lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
August 25th, 2018 at 1:55:36 AM permalink
from the article:

"Four days before the 2016 congressional primary in her Northern California district, Erin Schrode woke up to tens of thousands of messages. They were everywhere: in her email, on her cellphone, on her Facebook and her Twitter and her Instagram.
“All would laugh with glee as they gang raped her and then bashed her bagel eating brains in,” one said.
“It’d be amusing to see her take twenty or so for 8 or 10 hours,” another said, again suggesting gang-rape.
It has been two years since Ms. Schrode, now 27, lost her Democratic primary and moved on. But the abuse — a toxic sludge of online trolling steeped in misogyny and anti-Semitism that also included photoshopped images of her face stretched into a Nazi lampshade and references to “preheating the ovens” — never stopped."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/24/us/politics/women-harassment-elections.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

So disgusting. Yeah, it's only a small % that do this but that doesn't make me feel better about it. Welcome to the dark side of America.
this is a pic of the woman they bashed:

more from the article re Kim Weaver an Iowa poltician:

"Last year, sexist and anti-Semitic abuse helped drive Kim Weaver, an Iowa Democrat, out of her race against Representative Steve King.Someone crept onto her property overnight and put up a “for sale” sign. The neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer published an article (no longer available) titled, as Ms. Weaver recalled it, “Meet the Whore Who’s Running Against Steve King,” '
Please don't feed the trolls
Nathan
Nathan 
  • Threads: 66
August 25th, 2018 at 2:03:03 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

from the article:

"Four days before the 2016 congressional primary in her Northern California district, Erin Schrode woke up to tens of thousands of messages. They were everywhere: in her email, on her cellphone, on her Facebook and her Twitter and her Instagram.
“All would laugh with glee as they gang raped her and then bashed her bagel eating brains in,” one said.
“It’d be amusing to see her take twenty or so for 8 or 10 hours,” another said, again suggesting gang-rape.
It has been two years since Ms. Schrode, now 27, lost her Democratic primary and moved on. But the abuse — a toxic sludge of online trolling steeped in misogyny and anti-Semitism that also included photoshopped images of her face stretched into a Nazi lampshade and references to “preheating the ovens” — never stopped."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/24/us/politics/women-harassment-elections.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

So disgusting. Yeah, it's only a small % that do this but that doesn't make me feel better about it. Welcome to the dark side of America.
this is a pic of the woman they bashed:

This is horrible. Poor woman to get all those nasty, demeaning , abusive messages. She seems to be a lovely person and didn't deserve that. I have a very strong feeling that if this were Aaron Schrode, he wouldn't be getting these harassing messages. :(
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
  • Jump to: