NewToCraps
NewToCraps
  • Threads: 30
June 28th, 2013 at 11:08:55 PM permalink
I am learning, and do as many gamblers do when you get a "gut" feeling, I act on it. I know that gut feelings don't affect odds or house edge so I thought I would see what the math says.

I play the Place numbers, and will turn off my bets after the dice have left the table and a new dice comes into play. I know - silly superstition. Can you calculate the probabilty, odds and different house edge for the following two roll situations.

1) Roll one I have a wager on the place number 5 and the outcome is a win. Roll two I have the same situation, I win on the Place number 5.
I have wagered $5 on both rolls, so my winnings total $14. I understand a 5 has 4 of the 36 possible two dice rolled outcomes and to lose with a 7 has 6 of the 36 outcomes. A single roll true odds would be 6/4 or 3 to 2. The probabilty of a win would be 2/3 or 66.67 percent. I assume the probability of back to back rolls of a 5 are 0.6667 x 0.6667 or 0.4444 or 44.44 percent. This is where I get a bit lost. What are the true odds of the combined rolls? 1/.4444 ?
Then comes using these figures to determine house edge. Per charts a 5 has a single roll house edge of 1.11 and a total house edge of 4.00. For my second roll how are the two types of house edge figured ?

2) Roll one I have the same $5 wager on the Place 5, but had it called off. It was still the winning number, but it pushed for me with it off. Roll two I have turned on my bet and again 5 wins. Looking at the two rolls as a whole as compaired to the two rolls of the 1st example - is there a different house edge by having the first roll turned off ? I know I won less - $7 - but did my superstition actually make a difference in the math I.e. the probabily, true odds or house edge ?

Any formulas would help so I could also evaluate the 4 or 6 Place numbers.

Also if you look at a first roll on and second roll off, does that affect the math ?

Thanks !!!!
Learned Craps in 2013 .... Developed and have a PATENT on Craps "Back On Bet" side bet ... Working on Craps game variations hope to have patents in 2018 - Second Chance Craps and Sub-Crap-tion ... A completely new dice game idea is next - D.. Dice D......
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 29th, 2013 at 3:20:12 AM permalink
You is mixing two different concepts....I think.

Just calculate the probabilities of the event taking place... that is all.

You've got one die Red and one die Blue and when you take Red and Blue together you've got just so many possibilities.

Concentrate on the event taking place, not whether a bet is resolved by it ...
Only figure the Come Out Roll for a pass line bettor... and the probability of his establishing a point for "the bonus roll", not the probability of his resolving the bet after the bonus round.

(Am I making sense? If so, lets celebrate on the first time for everything theory).
  • Jump to: