HorseJeff
HorseJeff
  • Threads: 12
November 15th, 2012 at 12:18:32 PM permalink
The Zappos Rock & Roll Las Vegas Marathon will be held on Sun., Dec. 2, 2012. Marathon begins at 3 p.m. and half marathon begins at 4:30. Starting line is in front of Mandalay Bay at Dewey.

Just passing along so if you plan on being in town you can a) avoid the area at all costs or; b) be sure to be there. Whichever suits you more.

Course runs the Strip and downtown then NW of downtown. Site for with course map and other details is www.stripatnight.com

--Jeff
The only thing more pathetic than watching a gambler who's afraid to lose is watching a gambler who is afraid to win. And I've seen plenty of both.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
November 15th, 2012 at 1:00:44 PM permalink
The course seems really different from last year's. But is that just my imagination? I think I would have remembered the runners having to go up MLK into North Las Vegas. That is a pretty rough neighborhood, even in the daytime.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
November 15th, 2012 at 1:08:01 PM permalink
Glad the start time is 3 P.M. cuz my 14 hour gambling/drinking/smoking binge is scheduled to end at 2 P.M., that gives me an hour to get to the starting line :)
HorseJeff
HorseJeff
  • Threads: 12
November 15th, 2012 at 2:11:40 PM permalink
@Ayecarumba: yeah, you usually don't see anyone running down MLK unless there are flashing lights behind them.
The only thing more pathetic than watching a gambler who's afraid to lose is watching a gambler who is afraid to win. And I've seen plenty of both.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
November 15th, 2012 at 2:14:13 PM permalink
I'm doing the half marathon for the third year in a row. It still starts at the Mandalay but ends at the Treasure Island this time. It makes up the distance by starting in the southbound direction of the Strip, and making a u-turn after about a mile.

I'd be up for dinner around the TI after the run if anyone is interested.

link to map
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
November 15th, 2012 at 2:48:14 PM permalink
Quote: HorseJeff

@Ayecarumba: yeah, you usually don't see anyone running down MLK unless there are flashing lights behind them.

hehe, it would be hard to run the whole course pushing a Costco shopping cart.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
  • Jump to: