Beerme
Beerme
  • Threads: 1
June 8th, 2016 at 5:02:41 AM permalink
Hi. I'm new to this forum. Sorry if this is a repeat thread. I have an issue with the house edge calculator on the wizard of odds website. When playing on a 4 deck csm where the dealer hits a sft17, the house edge will increase or decrease 6 percent when you toggle the "respilt aces" option. I find this extreme since this is a rare occurrence. (Other settings include, no surrender, double on first two cards and blackjack pays 3-2). Why would this option swing the odds so much?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
June 8th, 2016 at 6:14:23 AM permalink
Quote: Beerme

Hi. I'm new to this forum. Sorry if this is a repeat thread. I have an issue with the house edge calculator on the wizard of odds website. When playing on a 4 deck csm where the dealer hits a sft17, the house edge will increase or decrease 6 percent when you toggle the "respilt aces" option. I find this extreme since this is a rare occurrence. (Other settings include, no surrender, double on first two cards and blackjack pays 3-2). Why would this option swing the odds so much?

I tried replicating what you were seeing, and, setting it as you did, toggling the resplit aces option gave a difference of ~.06% HE, not 6%. The numbers have already been corrected from decimal to percentage, so you're looking at 6 one-hundredths of a percent. I'm not a math guy, but that doesn't seem out of line to me.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
June 8th, 2016 at 8:09:49 AM permalink
When I plug in 4D, H17, nRSA, I get a house edge on the shuffler of: .56268%

When I change it to RSA, I then get a house edge on the shuffler of: .49852%.

The RSA option carries "just over" .06% change to the house edge. This is accurately reflected in the numbers above. As Babs stated the numbers are already in % form so when you see .56 change to .49 that's not a full 6%, but .06%.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
onalinehorse
onalinehorse
  • Threads: 1
June 8th, 2016 at 8:27:32 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I tried replicating what you were seeing, and, setting it as you did, toggling the resplit aces option gave a difference of ~.06% HE, not 6%. The numbers have already been corrected from decimal to percentage, so you're looking at 6 one-hundredths of a percent. I'm not a math guy, but that doesn't seem out of line to me.

Not a math or any other kind of guy, darlin' !!!
  • Jump to: