Miles1
Miles1
  • Threads: 5
November 4th, 2012 at 10:33:34 AM permalink
I'm going to The Horseshoe in Shreveport tonight. I have to work tonight until 11pm though and live 6 hours away. I called yesterday and they told me no problem, I just need to call today and pre check in. I just called and they told me that if I'm not there by 4am I lose my reservation for both nights and don't get my money back. I have a decent history with CET, I don't ever have to pay for rooms in Vegas, but for some reason don't get free rooms in Shreveport, so I booked this room through Orbitz this time because it was cheaper and didn't have time to mess with the "harrahs low price guarantee." Anyone have any thoughts on who else I can talk to to make them honor my reservation. I'm spiteful and if I lose my reservation I will never lose another dime at a Harrahs property.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
November 4th, 2012 at 11:00:03 AM permalink
It is the Orbitz part that causes the problem. Next time you will have time to 'mess with the harrahs low price guarantee'. I do find it unreasonable that a supervisor at The Horseshoe would not help you. I hope you did not stop at the low man on the totem pole who answered the phone....
Miles1
Miles1
November 4th, 2012 at 11:03:27 AM permalink
Thanks for responding, I talked to the hotel manager, and I've called every number for horseshoe and CET I can find. Looks like I'm just SOL.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
November 4th, 2012 at 11:10:03 AM permalink
I would call and ask to talk to a host. Tell the host that you'll play where you stay and that you hope that can be Horseshoe, but that the hotel staff seem to be working to make sure that can't happen...
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Miles1
Miles1
November 4th, 2012 at 11:55:06 AM permalink
Thanks, that's a great idea. I'm a low roller, but nothing ventured...
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
November 4th, 2012 at 1:40:26 PM permalink
That sucks, but I'm not sure there is much you can do besides talking to a supervisor. If you notify them, they SHOULD hold your reservation for you. I think the latest I've arrived at a hotel was 3-4 A.M., and I called beforehand to notify them, and they said O.K. That said, arriving 5:00 A.M. and later is a little more of a unique situation. I wish you success.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
  • Jump to: