lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
June 22nd, 2020 at 3:08:00 PM permalink
so, I opened this free demo account
I've always been a buy and hold guy but I was curious about this

Friday, was the first day and I didn't really know what I was doing and I got creamed

today, I changed my strategy based on what I've seen in sports betting - that you often have a better expectation with a bet that pays 1/2 or 1/3 then 2/1 or 3/1 - this is my opinion based on betting and observation

so, today, I bet without looking at charts and knowing exactly nothing about what I was betting - for example Forex, and stock indexes in Germany - I don't have even a clue about these securities and how they move

I aimed to profit on each trade by about 1/2 to 1/4

my theory being that gamblers trying to score at 2/1 or 3/1 are willing to give up percentage points in order to make a healthy profit

well, today, I won on 9 out of 10 trades.................................... 😄 averaging about risking $75 to win $25 - a $126 profit for the day

please, I'm not bragging - this is not real money - this is just a curiosity for me - I don't really have an appetite for this and I don't think I'll ever open a real account

I'm going to do this for a few days and if I continue to win I will report my results - if I don't report you can assume I'm losing

I think they keep the demo account open for 10 days and close it so I have I think 6 days left because I think they're counting the weekend when they're not open for trading - I think - the Nadex site is real confusing - I don't completely understand it

If it's still interesting after 10 days I can open a 2nd demo account with a different email address using what I've learned from 𝙉𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣...........😄

it's fun at least when you're winning -

one trade went thru late yesterday that I thought was cancelled - it won too making me 10 for 11
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Jun 23, 2020
Please don't feed the trolls
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
June 23rd, 2020 at 1:12:47 PM permalink
today I went 8 for 10 using the same strategy - profited by $55 by making the smallest trade allowable - one contract - the maximum risk on any one contract is $99 - but my risk on any one contract was much less than that

my total is winning 18 out of 21

today I used Forex charts to make my decisions and bet only Forex -

I won't be posting here any more - there doesn't seem to be much interest
I will continue with my demo account until it expires and maybe open a 2nd demo account

if I feel pretty certain I have an edge - which right now is definitely not for sure - I may open a small account
Please don't feed the trolls
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
June 23rd, 2020 at 2:41:33 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

today I went 8 for 10 using the same strategy - profited by $55 by making the smallest trade allowable - one contract - the maximum risk on any one contract is $99 - but my risk on any one contract was much less than that

my total is winning 18 out of 21

today I used Forex charts to make my decisions and bet only Forex -

I won't be posting here any more - there doesn't seem to be much interest
I will continue with my demo account until it expires and maybe open a 2nd demo account

if I feel pretty certain I have an edge - which right now is definitely not for sure - I may open a small account

Sometimes there isn't interest. It's happened to me too.

Keep posting if you have a message to deliver. Eventually people will read it at least.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
  • Threads: 29
June 24th, 2020 at 9:33:48 AM permalink
Lack of response isn't always an good indicator for lack of interest. I'm interested enough that I spent an hour on-line reading about binary options and Nadex, neither of which I had heard of before. I'll be very interested in hearing what the final outcome of your experiment is.
My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.
  • Jump to: