2 votes (6.25%)
4 votes (12.5%)

32 members have voted

ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 98
August 28th, 2020 at 1:07:35 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Has there been any issues with coin tolls on the highway?

The San Francisco area bridges have pulled all toll takers - instead, if you don't already have FasTrak (the California version of E-Z Pass), each toll booth takes a photo of your car's rear license plate (which it already does, in case your transponder doesn't work), and you are then sent a bill.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 102
August 28th, 2020 at 1:15:23 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

The San Francisco area bridges have pulled all toll takers - instead, if you don't already have FasTrak (the California version of E-Z Pass), each toll booth takes a photo of your car's rear license plate (which it already does, in case your transponder doesn't work), and you are then sent a bill.

Before switching to Nevada I averaged two bills a year from the Golden Gate Bridge and never in my life did I drive there. A case of mistaken identity. LOL

It only involved one postage stamp to return the bill with a note to cancel it.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 41
August 28th, 2020 at 1:25:46 PM permalink
I noticed a couple cars in my town that somebody spray painted the license plates with a silver spray paint. What would that be about?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 167
August 28th, 2020 at 1:58:40 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

I noticed a couple cars in my town that somebody spray painted the license plates with a silver spray paint. What would that be about?

The Lone Ranger returns?
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
August 28th, 2020 at 2:14:55 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I heard this on cars. People forget sales were down 50% but production was down 100%. The "days supply" always interested me. You have to study it a bit to get that when you get to too few days that means there is not the variety to choose from, so a customer may walk because they do not have what they want even though there are "38 days" supply.

Some of it may be parts. I am waiting two months plus for a hot tub because the plant cannot get all the parts they need to produce to demand. It is a weird time. Supposedly a recession yet demand in these items cannot be met and if you have the right job recruiters keep calling.

So, I work for a Nissan dealer. If I sell as dealership 12 Rogues a month and I have 15 new Rogues on site that is a 1.25 month supply or 38 days. Where it gets tricky with variety is there are 4 trim levels and 6 special packages and 9 colors. So if you specifically want a black on black SV the odds of me having that in stock are slim and if I do not other dealerships have similar issues for me to trade so I can get one. If I have 48 Rogues in stock the odds greatly increase that I have it or can get it. I live in the Chicago market and due to the shortage I had to go to Columbus, OH to get a car for a customer. Then you get into the whole issue of a customer now wanting a discount because the car will now have 350 to 400 miles
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 211
August 28th, 2020 at 2:40:52 PM permalink
One really should get EZpass, you'll be intentionally ripped off and gouged if you're getting bills by mail. Just trust me, will not waste time explaining.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 224
August 28th, 2020 at 2:50:46 PM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

So, I work for a Nissan dealer. If I sell as dealership 12 Rogues a month and I have 15 new Rogues on site that is a 1.25 month supply or 38 days. Where it gets tricky with variety is there are 4 trim levels and 6 special packages and 9 colors. So if you specifically want a black on black SV the odds of me having that in stock are slim and if I do not other dealerships have similar issues for me to trade so I can get one. If I have 48 Rogues in stock the odds greatly increase that I have it or can get it. I live in the Chicago market and due to the shortage I had to go to Columbus, OH to get a car for a customer. Then you get into the whole issue of a customer now wanting a discount because the car will now have 350 to 400 miles

I heard that some vehicles were down to like 10 days supply at one point! Chevy dealers having just a handful of Silverados instead of a normal 50. I know a guy said they had a ton of supply because there were 80 cars or something. I explained that if there is nothing behind them in the chain the dealer will be less likely to deal. Floor financing of $200 vs nothing to sell, why deal big?

Even though I am 5 years out I have been playing online with equipping my next vehicle. I was amazed there were about 5 fairly close by, within 60 miles.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 224
August 28th, 2020 at 2:51:42 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

People thinking it will defeat photo enforcement. Photo enforcement is a sore subject, but the sprays will not work.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
August 28th, 2020 at 3:04:07 PM permalink
For some it may be. We are on track to run out of the Rogue in September. The stoppage at the plant led into what would have been a natural transformation as the 2021 is a remodel. Instead of ramping up 2020 Rogue production for a short while, the decided to just start producing the 2021 with the new body although they will not hit showrooms until November
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 98
August 28th, 2020 at 4:59:02 PM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

Before switching to Nevada I averaged two bills a year from the Golden Gate Bridge and never in my life did I drive there. A case of mistaken identity. LOL

It only involved one postage stamp to return the bill with a note to cancel it.

Right after I bought a new car, I got two bills - one because my old car was caught going across a bridge without a FasTrak transponder (and I had switched my transponder to my new car - it can take forever for California's DMV to process paperwork; I once waited four months to get license plates for a car), and one from San Diego (500 miles away) because it had the same temporary license plate number (which I thought wasn't supposed to be possible).

• Jump to: