Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
September 22nd, 2018 at 10:16:44 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

But we do not want to address it. We want to be "tolerant" and say things are normal.

This is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard? So are you saying if I steal your car and kill someone YOU should be held liable? Why on earth should someone be held liable if someone commits a crime (steals their gun) then commits another crime with it?

Have you researched any fact on people 17 and under and gun deaths? 18 year olds have and should have every right to buy and own a gun as an adult. Some quick google research shows 1,300 people under 17 killed by guns each year, 38% suicides.

So take the 494 suicides out (which for simplicity I will round to 500) and that leaves just 800. That is not a big number. I'm not going to spend all day doing research, but we can assume a large part of that 800 is kids in gangs and gang violence. Meaning we do not have a "gun problem" as much as a "gang problem."

Sorry, but 800 gun deaths a year is nowhere near reason enough to start grabbing guns from law abiding people. It is a very small number, made to look large. "Gun deaths kill more kids than 'x.'" Well, as few people die so young of course something will be a "leading cause of death."

You seem afraid of guns. You are free not to own one. Learn to live and let live.

Only 800 deaths? Wow.
How many bodies did Islamic terrorists account for here last year. How many did MS 13?
You have some very bizarre beliefs.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
September 22nd, 2018 at 10:31:47 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

You have some very bizarre beliefs.

everyone does.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 22nd, 2018 at 10:33:12 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

You fallback to “prove” in every argument, and I get it. It’s an effective technique.

How can I prove the FBI didn’t send a 16 year old to have sex with a 30 year old guy for money so they could arrest him? I can’t prove it, it is just a ludicrous idea.

I never said they did or did not do that. I said given the recent history of the FBI I would not put it past them. And I do not. Unless and until the FBI cleans their house starting on the top levels they have a tarnished reputation.

Quote:

In this case, without the NRA, we might have an assault weapons ban, and tougher background check laws, and I just have to think that this would at least cause gun deaths to decrease at least by a little. I mean, you wouldn’t think that would increase gun deaths.

That is the wishful thinking of the Faculty Lounge. Look at the real world. Mexico. Major gun violence. No NRA. Very restrictive gun laws. Look around the rest of Latin America and you will find the same thing. People out to kill people do not let a little thing like a gun law stand in their way.

OTOH, the NRA does much to promote gun safety, which you would just have to think has saved lives, though is unmeasurable as you will never know who might have done what.

Quote:

But all I needed to do to prove your post wrong was to legitimately believe that the NRA contributes to the increase in gun deaths. I think I accomplished that.

Now I need to prove that I have an IQ above 90. Which I don’t care enough to do.

Maybe you proved me wrong, maybe you proved me right. The world will never know. But you did just give the worn out old argument used over and over. You have yet to explain how the places with the most gun violence are also the places with the most restrictive gun laws. If your logic was correct, assault weapons banned = safety, well, Chicago would then be the safest city in the world, gun violence wise. Is it?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
September 22nd, 2018 at 11:18:12 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

There are more mass shootings because the pressure nakes the shooters famous(infamous).

NEVER mention the shooters names or make movies and sbows about
them. I bet it would have happend far less if not for all the press.

Quote: TomG

Mental health would be the most important long term issue that could actually be addressed.

Dig long enough and you eventually find treasure.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
September 22nd, 2018 at 1:36:48 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

NEVER mention the shooters names
I bet it would have happend far less if not for all the press.

that's a nice idea but it's not going to happen
the press wants to sell their news
the public wants to know

the only way to make that happen would be to get the Government involved in making and enforcing new laws

and that's a terrible idea
Please don't feed the trolls
billryan
billryan
September 22nd, 2018 at 3:10:26 PM permalink
I'd love to know what genius came up with the idea that the media covering up mass shootings will lower the incidents.
Probably the same guy who thinks publishing the names of John's and drunk drivers prevents more such cases.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
September 24th, 2018 at 1:14:12 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

really? can you point to an incident in the 50s, 60s, 70s or 80s of 20 elementary school children being shot and killed as in Newtown.

or how about the Las Vegas shooter who killed 58 and directly or indirectly left 851 injured.

don't even bother to try buddy. you can't.

1927, Bath, Michigan. Farmer Andrew Kehoe used a rifle and explosives in a schoolhouse, killing 44. 38 kids, almost every child in the town, more than Sandy and Columbine combined. /but that's none of my business Kermit.jpeg

Scratch that last. I've been real pissy lately and that's my problem, not yours. But this isn't some weird millennial phenomena. People have been killing people since people became people. The first school shooting in the section of the North American continent we call the US happened before there was even a US. 1754-ish, Lenape Indians shot a teacher and tomahawked and scalped 10 kids. There is nothing new under the sun. Just a lot of money and power in convincing you so.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
  • Jump to: