SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
October 2nd, 2023 at 9:54:35 AM permalink
If anyone has access to free/discounted tickets October 18 or 20 a deal can be made that would be beneficial to both of us. PM me if it sounds reasonable. I have no idea if MGM points/offers can be used for those tix.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
October 6th, 2023 at 1:27:19 PM permalink
So no luck from the forum. The cheapest seats (after silly taxes/fees/charges/added costs/etc.) were a tad less than $600 each. It just seems insane to spend $1200 on a show. As of now we are not going. The most I ever spent on a ticket was $300 for ‘good’ seats when U2 came to Buffalo. The show was good, but my brain never accepted the $600 total for a concert.

Maybe I’m just cheap…. but I like to think it’s not just me?
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
October 6th, 2023 at 1:36:24 PM permalink
Strange...VividSeats claims that tickets exist for resale. However, Ticketmaster claims that once a ticket has been sold, either the original purchaser must be present at the time the ticket holder tries to enter the venue, or the purchaser can transfer the tickets through Ticketmaster.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
October 6th, 2023 at 2:02:10 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Strange...VividSeats claims that tickets exist for resale. However, Ticketmaster claims that once a ticket has been sold, either the original purchaser must be present at the time the ticket holder tries to enter the venue, or the purchaser can transfer the tickets through Ticketmaster.
link to original post

All the resale sites have tickets listed available. I saw one pair for around $430 a ticket. But I’d need to enter more info than I wanted to to get the final price. They did say I could buy two tix for ‘4 easy payments’ of around $285 each. That’s how I got to the ‘under $600’ a ticket guesstimate.

Still mind boggling to me.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
October 6th, 2023 at 3:51:02 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

So no luck from the forum. The cheapest seats (after silly taxes/fees/charges/added costs/etc.) were a tad less than $600 each. It just seems insane to spend $1200 on a show. As of now we are not going. The most I ever spent on a ticket was $300 for ‘good’ seats when U2 came to Buffalo. The show was good, but my brain never accepted the $600 total for a concert.

link to original post

I am not a music fan and I still don't understand the appeal of paying for concerts when you can listen to the same music for free. Surprisingly, I am also not a big fan of going to sporting events that I can watch on TV.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
October 6th, 2023 at 4:36:39 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

link to original post

I am not a music fan and I still don't understand the appeal of paying for concerts when you can listen to the same music for free. Surprisingly, I am also not a big fan of going to sporting events that I can watch on TV.
link to original post

I mostly agree, especially for sporting events. You get a much better view of everything on your 75 inch OLED TV, and much more comfortable
It’s all about making that GTA
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
October 6th, 2023 at 5:53:27 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

link to original post

link to original post

I am the same way. The only music concerts I have ever been at in person are ones where I was one of the performers, back in school.

I will go to the occasional sporting event, but I also much prefer watching them on TV, mainly for the commentary and things like instant replay.
  • Jump to: