3 votes (2.52%)

119 members have voted

ncfatcat
ncfatcat
  • Threads: 2
January 9th, 2017 at 10:42:26 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Are you sentencing them to death?

Yes the unintended? consequence of running Government like a business - get rid of the poor, ill, disabled - in other words if you can't make a profit for your Government "YOU'RE FIRED"
Gambling is a metaphor for life. Hang around long enough and it's all gone.
  • Threads: 31
January 9th, 2017 at 10:53:28 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Nothing like the significant sum that Paula Jones won.

I'm clueless about what you want express in one sentence. Come on, don't be a coward, just say what you want to say about Clinton. Don't be afraid, Clinton will not sue you for libel (Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer).

Trump is a racist, sexist, and rapist. Just say it.

If Ivana decides to re-litigate the rape charge, then Trump’s chance of conviction in the criminal court would vastly increase if Trump’s sex tape, and his many others public admissions are admissible evidences in court. With all the corroborating evidences, who would the jury believe (assuming Trumpers are not part of the jury panel): Ivana or Trump?
January 9th, 2017 at 11:03:14 AM permalink
Quote: ncfatcat

Yes the unintended? consequence of running Government like a business - get rid of the poor, ill, disabled - in other words if you can't make a profit for your Government "YOU'RE FIRED"

Ultimately the tax payers will foot the bill for the uninsured one way or another. The smart thing is making healthcare affordable and health insurance mandatory with enforcement that has teeth.

It appears to me that the GOP leaded by Trump is leading us all to a very steep cliff.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
Thanked by
RogerKinttringlomane
January 9th, 2017 at 11:12:52 AM permalink
I feel like it'd be easy to trick Donald into supporting Single Payer as long as it was just called TrumpCare.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
January 9th, 2017 at 11:17:25 AM permalink

I feel like it'd be easy to trick Donald into supporting Single Payer as long as it was just called TrumpCare.

Trump has big ego. It would work.

And if it is called TrumpCare, will Trump give us (tax payer/government) a discount in using the licensed Trump name?
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
January 9th, 2017 at 11:33:31 AM permalink
Quote: 777

I'm clueless about what you want express in one sentence. Come on, don't be a coward, just say what you want to say about Clinton. Don't be afraid, Clinton will not sue you for libel (Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer).

Trump is a racist, sexist, and rapist. Just say it.

If Ivana decides to re-litigate the rape charge, then Trump’s chance of conviction in the criminal court would vastly increase if Trump’s sex tape, and his many others public admissions are admissible evidences in court. With all the corroborating evidences, who would the jury believe (assuming Trumpers are not part of the jury panel): Ivana or Trump?

I'll say what I want to say, thank you. I'll even explain for people who can't recall or deal with recent history. Clinton's sexual escapades incurred court suits, federal investigations, perjury and almost $2 million in penalties, leaviing the family dead broke, according to his spouse. The baseless speculation about Ivana Trump is just continuing desperate fantasies about what a small segment of the population WISHES would occur. That is the definition of ill will.
January 9th, 2017 at 12:02:38 PM permalink

After this morning, Jack Ma might just decide to buy BA.

Your mention of Jack Ma's Alibaba led me to this BABA story, and the subsequent comment of the story by a user:

The story link:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/alibaba-ceo-jack-ma-meets-164900109.html

The user's comment in the story's comment section:

Dear President Barack Obama...Happy New Year's to you and your beautiful family!!! CONGRATULATIONS on the Glendale 134 Freeway being renamed in your honor!!! Soon you will no longer be in office but I am already beginning to miss you. I just want to personally thank you for leaving us with a robust economy, a strong housing market, and an even stronger stock market! Thank you for visiting Japan and doing the right thing by apologizing for the atomic nuclear holocaust in Hiroshima and Nagasaki! Thank you for pushing for stricter gun laws to protect our nation from further mass shootings! Thank you for boosting the Stock Market after the 2008 recession thanks to Bush's invasion of the Middle East! Thank you for continuing to lower our gas prices! Thank you for increasing the minimum wage to help out those struggling families! Thank you for implementing the Affordable Care Act to help out 30 million uninsured Americans with pre-existing health conditions. Thank you for being a kind, compassionate man who stands up for those who have no voices like the Muslim-Americans, African-American males, and undocumented immigrants. I appreciate that we you killed Bin Laden, did NOT invade any Middle Eastern nation, and involved America in NO MORE FUTILE WARS! I greatly appreciate that you saved 1.2 million American jobs when you bailed out the auto industry unlike George W Bush who hemorrhaged 800,000 jobs a month just before you took office. PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR COUNTRY NOW THAT DONALD TRUMP IS UNOFFICIALLY OUR PRESIDENT BY THE ELECTORAL VOTE AND NOT BY THE POPULAR VOTE. IT IS SUCH A SHAME THAT MR TRUMP IS ABOUT TO DESTROY AMERICA, BRING BACK TRICKLE-DOWN ECONOMICS, GIVE HUGE TAX CUTS TO THE WEALTHY, AND DEMOLISH THE MIDDLE CLASS BY RAISING OUR TAXES! .....You and your elegant wife are a such a class act who have made my life so much better and I will sincerely miss you both Mr. and Mrs. Obama!

Edit note: The commenter emphasized his/her comment in cap. This edit is to emphasize the comment's original emphasis in cap with bold emphasis.
Last edited by: 777 on Jan 9, 2017
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
January 9th, 2017 at 12:23:44 PM permalink

Let’s not be confused between the court of law and the court of public opinion, especially the court of public opinion in a politically charged environment.

In the court of public opinion, any political candidate running for office could be one thing to one side and something else to the other based on individual or collective of evidences from public sources, and it is up to the voters to decide. My position of Trump as a racist, sexist, and rapist are based on collection of real evidences, but not the fake news or fabricated evidences. If there are evidences that show that Ivana's and the child's accusations were fabricated by them, then my position on Trump as a rapist will be re-evaluated accordingly.

I will say that Ivana's was a business move. The others are likely a combination of trying to get a rich man's money, and some inappropriate behavior on DJT's part. More likely the former. Nether you nor I can really know which is true. (I am only addressing the rapist part).

I think people throw around the racist word too much. I would like to find a man who is not sexist, depending on how broad you want to make your definition.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
January 9th, 2017 at 12:46:13 PM permalink

I'll say what I want to say, thank you. I'll even explain for people who can't recall or deal with recent history. Clinton's sexual escapades incurred court suits, federal investigations, perjury and almost $2 million in penalties, leaviing the family dead broke, according to his spouse.

And Trump has ruined dozens of small businesses and currently owes over $5 million in unpaid labor costs to contractors who worked on renovating the hotel that the U.S. taxpayers are leasing to Trump. By any objective measurement, Trump has caused far more economic harm in his dealings than Clinton ever did. But that doesn't matter to you because you're not using objective measurements.

Help me understand your obsession with Bill Clinton. He was president two decades ago. Trump becomes president in less than two weeks. Why are you living in the past? Do you think that constantly deflecting to Clinton's sexual escapades over 20 years ago makes Trump's actions somehow forgivable? Does it make you feel better? There are lots of people who have done much worse stuff to women than Trump has done, and committed far worse frauds and breaches than Trump has done. But they're not the incoming president. Your continual deflection of the topic of Trump's acts onto Clinton's acts from 20 years ago tells me that, deep down, you're A-okay with Trump being an pervy old man. That's your cross to bear. I think it makes Americans look like buffoons, putting a lecher into office like that.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
January 9th, 2017 at 12:58:03 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Please cite the reference where he was convicted of such crime? Please cite the reference where any jurisdiction has charged DJT with a sex crime?
If all you have is a buffoon bragging to a loser that he could do to women as he pleases, then yeah, he is a buffoon, but his babbling about it does make it true.
So, ME, if you want to say "anyone who would say what DJT said should not be President", it would be hard to argue with you. But to continually claim he ACTUALLY committed the crime is not necessarily true.

I'm not making the claim. These women are making the claim:
http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/10/all-the-women-accusing-trump-of-rape-sexual-assault.html
http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/trump-and-the-truth-the-sexual-assault-allegations
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/assault-allegations-donald-trump-recapped/

Trump himself has admitted on numerous occasions to groping or fondling or leering at women, sometimes naked, often much younger than himself. If you believe all of those admissions are lies, how do you draw the line between those statements and the campaign promises that so many people believed to be true?

Yes, anyone who would say what DJT has said should not be President. And anyone who gives him a pass for saying that stuff doesn't reflect the values of our country.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
January 9th, 2017 at 1:09:19 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Let’s not be confused between the court of law and the court of public opinion, especially the court of public opinion in a politically charged environment.

In the court of public opinion, any political candidate running for office could be one thing to one side and something else to the other based on individual or collective of evidences from public sources, and it is up to the voters to decide. My position of Trump as a racist, sexist, and rapist are based on collection of real evidences, but not the fake news or fabricated evidences. If there are evidences that show that Ivana's and the child's accusations were fabricated by them, then my position on Trump as a rapist will be re-evaluated accordingly.

I will say that Ivana's was a business move. The others are likely a combination of trying to get a rich man's money, and some inappropriate behavior on DJT's part. More likely the former. Nether you nor I can really know which is true. (I am only addressing the rapist part).

I think people throw around the racist word too much. I would like to find a man who is not sexist, depending on how broad you want to make your definition.

In a political arena or a politically charged court of public opinion, you often find a "presumption of guilt until proven innocent" doctrine. For example, as you read through this entire 2016 Election thread, many had convicted Hillary of treason over the email issue, and she was also convicted of murder by many here regarding the Benghazi incident. And hypocritically, these same people demand absolute hard evidence when it comes to Trump's rape accusation. After evaluating all legitimate news source (and many originated from Trump himself), I've come to a conclusion that Trump is a racist, sexist, and rapist. My wishful thinking is that Ivana re-litigate this rape charge (I don't think there is a status of limitation on rape) and you and I are on this jury panel ...
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 9th, 2017 at 1:21:00 PM permalink

[ For example, as you read through this entire 2016 Election thread, many had convicted Hillary of treason over the email issue, and she was also convicted of murder by many here regarding the Benghazi incident. And hypocritically, these same people demand absolute hard evidence when it comes to Trump's rape accusation.

One major difference between the Trump and Clinton questions is that Clinton was the subject of a major federal criminal investigation that lasted more than a year and involved more than 100 F.B.I. agents. Not so much with the Trump narrative. Yet another false equivalency.
January 9th, 2017 at 1:58:09 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

Yes, anyone who would say what DJT has said should not be President. And anyone who gives him a pass for saying that stuff doesn't reflect the values of our country.

Since Hillary won the popular vote by nearly 3,000,000 ballots, it is comfortable to know that majority of American people still maintain a common decency, and the values of our country, although severely damage by Trumpers, are still embraced by majority of the American people.
January 9th, 2017 at 2:01:01 PM permalink

[ For example, as you read through this entire 2016 Election thread, many had convicted Hillary of treason over the email issue, and she was also convicted of murder by many here regarding the Benghazi incident. And hypocritically, these same people demand absolute hard evidence when it comes to Trump's rape accusation.

One major difference between the Trump and Clinton questions is that Clinton was the subject of a major federal criminal investigation that lasted more than a year and involved more than 100 F.B.I. agents. Not so much with the Trump narrative. Yet another false equivalency.

Is that really the Trumpers' thinking process? Let's all pray for better days for America ...
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
January 9th, 2017 at 5:23:12 PM permalink
I see republicans are desperate to dig up dirt on Streep
The latest
They are accusing her of clapping at an awards show regarding Roman Polanski
They are accusing her of supporting a child molester.
HMM
Jack Nicholson actually starred in Chinatown that Roman directed
lol
Is the right gonna go after Jack and so they are not hypocrites
Be careful righties, Jack is a pretty cool guy
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
January 9th, 2017 at 9:10:41 PM permalink

Because.... wait for it... they will lose coverage.

What if they can't afford it (please spare me the fantasy examples about them affording iPhones but not insurance)? What if they have a pre-existing condition that prevented them from getting coverage before the ACA?

Are you sentencing them to death?

Actually we all are.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
January 9th, 2017 at 9:24:56 PM permalink
Watching the Trump haters continuing to grasp at straws is becoming inherently difficult to deal with. It is sad to realize how many are part of the problem. There are numerous people who have apparently been deceived, beyond comprehension. If one isn't capable of seeing the previous 8 years of damage from the predecessor, who accepted the presidency illegally I might add, they have lost all credibility in the intelligence department.

#MAGA

Solution Train now boarding. All aboard.

Departure time = 11 days
Last edited by: MaxPen on Jan 9, 2017
MaxPen
MaxPen
Thanked by
RogerKint
January 9th, 2017 at 9:28:15 PM permalink

Since Hillary won the popular vote by nearly 3,000,000 ballots, it is comfortable to know that majority of American people still maintain a common decency, and the values of our country, although severely damage by Trumpers, are still embraced by majority of the American people.

Time to stop whining and get something accomplished.
Boz
Boz
January 9th, 2017 at 9:33:08 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I see republicans are desperate to dig up dirt on Streep
The latest
They are accusing her of clapping at an awards show regarding Roman Polanski
They are accusing her of supporting a child molester.
HMM
Jack Nicholson actually starred in Chinatown that Roman directed
lol
Is the right gonna go after Jack and so they are not hypocrites
Be careful righties, Jack is a pretty cool guy

Just calling a her overrated old hag will work too. She looks like Hillary and never had a box office hit.

Just like ME, the Hollywood elite have no clue how most of America feels.

And just for Jack, the Lakers suck.
Boz
Boz
January 9th, 2017 at 9:35:06 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

They never will stop. Trump threatens their belief that Americans need liberal policies to survive. And you could never make it without them.
MaxPen
MaxPen
January 9th, 2017 at 9:37:52 PM permalink
Never feel sorry for those that have tried to destroy you and your way of life.

#TRUMP WON all the votes that mattered.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
January 9th, 2017 at 10:03:12 PM permalink
Damn. Like 10 pages ago (or it seems) I asked about a source proving him as a racist, sexist, and/or rapist. And, big surprise, not one has been posted.

Re-watch/listen to the "grab 'em by the pussy" video. Although very weak, this is the strongest source to the "rapist" theory. Seriously, listen to the damn audio. Please, someone -- ANYONE, quote Trump from the video admitting or even suggesting that he's raped anyone.

It's almost as bad as any time a black guy gets shot by a white policeman, every liberal in town and his mother screams racism.

777, being accused of rape does not make someone a rapist. "Public opinion" doesn't make someone a rapist or not. Trump could be a rapist....but so could you, or I, or anyone else be one. If I make unsubstantiated claims, accusing Obama of raping someone, can we all go ahead and call Obama a rapist? Of course not, that'd be ridiculous. But when a liberal does it to Trump.....well, here we are.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
January 9th, 2017 at 10:04:18 PM permalink

I agree, ya know what I mean?
MaxPen
MaxPen
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
January 9th, 2017 at 10:11:32 PM permalink

Good thing you said "feel" instead of THINK. Obama has you Jim Jones'ed.

SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 9th, 2017 at 10:22:58 PM permalink

I'm not making the claim. These women are making the claim:

Democrat operatives bursting forth at the height of the campaign for their five minutes. Never to be heard from again. Not very substantive and totally not corroborated.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
January 9th, 2017 at 10:32:49 PM permalink
This ad keeps popping up on my YouTube feed. I think I'd prefer ME's flow but this is good, too.

100% risk of ruin
terapined
terapined
January 10th, 2017 at 4:51:26 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

They never will stop. Trump threatens their belief that Americans need liberal policies to survive. And you could never make it without them.

Typical illogical conservative thinking
Conservatives went hard after Obama and Clinton. I just shrug. That's the way it is
Libs go after Trump. Conservatives cant just shrug and deal with reality, they blow a gasket and whine about libs.
Suck it up
Trump is comedy gold
lol
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
January 10th, 2017 at 4:51:40 AM permalink
Quote: RS

"Public opinion" doesn't make someone a rapist or not.

This is off the subject, and I'm not saying anything about Trump and these charges. But what is totally incredible to me is that the a great % of the public will forgive a celebrity who has been convicted of rape or other sexual assault charges. It's as if people have stars in their eyes. Mike Tyson, a convicted rapist recently had a broadway show. Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 year old cousin. After that was exposed he was still much loved in the U.S. Chuck Berry did jail time for traveling with a 14 year old girl. People still love him. Ben Rothlisberger was was twice accused of sexual assault and although never charged he apologized to one of the victims. Ben is a great hero in steeltown. Famous director Roman Polanski raped a child and couldn't be extradited and they love him in Europe. There are so many other examples. IT'S INCREDIBLE.
Please don't feed the trolls
ams288
ams288
January 10th, 2017 at 4:58:25 AM permalink

Watching the Trump haters continuing to grasp at straws is becoming inherently difficult to deal with. It is sad to realize how many are part of the problem. There are numerous people who have apparently been deceived, beyond comprehension. If one isn't capable of seeing the previous 8 years of damage from the predecessor, who accepted the presidency illegally I might add, they have lost all credibility in the intelligence department.

How did he accept the Presidency illegally?

I can't wait to hear this load of B.S.!
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
January 10th, 2017 at 8:26:20 AM permalink

How did he accept the Presidency illegally?

I can't wait to hear this load of B.S.!

Max still thinks Obama was born in Kenya. Except:
Quote: Donald J. Trump

Obama was born in the United States. Period.

Obviously one of them is wrong...
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
Thanked by
RogerKint
January 10th, 2017 at 8:52:39 AM permalink

Just calling a her overrated old hag will work too. She looks like Hillary and never had a box office hit.

How many movies have you been in that grossed $100M? She's been in six, and her films have a lifetime gross of over $2 billion dollars. That puts her in the top 100 all time, just above Anthony Hopkins, and ahead of both Arnold Schwarzenegger and Alan Rickman (RIP). Criticize the woman for her looks if you will (Trump does it, why shouldn't you?) but don't pretend for a second that she's not a fabulously successful actress.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?id=merylstreep.htm
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/?view=Actor&pagenum=2&sort=sumgross&order=DESC&&p=.htm

Quote:

Just like ME, the Hollywood elite have no clue how most of America feels.

I know how you and a lot of Trump supporters feel. Jubilant, hopeful, and defiant. Angry and emphatic.

That will give way to despair and disappointment in about six months. You've elected a man whose policies will financially benefit me and not you, yet ironically, you support that and I don't.

Some chess players can see several moves ahead and know that they're going to lose long before the first check is given. Other players are too focused on their last favorable exchange to see what's coming in the bigger picture, but that won't stop them from losing.

Electing Trump has made us all losers. You just can't see it yet. Our king will fall shortly, that's a given. What I don't know is who's playing the other side.
January 10th, 2017 at 9:14:42 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

This is off the subject, and I'm not saying anything about Trump and these charges. But what is totally incredible to me is that the a great % of the public will forgive a celebrity who has been convicted of rape or other sexual assault charges. It's as if people have stars in their eyes. Mike Tyson, a convicted rapist recently had a broadway show. Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 year old cousin. After that was exposed he was still much loved in the U.S. Chuck Berry did jail time for traveling with a 14 year old girl. People still love him. Ben Rothlisberger was was twice accused of sexual assault and although never charged he apologized to one of the victims. Ben is a great hero in steeltown. Famous director Roman Polanski raped a child and couldn't be extradited and they love him in Europe. There are so many other examples. IT'S INCREDIBLE.

I’m all for redemption and 2nd chance. Time heals all wounds, and people can change and be reformed, and we should allow those who made mistakes rebuild their lives to be productive in society. Yes, a pedophile, rapist, and Trump deserves a second chance and can be forgiven in due course, but we normally don’t let a pedophile or rapist work with children or be close to Aimee21.

It is reasonable to have one normal standard for ordinary citizens, and a much higher standard for those who can have great impact to the society, or can influence the lives of hundreds of millions. Time heals all wounds, and with time Trump’s bad conducts can be forgiven, but allowing a racist, sexist, and rapist Trump to be in a position of power, and to destroy our common decency is a great mistake. It is hard to imagine that a racist, sexist, and rapist Trump is now president-elect. IT'S INCREDIBLE.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
January 10th, 2017 at 9:19:25 AM permalink

Democrat operatives bursting forth at the height of the campaign for their five minutes. Never to be heard from again. Not very substantive and totally not corroborated.

Oh, so you didn't bother to read the articles, then? Several of those accusations were made long before Trump ran for president, and Trump himself has corroborated some of them. Openly, boastfully, and on tape.

Keep giving him a pass, though. It's helpful to understand that some of Trump's supporters are okay with the president of the United States being a lecher.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
January 10th, 2017 at 9:21:12 AM permalink

I’m all for redemption and 2nd chance. Time heals all wounds, and people can change and be reformed, and we should allow those who made mistakes rebuild their lives to be productive in society. Yes, a pedophile, rapist, and Trump deserves a second chance and can be forgiven in due course, but we normally don’t let a pedophile or rapist work with children or be close to Aimee.

It is reasonable to have one normal standard for ordinary citizens, and a much higher standard for those who can have great impact to the society, or can influence the lives of hundreds of millions. Time heals all wounds, and with time Trump’s bad conducts can be forgiven, but allowing a racist, sexist, and rapist Trump to be in a position of power, and to destroy our common decency is a great mistake. It is hard to imagine that a racist, sexist, and rapist Trump is now president-elect. IT'S INCREDIBLE.

Well it happened. Just continue venting your hatred here. I'd hate for you to do something horrific in real life like other haters have done.
100% risk of ruin
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 10th, 2017 at 10:01:05 AM permalink

Oh, so you didn't bother to read the articles, then? Several of those accusations were made long before Trump ran for president, and Trump himself has corroborated some of them. Openly, boastfully, and on tape.

The absence of even a single citation is noted.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 10th, 2017 at 10:09:44 AM permalink

Do you think that constantly deflecting to Clinton's sexual escapades over 20 years ago makes Trump's actions somehow forgivable? Does it make you feel better?

Seeing as how most of the accusations against Trump supposedly involve incidents from 20 or so years ago, it appears, unsurprisingly, that the proverbial double standard is once again being invoked. It is more than safe to say that such a ploy would not be tolerated in fields like, say, chemistry or mathematics.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 10th, 2017 at 10:11:16 AM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

Well it happened. Just continue venting your hatred here. I'd hate for you to do something horrific in real life like other haters have done.

Especially for those with such cavalier attitudes toward the rule of law.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 10th, 2017 at 10:11:19 AM permalink

Especially for those with such cavalier attitudes toward the rule of law.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
January 10th, 2017 at 10:13:28 AM permalink

And incorrectly so: there were plenty of citations in the articles you didn't read. Here's the New Yorker link again. Maybe you'll click on it this time:
http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/trump-and-the-truth-the-sexual-assault-allegations
You can lead a horse to water but apparently you can't make him stop drinking the Kool-Aid. If you can't be bothered to read his own words when they impugn his decency, blame yourself. Maybe it makes you feel better to think that Trump isn't a sexual pervert or liar, but he's on the record demonstrating otherwise.
terapined
terapined
January 10th, 2017 at 10:36:45 AM permalink

Seeing as how most of the accusations against Trump supposedly involve incidents from 20 or so years ago, it appears, unsurprisingly, that the proverbial double standard is once again being invoked. It is more than safe to say that such a ploy would not be tolerated in fields like, say, chemistry or mathematics.

??????????
Twitter was not around 20 years ago
All the latest mocking is due to his tweets
I follow him on twitter due to the comedy :-)

The double standard comes from Conservatives insulting Obama and Clinton, I just yawn
yet conservatives have a cow and go bonkers when we after Trump
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 10th, 2017 at 10:42:50 AM permalink

And incorrectly so: there were plenty of citations in the articles you didn't read. Here's the New Yorker link again. Maybe you'll click on it this time:
You can lead a horse to water but apparently you can't make him stop drinking the Kool-Aid. If you can't be bothered to read his own words when they impugn his decency, blame yourself. Maybe it makes you feel better to think that Trump isn't a sexual pervert or liar, but he's on the record demonstrating otherwise.

Walking backstage at beauty pageants in no way constitutes corroboration of accusations of sexual harassment. The desperation is noted.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
January 10th, 2017 at 10:46:45 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

??????????
Twitter was not around 20 years ago
All the latest mocking is due to his tweets
I follow him on twitter due to the comedy :-)

It'll be really interesting once foreign governments realize that all they have to do to grind our administration to a halt is hire a few high-profile propagandists to constantly criticize Trump on Twitter. He'll spend all his time responding and will have none left to run the country.

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs: "Sir, a small Russian infantry division has crossed the border from Mexicali and is currently occupying El Centro. How shall we respond?"
Trump: "Never mind that, I'm on Twitter. Alec Baldwin said a nasty thing about me, and then I have to reply to Bruce Springsteen and Madonna. Those losers."
Boz
Boz
January 10th, 2017 at 10:58:45 AM permalink

How many movies have you been in that grossed $100M? She's been in six, and her films have a lifetime gross of over $2 billion dollars. That puts her in the top 100 all time, just above Anthony Hopkins, and ahead of both Arnold Schwarzenegger and Alan Rickman (RIP). Criticize the woman for her looks if you will (Trump does it, why shouldn't you?) but don't pretend for a second that she's not a fabulously successful actress.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?id=merylstreep.htm
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/?view=Actor&pagenum=2&sort=sumgross&order=DESC&&p=.htm

I know how you and a lot of Trump supporters feel. Jubilant, hopeful, and defiant. Angry and emphatic.

That will give way to despair and disappointment in about six months. You've elected a man whose policies will financially benefit me and not you, yet ironically, you support that and I don't.

Some chess players can see several moves ahead and know that they're going to lose long before the first check is given. Other players are too focused on their last favorable exchange to see what's coming in the bigger picture, but that won't stop them from losing.

Electing Trump has made us all losers. You just can't see it yet. Our king will fall shortly, that's a given. What I don't know is who's playing the other side.

Lots quoted there but I feel very confident I will also do just fine under President Trump. If you feel so bad about benefiting from it, perhaps you should consider changing fields. After all money isn't everything. Why not give it all up and join a charity? Oh wait, I forgot, we need you to us how to live our lives.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
January 10th, 2017 at 11:17:37 AM permalink

Walking backstage at beauty pageants in no way constitutes corroboration of accusations of sexual harassment. The desperation is noted.

You clearly aren't a father of daughters. If you were a father of girls, the thought of a rich older man leering at your naked, teenaged daughter in a beauty pageant dressing room would skeeve you out. But I'm sure you think it was just fine that he walked in on a girl's dressing room as the owner of a beauty pageant, just like you think it's just fine that he talks about dating his daughter or stiffs his contractors or promises if elected to investigate Hillary and then says "just kidding" after he's elected. In your eyes, the man can do no wrong. Got it.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/08/politics/trump-on-howard-stern/index.html
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
January 10th, 2017 at 11:32:59 AM permalink

Lots quoted there but I feel very confident I will also do just fine under President Trump. If you feel so bad about benefiting from it, perhaps you should consider changing fields. After all money isn't everything. Why not give it all up and join a charity? Oh wait, I forgot, we need you to us how to live our lives.

Millions of struggling working-class Americans who didn't find much financial success in the way they were living their lives just voted for Donald Trump. Are you suggesting that they weren't looking to Trump for exactly that kind of help?
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
January 10th, 2017 at 11:47:45 AM permalink

It'll be really interesting once foreign governments realize that all they have to do to grind our administration to a halt is hire a few high-profile propagandists to constantly criticize Trump on Twitter. He'll spend all his time responding and will have none left to run the country.

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs: "Sir, a small Russian infantry division has crossed the border from Mexicali and is currently occupying El Centro. How shall we respond?"
Trump: "Never mind that, I'm on Twitter. Alec Baldwin said a nasty thing about me, and then I have to reply to Bruce Springsteen and Madonna. Those losers."

At least he wouldn't be too sick or tired to respond at all.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
ams288
ams288
January 10th, 2017 at 11:52:42 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

At least he wouldn't be too sick or tired to respond at all.

You don't know that.

While many righties pretended that Hillary was sick all the time, they constantly ignored the clear signs that Donald is severely mentally ill.
January 10th, 2017 at 11:58:41 AM permalink

Something horrific? Like what? Like voting the for the racist, sexist, and rapist Trump in 2020 after his impeachment in 2018?

Want to see some to see some thing really horrific? Then see this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=trumpers+head+in+the+sands&biw=1178&bih=856&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiQwa7lrbjRAhVsyoMKHSdlAYMQ_AUICSgE#tbm=isch&q=head+in+the+sands+rogerkintx
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 10th, 2017 at 12:08:07 PM permalink

You clearly aren't a father of daughters. If you were a father of girls, the thought of a rich older man leering at your naked, teenaged daughter in a beauty pageant dressing room would skeeve you out. But I'm sure you think it was just fine that he walked in on a girl's dressing room as the owner of a beauty pageant, just like you think it's just fine that he talks about dating his daughter or stiffs his contractors or promises if elected to investigate Hillary and then says "just kidding" after he's elected. In your eyes, the man can do no wrong. Got it.

Once again, your wildly baseless assumption and perverted scenarios serve only to deflect from the real question about corroboration. It is a very good thing that mathematicians do not usually work as stagehands either at beauty pageants or backstage at big Las Vegas shows.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
January 10th, 2017 at 12:34:16 PM permalink

Once again, your wildly baseless assumption and perverted scenarios serve only to deflect from the real question about corroboration.

Calling me perverted when I'm quoting Trump is hilarious:
Quote: Howard Stern and Donald Trump

Co-host Robin Quivers then asked Trump if sleeping with the contestants could be construed as a conflict of interest.
"It could be a conflict of interest," Trump said. "But, you know, it's the kind of thing you worry about later, you tend to think about the conflict a little bit later on."
Stern then put on a fake foreign accent, saying that "some of these foreign girls" say hello "with vagina."
"Well, what you could also say is that, as the owner of the pageant, it's your obligation to do that," Trump said,
before discussing how he got away with going backstage when the contestants were naked.
"Well, I'll tell you the funniest is that before a show, I'll go backstage and everyone's getting dressed, and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere, and I'm allowed to go in because I'm the owner of the pageant and therefore I'm inspecting it," Trump said. "You know, I'm inspecting because I want to make sure that everything is good."
"You know, the dresses. 'Is everyone okay?' You know, they're standing there with no clothes. 'Is everybody okay?' And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that. But no, I've been very good," he added.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/08/politics/trump-on-howard-stern/index.html

Are your mental gymnastics working? Have you actually convinced yourself that Trump isn't a pervy old man? Or do you just not care?
  • Jump to: