Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
July 8th, 2011 at 4:32:08 PM permalink
Habanero Sam's is in the the oceanside community of Hermosa Beach, California. The guy collected the $50 bucks for completing the challenge, but what this news story leaves out is an eyewitness statement by a teenage boy that the they guy was, "barfing his guts out like crazy" before the cops in the restaurant called the paramedics. Hilarious.

Read the article here
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
July 8th, 2011 at 5:43:28 PM permalink

The Bhut Jolokia is a chili pepper formerly recognized by Guinness World Records as the hottest pepper in the world.The Bhut Jolokia is an interspecific hybrid from the Assam region of northeastern India and parts of neighbouring Bangladesh.

Assamese: ভূত জলকীয়া bhut jôlôkia;
Bangla: নাগা মরিচ naga morich

It is pure evil. You would have to eat a bushel of Jalapenos to even come close. Do not try one of these at your local pub.
Wavy70
Wavy70
  • Threads: 15
July 8th, 2011 at 6:55:36 PM permalink
A lil tummy trouble?
This chick can kick his @ss

Hot Hot Hot
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
iwannaiguana
iwannaiguana
  • Threads: 7
July 8th, 2011 at 9:16:20 PM permalink
Quote: Wavy70

A lil tummy trouble?
This chick can kick his @ss

Hot Hot Hot

LOL at this video. What kind of nation celebrates a record so moronic as rubbing chili peppers in their eyes?

Oh, right. I live in the US where we celebrate our independence day with a hot dog eating contest
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
July 9th, 2011 at 12:39:32 AM permalink
Idiot
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
July 9th, 2011 at 6:29:55 AM permalink
Ingesting peppers can be bad enough.

Young ladies who ask their boyfriends to slice peppers will often learn to never do that again once the night wears on and the evening's entertainment commences.

I used to go to a farmer's market wherein one of the vendors had over a dozen varieties of chilipepers on sale. I bought a few of each once and chopped them all up for some adventuresome spaghetti sauce once. Once!! My throat burned so bad, my eyes watered .. and I still don't know which particular chili pepper it was.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
July 9th, 2011 at 6:34:33 AM permalink
Quote: iwannaiguana

LOL at this video. What kind of nation celebrates a record so moronic as rubbing chili peppers in their eyes?

I've heard there are people who don't react to capsacin (capsacium?), the active substance in peppers that makes them "hot."

In any case I should try this ghost chile one of these days. I'm curious as to what it tastes like.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
July 9th, 2011 at 7:49:36 AM permalink
The jolokia is truly insane. I can handle scotch bonnets and habaneros, just barely; and at my age, I don't really want to anymore, anyhow. The jolokia is like living Dave's Insanity Sauce. I have a bottle of hot sauce made from it; I used it once. It's pretty flavorful, but the other Melinda's sauces are just as good and not as hot.

Click the bottle for the link.

A falling knife has no handle.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
July 9th, 2011 at 8:02:25 AM permalink
Quote: Mosca

The jolokia is truly insane. I can handle scotch bonnets and habaneros, just barely;

I don't want to say words I'll have to take back, but I can handle habaneros just fine. I'll leave it at that for the time being.

Quote:

The jolokia is like living Dave's Insanity Sauce. I have a bottle of hot sauce made from it; I used it once. It's pretty flavorful, but the other Melinda's sauces are just as good and not as hot.

There's a matter of dosage, too. When making chili sauce it can get complicated. For example, my morita salsa is very tasty, but has barely any sting to it (well, by my standards). The morita just isn't very hot, but it has a very distinct flavor. I've tried adding other chilies, both fresh and dried, but they don't mix well.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
  • Jump to: