm assuming you forfeited.

I might bother to do this if it's not too broken up in installments. G/f and I are overdue to visit KC anyway.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 63
August 24th, 2015 at 4:00:23 PM permalink
I don't know and never asked. All I got was a postcard in the mail stating the $5 as a rebate from them as part of the promo.

Also, I could not find the 8/5 BP listed on VPfree2.
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
tringlomane
tringlomane
August 24th, 2015 at 4:12:29 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

I don't know and never asked. All I got was a postcard in the mail stating the $5 as a rebate from them as part of the promo.

Also, I could not find the 8/5 BP listed on VPfree2.

Things probably have changed. That whole list is basically my reporting when I spent a bunch of time updating places.
And I guess the quick quads was gone too when you played there? Someone reported that missing 8 days ago. That was full pay. :( Hit and ran them my last trip there in June 2014.

Actuarial
Actuarial
August 24th, 2015 at 4:48:44 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

The "haven't been here awhile" portion probably applies to those who played at Argosy before they became part of Penn Gaming's Marquee Rewards. If you are already a Marquee Rewards member, I'd assume you wouldn't be applicable (i.e. me :().

As for how they divvy the freeplay up, yeah, that is property dependent. I would expect that you would have to return a different day at least twice, possibly more. Unfortunately a call or a personal visit is probably necessary to figure out the exact regulations.

Yeah, I have never been there nor signed up for a Marquee rewards. It sounds like it's based on your theoretical losses though.
tringlomane
tringlomane
August 24th, 2015 at 5:00:07 PM permalink
Quote: Actuarial

Yeah, I have never been there nor signed up for a Marquee rewards. It sounds like it's based on your theoretical losses though.

It does? From the info I've read I don't get that impression. If you win though, you won't get anything other than the standard marketing offer which would be theo based. I've always lost on loss rebates though. :(
Actuarial
Actuarial
August 24th, 2015 at 5:06:58 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

It does? From the info I've read I don't get that impression. If you win though, you won't get anything other than the standard marketing offer which would be theo based. I've always lost on loss rebates though. :(

I was just going off of 'Ibeatyouraces' story. It just seems like it's not going to be that much due to the severe lack of details, but since I'll already be staying at the Ameristar I might as well check it out on my way over there.

• Jump to: