Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 15th, 2023 at 10:57:16 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

Sardines. There are people who would be hating life if they had to eat sardines every day

As for me, I buy them and enjoy them at times. Probably have to credit my dad, who insisted we have them at least once a week. A childhood in the Great Depression can find you getting a taste for such things, I've heard we used to consume a lot of sardines in this country in those days. I also like 'kipper snacks' , similar to sardines as to the fish, but much different, and the variety that offers is big with me. It's a smoked herring, but when they can them it's with fish broth. I also sometimes get canned mackerel and make big sandwiches, you eat the bones* and all. Getting a good brand is key, like chicken of the sea.

I couldn't eat sardines daily, I definitely muse about 'not having them again for a while' even after enjoying them. I know they are considered good for you, and yes, even as a big part of your diet. I sometimes wonder if we are going to see the news report "scientists now saying they aren't sure eating too many sardines is good for you" ... but can't think of a reason that would be. I just get that feeling, and if you eat them a lot, don't tell me you don't wonder too.

* the heat of the canning process turns the bones into something as soft as the flesh, same for sardines ... but they are so big you might be suspicious about it
link to original post

Right now I have 200 cans of sardines in my pantry. I would eat more than one can a day if I could. There's a doctor who eats five cans of sardines a day and blows his blood work out of the water every year because of it. Sardines are so incredibly good for you that you should eat them whether you like them or not. There are so many ways to hide them in food but I don't see why because they taste great just out of the can. I mix them with an avocado every day and make a sandwich.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
March 15th, 2023 at 11:13:23 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Sardines. There are people who would be hating life if they had to eat sardines every day

As for me, I buy them and enjoy them at times. Probably have to credit my dad, who insisted we have them at least once a week. A childhood in the Great Depression can find you getting a taste for such things, I've heard we used to consume a lot of sardines in this country in those days. I also like 'kipper snacks' , similar to sardines as to the fish, but much different, and the variety that offers is big with me. It's a smoked herring, but when they can them it's with fish broth. I also sometimes get canned mackerel and make big sandwiches, you eat the bones* and all. Getting a good brand is key, like chicken of the sea.

I couldn't eat sardines daily, I definitely muse about 'not having them again for a while' even after enjoying them. I know they are considered good for you, and yes, even as a big part of your diet. I sometimes wonder if we are going to see the news report "scientists now saying they aren't sure eating too many sardines is good for you" ... but can't think of a reason that would be. I just get that feeling, and if you eat them a lot, don't tell me you don't wonder too.

* the heat of the canning process turns the bones into something as soft as the flesh, same for sardines ... but they are so big you might be suspicious about it
link to original post

Right now I have 200 cans of sardines in my pantry. I would eat more than one can a day if I could. There's a doctor who eats five cans of sardines a day and blows his blood work out of the water every year because of it. Sardines are so incredibly good for you that you should eat them whether you like them or not. There are so many ways to hide them in food but I don't see why because they taste great just out of the can. I mix them with an avocado every day and make a sandwich.
link to original post

Your cats must love you for your breath. It doesn’t take me long to remember to throw out the trash when there is an empty sardine can in it. That shiz is maximum stink real quick.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 15th, 2023 at 11:19:33 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Quote: EvenBob

link to original post

link to original post

Your cats must love you for your breath. It doesn’t take me long to remember to throw out the trash when there is an empty sardine can in it. That shiz is maximum stink real quick.
link to original post

I only get sardines packed water they don't smell like anything. Mackerel is the one that smells bad and I eat a lot of that too.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
March 15th, 2023 at 11:41:44 AM permalink

Also, at first, I thought Drich, said his food was ....... and pigeons. Where's my glasses?

I have never had pan fried pigeon. I would assume baked or broasted would be better.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
March 15th, 2023 at 11:46:14 AM permalink
These days, I go for smoked sardines in oil, or sardines* in tomato sauce.

Either is splendid tossed with pasta.

Kipper snacks seem to be brine packed in a tin. Kippers seem to usually be dried.

Placing a towel over the can while opening one of the pull-ring packages seems to keep the aerosolized aromatics from sticking to everything in a 2.4 meter radius.

I haven't had any in a few months. :(

I had a sandwich of "dutch loaf" and cheese. I had planned on cooking this like a grilled cheese, but was in a hurry and decided to eat it cold rather than saturating it in butter and frying to a delightful golden crisp.
Dutch Loaf seems to be some heavily seasoned, but not smoked, cold cut lunchmeat loaf with a trapezoidal cross section. The shape is similar to some Olive Loaves and P&P loaves I've had, but the spice blend is different.

The day is not yet over, so I'm probably going to collect a "free" Junior Frosty with one of their sack meals. Vegetables can wait.

*: Fine. Saury.
May the cards fall in your favor.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
March 15th, 2023 at 1:03:51 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

Kipper snacks seem to be brine packed in a tin.

brined? seems to be a broth to me, but salty
Quote:

Kippers seem to usually be dried.

That would be traditional, but who has that in the US? When they can them, which is how you can get them here, they have to put the liquid in I'm sure

When I moved to Virginia years ago, I discovered we have something people call 'saltfish' ... obviously salted fish, unclear what kind as when you search for it all kinds of stuff comes up. I'd have to say there are clearly other areas with the tradition, though before I moved here I never heard anyone talk about it. Here it is a big thing with the old timers. I would have someone ask if I wanted to go in with them if they bought some, so I think typically you buy it in a big tub or something. I had to tell them I wouldn't know how to cook it. Finally I found a restaurant featuring it and tried it. It ain't much ... an acquired taste to a degree I think. If you were brought up on it, you might decide you're crazy about it, it seems. No way younger people will hardly know anything about it.

Now a fish fry ... that I can really dig. Around here it is usually whitefish, I'm told, and usually all you can eat at an outdoor venue put on to raise money for something. They'll have hushpuppies, beans, and slaw ... maybe fried pork rinds

link to original post
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 240
March 15th, 2023 at 1:14:02 PM permalink
I suspect many people have unknowingly eaten pigeon. It's all dark meat and rich in protein and nutrients. It was more popular than chicken until breeders figured out how to create a plumper bird.
By the way- pigeon farmers get $15 a pound for their product, more than triple what cattle farmers make. Egg to market is one month compared to several years for cattle.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
March 15th, 2023 at 1:29:02 PM permalink

Kipper snacks seem to be brine packed in a tin.

brined? seems to be a broth to me, but salty
Quote:

Kippers seem to usually be dried.

That would be traditional, but who has that in the US? When they can them, which is how you can get them here, they have to put the liquid in I'm sure

I believe I have seen kippers at certain specialty purveyors, although I don't remember which. It has definitely been "a while" since I've gone looking, so they may no longer be readily available, and I might have seen them while "in season".

Kipper snacks are everywhere. There are brand differences in flavour and texture.

Quote:

When I moved to Virginia years ago, I discovered we have something people call 'saltfish' ... obviously salted fish, unclear what kind as when you search for it all kinds of stuff comes up. I'd have to say there are clearly other areas with the tradition, though before I moved here I never heard anyone talk about it. Here it is a big thing with the old timers. I would have someone ask if I wanted to go in with them if they bought some, so I think typically you buy it in a big tub or something. I had to tell them I wouldn't know how to cook it. Finally I found a restaurant featuring it and tried it. It ain't much ... an acquired taste to a degree I think. If you were brought up on it, you might decide you're crazy about it, it seems. No way younger people will hardly know anything about it.

Now a fish fry ... that I can really dig. Around here it is usually whitefish, I'm told, and usually all you can eat at an outdoor venue put on to raise money for something. They'll have hushpuppies, beans, and slaw ... maybe fried pork rinds

link to original post
link to original post

Around Wisconsin, "Fish Fry" is usually a bar food dinner. Darn good, too.
There are special outdoor fundraiser events as well; "Fish Boil" is popular in Door County (and seemingly nowhere else); Smelt Fry is extremely popular with a narrow audience.

If I never have to pretend to enjoy another overcooked frozen lobster tail fundraiser again, that would be just fine. I think I'd rather just get a brat at the concession stand, donate $20, and go watch the tractor pull.

The vanilla junior frosty was OK. The chicken nuggets were not.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
March 15th, 2023 at 1:40:51 PM permalink
We used to go to the VFW for the fish fry.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
March 15th, 2023 at 1:42:38 PM permalink
This is the smoothy I have been eating for breakfast 1-2X a week. Comments? Note: photo is two weeks old, so please no gas about expiration date on milk.

Mix in blender:
one banana, sliced
3/4 cup of milk
1/4 cup of yogurt
one scoop of organic protein (powdered peas&pea pods, powdered acacia, powdered brewers rice)
some chia seeds

We take the banana peels, chop them up and use them in a watering can to add calcium as we water our vegetable garden and flower beds. Photo below. Then, into our compost heap.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
March 15th, 2023 at 3:57:29 PM permalink
I made this for lunch using a grass-fed ribeye. I’d never cooked with brandy but it makes the sauce fantastic

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/steak-diane
It’s all about making that GTA
DRich
DRich
March 15th, 2023 at 4:17:53 PM permalink
Tonights dinner is a grilled Italian sausage on some fine Dixie place setting. I am being joined by Sam Malone and Rebecca Howe, and of course, Pinot and Winston

EvenBob
EvenBob
March 15th, 2023 at 4:21:06 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Tonights dinner is a grilled Italian sausage on some fine Dixie place setting. I am being joined by Sam Malone and Rebecca Howe, and of course, Pinot and Winston

link to original post

Seen Rebecca lately, she doesn't look like that anymore.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
March 20th, 2023 at 8:09:57 AM permalink

rice is a great side dish for just about any meal

brown rice if you want to make a healthy choice

so easy to make in a rice cooker - cheap too

Please don't feed the trolls
DRich
DRich
March 20th, 2023 at 8:48:34 AM permalink
I smoked a beef brisket yesterday. It was about four pound and only took a little over six hours. I was expecting it to take eight hours. That is the first time that I have attempted a brisket on the smoker. I did not have very high hopes but it came out much better than I was expecting. I would give it a 6.5 out of 10. The main problem was it didn't take in as much smoke as I would have liked but the tenderness and look were right on point and it had a decent bark.

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
March 20th, 2023 at 9:37:35 AM permalink
No excuse for failure Drich. You can find next to perfect cooking instructions on the internet. Chapgpt probably write you up step by step instructions.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
DRich
DRich
March 20th, 2023 at 9:57:22 AM permalink

No excuse for failure Drich. You can find next to perfect cooking instructions on the internet. Chapgpt probably write you up step by step instructions.
link to original post

I wish it was that easy. ChatGPT does not seem to be able to keep my smoker at a consistent 230 degrees.

I had always been hesitant to try a brisket because they are expensive and I assumed I would screw it up.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
March 20th, 2023 at 10:40:56 AM permalink
It doesn't look like "failure" in the same way "burnt no-bake cheesecake" does.
billryan
billryan 
March 20th, 2023 at 12:20:25 PM permalink

link to original post

The problem is there are twenty plus recipes for the perfect brisket and many contradict each other.
I've never had a brisket I enjoyed. Not the NY Jewish style, nor the various SW styles.
If your meat is cooking more than ten minutes, you've lost me.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan 
March 20th, 2023 at 12:21:51 PM permalink

link to original post

I wish it was that easy. ChatGPT does not seem to be able to keep my smoker at a consistent 230 degrees.

I had always been hesitant to try a brisket because they are expensive and I assumed I would screw it up.
link to original post

Even ChatGPT knows you slow cook stew, not sides of beef.
DRich
DRich
March 20th, 2023 at 1:34:24 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

link to original post

I consider myself a somewhat BBQ snob. Pork and beef need to be on the fire for at a minimum 4 hours. I love pulled pork and cannot even imagine having it if it wasn't smoked for at least 4 hours.
billryan
billryan 
March 20th, 2023 at 4:52:44 PM permalink

link to original post

I consider myself a somewhat BBQ snob. Pork and beef need to be on the fire for at a minimum 4 hours. I love pulled pork and cannot even imagine having it if it wasn't smoked for at least 4 hours.
link to original post

I don't eat pork except for an occasional Italian sweet sausage. I cook my beef at over 500 degrees and like it seared on the outside but bloody on the inside.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
March 26th, 2023 at 4:44:52 AM permalink

in an earlier post I indicated that I thought some frozen food was good but couldn't match up with home cooking

this one imo can match up with home cooking

it's that good

Please don't feed the trolls
linksjunkie
linksjunkie
  • Threads: 11
March 26th, 2023 at 12:31:42 PM permalink
Yes. Solid product just don’t look at the calories. FYI one pie is 2 servings lol.

If you have Bibigo brand frozen food give it a try. Also very high quality frozen option.
Son you ain’t paying attention I’m cutting you but you ain’t bleeding - Foghorn Leghorn
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
April 1st, 2023 at 8:56:55 AM permalink
Chicken Teriyaki Taquitos.
Meh. Some weird flavor is lurking within.
Ace2
Ace2
April 1st, 2023 at 9:55:02 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

in an earlier post I indicated that I thought some frozen food was good but couldn't match up with home cooking

it's that good

link to original post

950 mg of sodium in one 600 calorie pie !!!

Perfect example of the problem with processed food. You have a few processed meals per day and that’s like 4000 mgs. And probably a lot higher since 600 calories is just half a serving for many people. Then consider all the flour (55g carbs) and it’s a total disaster

Prepare and eat fresh food (no labels), add salt until it tastes right and you be fine. Could not be easier
DRich
DRich
April 1st, 2023 at 10:58:58 AM permalink
The dogs and I shared a bag of frozen meatballs.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
Thanked by
SOOPOO
April 1st, 2023 at 11:14:42 AM permalink
Quote: Ace2

it's that good

link to original post

Perfect example of the problem with processed food. You have a few processed meals per day and that’s like 4000 mgs. And probably a lot higher since 600 calories is just half a serving for many people. Then consider all the flour (55g carbs) and it’s a total disaster

Prepare and eat fresh food (no labels), add salt until it tastes right and you be fine. Could not be easier
link to original post

I don’t know, seems like it could be easier. Like for example, just sticking something in the microwave, crockpot or oven.
DRich
DRich
April 1st, 2023 at 12:25:42 PM permalink
Quote: Ace2

it's that good

link to original post

link to original post

To me everything is always under seasoned. I add salt to everything. That may be the reason my blood pressure was 255/152.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
April 1st, 2023 at 1:46:38 PM permalink
Tuna sandwich: tuna, mayo, pepper, garlic salt, season salt, celery, green onion on whole wheat with lettuce.
"What, me worry?"
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
April 1st, 2023 at 2:02:55 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Tuna sandwich: tuna, mayo, pepper, garlic salt, season salt, celery, green onion on whole wheat with lettuce.
link to original post

Which kind of mayo?
I ran out of Kewpie last week and am trying to muddle through with Duke's until my next resupply trip.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
April 1st, 2023 at 2:04:06 PM permalink
Lunch: homemade bagel dog (made with a Kirkland hot dog)
Dinner: 16-ounce double burger I got yesterday from a deli (they grind their own meat), plus homemade fries
billryan
billryan 
April 1st, 2023 at 2:14:21 PM permalink

link to original post

Breakfast of champions.
Ace2
Ace2
April 1st, 2023 at 2:48:42 PM permalink

[

To me everything is always under seasoned. I add salt to everything. That may be the reason my blood pressure was 255/152.
link to original post

Wouldn’t that level (sustained) be fatal. ?
DRich
DRich
April 1st, 2023 at 6:27:54 PM permalink

link to original post

Which kind of mayo?
I ran out of Kewpie last week and am trying to muddle through with Duke's until my next resupply trip.
link to original post

In the South people will fight you if you don't serve Duke's.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
April 1st, 2023 at 7:26:28 PM permalink

link to original post

Which kind of mayo?
link to original post

In the South people will fight you if you don't serve Duke's.
link to original post

Thankfully, I am usually permitted to stay in the "Top 10" states on the map, where the climate better suits my disposition.
billryan
billryan 
April 1st, 2023 at 7:49:26 PM permalink
I was never a mayo fan. As a kid I hated it but I've learned to tolerate it.
For fans of Hellmans, the label informs them that Hellmans is known as Best Foods West of the Rockies. Again, as a kid I took it literally and thought mayo was the best food you could get west of the Roickies. My Dad was being transferred to fort Ord and my mom didn't understand why I didn't want to move there.
Last edited by: billryan on Apr 1, 2023
Ace2
Ace2
April 1st, 2023 at 8:02:39 PM permalink
On the rare occasion I need mayo for a recipe, I make it myself. Very easy
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
April 1st, 2023 at 9:42:53 PM permalink

Which kind of mayo?

Nothing fancy: Best Foods Real Mayonnaise.

I don't add a lot to the tuna; some people do, but not me.
"What, me worry?"
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
April 2nd, 2023 at 3:19:38 AM permalink
I love mayonnaise but allow myself very little of it

A lot of people are picky about the brand, my wife insists on 'Blue Plate'. As for me, as long as it's real mayo I can't tell the difference ... as long as it isn't 'Miracle Whip' or the store brand version of that my mom used to get. My indifference otherwise I have to attribute to something I often have to confess: "my palate is not sophisticated enough to tell the difference"

googled:
Origin: French, probably from the feminine of mahonnais ‘of or from Port Mahon’, the capital of Minorca.

PS: if you wanted to get me killed, without going to jail for it, see to it that I can have all the deviled eggs I can eat available all the time. In a couple of years you'd be able to chuckle at my exit from the world at 800 pounds
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
April 2nd, 2023 at 3:55:38 AM permalink
There’s a Secret Variety of Mayonnaise You’ve Probably Never Heard Of

Ever notice that restaurant/deli mayo, dipping sauces, and dressings taste better? They use a variety of called heavy mayo, which has a higher yolk content, less air whipped in, and for some reason is only available in bulk quantities.

Kewpie and Dukes are very similar to heavy mayo. I also think Chik Fil A mayo packets are heavy mayo. I used to put 4 packets on a chicken sandwhich before I realized they were 100 calories each. Unsurprisingly I have high cholesterol.
vbnm4
vbnm4
  • Threads: 0
April 2nd, 2023 at 5:04:15 AM permalink
Today I eat pouridge with apple juice, it's so interesting for me to make it on my own!
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
April 2nd, 2023 at 5:22:28 AM permalink

PS: if you wanted to get me killed, without going to jail for it, see to it that I can have all the deviled eggs I can eat available all the time. In a couple of years you'd be able to chuckle at my exit from the world at 800 pounds
link to original post

¡truncado!

Not trying to off you, just curious on style.

I've seen plain, dusted with paprika, dusted with chili powder, topped with bacon, topped with anchovy, topped with a spear of roasted red bell pepper, topped with kimchi...

PS: An old friend used to bring a big tray to "vegan" potlucks. Turns out, most of the other attendees were not strictly vegan, as the eggs were all gone inside 8 minutes.

PPS: Foodservice 'heavy' mayo has extra egg yolk, along with whole egg. Duke's has whole egg, extra yolk, and is nicely seasoned. Kewpie is all egg yolk, comes with the convenient 2 way chef cap, and has recently been on sale at the place I go. High test imported Kewpie is all egg yolk, plus MSG, and is usually wrapped in the funny baggie-pillow.
(The doctors say my cholesterol levels are "a little high", but not off the charts. HDL/LDL ok, but those triglycerides...)
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
April 2nd, 2023 at 5:31:17 AM permalink

I've seen plain, dusted with paprika, dusted with chili powder, topped with bacon, topped with anchovy, topped with a spear of roasted red bell pepper, topped with kimchi...
link to original post

Olives are good too. But three things suit me best, besides mayo of course: 'some' mustard, very spicy [some people don't seem to know what deviled means] and no sugar, ugh! I like my wife's with some hot sauce ready on the side. I don't know her recipe
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
April 2nd, 2023 at 6:10:24 AM permalink

link to original post

Olives are good too. But three things suit me best, besides mayo of course: 'some' mustard, very spicy [some people don't seem to know what deviled means] and no sugar, ugh! I like my wife's with some hot sauce ready on the side. I don't know her recipe
link to original post

The 'bratwurst' style mustards seem quite nice with eggs. Koops Dusseldorf style is quite approachable; Silver Spring has a good horseradish mustard.
Slimm & Nunne seem to have stopped offering their really high test varieties, and I don't think I've seen a pot of Royal Bohemian Triple XXX in two decades ("searing pain" becomes a "why won't my nose stop running" finish. I recommend starting at not more than 0.5 grams per egg. I have witnessed the bold falling to their knees, pleading for a mercy which does not come.).
billryan
billryan 
April 2nd, 2023 at 9:51:12 AM permalink
It's old-time baseball weekend in Bisbee as 24 old-time teams come for the annual exhibition. Yesterday they played by 1860s rules and today, they are using 1890s rules. They are selling old-time candy and food, as well. I never had warm cracker jacks before. They are quite good. Instead of hot dogs, they have red hots. Similar to the sausages street vendors in NY sell, except the roll is oversized and more Italian bread than a hot dog roll. They come with a dipping cup of an onion-type sauce.
DRich
DRich
April 3rd, 2023 at 4:35:53 AM permalink

It's old-time baseball weekend in Bisbee as 24 old-time teams come for the annual exhibition. Yesterday they played by 1860s rules and today, they are using 1890s rules. They are selling old-time candy and food, as well. I never had warm cracker jacks before. They are quite good. Instead of hot dogs, they have red hots. Similar to the sausages street vendors in NY sell, except the roll is oversized and more Italian bread than a hot dog roll. They come with a dipping cup of an onion-type sauce.
link to original post

Interesting, what were some of the rule changes?
billryan
billryan 
April 3rd, 2023 at 7:30:09 AM permalink

link to original post

Interesting, what were some of the rule changes?
link to original post

Balls hit to the outfield that were caught on the first hop were outs. No leading off bases and no feet first slides were the more obvious ones. In the 1860s rules, balls were pitched underhand and slow, and a foul bowl on strike three was an out. In the 1890s rules, a ball that landed in fair territory in the infield but then went foul was ruled fair. I think the umpires ruled whichever way was more fun. For myself, the high point was having a few hundred people singing Take Me Out To The Ball Game at the halfway mark of games. No seventh Inning stretch, as that wasn't "invented" until much later.
The ball was much softer than today's ball. Perhaps slightly bigger, but not by much. Everybody hits the ball into the ground since flyballs are all outs if caught before the second bounce.
Last edited by: billryan on Apr 3, 2023
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
April 3rd, 2023 at 8:53:07 AM permalink

I smoked a beef brisket yesterday.
link to original post

(just one complete sentence, for context)

The sale flyer that came around today says brisket points, $1.99/lb.

No smoker. (sigh)
With so much of the history of food being a battle between "Dinner shouldn't taste like fire" vs "Yes, it really really should", I'm sure I'll come up with something.
DRich
DRich
April 3rd, 2023 at 8:55:47 AM permalink

I smoked a beef brisket yesterday.
link to original post

(just one complete sentence, for context)

The sale flyer that came around today says brisket points, $1.99/lb.

No smoker. (sigh)
With so much of the history of food being a battle between "Dinner shouldn't taste like fire" vs "Yes, it really really should", I'm sure I'll come up with something.
link to original post

You can do it on a BBQ grill if you can get the temperature low enough. On my gas grill it will heat to 225 with one burner on and set at the lowest setting. You can always put some wood chips in tin foil and set it near the flame (poke holes in tin foil so the smoke can escape).
  • Jump to: