Thread Rating:

FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
July 19th, 2019 at 8:56:20 AM permalink
couldn't stay awake but did manage to hear the MoW knock. Peppered grilled fish on a bed of rice, green beans with grilled peppers, half a donut. Now I have to see if I can keep awake again.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
July 19th, 2019 at 9:20:43 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

couldn't stay awake but did manage to hear the MoW knock. Peppered grilled fish on a bed of rice, green beans with grilled peppers, half a donut. Now I have to see if I can keep awake again.

before your recent health scare were you in a facility and getting MoW?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
July 19th, 2019 at 10:19:39 AM permalink
I was living in a county poorhouse but not receiving any food bank items and not getting Meals on Wheels at all much less getting it free. I had tipped my primary care doc's scales at 309 pounds and later the Supermarket scale at 336 pounds but was later discharged from rehab-hell at 241.3 lbs..
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
RS
July 19th, 2019 at 12:17:39 PM permalink

I was living in a county poorhouse but not receiving any food bank items and not getting Meals on Wheels at all much less getting it free. I had tipped my primary care doc's scales at 309 pounds and later the Supermarket scale at 336 pounds but was later discharged from rehab-hell at 241.3 lbs..

Wow, you are an expert at weight loss. You should probably give GWAE some pointers.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
July 19th, 2019 at 12:44:01 PM permalink

It sounds like hell, but that's life saving weight loss. Your current diet sounds pretty dire, but seems to be helping you lose weight, albeit miserable food.

Re your earlier post. No guilt trips, matey. We can all fall on hard times. You don't strike me as a p1ss taker.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
July 19th, 2019 at 2:21:41 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Wow, you are an expert at weight loss.
You should probably give .............. . some pointers.

Get taken out of the poorhouse by Fire Department ambulance while being unable to tell them your age or who the President is or what year it is. Arrive at ER and hear background comments such as 'get another sample, that can't be right' and 'wow, how is he still alive'. Be sure the ER, wound care, hospital and re-hab all serve the same swill that no decent human being would feed to an animal.
GWAE
GWAE
July 19th, 2019 at 4:13:14 PM permalink
Proud of myself for today's dinner. We had a bunch of stuff to after work. Kids wanted to Wendy's. I ended up having a large chili, side salad, and part of a baked potato and water. Much better than my normal large fry, large coke, and bacon burger.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
July 19th, 2019 at 10:08:28 PM permalink

You sure you're not the secret identity of The Tick?

Sorry, bad joke. I was just picturing you "all swole up like a tick". I'm sure it was miserable, but glad you were able to discharge the fluids and heal at least somewhat.

BTW, I think very highly of The Tick. No insult intended.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
July 20th, 2019 at 5:17:23 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Proud of myself for today's dinner.

Justifiably proud! Keep up the good work. You don't have to eat the best choices out there, just good ones.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
July 20th, 2019 at 7:20:38 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

You sure you're not the secret identity of The Tick?
Sorry, bad joke. I was just picturing you "all swole up like a tick".
I'm sure it was miserable, but glad you were able to discharge the fluids and heal at least somewhat.
BTW, I think very highly of The Tick. No insult intended.

LOL. I've not seen Amazon's new series but I have seen on-air promos about The Tick.
Fluids? Yeah, but lots of proteins, minerals and vitamins were flowing out my soles, ankles and calves while my primary care quacks refused to bandage anything and were telling me wait for equipment from a firm that didn't even supply such equipment, just supplied software for billing for it.

Even that first day in filthy rehab involved a barbell so light everyone on this forum both male and female would consider insulting, yet I could barely manage five of the requested fifteen repetitions.

Now I get MoW volunteers but on Saturdays they bring Sunday meals as well. So today I not only wolfed down the sandwich and ginger cookie but also tomorrow's tuna curry and pastry. All the sugary stuff and fruit juices are bad for me but they are delivered and free, so I am putting on weight that I've been told will kill me. no will power at all.
GWAE
GWAE
Thanked by
OnceDear
July 20th, 2019 at 12:06:06 PM permalink

Justifiably proud! Keep up the good work. You don't have to eat the best choices out there, just good ones.

Thank you. At family reunion. Coors light can is only 1 point on weight watchers. A Pepsi is 5 points. Had 4 beers and 1 hamburger with 2 patties instead of 2 burgers. I did have a piece of jello cake but all in all another good day.
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 20th, 2019 at 12:13:13 PM permalink
You don't have to eat perfect. Just eat better than you used to.
Be ever conscious of what is different and better and of what awful, calorie loaded, crap you USED TO EAT all the time.

And again... Let's hear it for FIBRE.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
July 20th, 2019 at 12:21:21 PM permalink

Even that first day in filthy rehab involved a barbell so light everyone on this forum both male and female would consider insulting, yet I could barely manage five of the requested fifteen repetitions.

I started working oot last month. My barbell is pink. It's like a roll of silver dollars. It's the most extreme workout I do.

Typically I'm limited to lifting the weight of my arm by itself. Did my first one last week. Now I can lift it 4 or 5 times before it quits.

Fixin' to stick with it, show these boys how it's done.

Join me.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 20th, 2019 at 12:27:38 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Fixin' to stick with it, show these boys how it's done.

Join me.

OK. I'm in. Never done weights. Done gym machines and cardio routines.
Come Monday, I'm going to get myself doing some (light) weights in my gym routine.
Face
Administrator
Face
July 20th, 2019 at 1:46:46 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Come Monday, I'm going to get myself doing some (light) weights in my gym routine.

You can have the head start. I'm not doing nothing until the heat and humidity drops below that of me two veg.
DRich
DRich
July 20th, 2019 at 1:54:46 PM permalink

You can have the head start. I'm not doing nothing until the heat and humidity drops below that of me two veg.

You people sure whine a lot abut heat. It is 105 in my back yard right now and it is a beautiful day.

Even the new puppy is out enjoying the sun.

GWAE
GWAE
July 20th, 2019 at 2:40:51 PM permalink

You people sure whine a lot abut heat. It is 105 in my back yard right now and it is a beautiful day.

Have you been in east coast heat?

The problem with our heat is with 70% humidity. 94 makes you sweat horribly and the sweat doesn't go anywhere other than down your back and in your shirt. 105 in Vegas with 3% humidity you sweat and it evaporates. I was in Vegas last year for 110, while it was hot as hell it was much more bareable.
DRich
DRich
July 20th, 2019 at 2:48:34 PM permalink

The problem with our heat is with 70% humidity. 94 makes you sweat horribly and the sweat doesn't go anywhere other than down your back and in your shirt. 105 in Vegas with 3% humidity you sweat and it evaporates. I was in Vegas last year for 110, while it was hot as hell it was much more bareable.

Of course I have. I grew up on Lake Erie and spent lots of time in Florida. I grew up without air conditioning and walked up hill to school both ways.

Do you know what smart people do when it is hot outside? Stay inside.
Face
Administrator
Face
July 20th, 2019 at 2:59:21 PM permalink
Exactly that. I've been in 90s on 140* tarmac with 500* pulsing in my lap in jeans and leather. That was hot.

This is a state where you begin as wet as a post shower pat down, then with more haste than is acceptable instantly enter a state of ever increasing sticky greasiness. It's instant, it's ever present. It's 81 gd * and 81% humidity IN MY BASEMENT.
GWAE
GWAE
July 20th, 2019 at 3:27:25 PM permalink

Exactly that. I've been in 90s on 140* tarmac with 500* pulsing in my lap in jeans and leather. That was hot.

This is a state where you begin as wet as a post shower pat down, then with more haste than is acceptable instantly enter a state of ever increasing sticky greasiness. It's instant, it's ever present. It's 81 gd * and 81% humidity IN MY BASEMENT.

The stickiness is the worst part. My hands and arms are so sticky.
GWAE
GWAE
July 20th, 2019 at 3:29:34 PM permalink

Of course I have. I grew up on Lake Erie and spent lots of time in Florida. I grew up without air conditioning and walked up hill to school both ways.

Do you know what smart people do when it is hot outside? Stay inside.

Gawd I wish I could have. Although family reunions usually have some fights. 2 so far with 1 person storming to their car.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
July 21st, 2019 at 10:43:29 AM permalink
am very, very impressed with almond milk which is somewhat new for me
IMO much better than regular milk - has no fat and won't go bad for months - and tastes better
plus you can get it unsweetened - I put it in my coffee - gives it a boost of flavor........................................
Please don't feed the trolls
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
July 21st, 2019 at 10:47:36 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

am very, very impressed with almond milk which is somewhat new for me
IMO much better than regular milk - has no fat and won't go bad for months - and tastes better
plus you can get it unsweetened - I put it in my coffee - gives it a boost of flavor........................................

Dude. We just found common ground. Almond milk in coffee is the best.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
July 21st, 2019 at 11:03:57 AM permalink

105° in Vegas feels like 110°. 105° in Houston feels like 145°. Did 8 days in that July Houston in 1992. Most miserable week in my life, worse even than -30 or worse in Minnesota. You can't move it's so oppressive.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
July 21st, 2019 at 11:08:29 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Dude. We just found common ground. Almond milk in coffee is the best.

awesome..............................................I'll post a few more pics of east coast trees for your enjoyment

Please don't feed the trolls
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
July 22nd, 2019 at 4:34:30 PM permalink
MoW brought me Polish sausage on a bed of sauerkraut, some Guava pastry and some broccoli and carrots stuff.
No, its not on the approved list for diabetics or gout sufferers, but it was delicious and no plate had to be washed afterwards.

then I went to the grocery store and successfully resisted all those two for one bakery specials,

Picked up my laundry and drove home where I collapsed in the heat. later opened a can of canelli beans and was zapping them in the microwave but the poorhouse is built on a flood plain in what was locally known as tornado alley, so I had to eat them luke warm because the power went out again.
GWAE
GWAE
July 22nd, 2019 at 4:49:07 PM permalink
I didnt think you drove?

Just finished dinner. Made grilled chicken with teriyaki sauce, brown rice, and sauteed mushrooms, onions, and green peppers.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
July 22nd, 2019 at 5:47:15 PM permalink

I didnt think you drove?

Prior to hospitalization I was too obese to get in or out with ease, could not turn the steering wheel properly because even with seat all the way back my stomach hindered the wheel from turning, Fastening the seatbelt was hopeless and finding or applying the proper pedal was not easy.

After the 110 pound weight loss the vehicle remains unreliable but I can get in ahd out and I no longer have that rough abrasion where the steering wheel would scrape against my stomach. it doesn't always start but I feel physically able to drive now.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
July 22nd, 2019 at 9:05:09 PM permalink
Since they lowered the cooking temp
of pork a few years ago to 140, I've
been roasting pork tenderloin in
the oven, with a meat thermometer
inserted, to 129 degrees. I take it out
and it will keep cooking for another
10 min and go just over 140.

I makes me so angry that I have been
drying out pork all these years. The
roast is as pink in the middle as a rare
beef roast, but much more juicy and
tender. Thin slice it and it literally
melts in your mouth. The next day
it's even better cold.

Even though it's official that 140 kills
all the bacteria (I've seen people
who eat at 135), there are still tons
of people who won't touch pink pork.
Trichinosis is almost gone in the US.
Only 8-15 cases is reported a year,
some from eating wild boar. The
feed of domesticated pigs is so
clean now that the disease only
shows up here and there in the pigs
themselves.

Try this way of cooking pork, you will
not believe what you've been missing.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
July 22nd, 2019 at 10:55:29 PM permalink
It's not a calorie restricted diet, but I think the best change I've made in my food consumption is following the mantra - don't eat it if it looks manufactured.

So this sometimes intersects or violates other popular diets. For instance a mash potato is okay. As long as it is a real potato. So high carb is violated. Cooked whole foods are okay, so raw diet is violated. Sometimes even a boxed frozen dinner contains enough non-manufactured items to be okay. Pasta noodles are out. Entire eggs are okay. Chicken with skin is okay, but fried chicken is out. Meat of all kinds is okay, but pressed mystery meat patties are out. Baloney is out. I'm mixed on bacon. I just don't eat too much of it. Actual squeezed oranges are okay, but most likely as far as I can tell all product juices are out. I don't drink a lot of this anyway, even when I have it.

I am most pleased with this menu. And only requires a single evaluation to judge a food.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 22nd, 2019 at 11:24:48 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

It's not a calorie restricted diet, but I think the best change I've made in my food consumption is following the mantra - don't eat it if it looks manufactured..

The only processed food I eat is
pork rinds and they're minimally
processed. Nothing is added to
them. I don't consider canned
veggies processed, they're just
precooked and canned. I hugely
rely on spices and salts and salt
mixes. There are so many good
ones and they really enhance how
food tastes.

Every day at noon I have a can of
sardines and an avocado as my
first meal of the day. I never eat
breakfast. Never gets old, I look
forward to it. If you look them up,
this delivers a mega punch of
nutrients, especially the avocado.
Sardines give you almost the entire
daily requirement of B-12, which
most people are badly missing.
Also high in omega-3 fatty acids,
which is sorely needed for cardio-
vascular health.

Then I eat dinner at 6:30 and that's
it. No food for the next 17 hours.
Not a crumb of anything. It's called
intermittent fasting and I've been
doing it for 20 years. No snacking
between noon and dinner either.
Don't knock it till you try it.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
July 22nd, 2019 at 11:41:30 PM permalink
Do you always eat the same brand of sardines? Almost never eat sardines, so just curious.

Also cats must love you.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 23rd, 2019 at 1:15:14 AM permalink

Do you always eat the same brand of sardines? Almost never eat sardines, so just curious.

Bumble Bee, buck a can at Walmart.
More fish in the can that the cheaper
brand, which is 90 cents. I break them
open and remove the bones. You don't
have to, they're soft. I get them in oil
but the ones in mustard sauce are good
too. Sardines get a bad rap, they aren't
fishy tasting at all. I hit them with Kosher
salt and pepper, same with the avocado.
I don't eat bread anymore but sardine
and avocado sandwiches are great.
Toast the bread and us mayo.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
July 23rd, 2019 at 3:49:26 AM permalink
Bob, you should get these pork rinds. Fried in their own fat rather than veggie oil, which is the devil. Also, delicious.

It's not a calorie restricted diet, but I think the best change I've made in my food consumption is following the mantra - don't eat it if it looks manufactured.

So this sometimes intersects or violates other popular diets. For instance a mash potato is okay. As long as it is a real potato. So high carb is violated. Cooked whole foods are okay, so raw diet is violated. Sometimes even a boxed frozen dinner contains enough non-manufactured items to be okay. Pasta noodles are out. Entire eggs are okay. Chicken with skin is okay, but fried chicken is out. Meat of all kinds is okay, but pressed mystery meat patties are out. Baloney is out. I'm mixed on bacon. I just don't eat too much of it. Actual squeezed oranges are okay, but most likely as far as I can tell all product juices are out. I don't drink a lot of this anyway, even when I have it.

I am most pleased with this menu. And only requires a single evaluation to judge a food.

This sounds fine to me, and is kind of what i do when not on keto.
bahdbwoy
bahdbwoy
  • Threads: 14
July 23rd, 2019 at 3:55:07 AM permalink
two days a week fruit/organic juice fast such as
- oranges, grapes, peaches, strawberries, bananas

but still need cardio/elevated heart rate

3 minute hiit cardio daily such as
- sprinting, heavy bag/shadowboxing, jumping knee tucks

henny/cognac + organic lime juice :)
GWAE
GWAE
July 23rd, 2019 at 4:58:44 AM permalink
Quote: bahdbwoy

two days a week fruit/organic juice fast such as
- oranges, grapes, peaches, strawberries, bananas

but still need cardio/elevated heart rate

3 minute hiit cardio daily such as
- sprinting, heavy bag/shadowboxing, jumping knee tucks

henny/cognac + organic lime juice :)

only 3 minutes? Does 3 minutes even do anything? Yes I know it is better than nothing but 3 min seems so low
bahdbwoy
bahdbwoy
  • Threads: 14
July 23rd, 2019 at 5:36:45 AM permalink
yes.... got to push and give 100%
try and tell us
20s sprint / 10s rest
10s sprint / 20s rest
15s sprint / 15s rest
20s sprint / 10s rest
10s sprint / 10s rest
10s sprint / done / cool down
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
July 23rd, 2019 at 9:23:50 AM permalink
breakfast:: three nuked peppers.

lunch: A gift from Meals On Wheels: pasta elbows with onion-flavored meat sauce, some Summer Squash, two hushpuppies. (note: a hushpuppy is an item often served in the American South. Cornmeal ball lightly toasted.).
About a half cup of coffee.

So WHY does this induce a two and a half hour bout of post prandial somnolence? Its just too maddening.
DRich
DRich
July 23rd, 2019 at 9:28:07 AM permalink
I had a Totino's three meat pizza for dinner. You can all say what you want, but I like them and they only cost $1.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
July 23rd, 2019 at 9:34:32 AM permalink

I had a Totino's three meat pizza for dinner. You can all say what you want, but I like them and they only cost $1.

They best from the oven instead of the microwave, and need a little hot sauce too.

They get kinda weird and soggy in the microwave, but if you fold it in half and eat it like a taco it’s not bad.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
July 23rd, 2019 at 9:36:37 AM permalink
Inflation hasn’t hit the totinos pizzas? Those things were $1 15 years ago when I ate them.
DRich
DRich
July 23rd, 2019 at 9:40:30 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

They best from the oven instead of the microwave, and need a little hot sauce too.

They get kinda weird and soggy in the microwave, but if you fold it in half and eat it like a taco it’s not bad.

I put both garlic salt and Italian hot sauce on them.

Blasphemy, you will completely ruin the Totino's putting it in the microwave. Unacceptable.
DRich
DRich
July 23rd, 2019 at 9:41:26 AM permalink

Inflation hasn’t hit the totinos pizzas? Those things were $1 15 years ago when I ate them.

I think they are regularly around $1,29 but can be had on sale for $1.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
July 23rd, 2019 at 9:42:34 AM permalink

Does sawdust go up in an inflationary environment?
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
July 23rd, 2019 at 9:47:11 AM permalink

I put both garlic salt and Italian hot sauce on them.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRt8wfeRidRLoqZJZ-6SGReQsr9pElpQ9cuEpmgZZYHMGNS5ZNRnUc&usqp=CAc

That stuff looks fantastic. I will have to find some.
DRich
DRich
July 23rd, 2019 at 9:59:32 AM permalink

That stuff looks fantastic. I will have to find some.

I order it on Amazon, never seen it at the grocery store. There is one that I like better but can not get it in the United States.
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 23rd, 2019 at 11:38:12 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Does sawdust go up in an inflationary environment?

That's probably the truth. The cheaper
brands of parm cheese have legal
sawdust in them. And you just know
these cheapo pizzas use the cheapest
they can find.
DRich
DRich
July 23rd, 2019 at 12:51:16 PM permalink
Tonight the wife and I are trying a local restaurant that we haven't been to before. It is called Windy City Beef and Pizza.

Since today is National Hot Dog Day they are having $2 Chicago Dogs. I will also have a wet Italian Beef sandwich, Chicken Wings, and a Pizza Puff (if they are homemade and not frozen).

I expect my dinner will exceed 4000 calories.
GWAE
GWAE
July 23rd, 2019 at 1:18:19 PM permalink

Tonight the wife and I are trying a local restaurant that we haven't been to before. It is called Windy City Beef and Pizza.

Since today is National Hot Dog Day they are having $2 Chicago Dogs. I will also have a wet Italian Beef sandwich, Chicken Wings, and a Pizza Puff (if they are homemade and not frozen).

I expect my dinner will exceed 4000 calories.

I want to say F you, but I won't cause I like you
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
July 23rd, 2019 at 1:46:56 PM permalink

Fold em in half and add some chopped up meatballs and sausage. Had a friend that sliced Bubba Burgers in half and used a Totinos pizza as a wrap for it. As a wrap, they are better microwaved. As pizza, they need at least a toaster over.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
  • Jump to: