Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
April 7th, 2020 at 9:06:22 AM permalink
I'm sure two white men would have gone to the back of the line and waited patiently in order to ask for a bag.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
April 7th, 2020 at 9:26:33 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I believe it.

It made absolutely no sense to me that they didn't help at all, therefore, I was wearing them whenever possible.

Even if it helps it from just spreading, they should be mandatory for anyone out in public. No one should be allowed in a public area without one.

My main fear with that is people will believe they are safe as long as they are wearing a mask.

The few times that I have been out driving, I've noticed there's lots of people out walking around on the city sidewalks all crowded up next to each other at the crosswalks. I'm not trying to be racist or anything, but I noticed most of those people are minorities. The few times I have been in the stores, it seems like African American people don't seem to be as concern concerned about all this. I noticed a much larger percent of African-Americans are not wearing masks. They don't seem to respect your space and the social distancing protocol. They just seem to be very nonchalant about the whole thing. I was back in the electronic section where everybody seem to be about 10 feet away from each other while waiting patiently in line. While I was at the counter two African American men shoot past the line directly next to me and interrupt the cashier while I'm doing my transaction, just to DEMAND a bag.

Definitely anecdotal

Most of my family and friends are black and they are ridiculously paranoid right now. One is self-quarantined for three weeks now and still thinks she has the Coronavirus. I had to talk her out of going to the hospital with NO symptoms because of her paranoia to confirm

Meanwhile predominantly white congregations are gathering in a few churches to the point it's making headlines

This is just about people in general. Race should not be a factor in discussion here
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
April 7th, 2020 at 9:47:52 AM permalink

I believe it.

It made absolutely no sense to me that they didn't help at all, therefore, I was wearing them whenever possible.

Even if it helps it from just spreading, they should be mandatory for anyone out in public. No one should be allowed in a public area without one.

My main fear with that is people will believe they are safe as long as they are wearing a mask.

The few times that I have been out driving, I've noticed there's lots of people out walking around on the city sidewalks all crowded up next to each other at the crosswalks. I'm not trying to be racist or anything, but I noticed most of those people are minorities. The few times I have been in the stores, it seems like African American people don't seem to be as concern concerned about all this. I noticed a much larger percent of African-Americans are not wearing masks. They don't seem to respect your space and the social distancing protocol. They just seem to be very nonchalant about the whole thing. I was back in the electronic section where everybody seem to be about 10 feet away from each other while waiting patiently in line. While I was at the counter two African American men shoot past the line directly next to me and interrupt the cashier while I'm doing my transaction, just to DEMAND a bag.

Yes, that's probably why they have an unusually high infection rate among African Americans in Illinois.
Keyser
Keyser
April 7th, 2020 at 9:54:06 AM permalink
Quote: GDBONES

I have seen reports that some of the people promoting the medication have large holdings in the drug manufacturer, Sanofi.

That's ludicrous. Turn off the MSNBC.
TDVegas
TDVegas
  • Threads: 3
April 7th, 2020 at 9:56:01 AM permalink
We have to be very careful with experimental drugs. There's good reason why a typical drug solution takes years to bring to market for treating just about anything.

While I understand there is anxiety, frustration and desperation going on....anecdotal reports of drugs working and not working can cause problems. We don't want to devolve into the 1880's snake oil situation where every barker had his own success stories and applied them universally.

Any drug being given now is based more on hope than any scientifics..
Keyser
Keyser
April 7th, 2020 at 10:26:53 AM permalink
Drugs like Hydroxychloroquine are safe and have been around for several decades. Much of what you're absorbing on TV, and even the internet is part of the disinformation campaign and social influencing designed to slow the rapid depletion of the drug. Fortunately production of the drug is increasing.

The drs that have taken part in the studies so far are saying that the data is statistically relevant.

"Masks don't work and shouldn't be worn by the general public."

"The general public should now wear masks to prevent the spread of the virus."
darkoz
darkoz
April 7th, 2020 at 10:43:33 AM permalink
Quote: Keyser

Drugs like Hydroxychloroquine are safe and have been around for several decades. Much of what you're absorbing on TV, and even the internet is part of the disinformation campaign and social influencing designed to slow the rapid depletion of the drug. Fortunately production of the drug is increasing.

The drs that have taken part in the studies so far are saying that the data is statistically relevant.

It's precisely because it's been around for decades that it almost certainly doesn't work against covid-19

With ten of thousands dying why not use it if It's been around for so long BTW, the government claims they purchased millions of units. So why are they not distributing it if it works?

For every article you can find saying hydroxychloriquine works I can find one that says it doesn't

Usually when a life and death crisis like this happens you have conformity with most reporting. A burning building usually gets most of the same coverage whether it's by the NYP (right leaning) or the Daily News (left leaning)

These disparate reports mean it doesn't work. Otherwise ALL the doctors on the front line would be on Fox news reporting it's efficacy
Keyser
Keyser
April 7th, 2020 at 11:20:38 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

It's precisely because it's been around for decades that it almost certainly doesn't work against covid-19

Asprins been around for decades and still works for a headache, but what that has to do with anything...well I have no idea. But neither do you with your comment above.

With ten of thousands dying why not use it if It's been around for so long BTW, the government claims they purchased millions of units. So why are they not distributing it if it works?

It is being distributed but still rationed to some extent. We need a lot more, which is why the US and EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD is currently pressuring India for even more. Just curious, why do you think we only have 11k deaths when they were predicting hundreds of thousands or even millions of deaths? (Yes social distancing is a factor, but they were predicting several hundreds of thousands or millions of deaths... even with distancing.)

For every article you can find saying hydroxychloriquine works I can find one that says it doesn't

No, you can't. You can find spin. Articles repeating the same thing over and over, referencing the same spin. The math backs it's success.

Usually when a life and death crisis like this happens you have conformity with most reporting. A burning building usually gets most of the same coverage whether it's by the NYP (right leaning) or the Daily News (left leaning).

The television reporting has been misleading on many levels. Now there are some fruit cakes out their claiming that the president is only pushing hydroxychloroquine because he has stock in the company. It's absurd. (MSNBC and the silly squad.)

These disparate reports mean it doesn't work. Otherwise ALL the doctors on the front line would be on Fox news reporting it's efficacy

There have been countless doctors on Fox touting it's success.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
April 7th, 2020 at 11:22:57 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

but it was racist - your anecdotal observations are not useful

I don't think racist means what you
think it means. I found his
observations very useful because
I noticed the same thing. Anecdotal
observations are what we use to
stay alive, how can they ever be
not useful. Touch a hot stove and
get burned. Are you going to keep
touching till the scientific study is released
telling you not to touch it? Good
luck with that..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
darkoz
darkoz
April 7th, 2020 at 11:29:43 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

luck with that..

So touching hot stoves are like observing black people at the supermarket. Wow
darkoz
darkoz
April 7th, 2020 at 11:35:01 AM permalink

Asprins been around for decades and still works for a headache, but what that has to do with anything...well I have no idea. But neither do you with your comment above.

It is being distributed but still rationed to some extent. We need a lot more, which is why the US and EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD is currently pressuring India for even more. Just curious, why do you think we only have 11k deaths when they were predicting hundreds of thousands or even millions of deaths? (Yes social distancing is a factor, but they were predicting several hundreds of thousands or millions of deaths even with distancing.)

No, you can't. You can find spin. Articles repeating the same thing over and over, referencing the same spin. The math backs it's success.

The television reporting has been misleading on many levels. Now there are some fruit cakes out their claiming that the president is only pushing hydroxychloroquine because he has stock in the company. It's absurd. (MSNBC and the silly squad.)

There have been countless doctors on Fox touting it's success.

You are getting too political for me to really answer. Start discussing right wing or left wing conspiracy theories and you go down the rabbit hole. I just got off suspension for something else.

I will answer only the 11k claim. Not sure why you point to that as hydroxychloriquine working. Two weeks ago we had a few hundred dead. Over ten K dead in two weeks doesn't point to a working drug

You are not suggesting this pandemic is over, are you? Why is everything still closed? Because 1200 a day(the last few days at least) are still dying

It's a bit weird for you to claim we didn't reach 100k dead when we add a thousand a day to the death toll.

Come back to me in 80 days and let's see where the death toll is. Then we can have a discussion of how many lives hydroxychloriquine saved
Keyser
Keyser
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
April 7th, 2020 at 11:36:06 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

but it was racist - your anecdotal observations are not useful

It's being smug and pretentious to claim that it's racist.

Some social groups are more or less likely to practice social distancing. Yes ethnicity sometimes is a factor. For example, in Africa they had a real problem with the natives digging up and dancing with the dead Ebola and pneumonic plague victims which was contributing to it's spread. The practice is famadihana.

https://www.newsweek.com/dancing-dead-plague-madagascar-693513

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/ebola-outbreak-burial-staff-put-at-risk-as-dead-are-more-contagious-than-living-9658114.html
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
April 7th, 2020 at 11:52:28 AM permalink

Based on clinical experience apparently.

Quote:

With ten of thousands dying why not use it if It's been around for so long BTW,

Because the virus is a few months old.

Quote:

the government claims they purchased millions of units. So why are they not distributing it if it works?

They ARE distributing according to the doctors using it. What is your statement based on?

Quote:

Too bad we can't see even one.
Keyser
Keyser
April 7th, 2020 at 11:53:59 AM permalink

I will answer only the 11k claim. Not sure why you point to that as hydroxychloriquine working.

Here's why. Logic, math, testimonial and common sense.

Two weeks ago we had a few hundred dead. Over ten K dead in two weeks doesn't point to a working drug

You're assuming everyone that's died has taken it. So far, this year more people have died from the flu, yet we have a vaccine for it. Does the vaccine not work? You're also naively assuming that if it works, that it should always work. So far it looks like it's drastically cutting the predicted mortality rate.

You are not suggesting this pandemic is over, are you? Why is everything still closed? Because 1200 a day(the last few days at least) are still dying

Nope. We still need more of the meds. We need enough so that more people can take it in a prophylactic manner or the moment that they have symptoms. Getting enough for distribution is going to take more time.

It's a bit weird for you to claim we didn't reach 100k dead when we add a thousand a day to the death toll.

So? That's still not going to add up to anywhere close to the numbers that they were predicting two months ago, a month ago, three weeks ago, or even a week ago. I suspect the numbers will peak at about 1400 per day, which is the rate at which smokers die each day, before declining.
darkoz
darkoz
April 7th, 2020 at 12:04:06 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Too bad we can't see even one.

Done

https://www.asbmb.org/asbmb-today/opinions/040520/a-small-trial-finds-that-hydroxychloroquine-is-not
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
April 7th, 2020 at 12:07:54 PM permalink

So far, this year more people have died from the flu, yet we have a vaccine for it. Does the vaccine not work?

From 2018

Quote:

Survey: 43 Percent of Adults Say No to Flu Vaccine
Most people said they are not getting vaccinated because they are concerned about side effects of the flu shot.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2018-12-06/survey-43-percent-of-adults-will-not-get-flu-shot
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Keyser
Keyser
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
April 7th, 2020 at 12:09:46 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

From 2018

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2018-12-06/survey-43-percent-of-adults-will-not-get-flu-shot

Exactly. You help make my point. Not everyone got the flu vaccine. Also, many people are dumb and refuse to get it because they think that it could give them the flu. Many of the same people are hiding away at home terrified of the Chinese corona virus.

Logic and common sense, are often in the way.
rxwine
rxwine
April 7th, 2020 at 12:16:45 PM permalink
I'm still think it's irresponsiple pushing as yet unsupported treatments, but not against anyone getting whatever they can get the doctor to order for them as long as they don't, or their family doesn't sue the medical community if it doesn't work as expected.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
darkoz
darkoz
April 7th, 2020 at 12:17:42 PM permalink

Exactly. You help make my point. Not everyone got the flu vaccine. Also, many people are dumb and refuse to get it because they think that it could give them the flu. Many of the same people are hiding away at home terrified of the Chinese corona virus.

Logic and common sense, are often in the way.

If you are not worried about Coronavirus you can always lick a public toilet.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/25/influencer-reportedly-hospitalized-with-coronavirus-after-licking-toilet/
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
April 7th, 2020 at 12:20:01 PM permalink

I believe it.

I think you're misunderstanding what's going on with black men. They don't want to show up ANYWHERE in a mask like a bandanna or cloth , unless it's obviously a surgical mask, because they think they'll get shot. At least that's what they're saying on various social media posts.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Keyser
Keyser
April 7th, 2020 at 12:21:51 PM permalink
Some of that's just playing the victim.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
April 7th, 2020 at 12:24:27 PM permalink

It's not safe. It has serious side effects up to and including death. It's only used (before this) for people with serious or life-threatening issues who have no better choice.
Keyser
Keyser
April 7th, 2020 at 12:33:20 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

It's not safe. It has serious side effects up to and including death. It's only used (before this) for people with serious or life-threatening issues who have no better choice.

That's largely just media hype and social influencing to discourage it's use until we have a lot more of it.

Drs will often routinely prescribe it prophylactically for people flying to tropic regions where malaria is running wild. They also routinely write it for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. Drs know when it's safe to prescribe it and when it's not. This drug has been around for a long long time and used by millions. In parts of the world they consume it like candy!

By the way, don't be buying or using N95 masks because they don't work to prevent the corona virus. ;) https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/do-masks-prevent-sickness-coronavirus-guide-what-do-not-do-ncna1154641
rxwine
rxwine
April 7th, 2020 at 12:52:05 PM permalink

By the way, don't be buying or using N95 masks because they don't work to prevent the corona virus. ;) https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/do-masks-prevent-sickness-coronavirus-guide-what-do-not-do-ncna1154641

It's actually explained quite well. If you're at the proper range, a mask is probably not going to make any difference.

In fact, without goggles your eyes are still vulnerable.
darkoz
darkoz
April 7th, 2020 at 12:52:26 PM permalink

That's largely just media hype and social influencing to discourage it's use until we have a lot more of it.

Drs will often routinely prescribe it prophylactically for people flying to tropic regions where malaria is running wild. They also routinely write it for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. Drs know when it's safe to prescribe it and when it's not. This drug has been around for a long long time and used by millions. In parts of the world they consume it like candy!

Yeah, prescribing arthritis medication for a virus makes lots of sense
jmills
jmills
  • Threads: 8
Thanked by
darkoztringlomane
April 7th, 2020 at 1:01:20 PM permalink

I suspect the numbers will peak at about 1400 per day, which is the rate at which smokers die each day, before declining.

Then we are peaking today, since 1600 deaths have already been reported.

I just want to point out a couple more factors related to black people being more heavily affected. In Chicago and other major cities, blacks and other minorities are more likely than whites to be essential workers and less likely to be able to work from home. They also depend on public transportation to a large degree. This leads to a higher exposure to the virus.

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/06/828303894/in-chicago-covid-19-is-hitting-the-black-community-hard
rxwine
rxwine
April 7th, 2020 at 1:07:58 PM permalink
There is one thing I think is wrong though, really small particles the N95 protects against might need an absolute good fitting mask, but you still should get protection from the coronavirus if it is as large as they say and isn't uh, "floaty". (aerosol).
LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
  • Threads: 55
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
April 7th, 2020 at 1:11:04 PM permalink

It -- Hydroxychloroquine -- is not safe. It has serious side effects up to and including death. It's only used (before this) for people with serious or life-threatening issues who have no better choice.

I don't get it. No one ever heard of this stuff except for rather rare conditions (who now apparently have problems getting it for themselves).

Suddenly, this stuff is touted by TV personalities, government leaders, some doctors, and numerous others desperate for a cure. Who makes this stuff? Who is collecting all the $$$ from sales increases? Could this be a pump-and-dump? Is India or Russia our only supplier? I wish I had all the answers. Somehow, this doesn't smell right to me.

However, if someone wants t drink that kool-ade, I hope they have a successful outcome.
Keyser
Keyser
April 7th, 2020 at 2:20:21 PM permalink

Yeah, prescribing arthritis medication for a virus makes lots of sense

Psst...it's a drug for malaria that's also being used for rheumatoid arthritis and even lupus. The reason they say it works for the Chinese virus is because of the ionophore effect enabling zinc to enter the cell and cut replication of the virus.

Ya think that you should perhaps email themz there drs and tell them how foolish they are for prescribing that there malaria medicine for arthritis, lupus and the Chinese coronavirus?
darkoz
darkoz
April 7th, 2020 at 2:46:11 PM permalink

Psst...it's a drug for malaria that's also being used for rheumatoid arthritis and even lupus. The reason they say it works for the Chinese virus is because of the ionophore effect enabling zinc to enter the cell and cut replication of the virus.

Ya think that you should perhaps email themz there drs and tell them how foolish they are for prescribing that there malaria medicine for arthritis, lupus and the Chinese coronavirus?

New reports

Not looking good for hydroxychloriquine

https://www.newsweek.com/hydroxychloroquine-questions-intensify-journal-says-its-drug-study-did-not-meet-expected-1496459

No, just the Coronavirus
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
April 7th, 2020 at 3:26:40 PM permalink

https://www.asbmb.org/asbmb-today/opinions/040520/a-small-trial-finds-that-hydroxychloroquine-is-not

@”There were 7 men and 4 women. . . , 8 had significant comorbidities associated with poor outcomes (obesity: 2; solid cancer: 3; hematological cancer: 2; HIV-infection: 1).
At the time of treatment initiation, 10/11 had fever and received nasal oxygen therapy. Within 5 days, one patient died, two were transferred to the ICU. In one patient, hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin were discontinued after 4 days because of a prolongation of the QT interval from 405 ms before treatment to 460 and 470 ms under the combination.”

And the people who don’t like chloroquine and its descendants for whatever unstated reason complain that Raoult and Gautret’s reported success in 78 of 80 cases was so small as to be “anecdotal.”.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
Thanked by
tringlomane
April 7th, 2020 at 4:57:52 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

luck with that..

I'm hearing the same thing from others as well, perhaps it's just the culture of certain cities and areas. Barbara brought up the fact that males don't want to wear masks in fear of being labeled a gang member or something. I'm sure about all that, they seem to have some pretty colorful shoes on(perhaps that's not a dang thing anymore.) That might be the case in some places, but I highly doubt that's the case in the situation and areas I'm talking about. And of course, they could always wear some non-threatening color and something that looks a obvious like a face mask(so easy to do). I'm talking about when they are inside the store with the groceries in tow, not walking down the street. It still doesn't explain the fact that they don't respect your space and social distancing.

Perhaps it is/was racist, I don't really know, I've always said I don't believe there's anybody that isn't somewhat racist. I've been guilty of stereotyping people of all races including my own. Not everybody that dresses, looks like and possibly smells like a homeless person is a homeless person they could be millionaires living a mansion for all I know, however, I'm going to assume they are homeless if they fit my general idea of what a homeless person looks like.

I don't hate someone or think they're inferior because of their color, I wouldn't avoid being friends with, or doing business with somebody based on their color. I certainly might stereotype on someone based on a variety of things, color might play a part of that. I know most people consider that as being racist. I generally try to judge people on how they act, speak, dress and how respectful they are to me and others. If that's all good, I don't care what color or sexual orientation you are.

I know some people that go out of their way and swear up and down they're not in the least bit racist, but they're only real agenda is not wanting other people think bad about them. Or they're trying fake how superior and evolved they are to others around them. Sometimes I think they just want to play Devil's Advocate.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
April 7th, 2020 at 5:04:41 PM permalink
Quote: jmills

They also depend on public transportation to a large degree. This leads to a higher exposure to the virus.

I thought nobody was using public transportation, I've seen the pictures.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
darkoz
darkoz
April 7th, 2020 at 5:34:33 PM permalink

I thought nobody was using public transportation, I've seen the pictures.

That was his point. Essential workers may still use public transportation to get to work. Minorities usually tend to be essential workers. Nursing, food service etc
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
April 8th, 2020 at 2:57:03 AM permalink
I started tracking the no. of U.S. deaths per CDC day by day

thru 4/5........................................... 7,616

thru 4/6........................................... 8,910...................................about 1300 more in the one day

thru 4/7..........................................12,064..................................

unfortunately, in one day the total increased by a lot; by more than 3,000; much more than the previous day increase

I'm not saying this stat is very meaningful but I will continue tracking day by day and sometimes posting the stats

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html
Please don't feed the trolls
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
April 8th, 2020 at 10:06:13 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

If tigers can be infected by coronavirus, can other animals? Such as rats? Mice? (I understand that domestic pets such as dogs and cats may have been shown to be unlikely to be infected.)

I am just wondering whether there is a transmission route that the self-anointed experts are missing.

My local news channel (ABC) was talking about this last night and they included dogs in their warning to not hug your pets if you have the virus. This scares the crap out of me, I care more about my pets than myself, even though they need me to stay alive. I have stocked up on pet food, in fact, but am getting very low on things for me to eat, and I really don't want to go to the market. My cats are indoor cats, at least, and I stopped taking Doggy for walks, just short car rides because she won't stop barking until I take her somewhere.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
April 8th, 2020 at 11:01:34 AM permalink
The number is one. A dear friend, my secretary from first job, is on a ventilator due to COVID. She was working as a part time secretary in a doctor's office. Early 70's. Hoping.....
Keyser
Keyser
Thanked by
Fleaswatter
April 8th, 2020 at 3:33:28 PM permalink
I suspect Hydroxychloroquine +Zinc is making a significant dent in number of deaths here in the US.

On Tuesday, the IHME estimated about 82,000 people will die from Chinese virus by August. On Wednesday, that estimate was lowered to 60,415.
darkoz
darkoz
April 8th, 2020 at 4:02:50 PM permalink

I suspect Hydroxychloroquine +Zinc is making a significant dent in number of deaths here in the US.

On Tuesday, the IHME estimated about 82,000 people will die from Chinese virus by August. On Wednesday, that estimate was lowered to 60,415.

That's based on social distance measurements

Yesterday there were over 2,000 deaths from Coronavirus coincidentally that was one day after you predicted we would not go over 1400.

If hydroxychloriquine worked we would not be worrying about 60,000 dead. We would just cure people with it. Unless you feel 60,000 dead in four months is a viable cure

Sad! Doctor's reporting no signs of hydroxychloriquine working

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/no-miraculous-recovery-some-icu-doctors-say-hydroxychloroquine-isn-t-n1177556
Last edited by: darkoz on Apr 8, 2020
Keyser
Keyser
Thanked by
Fleaswatter
April 8th, 2020 at 6:08:49 PM permalink

Yesterday there were over 2,000 deaths from Coronavirus coincidentally that was one day after you predicted we would not go over 1400.

BS! I never said that.

Sad! Doctor's reporting no signs of hydroxychloriquine working

Thousands of doctors are saying it works!

"This is a new virus. This drug has not been tested in this regard, but thousands of doctors are saying it works. "

"In Michigan, Democratic State Representative Karen Whitsett contracted the disease and was given the drug. She said she felt relief from her symptoms in less than two hours. She was aware of hydroxychloroquine due to a recent Lyme’s Disease diagnosis but didn’t know it could be used to treat COVID-19. She credits the drug and President Trump for possibly saving her life. "

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2020/04/08/65-percent-of-doctors-would-prescribe-hydroxychloroquine-to-their-families-n2566582
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
tringlomane
April 8th, 2020 at 6:26:07 PM permalink

I suspect the numbers will peak at about 1400 per day, which is the rate at which smokers die each day, before declining.

2000 dead yesterday.

What a horrible prediction

Hydroxychloriquine saving no one

The CDC has now changed their guidance on hydroxychloriquine after it failed to stop Coronavirus

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/04/08/coronavirus-cdc-removes-guidance-hydroxychloroquine-treatment/2967852001/
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
April 8th, 2020 at 6:51:53 PM permalink

I suspect you're confusing wishful thinking with science. It could be a valid therapy, it could change nothing, its efficacy could depend on multiple unidentified factors in each patient.

I also don't like you interjecting the politically aimed dog whistle of "Chinese" virus into this conversation. Warning to keep to facts and not slurs.
Keyser
Keyser
Thanked by
ForagerFleaswatterAZDuffmanDDB
April 8th, 2020 at 7:12:00 PM permalink

I suspect you're confusing wishful thinking with science. It could be a valid therapy, it could change nothing, its efficacy could depend on multiple unidentified factors in each patient.

I also don't like you interjecting the politically aimed dog whistle of "Chinese" virus into this conversation. Warning to keep to facts and not slurs.

Beachbumbas,

Slurs???

If we were to discuss Lyme disease, is that politically incorrect, since that's Old Lyme Connecticut?
How about the Norovirus? Norwalk Ohio

MERS Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS)
Also known as “camel flu,” MERS was first reported in Saudi Arabia in 2012 and all cases are linked to those who traveled to the Middle Eastern peninsula.

Zika Fever?
First discovered in 1947 and named after the Zika Forest in Uganda.

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever?
Named after the mountain range spreading across western North America first recognized first in 1896 in Idaho.

Ebola? It's a virus that causes a hemorrhagic fever. It's named after a river in the Democratic Republic of Congo

How about the West Nile?
The Spanish Flu?
Legionnaire’s Disease?
German Measles?

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/13/17-diseases-named-after-places-or-people/

I'm not introducing politics or political correctness into the conversation. However you are and are clearly being influenced by the communist party of China if you think otherwise. There's a very long long history of naming disease based on where they originate. If you don't it like then perhaps you need to start emailing scientists and book publishers and inform them that you're feeling offended and that they need to change the names right away!

Pretentiousness and smug is a disease as well. Try not to get infected. ;)
Keyser
Keyser
Thanked by
Fleaswatter
April 8th, 2020 at 7:15:31 PM permalink

2000 dead yesterday.

What a horrible prediction

Hydroxychloriquine saving no one

The CDC has now changed their guidance on hydroxychloriquine after it failed to stop Coronavirus

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/04/08/coronavirus-cdc-removes-guidance-hydroxychloroquine-treatment/2967852001/

April 6 in MD they predicted 2326 deaths.
April 8, just two days later they had to revise their predictions to 1094 deaths.
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
April 8th, 2020 at 7:34:34 PM permalink

April 6 in MD they predicted 2326 deaths.
April 8, just two days later they had to revise their predictions to 1094 deaths.

So?

They didn't base that on hydroxychloriquine

If that's your claim then post link to article specifically stating that

Meanwhile thousands more are dying while this "cure" that doesn't work is touted by non medical professionals
rxwine
rxwine
April 8th, 2020 at 9:50:06 PM permalink

[
I'm not introducing politics or political correctness into the conversation.

Bullshit. The official name is not Chinese Virus. Just like H1N1 is not the Mexican flu.
Keyser
Keyser
Thanked by
ForagerDDB
April 8th, 2020 at 10:00:44 PM permalink

[

Bullshit. The official name is not Chinese Virus. Just like H1N1 is not the Mexican flu.

The location where the virus originated and it's use in describing the disease should not be offensive to anyone. Claiming otherwise is just communism manipulating gullible people via social influencing. Gullible people often want to be viewed as being trendy and "in the know". Correcting other people that aren't perceived as being as trendy is just being pretentious and smug. Don't fall for it. Ignore twitter, and ignore the social media trends. They aren't real.

The virus originated in Wuhan China.
rxwine
rxwine
April 8th, 2020 at 10:01:43 PM permalink
Quote:

The disease caused by the novel coronavirus has a name: Covid-19.
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the director-general of the World Health Organization, announced the name Tuesday, giving a specific identifier to a disease that has been confirmed in more than 42,000 people and caused more than 1,000 deaths in China. There have been fewer than 400 cases in 24 other countries, with one death.
In choosing the name, WHO advisers focused simply on the type of virus that causes the disease. Co and Vi come from coronavirus, Tedros explained, with D meaning disease and 19 standing for 2019, the year the first cases were seen.

darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
tringlomane
April 8th, 2020 at 10:05:35 PM permalink

[

I was just about to say the same.

While lots of diseases have names that are regionally named "Spanish flu, Russian Flu, etc, this one is NOT named Chinese Flu. It's named Covid-19 or Sars-2

Choosing to name it a particular race disease on your own (and I am certain Keyser is not an official disease nomenclature designator) is just racist.
rxwine
rxwine
April 8th, 2020 at 10:07:30 PM permalink

Choosing to name it a particular race disease on your own (and I am certain Keyser is not an official disease nomenclature designator) is just racist.

And that's just what I was about to add. Unaware of Keyser official naming status. Maybe he has some credentials.
  • Jump to: