Andras
Andras
  • Threads: 2
May 12th, 2011 at 2:15:46 AM permalink
is basic strategy dead? would you even consider using that instead of just using the house rule and hit 15, 16? I am not a player but I dealt the game for years and I swear BS is as useful as a tit on a board with a six deck shoe. Simply put, there are just too many cards (small) mixed to use any card counting or strategy. True or false. I am not a math wizard and I have not read your book yet.
Lady Luck is a Fickle Bitch and her name is Karma
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
May 12th, 2011 at 4:06:51 AM permalink
Quote: Andras

True or false. I am not a math wizard and I have not read your book yet.

False. Read the "book".
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
benbakdoff
benbakdoff
  • Threads: 17
May 12th, 2011 at 12:27:15 PM permalink
Quote: Andras

is basic strategy dead? would you even consider using that instead of just using the house rule and hit 15, 16? I am not a player but I dealt the game for years and I swear BS is as useful as a tit on a board with a six deck shoe. Simply put, there are just too many cards (small) mixed to use any card counting or strategy. True or false. I am not a math wizard and I have not read your book yet.

Strict adherence to basic strategy will result in the player losing less over time. If you are not counting, it is your best option. A common misconception especially among new players is that basic strategy is the key to success. That simply is not true because it cannot overcome the house edge.

If by house rule you mean hitting everything as the dealer does, you will dramatically increase the house edge. It could be up to 10 times higher if you eliminated splitting and doubling.

Card counting does work for those willing to make the commitment and that commitment is a lot more than reading a couple of books. That's one reason there are very few successful card counters these days.
  • Jump to: