4 votes (3.36%)
3 votes (2.52%)

119 members have voted

MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
December 31st, 2016 at 9:06:51 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I think they may be intertwined. My net worth mimics the stock market. Which is a general indicator of national prosperity.

With all due respect, this is utter crap. The Dow was up about 139% during Obama's tenure, making him in the top 3 or 4 presidents from a stock-market standpoint (in our lifetimes, Bill Clinton was #1 by a long shot). But the market isn't a general indicator of prosperity, it's an indicator of investors' prosperity. You're a physician, if I recall, so I would expect you to have a robust investment portfolio. You are also probably in the top 5% of net worth. But you'd be wrong if you think the majority of the "working class" voters are stock market investors or come anywhere close to your percentile of wealth. Did you know that roughly 12% of Americans have a negative net worth? Or that more than 50% of Americans have a net worth less than $100,000? The majority of Americans -- over 60% -- saw their net worths fall over the past decade or so -- they didn't experience the increase that yours or mine did. Click through:
http://inequality.org/wealth-inequality/

For what it's worth, my own net worth isn't up as much since the election because I'm more globally diversified than you (apparently) and foreign stocks tanked briefly after Trump was elected. But I'm not complaining, not when so many have actually been screwed by socioeconomic factors outside their control, yet firmly in the control of men who, like Trump, pursue wealth even at the cost of others' well-being.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
December 31st, 2016 at 9:22:48 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

I remember seeing Trump walk through Taj Mahal many years ago before his reality show fame and he got swarmed by people. They were literally swooning. My only explanation is that he has some very powerful personal magnetism which is carrying him through. They don't seem to care that he's moved past all of his bully bully talk. If Bernie Sanders ever moved one iota away from his agenda his supporters would have trashed him.

Sanders supporters cared (and still care) about the movement, not just the man. If Elizabeth Warren or Kamala Harris picked up the progressive banner and ran with it, Sanders' supporters would gladly follow.

Trump supporters, in many respects, were voting for Trump and not for any particular platform -- because Trump didn't actually have a platform. He just had himself. Trump may go down in history as the most successful cult leader of all time, and 2016 as the year too many Americans drank the Kool-Aid. There can be no spiritual successors to Trump, nobody to carry his political legacy forward, because there is nobody else like him. Seriously, imagine if Trump lasts for eight years -- who's going to be the GOP nominee afterwards? Mike Pence? If Trump is heat and fireworks and explosions and excitement, Pence would be that stale, charred odor hanging in the air, mixed with the pounding headache from your hangover as you sober up.

There is a wave of strong-man populists forcing their way into office. Trump wasn't the first even in 2016 (e.g., Duterte), but he certainly has the most power behind him. I hope he wields it wisely, not just for the sake of our country, but for the sake of our species.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
December 31st, 2016 at 10:17:40 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

It's the stupid tv show. Trump demonstrated to several million people what it was to lie, cheat, backstabbing and con your way to richness in this country. A lot of people say "all is fair in love and war" and worship his celebrity. They don't care that he's ignorant, selfish, another dozen things most folks were raised not to be.

So you're saying here Trump people deliberately lied to the pollsters to mislead them. There's character for you. There's integrity. Way to emulate the person who's finding new ways to lower the Presidential bar every day.

No. Here's an example....I met up with someone a few months ago, she started talking about politics and how awful of a person DJT is, he's a racist and this & that, and definitely not happy, his supporters are racists & all the other words. Then she asked me who I was voting for -- yeah, no, I'm not gonna get in the middle of that, so I just said I wasn't really sure yet, might not vote, they're both idiots, etc. I'd rather keep the peace, not be called a racist mysogonistic a**hole.

Nobody (okay, a tiny select few on both sides) deliberately lied to the pollsters to mislead them. But when the left have created this stigma that anyone who votes for Trump is a racist & every other bad thing.....guess what that does to many Trump supporters? Yeah, they're not gonna want to answer truthfully when someone asks who they're supporting. Keep the peace and let the election results do the talking.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
December 31st, 2016 at 10:30:11 AM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

He is charging money for tickets to his New Year's party at his resort in Florida, a textbook example of "pay to play." He used other people's charitable donations to pay his legal bills and then lied about it on Twitter. How can anyone be "happy so far" with such a dishonorable, unethical man headed for the White House? Do you really think he'll magically turn into a man of integrity and quality on January 20th?

No. But I think that whatever you think of him, the economy is likely to do better with him than it would have under HRC. Ridiculous things like 'sanctuary cities' are more likely to cease to exist under DJT than HRC. Israel will be more secure under DJT than HRC. I can go on.....
Once again, am I proud that DJT is prez? No! But I am happy we are not subject to another 4 or 8 years of a Democrat prez.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
December 31st, 2016 at 11:14:37 AM permalink

I think they may be intertwined. My net worth mimics the stock market. Which is a general indicator of national prosperity. I know the fate of the country would have had a negative trajectory with HRC as President. We have a better chance with DJT. I know that Republican control of the House and Senate is better than Democratic control. I am more concerned when 1 party controls all 3. But the only totally unacceptable scenario is all 3 Democratic. We are at least four years from that scenario

Here is the movement of the S&P 500 including dividends since Obama took office:

2009 .... +26.46%
2010 .... +15.06%
2011 .... +2.11%
2012 .... +16%
2013 .... +32.39%
2014 .... +13.69%
2015 .... +1.38%
2016 .... +12% - approximately - some of this gain but not all came after Trump was elected

You must really love Obama.
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Dec 31, 2016
Please don't feed the trolls
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
December 31st, 2016 at 12:34:26 PM permalink
Quote: RS

It's the stupid tv show. Trump demonstrated to several million people what it was to lie, cheat, backstabbing and con your way to richness in this country. A lot of people say "all is fair in love and war" and worship his celebrity. They don't care that he's ignorant, selfish, another dozen things most folks were raised not to be.

So you're saying here Trump people deliberately lied to the pollsters to mislead them. There's character for you. There's integrity. Way to emulate the person who's finding new ways to lower the Presidential bar every day.

No. Here's an example....I met up with someone a few months ago, she started talking about politics and how awful of a person DJT is, he's a racist and this & that, and definitely not happy, his supporters are racists & all the other words. Then she asked me who I was voting for -- yeah, no, I'm not gonna get in the middle of that, so I just said I wasn't really sure yet, might not vote, they're both idiots, etc. I'd rather keep the peace, not be called a racist mysogonistic a**hole.

Nobody (okay, a tiny select few on both sides) deliberately lied to the pollsters to mislead them. But when the left have created this stigma that anyone who votes for Trump is a racist & every other bad thing.....guess what that does to many Trump supporters? Yeah, they're not gonna want to answer truthfully when someone asks who they're supporting. Keep the peace and let the election results do the talking.

Can't imagine a woman saying all that to you. Lol...

I was basing my understanding of people lying to pollsters on the comments in this thread. I had not otherwise heard it. So you're arguing with them, not me, that it didn't happen. FWIW.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
December 31st, 2016 at 12:42:17 PM permalink

My net worth is up around 10% since he was elected. I am happy so far. Time will tell if you are right.

Your net worth would be up 10%, maybe more, if Hillary were elected, too, because Trump has severely depressed several stocks with his selective corporate tweets and meddling (see Boeing and Lockheed Martin ).

What the market doesn't like is uncertainty. It was in idle, though gaining slowly, all year as the economy continues to improve under Obama, but the election counterbalanced the gains. Now that they feel they know where things are headed, they are buying and stocks are rising again.

Fwiw, I don't think you can claim Hillary was in the pockets of big banks and investment firms, and also claim that they wouldn't have responded positively to her election. They're the ones who move the market.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
December 31st, 2016 at 1:22:46 PM permalink
Quote:

our net worth would be up 10%, maybe more, if Hillary were elected,

Oh certainly, because we all know that higher taxes for everyone including big corperations, and more regulations, make the economy grow. LOL!!!
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
December 31st, 2016 at 1:28:50 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

Oh certainly, because we all know that higher taxes for everyone including big corperations, and more regulations, make the economy grow. LOL!!!

Yes, we do all know that, as that is what has happened for the last 8 years, no?
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
RS
RS
December 31st, 2016 at 2:29:12 PM permalink

Can't imagine a woman saying all that to you. Lol...

That sounds sexist (not that I care).

I was basing my understanding of people lying to pollsters on the comments in this thread. I had not otherwise heard it. So you're arguing with them, not me, that it didn't happen. FWIW.

I'm not sure I'm following. Yes, they lied to the pollsters, but not to deliberately mislead them. Or rather, the reason to lie was not to mislead, but to avoid the backlash of "OMG U RACIST"....and I think we can all agree, that is a very real thing.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
December 31st, 2016 at 2:34:13 PM permalink

No. But I think that whatever you think of him, the economy is likely to do better with him than it would have under HRC. Ridiculous things like 'sanctuary cities' are more likely to cease to exist under DJT than HRC. Israel will be more secure under DJT than HRC. I can go on.....
Once again, am I proud that DJT is prez? No! But I am happy we are not subject to another 4 or 8 years of a Democrat prez.

I didn't know much about Trump, so I used my zig-zag theory. The more people like Math Extremist rag on him, I gotta think the more likely that Trump is probably ok. It usually works like a charm.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
December 31st, 2016 at 3:18:32 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

Why are you laughing? This is a quantifiable question. Here are two links:
Bureau of Economic Analysis: https://www.bea.gov/national/index.htm#gdp
Tax Policy Center: http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/statistics/historical-individual-income-tax-parameters

Guess what you learn when you compare the top individual tax rate with the year-over-year GDP growth? The correlation coefficient is +0.3125. So yes, higher taxes do indeed make the economy grow. You should have learned that first-hand over the past 30 years.

The U.S. economy has grown at 8% or more in 32 out of the past 85 years. The lowest top tax rate during any of those 32 years was 50%. The top tax rate is currently 39.6%. Of the 29 years since 1987, when the top tax rate was dropped below 40%, the GDP has never grown 8% or better; has only grown 7% or better twice, and has only grown 6% or better 9 times.

The average annual GDP growth for the most recent 29 years (when the top tax rate dropped below 40%) was 4.86%. The average annual GDP growth over the previous 29 years, when the top tax rate was anywhere between 50% and 91%, was 8.2%.

So let's dispense with the historically false charade that taxes on the rich are bad for the economy. Trickle down economics works almost as well as dice setting.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
December 31st, 2016 at 5:28:13 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

I didn't know much about Trump, so I used my zig-zag theory. The more people like Math Extremist rag on him, I gotta think the more likely that Trump is probably ok. It usually works like a charm.

Really? Because I think Bernie Madoff is a con artist, Rene Lopez is a pedophile rapist and Rodrigo Duterte is a murderer. You good with them too?
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 31st, 2016 at 6:16:01 PM permalink

Really? Because I think Bernie Madoff is a con artist, Rene Lopez is a pedophile rapist and Rodrigo Duterte is a murderer. You good with them too?

Maybe I need to take a second look at them. I'm sure they all had a mother who loved them.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
December 31st, 2016 at 6:20:35 PM permalink

No it's because you always come across as the smartest guy in the room. And you made sure everyone knows it just in case they missed it. I'm not expecting you to apologize for putting " facts" out there, but I see you as the classic liberal. You come across as someone who is thinking they are better than most, and we need people like you to tell us what to do and be. Because we could never make the sacrifices you did. We just aren't that smart or dedicated to do that. We need you. Or I could be wrong and your just a caring individual and all around good guy.

But either way, YOU and your type are why we have President Trump, and for that I Thank You. Please keep up the good work and don't change a thing.
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 31st, 2016 at 6:35:30 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

No it's because you always come across as the smartest guy in the room. And you made sure everyone knows it just in case they missed it. I'm not expecting you to apologize for putting " facts" out there, but I see you as the classic liberal. You come across as someone who is thinking they are better than most, and we need people like you to tell us what to do and be. Because we could never make the sacrifices you did. We just aren't that smart or dedicated to do that. We need you. Or I could be wrong and your just a caring individual and all around good guy.

But either way, YOU and your type are why we have President Trump, and for that I Thank You. Please keep up the good work and don't change a thing.

He's reminded me several times that I am low on "critical thinking". Apparently he's got that market cornered.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
December 31st, 2016 at 6:55:20 PM permalink
The extremes of both sides are great at talking down to and belittling those who disagree, it's not an exclusively or predominantly liberal trait.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 31st, 2016 at 6:59:29 PM permalink
There's a Wall St PhD guy who started traveling
the country in the summer of 2015 and drove
100K miles talking to voters. Chris Arnade is
his name, he has thousands of pics on Twitter
from his travels. I think he's a Lib NYC guy,
but it doesn't show in his writings.

He wasn't surprised at all that Trump won. He
says there's an undercurrent among the middle
and lower class that they got left behind, that
DC is elitists are out for elitists and they could care
less about the rest of the country. The good
jobs are gone, their savings are gone, many
are working 2-3 low paying jobs just to get
by. And Trump spoke to these people, he
understands them. A NYC billionaire celebrity
knows the plight these people are in.

Arnade went from small town to small town,
from big city neighborhood to neighborhood.
One thing he found everywhere he went was,
the local McD's was the defacto community
center. It's where people gathered every day
to talk over the news. If you want to find Trump
supporters in any town, go to McD's. They
gave him an earful.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
December 31st, 2016 at 7:58:16 PM permalink
Clearly The Don is a mentally unbalanced egomaniac, but I believe he's also somewhat of a nihilist.

My greatest fear is existential: if he gets terminally ill while in power, he might just trigger WWIII, thinking "If I can't live, none of the rest of you will either."

Most voters didn't vote for him, but we all are forced to live with him, craziness and all.

Last edited by: MrV on Dec 31, 2016
"What, me worry?"
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
December 31st, 2016 at 8:31:23 PM permalink

No it's because you always come across as the smartest guy in the room. And you made sure everyone knows it just in case they missed it. I'm not expecting you to apologize for putting " facts" out there, but I see you as the classic liberal. You come across as someone who is thinking they are better than most, and we need people like you to tell us what to do and be. Because we could never make the sacrifices you did. We just aren't that smart or dedicated to do that. We need you.

"Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest -and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure,it's not your fault."
"I’m not a schmuck."
"Let me tell you, I’m a really smart guy."
"When I think I’m right, nothing bothers me."
"I was a great student. I was good at everything."
"You know, I’m, like, a smart person."
--Donald J. Trump

I hate to break it to you, but if you don't like people who come across as the smartest guy in the room, you voted for the wrong candidate.
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 31st, 2016 at 8:31:44 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Arnade went from small town to small town,
from big city neighborhood to neighborhood.
One thing he found everywhere he went was,
the local McD's was the defacto community
center. It's where people gathered every day
to talk over the news. If you want to find Trump
supporters in any town, go to McD's. They
gave him an earful.

That's a weird coincidence. This morning I got up really early to go to the casino. It was wet but the rain had stopped. I felt like going to McD's and getting a couple biscuits and a milk in the drive-thru. As I left I noticed there must have been 15 or more older people inside having coffee or whatever. It was still dark. I thought to myself, this must be the meeting place in the small town I was in, I bet they do that every morning.

I don't go through fast-food places as much as I used. But when I go through a drive-thru, I always turn my radio off, because depending on the time of day I'm usually listening to Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, or something like that. I may sound paranoid, but I'm always worried that someone might recognize what I'm listening to and spit in my food. Better safe than sorry, I can always turn the radio back up when I leave.
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 31st, 2016 at 8:43:52 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

The extremes of both sides are great at talking down to and belittling those who disagree,

That's what they get for being wrong.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
December 31st, 2016 at 9:07:18 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Yes, we do all know that, as that is what has happened for the last 8 years, no?

The omission of those relevant GDP growth rates is, as expected, glaringly and totally missing.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
December 31st, 2016 at 9:10:39 PM permalink

Why are you laughing? This is a quantifiable question. Here are two links:
Bureau of Economic Analysis: https://www.bea.gov/national/index.htm#gdp
Tax Policy Center: http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/statistics/historical-individual-income-tax-parameters

Guess what you learn when you compare the top individual tax rate with the year-over-year GDP growth? The correlation coefficient is +0.3125. So yes, higher taxes do indeed make the economy grow. You should have learned that first-hand over the past 30 years. . . .

So let's dispense with the historically false charade that taxes on the rich are bad for the economy. Trickle down economics works almost as well as dice setting.

That assertion has not gone undisputed by a significant group of academic studies without political axes to grind.

Actually, the cited Tax Policy Center statement puts out this important caveat about other factors affect growth rates:
“The long-run effects of tax policies thus depend not only on their incentive effects but on their budgetary effects. If Congress reduces marginal tax rates on individual incomes, for example, the long-run effects could be either positive or negative depending on whether the resulting impacts on saving and investment outweigh the potential drag from increased deficits.”

The Tax Foundation examines such sweeping assertions that fly in the face of the historical record by pointing out some of the many other factors:

“For instance, the Congressional Research Service (CRS) has found support for the theory that taxes have no effect on economic growth by looking at the U.S. experience since World War II and the dramatic variation in the statutory top marginal rate on individual income.[1] They find the fastest economic growth occurred in the 1950s when the top rate was more than ninety percent.[2] However, their study ignores the most basic problems with this sort of statistical analysis, including: the variation in the tax base to which the individual income tax applies; the variation in other taxes, particularly the corporate tax; the short-term versus long-term effects of tax policy; and reverse causality, whereby economic growth affects tax rates. These problems are all well known in the academic literature and have been dealt with in various ways, making the CRS study unpublishable in any peer-reviewed academic journal.[3]”

In its megastudy, the foundation examined 26 recently peer-reviewed studies on this topic:
“This review of empirical studies of taxes and economic growth indicates that there are not a lot of dissenting opinions coming from peer-reviewed academic journals. More and more, the consensus among experts is that taxes on corporate and personal income are particularly harmful to economic growth, with consumption and property taxes less so. This is because economic growth ultimately comes from production, innovation, and risk-taking.”--tax foundation
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
January 1st, 2017 at 1:48:15 AM permalink

you always come across as the smartest guy in the room.

YOU and your type are why we have President Trump,

Are you saying that Trump supporters don't like smart people?

How dare anybody make an intelligent argument refuting your point of view.
The unmitigated gall of some people.
It's a travesty.
This kind of thing should not be tolerated.
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Jan 1, 2017
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
January 1st, 2017 at 2:41:52 AM permalink

I don't go through fast-food places as much as I used. But when I go through a drive-thru, I always turn my radio off, because depending on the time of day I'm usually listening to Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, or something like that. I may sound paranoid, but I'm always worried that someone might recognize what I'm listening to and spit in my food. Better safe than sorry, I can always turn the radio back up when I leave.

If these talk radio people weren't biased, would you feel the need to turn the volume down? And generally, I think you're probably being paranoid because the average fast food employee wouldn't have any idea what you're listening to. I'm lucky if they get my order right 75% of the time at McDonalds as I order relatively weird apparently. I often order McDoubles "plain without cheese". And yes it's wrong almost 25% of the time. And if they get it wrong, I will correct them every time. But I surely have not noticed any spit in the dozens of corrections I have personally dealt with. 95% of the time it's wrong, it's the cashiers fault. People behind the grill actually seem to follow the order well.

But do you really think people generally working in that industry have a clue about politics? The white men working at McDonald's were probably stupid enough to vote for Trump too, if they voted! That's the reason why he won...round up the uneducated whites that don't realize that he has been a con-artist all his life. Talk a good game with little to back up his claims. He did a great job! But poor white people that voted him in are in for a RUDE awakening in 2017 though, just like a course from Trump University.

As Donald says, "Believe Me!" But I actually mean that saying. Haven't you noticed that he typically says that when he says his biggest loads of BS??? But ~half of the country actually falls for it! Some of his riches are because he used our country's bankruptcy laws to his full advantage. Good for him. One problem, you can't bankrupt a country without major consequences.

I usually stay out of this thread because all it is is ranting, but I'm drunk and annoyed, so screw it. I'm sure this rant isn't going to change your mind, and anything you will say in response will change mine. And I feel that this generally applies to the forum. Has any member really changed their mind thanks to another member? Hell will likely freeze over before you vote Democrat and ams288 will vote Republican.

I will give MathExtremist credit though. He actually tries to back up most his points with a reference. Obviously ~2/3rds of the forum (because we are ~99% men here) think his references are liberally tainted, but it's still a reference. But those references didn't go as far as the "fake news" this election I'm afraid. :( Damn I feel sober now. Ugh.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
January 1st, 2017 at 3:29:52 AM permalink
Tring showing crimm like skill, pretty much flawless grammar when apparently wasted
Boz
Boz
January 1st, 2017 at 4:13:25 AM permalink

Are you saying that Trump supporters don't like smart people?

The unmitigated gall of some people.
It's a travesty.
This kind of thing should not be tolerated.

Not at all, we just don't like the ones who let us know at every turn what's best for us. Obama did it for 8 years and because of it we have President Trump. For that I thank ME, AMS and their kind. They need to continue to do their Patriotic duty and change nothing in their actions.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
January 1st, 2017 at 5:24:21 AM permalink

we just don't like the ones who let us know at every turn what's best for us.

Don't Trump and his supporters let us know at every turn what's best for us?
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
January 1st, 2017 at 5:32:44 AM permalink

. I'm not expecting you to apologize for putting " facts" out there

Well, I mean, even Trump puts "facts" out there. Remember when he cited the National Enquirer and their picture that they claimed was Rafael Cruz, Ted Cruz's father, with Lee Harvey Oswald in New Orleans implying that the elder Cruz was involved in Kennedy's asassination? So, even your guy highly values intellectual scholarship.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanked by
RS
January 1st, 2017 at 6:02:39 AM permalink

Great point. Get back to me when that happens.
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 1st, 2017 at 6:16:19 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

If these talk radio people weren't biased, would you feel the need to turn the volume down? And generally, I think you're probably being paranoid because the average fast food employee wouldn't have any idea what you're listening to. I'm lucky if they get my order right 75% of the time at McDonalds as I order relatively weird apparently.

What does a person who is not biased stand for? Someone who is on the fence about important issues? Nothing? That's something to be proud of. Gee, I'm a grown man and have no biases, no opinions. I'm a show about nothing.

You make some good points, and I probably am paranoid. But maybe you're too young to remember Jesse Jackson bragging about spitting in white peoples' salads. Uh, you do know who he is, right?
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
January 1st, 2017 at 7:38:11 AM permalink

Not at all, we just don't like the ones who let us know at every turn what's best for us. Obama did it for 8 years and because of it we have President Trump. For that I thank ME, AMS and their kind. They need to continue to do their Patriotic duty and change nothing in their actions.

See? We got ourselves another "sore winner" here.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
January 1st, 2017 at 8:02:00 AM permalink

Here is the movement of the S&P 500 including dividends since Obama took office:

2009 .... +26.46%
2010 .... +15.06%
2011 .... +2.11%
2012 .... +16%
2013 .... +32.39%
2014 .... +13.69%
2015 .... +1.38%
2016 .... +12% - approximately - some of this gain but not all came after Trump was elected

You must really love Obama.

You started this side chat by stating that I valued my personal wealth is more important than the country, or something like that. Of course I am happy that my personal portfolio has risen, but unhappy it may be at the expense of it now being normal that a President will propose a budget that includes a TRILLION dollars more in spending than the government takes in. The ponzi scheme that Obama accelerated is one of my greatest fears for the future. And of course it is not just his fault, nor will it be just Trump's fault if he continues the sham.
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
RS
January 1st, 2017 at 8:14:02 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

See? We got ourselves another "sore winner" here.

At least your not the only sore one today.
RS
RS
January 1st, 2017 at 11:28:19 AM permalink

At least your not the only sore one today.

Zing!
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
bobbartop
January 1st, 2017 at 12:56:17 PM permalink

I felt like going to McD's and getting a couple biscuits and a milk in the drive-thru. As I left I noticed there must have been 15 or more older people inside having coffee or whatever. It was still dark. I thought to myself, this must be the meeting place in the small town I was in, I bet they do that every morning.

It's been going on for decades. I saw it
with older antique dealers in the 80's,
they went to McD's every afternoon in
the small town where the antique mall
was. Lots of towns have Bible groups
and prayer meetings there. McD's
encourages it, it's good for business.
It promotes a friendly atmosphere.
It replaced the gathering around the
cracker barrel or the pot bellied stove
in the old general stores.

OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
January 1st, 2017 at 12:58:53 PM permalink
Latest on the (non)-Russian Hacking of the US electoral process:-

Quote: Lying Trump

"And I know a lot about hacking. . . And I also know things that other people don't know . . .you'll find out on Tuesday or Wednesday."

So, how's this for a prospect: Trump will reveal that he has not only conducted his Very Very Brilliant own assessment of the situation, but that he has been provided with Very Very conclusive proof that the Russians didn't do it. . . By his trusted friends in another country, which has researched with complete independence from the US intelligence community. His new trusted advisors, also trusted by Putin.

It's the sort of stunt that he'd pull without even a hint of irony. You read it here first.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
bobbartop
January 1st, 2017 at 3:46:34 PM permalink
Keep score with live cyber attack maps:

Norse (Takes a while to load.)

Check Point
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 1st, 2017 at 4:05:06 PM permalink
The entertainment never ends. First Trump
won the election. Oh no! Lets have a recount
is some states, that's the ticket. Fail. Oh no,
lets convince EC voters to dump Trump. Fail.
Oh no. All that's left is impeachment, I'm
seeing it everywhere. Surely the all Right
congress will come to it's senses and do
the honorable thing. When they realize
6 months from now this will never happen,
is that when the Left accepts that Hillary
lost? Naw..
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 1st, 2017 at 7:21:25 PM permalink

It's been going on for decades. I saw it
with older antique dealers in the 80's,
they went to McD's every afternoon in
the small town where the antique mall
was. Lots of towns have Bible groups
and prayer meetings there. McD's
encourages it, it's good for business.
It promotes a friendly atmosphere.
It replaced the gathering around the
cracker barrel or the pot bellied stove
in the old general stores.

I like those pictures.
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 1st, 2017 at 7:34:33 PM permalink

The entertainment never ends. First Trump
won the election. Oh no! Lets have a recount
is some states, that's the ticket. Fail. Oh no,
lets convince EC voters to dump Trump. Fail.
Oh no. All that's left is impeachment, I'm
seeing it everywhere. Surely the all Right
congress will come to it's senses and do
the honorable thing. When they realize
6 months from now this will never happen,
is that when the Left accepts that Hillary
lost? Naw..

It's very scary what the crazy Left has planned for J20. I'm sure I have mentioned it. I fear a full-scale anarchist-type attack. I hope the police have plenty of water cannons and rubber bullets waiting for them. It's called "disruptj20 dot org" and these are all the communist whackos. In my opinion it borders on treason. It has nothing to do with a right to peacefully assemble, these dirtbags are looking for trouble. They should hold them until the wall gets built and then deport them to Antartica. And send George Soros with them.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
January 1st, 2017 at 7:39:07 PM permalink

It's very scary what the crazy Left has planned for J20. I'm sure I have mentioned it. I fear a full-scale anarchist-type attack. I hope the police have plenty of water cannons and rubber bullets waiting for them. It's called "disruptj20 dot org" and these are all the communist whackos. In my opinion it borders on treason. It has nothing to do with a right to peacefully assemble, these dirtbags are looking for trouble. They should hold them until the wall gets built and then deport them to Antartica. And send George Soros with them.

I thought they were just gonna blast Trump's own voice from loudspeakers saying "grab their pussy" during the televised inauguration. Recorded for posterity. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 1st, 2017 at 7:47:08 PM permalink

By the way, these folks have a facebook link. I cancelled my facebook when I found out Mark Zuckerberg was meeting with the Communist Chinese Propaganda Minister so I can't look at the link now. But it's interesting that Zuckerberg wants to censor conservative talk but apparently is ok with violent anarchists who are trying to organize to completely ruin Trump's inauguration.

I just looked at the link and it looks like they have plans for many large American cities. Very frightening. I'll be staying inside that day, cuddling with my dog.
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 1st, 2017 at 7:53:46 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I thought they were just gonna blast Trump's own voice from loudspeakers saying "grab their pussy" during the televised inauguration. Recorded for posterity. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

What the heck's wrong with you? Do you know how dangerous this could be? Are you so sour grapes about Hillary that you would be ok with major civil disobedience and possible rioting? Is that what you wish on your country? If you like the idea so much why don't you join them? Tear gas is great for breakfast. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
rxwine
rxwine
January 1st, 2017 at 8:11:38 PM permalink

What the heck's wrong with you? Do you know how dangerous this could be? Are you so sour grapes about Hillary that you would be ok with major civil disobedience and possible rioting? Is that what you wish on your country? If you like the idea so much why don't you join them? Tear gas is great for breakfast. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

You sure do jump to several interesting conclusions rather quickly.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
January 1st, 2017 at 8:17:57 PM permalink

There's always going to be people who are spot on. I mean, there are only millions guessing.

Max also suggested he was going to be spot on about the popular vote. He wasn't.

Now if someone predicts a parrot will land on Trump's shoulder at 12 noon tomorrow and say "Melania never orgasms." that will be a real prediction!

There is a difference between guessing and being very adamant with an explanation how and why things would playout from the very beginning, and then putting your money where your mouth is. You act as if he blindly called a one time coin flip correctly.

It was obvious to me he was not all that confidant King Trump would win the popular vote(He wouldn't take my action on that), it was just wishful thinking.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 1st, 2017 at 8:22:28 PM permalink

You sure do jump to several interesting conclusions rather quickly.

Well maybe I did jump to conclusion, maybe I owe you an apology, but you did say "it couldn't happen to a nicer guy" so it sounds like you approve of this potential horrible event. Don't you know what can happen when thousands of angry people get together and are being egged on by professional agitators? It's a recipe for something bad.

Why not just put the election to rest and hope things work out for the best and everything is peaceful? Why not hope that America really does get great again?

I apologize for getting my nose out of joint. Peace!
rxwine
rxwine
January 1st, 2017 at 8:27:45 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

There is a difference between guessing and being very adamant with an explanation how and why things would playout from the very beginning, and then putting your money where your mouth is. You act as if he blindly called a one time coin flip correctly.

Well, I don't know him from any old Joe Schmoe. Am I gonna buy what someone claims on the Internet?

I'd have to see a track record of some sort to come to any further conclusions. So, I'll leave it at that.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
January 1st, 2017 at 8:41:21 PM permalink

"Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest -and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure,it's not your fault."
"I’m not a schmuck."
"Let me tell you, I’m a really smart guy."
"When I think I’m right, nothing bothers me."
"I was a great student. I was good at everything."
"You know, I’m, like, a smart person."
--Donald J. Trump

I hate to break it to you, but if you don't like people who come across as the smartest guy in the room, you voted for the wrong candidate.

If he was claiming all that while sitting on his computer here on WOV we would laugh. Apparently he is one of the smartest people around.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
  • Jump to: