weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
April 3rd, 2011 at 2:41:46 PM permalink
Quote: teeth1

It was simply a general reference to the wide variety of interpretations, most of them contradictory, that are out there in relation to our hypothetical afterlife.

I would think, the very reason there are so many, and they are contradictory is that everybody likes to think for themselves rather than stick to one of the interpretations that already exist. I am not sure it is a bad thing.
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
teeth1
teeth1
  • Threads: 2
April 3rd, 2011 at 3:14:56 PM permalink
Quote: weaselman

I would think, the very reason there are so many, and they are contradictory is that everybody likes to think for themselves rather than stick to one of the interpretations that already exist. I am not sure it is a bad thing.

Maybe so, but there are billions out there with mindsets that aren't driven by independent individual thinking.
They have abandoned their power of reason & retain inflexible beliefs that were forced on them at a young impressionable age.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
April 3rd, 2011 at 4:29:05 PM permalink
Quote: ItsCalledSoccer

Thanks for the kind words. Right back at ya. And, if it makes any difference, I would like to express my appreciation to this forum because it has fostered an environment of being able to talk freely without becoming argumentative. With only a few exceptions, the members of this forum are able to discuss religion , politics, and gambling systems - all historically controversial subjects - with civility and honest, respectful disagreement. That's hard enough to find in person, much less at a stupid internet forum.

Your last paragraph is, I think, nakedly honest. I think it deals with subjects that should probably be shared with the people closest to you and trustworthy practitioners of a religion you think works for you. As for me, while I appreciate the question, I am no counselor. I'm more of an explorer and engineer, and I don't feel ... well, worthy ... to answer such questions in such a personal context.

What I think I can say is that, however shitty you think you've been, we've all been shitty, too. I think Christian theology says that. "Shitty" has all kinds of manifestations, and I don't have the courage you have to say how shitty I've been here. But suffice it to say, from who I am and what I observe ... we've all been shitty. In other words, you're normal.

Thanks again ICS. I hope you didn't feel tasked with 'being my counselor' or anything lol. I have no lasting grief or guilt from my past, I was just trying to figure out, based on Christian belief, where they think I am headed. I don't really care, it's not going to keep me up at night, I was just curious. The way I look at it....yeah, I've done some things I felt were wrong. And I've done some things I felt were right, but some belief system says were wrong. In the end, I have mended the fences to my satisfaction in respect to my transgressions. Those mistakes have made me what I am today, which many in my circle would say is a pretty good guy, save for my penchant for risking my life. If upon death I am wrong and have to face a maker, and I'm not allowed into his club based on some ritual I didn't partake in when I had then chance, then chances are I wouldn't have wanted to be a a part of it anyway.

I dunno, it's hard to speak of something that has so many aspects in such few words. As with probably all of us, if we gave our entire veiws on religion there wouldn't be enough room on the internet to hold all the text. I, like you, just hope (or maybe wish) that our thoughts could be traded in a productive, open minded manner, much like many of us have in this thread.

Quote: weaselman

The good news is it is never late. You still have time to get baptized, and absolved of your sin. Rationally, you should wait as long as possible, and do it on your death bed - that way, you will not have time to do more sins before you die.

I'm all set =) Even if the amazing happened and Christian beliefs were proved irrefutably true, I stand by my decision right or wrong. If that results in my damnation, so be it. I do not suffer bullies, not even All Mighty ones =p
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
April 3rd, 2011 at 6:12:21 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

God is pondering where to take his next vacation. An angel suggests Earth. "After all, boss, you haven't been there in over 2,000 years."

"No," God says. "Not Earth. Last time I hooked up with this nice Jewish girl, and those people are still talking about it."

HA! That's a pretty good one!
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
April 3rd, 2011 at 6:18:56 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

HA! That's a pretty good one!

Thanks.

Circumcision: a ritual God and the angels came up with during a wild, drunken party.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
teeth1
teeth1
April 3rd, 2011 at 8:10:49 PM permalink
Moses to God - "Can you run that by me again, the Arabs get all the oil and we get the end cut off our what?"
zippyboy
zippyboy
April 3rd, 2011 at 8:38:22 PM permalink
A sick girl in the hospital asks her nurse: "Who is God?"
"Well, honey," Nurse replies, "You know when you pray to Him that you'll live long enough to get that liver transplant? Well, he's the one who ignores you."
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
Wavy70
Wavy70
  • Threads: 15
April 10th, 2011 at 8:30:05 PM permalink
Ahhh back after a mini vacation.. Actually an unexpected vacation since I start the expected vacation in 2 days. But what I posted can easily be found in the CCC so not "Wavyism". There is Wavyism out there and trust me it is a hell of a lot more fun than most organized religions. Wavyism is for when Hedonism is a bit to constrained for you.

But after reading the last week of posts I see the infidels are running rampant on the board. Seem to have spurred a lot of doppelgangers on the WoV board.
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
  • Jump to: