Thread Rating:

Gamer78
Gamer78
  • Threads: 2
September 21st, 2013 at 7:05:54 AM permalink
Hi

I am trying to figure out if I was shorted on a payout. I was playing a game called Swords and Shields in California. The game is a single unit progressive wherein getting 3 double wilds in any position paid the progressive with a max bet. Below the Progressive payout image on the slot showing 3 double wilds wins progressive is a line that shows double wild->double wild->double wild with MAX bet= 3000 then wild-> wild-> wild= 250, and so on. So I hit double wild->double wild->double wild and the machine said see attendant and played music. I had won the progressive for $4,314. However when the attendants were getting the winnings one of them said he had never seen them line up before- as to win the progressive they just have to be on the screen in any position. I was thinking about that, and the fact that they got a little weird after he made the comment. On that win, because I was betting the max of $1.80, even though I won the progressive, they were all lined up. Shouldn't I also win the 3000 times my bet or $5,400. Actually my win was bigger without the progressive being that I was only paid the $4,314. I asked the manager and he was really vague saying 3000 meant 3000 pennies or $30. I agreed but I bet $1.80 or 180 pennies meaning $5,400. Another guy came over and kind of confused the conversation but as far as I can tell the payout should've been $5,400 with the progressive amount of $4314. Is that right?Any insight would really be appreciated. Thanks
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
September 21st, 2013 at 7:41:56 AM permalink
Quote: Gamer78

Hi

I am trying to figure out if I was shorted on a payout. I was playing a game called Swords and Shields in California. The game is a single unit progressive wherein getting 3 double wilds in any position paid the progressive with a max bet. Below the Progressive payout image on the slot showing 3 double wilds wins progressive is a line that shows double wild->double wild->double wild with MAX bet= 3000 then wild-> wild-> wild= 250, and so on. So I hit double wild->double wild->double wild and the machine said see attendant and played music. I had won the progressive for $4,314. However when the attendants were getting the winnings one of them said he had never seen them line up before- as to win the progressive they just have to be on the screen in any position. I was thinking about that, and the fact that they got a little weird after he made the comment. On that win, because I was betting the max of $1.80, even though I won the progressive, they were all lined up. Shouldn't I also win the 3000 times my bet or $5,400. Actually my win was bigger without the progressive being that I was only paid the $4,314. I asked the manager and he was really vague saying 3000 meant 3000 pennies or $30. I agreed but I bet $1.80 or 180 pennies meaning $5,400. Another guy came over and kind of confused the conversation but as far as I can tell the payout should've been $5,400 with the progressive amount of $4314. Is that right?Any insight would really be appreciated. Thanks

Usually the wins listed on the machine are for either the maximum or minimum bet amount, and not XXX times bet amount. So, I'd say you should have won either $30 or $180 plus the progressive. And, usually, the machine pays the smaller amount directly and then locks up for a progressive - are you sure you didn't also win the smaller amount?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
September 21st, 2013 at 9:27:50 AM permalink
Quote: Gamer78

Below the Progressive payout image on the slot showing 3 double wilds wins progressive is a line that shows double wild->double wild->double wild with MAX bet= 3000 then wild-> wild-> wild= 250, and so on. So I hit double wild->double wild->double wild and the machine said see attendant and played music. I had won the progressive for $4,314. However when the attendants were getting the winnings one of them said he had never seen them line up before- as to win the progressive they just have to be on the screen in any position. I was thinking about that, and the fact that they got a little weird after he made the comment. On that win, because I was betting the max of $1.80, even though I won the progressive, they were all lined up. Shouldn't I also win the 3000 times my bet or $5,400.

It says "with max bet", so I am assuming the 3000 is already multiplied.
  • Jump to: