Thread Rating:

Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 186
May 26th, 2022 at 6:47:42 PM permalink
Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love… true love never dies…. Doesn’t matter if it’s true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in.
NO KILL I
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 56
Thanks for this post from:
Mosca
May 26th, 2022 at 7:43:08 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love… true love never dies…. Doesn’t matter if it’s true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in.
link to original post

One of my favorite quotes from the film Secondhand Lions, beautifully delivered by Robert Duvall.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 56
May 26th, 2022 at 7:43:13 PM permalink

link to original post

One of my favorite quotes from the film Secondhand Lions, beautifully delivered by Robert Duvall.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 205
May 27th, 2022 at 2:18:32 AM permalink

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams__________________________William Butler Yeats

"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 186
May 27th, 2022 at 8:07:27 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

link to original post

link to original post

A fantastic movie.
NO KILL I
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 205
May 27th, 2022 at 3:41:46 PM permalink

the lyrics from the only Kenny Rogers song I ever liked - and I liked it a lot

I woke up this mornin' with the sundown shinin' in
I found my mind in a brown paper bag within

I tripped on a cloud and fell eight miles high
I tore my mind on a jagged sky

I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in

I pushed my soul in a deep dark hole and then I followed it in
I watched myself crawlin' out as I was crawlin' in

I got up so tight I couldn't unwind
I saw so much I broke my mind

Someone painted "april fool" in big black letters on a "dead end" sign
I had my foot on the gas as I left the road and blew out my mind

Eight miles outta Memphis and I got no spare
Eight miles straight up downtown somewhere

I said I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in

Yeah yeah oh-yeah

"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 13
June 8th, 2022 at 7:27:59 AM permalink
Quote: Socrates

Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people

May the cards fall in your favor.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 80
June 8th, 2022 at 7:36:55 AM permalink
Quote: Dieter

Quote: Socrates

Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people

link to original post

I have never heard that but it is so true.
Order from chaos
Seedvalue
Seedvalue
  • Threads: 0
June 8th, 2022 at 11:26:53 PM permalink
“The biggest trouble with success is that its formula is just about the same as that for a nervous breakdown.”

John Holmes
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 13
June 12th, 2022 at 5:31:58 AM permalink
I'm just dropping an author name:
Victor Frankl

I saw something scroll by on another internet site, one of those feel-goodie quotes formatted as an inspiring image. While trying to authenticate that quote, I came across too many other good quotes to pick one.
I get the feeling that someone can open Man's Search for Meaning to a random page, touch a finger to a passage, and... there's your inspiring quote for the day.
May the cards fall in your favor.

• Jump to: