RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
October 5th, 2013 at 3:36:31 PM permalink
Does any forum member get offers for shows at Cherokee?

I just found out Willie is going to be there, Friday Oct. 18, but the show is presumable sold out.
Hoping maybe a forum member can score 2 tickets...........
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
October 5th, 2013 at 4:50:40 PM permalink
Cant help you fri nite but I do have a suggestion for the following nite, saturday.
Spirit of the Suwannee music park and campground is one of the most beautiful outside venues in the country to see a concert. Take the drive down for the weekend and expereience the Magnolia music festival. Willie has a
2 hour set on the meadow stage sat nite. I'll be there with my rv camper for the weekend. Tickets availible. Pretty laid back festival. Lot of deadheads.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
October 5th, 2013 at 6:47:40 PM permalink
Thanks for the tip.
We are staying Fri and Sat. Have 2 golf comps to use Fri afternoon, but Sat is wide open.

This sounds like something to check out.

We were also talking about taking the train out of Bryson City, but we haven't looked into that at all yet.

EDIT: DOH! Magnolia Music Festival is in Florida. Not driving there.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
October 22nd, 2013 at 6:08:01 PM permalink
Quote: RaleighCraps

Thanks for the tip.
We are staying Fri and Sat. Have 2 golf comps to use Fri afternoon, but Sat is wide open.

This sounds like something to check out.

We were also talking about taking the train out of Bryson City, but we haven't looked into that at all yet.

EDIT: DOH! Magnolia Music Festival is in Florida. Not driving there.

If interested, I audio recorded the Willie Nelson show at the Meadow Stage , Magnolia Music festival at the Spirit of the Suwanee Music Park and campground. 10/20/13 . Took my camper up there for 3 nights recording a bunch of bands. The Willie Nelson recording came out great. Used a Zoom H2 stereo recorder high up on a mic stand. PM me for a free copy.
I've been audio recording for a long time, started with following around the Grateful Dead and taping their shows.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
  • Jump to: