Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
June 26th, 2013 at 8:31:08 AM permalink
I'm pretty much lost when it comes to math. So though I took a course in statistics and probability years ago, I only have a semi-intuitive grasp of things like odds and house edge. So my question is this: how is the house edge determined for pass/come don't pass/don't come bets? both with and without free odds to back them.

I dont' expect a tutorial or a detaield answer, but directing me to a simple resource, or perhaps a program, would be of enormous help.

Many thanks in advance.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
bushman
bushman
  • Threads: 9
June 26th, 2013 at 10:41:37 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

I'm pretty much lost when it comes to math. So though I took a course in statistics and probability years ago, I only have a semi-intuitive grasp of things like odds and house edge. So my question is this: how is the house edge determined for pass/come don't pass/don't come bets? both with and without free odds to back them.

I dont' expect a tutorial or a detaield answer, but directing me to a simple resource, or perhaps a program, would be of enormous help.

Many thanks in advance.

It probably doesn't get more detailed than this (sorry, I know you specifically requested against it) but the Wizard himself has a nice page on that other site of his: https://wizardofodds.com/games/craps/appendix/1/
Never count your winnings at hour 23 of a 24-hour drive.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
June 26th, 2013 at 10:42:38 AM permalink
Quote: bushman

It probably doesn't get more detailed than this (sorry, I know you specifically requested against it) but the Wizard himself has a nice page on that other site of his: https://wizardofodds.com/games/craps/appendix/1/

Thanks!

I meant I didn't mean for anyone here to post a detailed tutorial or explanation. That would be asking too much.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
bushman
bushman
  • Threads: 9
June 26th, 2013 at 10:46:58 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Thanks!

I meant I didn't mean for anyone here to post a detailed tutorial or explanation. That would be asking too much.

You are welcome. No worries, I should have figured you didn't want the details on the posted answer. Too many other things on my mind at the moment.
Never count your winnings at hour 23 of a 24-hour drive.
  • Jump to: