onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
March 7th, 2017 at 2:11:53 AM permalink
Cooked some sauerkraut with pork, and just cannot stand the taste of this Claussen sauerkraut. Instead of just throwing it all out, are there any non-food ways to use it whatsoever? It smells terrible, perhaps it can scare away rodents if placed outside the walls of a house. Animals I dont think will find it appetizing.

Same for a bone-in ham I never cooked, 9 months past expiration. What can I do with it? Dont want to try eating it all. Best idea I can think of is throwing it in a lake for the fish to eat.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 7th, 2017 at 2:12:57 AM permalink
MacGyver?
I am a robot.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
March 7th, 2017 at 2:34:02 AM permalink
Sauerkraut is excellent for washing clothes. Instead of using your typical laundry detergent, throw some sauerkraut into the washing machine with your clothes. One to two cups will do. It's also good for keeping insects out of your house, if you spread a modest amount around the ground. Plus, it's a natural odor-absorber, and will keep your house smelling fresh and clean (it might take a day or two for the smell to go from "bad" to "good", don't worry, that's normal).

Ham has no flavor when frozen or when mixed with a liquid. This is why some people take ham, chop it up into cubes (about the size of an ice cube [wait ice cubes aren't even cubes, dafuq?]), freeze it in their freezer, then use them as recycle-able ice cubes when they pour drinks, especially hard liquors you'd sip on (ie: Scotch Whisky).

Many people don't know about this, so if you ask others about it they'll probably tell you I'm not telling the truth. Hell, some people here may even claim I'm not telling the truth. If you do some research online, chances are, you're not going to find this valuable information I've shared with you, since, like I said, most people don't know about this kinda stuff.

Pro-tip: Since it's getting hotter and summer is approaching, don't forget to pour 2 liters of water into your gas tank of your car -- to prevent your car from overheating. And remember, if your house is very hot during the summer, the easiest way to get rid of all that built-up heat in your house is by actually OPENING your windows -- if your windows are closed, there's no way for the heat inside your house to escape to. Blast the AC for about 4-6 hours with all your windows open, or until it gets nice and cool inside. Then close your windows to keep the cool air inside.

I'm not responsible for anyone's stupidity if they follow my advice.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 7th, 2017 at 2:47:46 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Sauerkraut is excellent for washing clothes. Instead of using your typical laundry detergent, throw some sauerkraut into the washing machine with your clothes. One to two cups will do. It's also good for keeping insects out of your house, if you spread a modest amount around the ground. Plus, it's a natural odor-absorber, and will keep your house smelling fresh and clean (it might take a day or two for the smell to go from "bad" to "good", don't worry, that's normal).

Ham has no flavor when frozen or when mixed with a liquid. This is why some people take ham, chop it up into cubes (about the size of an ice cube [wait ice cubes aren't even cubes, dafuq?]), freeze it in their freezer, then use them as recycle-able ice cubes when they pour drinks, especially hard liquors you'd sip on (ie: Scotch Whisky).

Many people don't know about this, so if you ask others about it they'll probably tell you I'm not telling the truth. Hell, some people here may even claim I'm not telling the truth. If you do some research online, chances are, you're not going to find this valuable information I've shared with you, since, like I said, most people don't know about this kinda stuff.

Pro-tip: Since it's getting hotter and summer is approaching, don't forget to pour 2 liters of water into your gas tank of your car -- to prevent your car from overheating. And remember, if your house is very hot during the summer, the easiest way to get rid of all that built-up heat in your house is by actually OPENING your windows -- if your windows are closed, there's no way for the heat inside your house to escape to. Blast the AC for about 4-6 hours with all your windows open, or until it gets nice and cool inside. Then close your windows to keep the cool air inside.

I'm not responsible for anyone's stupidity if they follow my advice.

Yo mama
I am a robot.
  • Jump to: